Forum Settings
Forums

Did you moved from Anime to Manga over time?

New
Jul 4, 2011 2:53 AM
Jul 2010
Tan_fNov 7, 2015 2:56 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 4, 2011 2:56 AM

Dec 2010
There was a time where I watched the shit out of anime, and some when I read the fuck out of manga, but it fluctuates.
Jul 4, 2011 2:58 AM

Jul 2010
Rarely but I did used to read manga like crazy. I still do but when I can it online at the least since I tend to buy manga.
Jul 4, 2011 3:21 AM
May 2011
i cant stand manga, it doesnt have the same feel without the music, animation, or voices to me, it feels boring honestly and i tend to just not care after a while no matter how good the serise, the only manga ive ever finished was kekkaishi
Jul 4, 2011 4:31 AM

May 2011
When I read the title "Did you moved from Anime to Manga over time?" I was like "how did you know ?!" xD

It came to me about a month ago.I just enjoy reading mangas and listening music at the same time more than watching anime.I think my interest to anime will come back after some time.

E: typo..
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Jul 4, 2011 4:37 AM

Mar 2009
I've always preferred manga over anime. Sometimes I take a break from manga though.
Jul 4, 2011 4:46 AM

Jan 2010
I prefer manga. I think anime, sometimes, skip parts very important.
Jul 4, 2011 5:42 AM

Apr 2009
I moved from anime to manga gradually. I didn't know what manga was when I first started, and then I tried reading it and was really confused by the paneling and reading right to left. And then I didn't know where I could read it outside of buying it (and what series were good? I didn't know!). It was very gradual, since it took me three years to start reading manga.
Jul 4, 2011 7:06 AM

Apr 2011
I did move to manga gradually after getting into anime, and I prefer it since I love books anyway!
hey hey hey hey no
Jul 4, 2011 7:08 AM

Aug 2009
It's seasonal when it comes to anime, if the current season sucks it's either search for old ones or stick to manga.

Jul 4, 2011 7:12 AM

Aug 2008
Yes, I bored of anime. There's a lot more variety in manga. Of the stuff I like to read (shoujo, josei, otome, BL), only the crappiest of the crap gets (poorly) animated, so it's only natural to avoid it like the plague.
Jul 4, 2011 7:30 AM

Aug 2008
I started off doing both, but over time I started moving away from manga and instead to anime only. Now the only time I read manga is for ongoing series that I was already reading, and when an anime ends without a proper ending.
Jul 4, 2011 12:17 PM

Mar 2009
I most definitely started off with anime, like Toonami and early adult swim and stuff.

And I definitely moved to manga more over time (I still watch quite a bit of anime to be sure), though I can't exactly pinpoint when. My guess is when I stopped like Ranma 1/2 and looked at all the money I'd wasted on it and asked myself "why the hell did I get both the anime and the manga of this? The manga was way better, why in the world did I think I needed both?", that was when at the very least I decided to only get the anime or manga of a particular series (to own) unless the anime and manga were significantly different (like with Planetes for example). Then I found out that most of the time, the manga was better, so I just kept sticking to manga, not to mention all the manga that never made it to anime form or that only made it to a 6 ep OVA or something *cough*PSME*cough* or had a bad adaptation made of it and manga became the clear choice for me.
Jul 4, 2011 12:36 PM

Jun 2011
I started with manga but somewhere along the way I started watch more and more anime. I still prefer manga cause there is just a lot more good and interesting stories than in anime. And usually manga is better if you compare manga and anime that are about the same story so manga is often obvious choice for me.

Sometimes I still want some movement, voices etc. so I still watch anime (usually the same good series over and over again cause I rarely find anything interesting new anime). I have noticed that often anime creates better atmosphere but it's pointless if the story is full of crap so I think that I stick with manga more than with anime.
Why does the world want to become one? Dreams and ideals are not supposed to be the same.
Jul 4, 2011 5:11 PM

Jun 2007
I haven't quit anime and I'm not devoted to manga, but it is true I started out only watching anime and now spend most of my time reading manga.

The reason is simple enough: most of what gets animated is kiddy, popular, sure-to-sell stuff. Tweens-teens are the main audience, and I'm no longer a tween-teen. Another factor is that manga full of violence/gore/sex aren't a good fit for TV because of restrictions.
Jul 4, 2011 5:29 PM

Jun 2009
I started out with anime but I'm slowly starting to get more and more into manga as I go along. I'm really only reading the more popular stuff as of now (One Piece, Rurouni Kenshin, Trigun) but I plan on expanding my horizons as I go along.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 5, 2011 11:24 AM

Aug 2009
I actually started of with manga, because I had a really slow internet connection.
Later I switched to Anime, but I can only watch about 2-3 Animes in a row before I get bored of them for a while. Then I read a couple of Mangas before returning to Anime again.
But you can definitly say that I enjoy the the variety of different Mangas much more than that of Anime. Especially because the Endings of Animes usually suck, if the Manga isn't finish yet.
In this world, there are things you have to protect even if your hands get stained with blood.
Okita Sougo 沖田 総悟
Jul 5, 2011 11:46 AM

Apr 2010
i started watching anime, and think "why would i read the manga when i can watch the anime :V?, i was soooo wrong, now i read more manga than i watch anime :3
Jul 5, 2011 12:01 PM

Apr 2010
im running out of anime to watch so i started reading a ton of manga lately. though i avoided manga in the past cuz i though it'd be boring. But I think i'm also starting to run out of manga to read, even though i havn't read too many, cuz i don't feel like reading any of the manga that i've seen as an anime. the only anime i've been watching recently are new ones.
Jul 5, 2011 1:59 PM

Jul 2008
I did start in anime and move from manga, Now I'll read tons of manga but I won't watch as much anime. Kinda hard to watch some anime when you already know whats going to happen lol
Jul 5, 2011 8:27 PM
May 2009
I began to understand the art and enjoyment of manga over anime. I spent 2 and 1/2 years watching anime and began to switch due to my eye strains. It funny how i don't ever get eye strains from reading manga.
This is actually my 4th year reading manga, and never had any problem with it.
It's rare now days for me to watch anime, but i just started one yesterday, I'm expecting something good would come out of this. :D
Jul 6, 2011 1:43 AM

Dec 2007
-Kazu said:
I did start in anime and move from manga, Now I'll read tons of manga but I won't watch as much anime. Kinda hard to watch some anime when you already know whats going to happen lol

my words exactly. I mean there's no use to see the story you already read animated. and anime gets crappier and crappier with each season. if a year ago I could watch at least one show per season now I can't bring myself to watch any of them...

I'm in manga-only mode for few months already and haven't watched much anime for a year or so and only watch some original (non-manga-based) stuff or something based on novel which is not yet translated.
Jul 7, 2011 1:53 AM

Jan 2010
notsureifsrs said:
There was a time where I watched the shit out of anime, and some when I read the fuck out of manga, but it fluctuates.

LMAO. This right here. But I find that reading manga makes me go through the story much quicker and therefore read a lot more in the time that I could watch less anime. But at the same time, reading faster makes me not appreciate the mood, anticipation, and time in the manga. So I watch the anime then too.
Jul 11, 2011 4:44 PM

May 2009
Definitly, that happened to me, I watched shitloads of anime but after a while began to read manga and now, I barely watch anime anymore, Manga all the way ( besides since most of what I read is seinen not many of those get to anime so...)
Jul 11, 2011 8:02 PM

Mar 2011
I've seen like 2 series of anime (i'm much more likely to watch movies, though that is like once every 2 months). It never really caught my attention/interested me the way manga does. I just don't get it.
Jul 13, 2011 6:50 PM
Jul 2011
I started out watching more anime because manga was hard to come by back in the days. They didn't publish a whole lot, and I didn't have money to spare either. Now with a salary, I've begun to acquire more mangas and prefer to read them over watching anime. The stories IMO are told much better by the mangas than the anime adaptations.
Jul 17, 2011 5:30 AM
Dec 2009
i started reading manga when i finished watching bleach ( my first anime) and wanted to know what happens next
Jul 17, 2011 4:09 PM

Jun 2011
This is my first day of reading Manga :)
Completed Fruits Basket anime and I heard the story continued with the Manga, so I HAD to read it.
Was odd getting the hang of it, but now I love it :D
Forget about love
Like the feeling inside you
With the bottle beside you
You both end up empty.

Survivor of Major Depression.

Jul 17, 2011 4:19 PM

Jul 2011
For me it was the other way around. At first I only read manga, until I became more interested in anime. I rarely read any manga anymore.
Jul 17, 2011 4:38 PM
Jul 2011
I almost never watch anime anymore... I moved from anime--->manga--->asian dramas :)
That awkward moment when you're watching yaoi then all of a sudden someone walks in...
Jul 17, 2011 4:57 PM

Jun 2011
I moved from anime to manga when i got tired of the filers.
Jul 17, 2011 5:15 PM

Apr 2009
I actually did the opposite. I read a lot more manga before than I do now. I read manga because I could get through the series faster than watching the anime. Now though, I watch more anime because it's cheaper to buy a boxset than to buy volumes for a 10+ series at $10 a volume.
Jul 17, 2011 5:44 PM

Mar 2011
Yes, I moved from anime to manga but I'm still watching anime. Now I'm switching from manga to anime when I get tired of clicking through pages when I'm reading online.
Jul 18, 2011 5:37 AM
Oct 2010
I only recently moved to Manga and I'm already enjoying it more. Sure I miss the music and intense scenes which are available within anime, but the overwhelming increase in quality of plot - plus length easily makes up for that.
Jul 18, 2011 5:56 AM
Mar 2011
doing thing in the wrong way
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Jul 18, 2011 5:59 AM

Sep 2010
I don't see a reason to stop watching while WHILE getting interested with manga. I'm into manga right now but I still watch those ongoing anime. It's just easy to live with both so, why not?
Jul 19, 2011 6:06 AM

Oct 2009
I'd watch Anime as a kid (DBZ, Pokemon, Shin-chan, etc) but it was actually Manga that got me to be as crazed for it as I am. I also still go into phases of reading more Manga compared to how much Anime I watch at that time. But mostly, I prefer Anime.. I suppose it depends on my mood.
Jul 20, 2011 9:37 AM

Jul 2011
The opposite I think. It's much easier to come across good anime then it is manga.
I think I went anime, manga, anime.
Jul 20, 2011 9:58 AM

Aug 2009
I switch on an off
Jul 20, 2011 1:01 PM

Jun 2008
I never moved from anime to manga, I have always been on manga's side right from the start.

Nevertheless, I indeed used to watch more anime when I was younger.

you're so cute when you're frustrated, dear
Jul 20, 2011 1:24 PM
May 2011
i cant bother with manga, the only time its ok is when its a slice of life and nothing really happens
Jul 20, 2011 3:03 PM

Jun 2011
Anime effectively introduced me to manga, though I wouldn't say I moved from anime to manga specifically as I still watch a lot of anime to date.

But it's certainly thanks to anime that I also read manga.
Jul 20, 2011 4:04 PM

Jul 2011
There was a period of time last year when I read a ton of manga but hardly watched anime. However, for the most part I've stuck with anime just because I find it easier to multitask when watching anime. :p Also, I prefer to read the manga volumes themselves instead of reading manga online, but unfortunately the library doesn't have a lot of manga and I hardly go to the bookstore, so I end up just falling back on anime.
previously UnhappyRefrain - non-binary - they/them - California
Tumblr - Twitter - Youtube - DeviantArt
old sig
Jul 23, 2011 1:29 AM

Jan 2011
Always used to be all Anime and barely any Anime (for about 3 or 4 years), but lately I've become quite the manga nut. Caught up with quite a few ongoing Anime and just couldn't wait for the next episodes so manga was the way to go, and I actually prefer the manga more too. =P
Jul 23, 2011 7:33 PM

Jul 2011
I used to watch all Anime and never read any Manga. Now I do both
Jul 24, 2011 3:06 PM

Jun 2010
i dont think i can completely remove myself from animecuz i love seeing the mangas i read in color and with movement on screen but i usually read the manga first of the anime most of the time that way when i watch the anime i wont be disappointed of the clips they removed
Anime/Manga Gives Heart To The World <3

http://www.youtube.com/user/lust4lyfe101
Jul 24, 2011 3:34 PM

Aug 2010
I first found out about anime and I would watch it a lot and then I found out about manga. I really like to read manga now but I think I still watch anime more. It really just depends on what series I am watching/reading for how much time I spend on something.
Jul 31, 2011 5:54 PM

Jun 2011
I only do that if the anime version doesn't satisfy me.
-CoughcoughYumekuiMerrycoughough-
Jul 31, 2011 10:40 PM

May 2011
notsureifsrs said:

this
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 2, 2011 11:32 PM
Jul 2011
i started with anime and actually thought that Manga was pretty bad. Eventually i went to Manga, after a while i couldn't find a great manga to read so i went back to Anime and now i'm back to manga again.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» How do you read your Manwha/Manhua ?

TheDefCrypt - May 8

10 by Arashiiiii »»
33 minutes ago

» How many chapters do you read a month?

Rissio - Apr 4

30 by Arashiiiii »»
40 minutes ago

» How many of the top 50 manga on MAL have you read?

Mr_Libra - Yesterday

10 by Arashiiiii »»
59 minutes ago

» Your top 10 unknown/not-well known manga

Kumoiro_Shizuki - Yesterday

4 by Kumoiro_Shizuki »»
5 hours ago

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Manga/Character' Thread v3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 19, 2022

1072 by Saori_Shun »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.