Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 23, 2011 5:18 AM
Aug 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
''I'm melting'' a classic witch phrase.
Aug 7, 2013 12:21 PM

Feb 2011
"It's on now, bitch."

OMG ahaha. XD I think that's the first time there's been actual cursing in the translation? 'Shimatta' was translated to 'crap' earlier I believe.
眠れないのは君のせい
Sep 13, 2013 2:58 PM

Apr 2010
I like how there's been like three different Devimon's throughout the series. I wonder how they evolve.
Apr 10, 2014 11:22 AM
Mar 2013
Sasuke10271994 said:
I like how there's been like three different Devimon's throughout the series. I wonder how they evolve.

On the episode itself it was alright I guess. I just don't find myself enjoying the Dark Masters arc as much as the Real world arc. The only thing that happened this episode was that LadyDevimon was defeated and she's not really that interesting.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
anime-primeOct 10, 2020 10:13 AM
Jul 10, 2014 5:14 AM

Oct 2013
"... Something tells me we should just nod our head and head home." rofl

emeraldrosary said:
On the episode itself it was alright I guess. I just don't find myself enjoying the Dark Masters arc as much as the Real world arc.

It's the opposite with me. I enjoyed the previous arc, but I'm liking this one more. The Digimon are more powerful, the villains are definitely cooler, and there's a stronger sense of urgency and catastrophe. The previous arc depicted the world on the border of destruction if Myotismon wasn't stopped - this arc depicts the digiworld post-destruction in an apocalyptic state where the dark masters already rule. It's like the difference between the World of Balance and the World of Ruin in FFVI... and Piedmon reminds an awfully lot of Kefka, for that matter. This arc just feels very "end game," like everything has reached the boiling point and I like that a lot.

LadyDevimon is indeed very plain though.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Dec 11, 2015 1:35 PM

Jul 2011
Gomamon is kawaii.

Chouninatte said:
"It's on now, bitch."

OMG ahaha. XD I think that's the first time there's been actual cursing in the translation? 'Shimatta' was translated to 'crap' earlier I believe.

lol the boys' reactions were funny. XD
Jun 18, 2016 8:52 AM

Feb 2013
LadyDevimon is hot!
That "cat" fight was funny.
Feb 3, 2017 4:32 PM

Dec 2010
"I know I should not watch this but I can`t take my eyes off" Oh Izzy, what would your mother think about this? Haha.

"I`m melting".

"I`m dissapointment for everyone" Elecmon goes full emo.

Dub wins this time, thanks to those thre quotes.

I liked it. Finally Angewomon is doing something. Nice fight.

The Digimon are more powerful, the villains are definitely cooler, and there's a stronger sense of urgency and catastrophe. The previous arc depicted the world on the border of destruction if Myotismon wasn't stopped - this arc depicts the digiworld post-destruction in an apocalyptic state where the dark masters already rule

Definitely. It is pretty dark, especially seeing Primary Village like this. In the Real World arc kids were working together because there was hope and they have something to fight for. In this arc they almost lost their motivation because the situation is far more graven. Not to mention good Digimons are dropping like flies.

Next time Piedmon gonna rape poor WarGreymon. I feel bad for our yellow dino.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
anime-primeOct 10, 2020 10:14 AM
Apr 5, 2018 8:19 PM

Apr 2017
I really like how everybody has matured a lot. In this episode, Taichi has learned from his mistkaes it seems ; and already thought about everything, given the circumstances, so he's willing to lead everybody (as a leader). Much better than rushing directly into the fight as a few episodes ago.

Also nice cat fight, and lol at the reaction from Koushiro and Taichi.
--------
Aug 15, 2018 3:45 PM
Mar 2018
One of the worst episodes of the show. No interesting plot, the premise was just boring throughout. A few good fights but that's it.
Mar 29, 2020 3:16 PM

May 2008
Taichi actually thought ahead? I agree with Koushiro, I'm surprised.

But man, Jyou and Mimi have been totally useless this arc. Finally Jyou is tired of being useless and actually going to try and do something worthwhile while Mimi continues being a dead weight. I wish her subplot was learning to be useful.

And I'm getting annoyed with how they never evolve to Perfect from the start when they know the digimon's level. Along with them de-evolving immediately (sometimes) when it's not yet safe to do so.
Oct 10, 2020 2:06 AM

Dec 2012
Mimi and Jo.
lol at Jo's face red.
Dat grave.
Taichi.
Piemon.
Who is that?
lol at Sora and Hikari.
LadyDevimon.
Dat theme. Agumon.
Dat theme. Group shinka.
LadyDevimon. Perfect.
lol at Agumon laughing at him being a kirifuda.
Taichi's plan.
Angewomon got kicked into the wall.
Angewomon oppai.
Elecmon.
Jo is leaving after Yamato.
Angewomon getting pulled by the hair.
Dat theme. AtlurKabuterimon.
LMAO at Angewomon saying its on now bitch!
They slapping each other. Girl fight!
lol at Taichi-tachi faces.
lol at Hikari.
Angewomon got kicked to the ground.
AtlurKaburterimon broke the darkness spear.
LMAO at Angewomon telling AtlurKabuterimon to move out the way and him saying sorry.
Dat Heavens charm.
lol at Tentomon.
Kuruzo! Piemon!
Dat theme. WarGreymon.

So Angemon one shots Devimon yet Angewomon gets her ass beat and gets saved by AK before beating LadyDevimon.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Feb 19, 2021 12:48 AM

Jul 2013
Taichi be acting like a real leader here. Wait, what? A character development without them going full emo? That's illegal in this arc you know?
Feb 20, 2021 12:51 AM

Oct 2009
Taichi learnt to think ahead now.
But they should've rested a bit and secured food first like Mimi & Jo's group before going so close to the boss nest

arghh.. Yamato pls come back already :/

More topics from this board

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 6 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 6, 2010

15 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 2:26 PM

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 5 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 5, 2010

17 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 1:10 PM

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 4 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 5, 2010

16 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 12:42 PM

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 3 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 5, 2010

16 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 2 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 3, 2010

18 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 11:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.