Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 2, 2011 11:22 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
hey they didn't fuck up the ending. wonder if we'll get another season?

Karako and a few others escaped but she probably should have died like Nagi.

Mockingbird would be pretty important in the next season it would seem.

pretty good adaptation so far 7/8 out of 10? the OP was pretty awesome.
Jul 2, 2011 11:29 AM

Dec 2008
9/10. They did a pretty good job in adapting the manga. And there will definitely be a second season. Maybe during winter 2011 or spring 2012.
Jul 2, 2011 11:35 AM

Nov 2009
well it was a pretty good ending it def leaves off intending a 2nd season i just wished they would have intruduced some of the other characters if they were planing on doin second season but overall best anime of the season manga still owns it though :D
Jul 2, 2011 11:37 AM

Jun 2009
yeaaah, defientely second season.
so many things unexplained, but awesome OP.
awesome anime, havent's seen anything like this for a while O:
Jul 2, 2011 11:38 AM

Sep 2009
To bad DVD/BD sales are quite poor as I know. Did the get S2? It's Manglobe so they still could make it but no hint except of open end...
Jul 2, 2011 11:48 AM

Feb 2009
Acceptable ending. I just hope we get a season two so we can

I'm on 7/8 .. some things compared to the manga are still too unexplained which I would like. Since there's actually character development in the Manga. doh!
Jul 2, 2011 11:50 AM
May 2011
Definitely a season 2...I'm hoping in a Fall 2011/ or a Winter 2012 =o. It'll fit the cold nature of the show if it shows in that time period IMO.
ban1o.jpg
Jul 2, 2011 11:54 AM

Oct 2010
As expected, the ending left things open for a second season, still really good stuff.
I couldn't stop thinking on Seikon when Ganta got the power-up tattoos. It just me laugh a little inside. To bad he stopped Shiro when she was getting ready to get medieval on Genkaku's ass.
I thought Karako was going to die with Nagi (she was going to hold Genkaku next to Nagi's dead body), anyways nice way to wrap things up.

8/10 - Ganta wines a little to much (like shinji, but worst) and after the first couple of episodes it kinda looses momentum.

Once again Toto is seen w/o collar and this is just killing me T_T
huh?
Jul 2, 2011 11:59 AM

Oct 2010
Well I though this whole season was gore fantastic despite being censored and I am damn happy about Shiro in general and her design as well as split personality.

Senji was terrific as well. Ganta was like coo/annoying. Went here and there. Anyway maybe I will add more later.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jul 2, 2011 12:10 PM

Aug 2010
Lulz i love the fact that mockingbird's hand just split open like that XP
Season 2 for sure with this ending, hope more crow action next season =I

on another note, wow that monk got sexually assaulted in a temple of all places, i was actually quite surprised at the conclusion he came to after seeing the cat die ._.; kinda extreme o_O
Jul 2, 2011 12:18 PM

Oct 2010
a good ending for me... but they should've added more to it somehow, as... this arc wasn't that great =/ ( compared to whats in store that is).
There is a lot more that can be done for this anime, hope they make a season 2 as the manga is pure class!!!

Mockingbird looks awesome, but that technique only suits crow!!! ;D
Jul 2, 2011 12:22 PM

Dec 2010
Never read the manga so I wouldn't know if this was a proper way to end the season (the pacing and stuff).

Probably would've been better if they adapted it into a 24-ish episodes instead of the 12.

But on the bright side, a second season is no doubt going to happen - unless the studio can't fund it.

Regarding the episode, I thought it was pretty decent. Very gore-y and Shiro having her leg untwisted was WTF. Didn't really feel like it should've been the ending though...it was more like the end of an arc out of many to come.

Pretty crazy how both Shiro and Ganta were like sync'd, but yet again he failed to realize because he stood in front of her and couldn't see what Shiro's face was like.

hoping for season two.

Jul 2, 2011 12:25 PM

Nov 2010
Yup. Second season is necessary. I was left with so freaking many questions... reminds me of Darker Than Black, where some catastrophic event happened that gave a few people special powers, but they never bother to explain why, or the details around said catastrophic event. Same with Deadman Wonderland. So much backstory that needs explaining!!!

I thought the ending was ok, if a bit rushed. But if this season was just an arc in a forthcoming larger story, then I don't mind so much.
Jul 2, 2011 12:53 PM

May 2009
^ Theres no such thing as necessary :P
Jul 2, 2011 12:57 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
Need second season.. ending felt way too unfinished
Jul 2, 2011 1:11 PM

Sep 2010
abrupt ending is abrupt
Really, those supervisors should have inspected the prison when all those bodies were lying around.
Ganta is as annoying as Renton. Good thing they became stronger fighters as time passed. Aside from hi sobbing voice, the rest of the show is just pure awesome.
7~8 / 10 - will adjust later

...did his mother really came up with the song?

Jul 2, 2011 1:18 PM

Jul 2010
The ending left me confused. I hope there's a second season.
Jul 2, 2011 1:23 PM

Jun 2011
Very good ending, but we need season 2.
Until then, time for me to begin the manga...
Jul 2, 2011 1:27 PM
Dec 2009
animelly said:
The ending left me confused. I hope there's a second season.

So am I, as well as probably much more people, yet before next season appears, we will be probably sucked in by another anime, aren't I right ? (it might not be correct gramatically, sorry if so)
Therefore, can someone tell me, is the story in manga so long-produced as in anime ? I mea, in my opinion for those 12 ep of anime, not much actualy happend. Action is kind of lazy. Maybe someday i will read manga.
Jul 2, 2011 1:29 PM
Jun 2009
Loved the episode hope we can get a second season. Shiro was about to go red man for little bit there right before gunta manned up took down the twisted priest
Jul 2, 2011 1:50 PM

Sep 2009
That last scene with Karako and Nagi actually made me shed some tears. They would've been a cute couple, and while I'm somewhat happy that Karako lived I still think that it might've been better if she had died with Nagi.

The short scene with Genkaku remarking that Nagi was his savior was pretty epic. I dunno. :U It's interesting to see his past like that though, and the whole death being salvation made sense but at the same time he really got messed up back then. :U

I have to wonder why Shiro had the same marks appearing on her face when Ganta got ready to fire that "super Ganta gun" or whatever though. :U

Herp derp Mockingbird was nothing less than awesome imo. xD Loved his nonchalant comments after his hand started falling off after having killed that little girl [ who I'd hoped that Nagi had killed in that one ep ].
Jul 2, 2011 2:07 PM

Dec 2010
At least no fillers were added in this 12 episodes. I think Deadman Wonderland the Anime is a huge success.

And the ending assured a second season. :D
I read Manga in both English and Chinese.
Jul 2, 2011 2:38 PM

Apr 2011
There must be definitely a second season. Nothing was closed well. Ganta and the others are still suffering in Deadman Wonderland, and we know nothing about the Red Man yet. And the promoter didn't get what he deserved.
Jul 2, 2011 2:41 PM

Feb 2010
It was good, but the censoring brought the score down... 8/10
It's not breaking in if the door is unlocked.

Jul 2, 2011 2:56 PM
Oct 2010
A season 2 will come, for sure.
Jul 2, 2011 3:00 PM

Jul 2010
HiyuuT said:
i was actually quite surprised at the conclusion he came to after seeing the cat die ._.; kinda extreme o_O
Yeah, like Nagi going nuts after he realized his child was dead? Solution: Kill everything! I guess...

Wow, they can't end it like that. Looks like Karako got away. Did they ever cover how they would remove the collars once they got out? I may have missed that. Bleh, I don't know what to rate this. For now it's a 6-7/10 depending on whether we get a second season.

Shiro was a great character and my favorite at the end. Senji would be second, and third would be... Karako, maybe.
Jul 2, 2011 3:18 PM

Jun 2009
There will be an OVA for sure.

It was very rushed to the end. Manga made somewhat more sense. ^^
Jul 2, 2011 3:47 PM

Aug 2010
Shiro kept this show interesting for me. Other than that the show was okay.
Jul 2, 2011 4:00 PM

Jun 2011
The ending wasn't all that bad I'd say.
Also, Mockingbird using Crow's power is a no-no.
The coolness is just way off.

Ah well, still enough stuff left to explain/do/find out to make a second season possible.
That's why I do assume there will be a season 2.
The joke's on you wolf, the pigs are cannibals..~
Jul 2, 2011 4:04 PM

Aug 2010
Its so obvious that we are getting a second season even though an OVA is set to release in October 2011.

but an OVA cannot cover up all the plot holes in Deadman wonderland.

i guess i will be reading the manga for now.

8/10 for this anime. i swear if i didnt watch 5 cm per Second yesterday i would have given this a 9/10 or even a perfect. i hate you 5 cm per second I AM
Jul 2, 2011 4:17 PM

Oct 2010
defiantly one of the best this season, there has to be a second season! im off to read the manga soon :) but i am highly impressed with this series, 9/10 for me!
Jul 2, 2011 4:27 PM

Apr 2007
Worst show I've seen in a while. Can't cover up shitty writing and characters with blood and violence (that are then censored). mfw characters are introduced with back stories only to die minutes later. Sigh.
Jul 2, 2011 4:45 PM

May 2009
Pretty nice adaptation of the manga. Too bad it ends where the manga starts getting really good and interesting. Hopefully, there'll be another season.
Jul 2, 2011 5:10 PM

Apr 2011
Either we get a S2, or this was just another anime-trailer to make people read it.. however, I loved this anime from the bottom of my hearth, so f*ck yeah, gonna go read it ASAP.
Jul 2, 2011 5:15 PM

Aug 2010
Ganta has reached super saiyan, or bankai. Lol!

And that didnt feel like an ending at all. seriously I guess theres going to be a season 2?
Jul 2, 2011 5:17 PM

Feb 2010
stAtic91 said:
Pretty nice adaptation of the manga. Too bad it ends where the manga starts getting really good and interesting. Hopefully, there'll be another season.

yeah , they did good with this episode , but it was just an arc ending , and this arc isnt thaaat important , the real story is starting now since karako escaped.

it would be awesome if this was 24 eps , we need more mockingbird , i knew they would show how he killed daida hahaha
Jul 2, 2011 5:51 PM

Sep 2009
mystik said:
hey they didn't fuck up the ending.
Lol this.

Not a great adaptation actually. Yes, it ended great and ep 12 was awesome but it did have flaws. And I still can't understand why they made the characters look ugly.
Really, the manga is freaking fabulous in terms of everything actually.
Anyho, awesome BGM <3

7/10
Jul 2, 2011 6:49 PM

Feb 2010
Awesome anime. 9/10 cause it was extremely entertaining and that#s what matters. I hope there's going to be a 2nd season.

FU Mockingbird for slaughtering the insane loli. You're a fkn badass but you went too far.

Howl got owned. But went out liek a man and dragged Genkaku with him to the depths of hell.

Shoutout to Beast.
Jul 2, 2011 6:49 PM

Jan 2011
Like others have said this was pretty much the ending for this arc to bad they ended it here because right after the story really starts to pick up,also to the people that found this ending confusing that's to be expected because it wouldn't make much sense unless you read the manga or they do a S2.
Jul 2, 2011 6:50 PM
Apr 2011
It wasn't anything special in my opinion, but it was entertaining. I get the feeling that season 2 will be better, way better!

Score: 7/10
Jul 2, 2011 7:09 PM

Apr 2011
This seems a really polarizing show ... either you can only see the glaring plot holes and unexplained mysteries (how the Deadmen got their collars off after they escaped, what the hell's up with the dead director, etc), or you could only see how awesome this show is with its rocking BGM, shocking violence (even with a lot of it blurred out) and psychotic characters. Crow was my favorite of the bunch but needed WAY more screentime, with Shiro/Red Man as a close second fave and Genkaku an even closer third. I loved his occasional usage of the English f-bomb. Fucking guys! ;)

Ganta, sadly, didn't even make the top 5. Too much Shinji and not enough badass. Nice Super Saiyan powerup at the end tho. :D

Speaking of our 'ultra priest', he made a good end boss IMO, tho Red Man Shiro, the promoter or Mockingbird would've been a better one. It seems like they stuck pretty close to the manga tho, and they'd have had to come up with an anime-original ending to resolve anything that way.

The pace was fast and didn't slow the whole way through, and the ending was satisfying while leaving things way open for Season 2. I hope they at least make a movie or something if there's not a second season, simply because so much is unresolved. When will Ganta find out who Shiro really is? And will he try to 'save' her when he finds out or will he finally snap and try to kill her? And who gets to sssllice that evil promoter to pieces?

BTW, maybe someone can answer this for me; were the Undertakers also supposed to have Branches of Sin? I seem to recall them all being former Deadmen but none of them demonstrated any abilities, only high-tech weaponry (Genkaku's guitar-guns, Daida's huge fuck-off Ivy sword). Unless you could Genkaku blocking a supersonic Ganta Gun bare-handed, which could've been him injecting himself with steroids, adrenaline or the Branch inhibitors ... if not all three.

5/5 for an awesome final episode, 9/10 for the series
Blind_GuardianJul 2, 2011 7:20 PM
Jul 2, 2011 7:19 PM

Jan 2011
I think there were two types of undertakers--the cannon fodder in the white suits and then the captains with branches of sin abilities. This was one of the best episodes and clearly a season end rather than a series end. So Ganta's mother made up that rather horrific little ED and taught it to Shiro...I think there's a bit more to explore there on the origins of the wretched egg.

I'm hoping for a second season.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jul 2, 2011 7:51 PM

Apr 2011
I enjoyed this a lot. No real closure, but a second season will be nice. The ending was emotional and really great.

10/10
Jul 2, 2011 8:36 PM

Jun 2008
mystik said:
hey they didn't fuck up the ending. wonder if we'll get another season?
Speak for yourself buddy....

Technically they didn't do anything stupid, however unless there is a second season, then they did fuck up......REALLY BADLY!!!

Basically unless you read the manga, everything we just saw in the anime is up in the air, not to mention that there are SO MANY plot holes and unanswered questions I don't think I can call this an ending.

Anyways, about the episode:

WOW, I didn't think Ganta could get any more annoying.....I was wrong, Romi Paku did a good job showing how much of a PUSSY Ganta really is....

Other than that, I didn't care for the senseless killings.....everything was rushed and nothing was accomplished.

However, There were more than a few episodes that kept me entertained, and the plot is still interesting.....

so...6.5/10 (I'll round it up to 7/10)
Jul 2, 2011 8:38 PM

Dec 2009
Ffwah said:
Yup. Second season is necessary. I was left with so freaking many questions... reminds me of Darker Than Black, where some catastrophic event happened that gave a few people special powers, but they never bother to explain why, or the details around said catastrophic event. Same with Deadman Wonderland. So much backstory that needs explaining!!!

I thought the ending was ok, if a bit rushed. But if this season was just an arc in a forthcoming larger story, then I don't mind so much.

Yeah the supernatural setting does remind me of DtB, but it's so different. We have an antihero protagonist in Ganta, and a straight up BAMF in Hei.

I have an urge to now read the manga from the beginning, and see how this adaptation bended the story.
Jul 2, 2011 8:39 PM
Mar 2010
I found it kind of odd how they decided to smack some backstory right in the middle of the episode (although from what I can see, it's in the same place in the manga). Sort of anticlimatic there. Obviously with a lot of the questions the ending's pretty much designed to be open-ended, so hopefully the OVA or the second season (if it ever comes) will clear some of those things up.

While it's great that Ganta learned a new ability (which is still rather mysterious, now that I think about it), it's getting pretty boring where he just does random stuff and wins the fight miraculously (1HKO!~). It's nice to finally see him not complain about him being weak and finally do something, although he seems to have an affinity for getting seriously beat up.

Fun to see the stormtroopers getting totally team-killed. Suckers. Start vote to kick Genkaku from game?

Overall, entertaining anime, if nothing else. Lots of questions to be answered, though.
Jul 2, 2011 8:45 PM

Jun 2008
daultimate said:
While it's great that Ganta learned a new ability (which is still rather mysterious, now that I think about it), it's getting pretty boring where he just does random stuff and wins the fight miraculously (1HKO!~)

LOL...that's the cornerstone of SHOUNEN....mysterious powers and HAX victories...

Everyone does it and DW is no different, this is just something you have to live with, since they're not going to change anytime soon.

daultimate said:
It's nice to finally see him not complain about him being weak and finally do something, although he seems to have an affinity for getting seriously beat up.

But....he did complain...he started crying and bitching about how he can't do anything and then even though he was DYING, he miraculously saves the day.
Jul 2, 2011 8:46 PM

Oct 2010
it was a nice anime, but nothing TOO special, if the ending wouldnt be rediculously open ended i could live without a second season. but as this ending would be a joke without a second season or at least a ova , im looking forward to either of those
Jul 2, 2011 9:00 PM

Jul 2007
If there is going to be a 2nd season, this anime would be good. However if not i would be very disappointed..
Jul 2, 2011 9:01 PM

Mar 2009
pretty good 7/10
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

viral_hun - May 21, 2011

234 by Kayarbee70 »»
Apr 14, 10:40 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

13man18 - Jun 25, 2011

161 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Oct 11, 2023 5:05 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

banisherx - Jun 18, 2011

190 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Oct 11, 2023 4:39 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mystik - Jun 11, 2011

140 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Oct 11, 2023 3:56 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Lightyear8684 - Jun 4, 2011

130 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Oct 11, 2023 3:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.