Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 1, 2011 11:01 AM

Sep 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Great ep. Not much else to say, except the music in this series has really been quite pleasing. Isn't that noticeable at first, but there's been a good variety over the eps and its pretty good too.
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Jul 2, 2011 12:44 AM
Jul 2010
Good to watch before sleeping. Very relaxing

Right about the music. This one in particular had a nice piano melody
Mar 2, 2013 4:26 PM

Apr 2012
A very moving episode. Apparently there is no limit to the tones or themes this series can explore. Feels great.
Nov 2, 2018 4:30 AM

Jul 2008
Keaton's empathy was wasted on an asshole like him. What a dick.
Apr 11, 2019 6:33 PM

Feb 2014
Beautiful melody my ass it was full of dissonance lmao was like a grade schooler tryna compose something polyharmonic and failing

Edit: L0l I actually agree with the father a broken washing mashine legit sounds better if you've seen Virtual Riot's streams.
GenocyberApr 11, 2019 6:50 PM

"For the sake of humankind, I forsake my humanity." - Cherry
Dec 17, 2019 12:15 PM

Sep 2018
While I liked this episode, I couldn't get over the fact that the way the father reacted is more typical of Japanese culture than british. The ideas that music is a profession for woman and that men are worthless unless they follow in the footsteps of their fathers are very much Japanese culture things. This is something that bothered me when I watched the first few episodes of Monster too, the doctors and the culture around them were very much more japanese in their customs and actions, than western. While the author of these two mangas can write compelling stories he doesn't seem to have a very good grasp on western culture and how it is different from Japanese culture.
Dec 29, 2019 10:02 PM

Sep 2008
kandi_gloss said:
While I liked this episode, I couldn't get over the fact that the way the father reacted is more typical of Japanese culture than british. The ideas that music is a profession for woman and that men are worthless unless they follow in the footsteps of their fathers are very much Japanese culture things. This is something that bothered me when I watched the first few episodes of Monster too, the doctors and the culture around them were very much more japanese in their customs and actions, than western. While the author of these two mangas can write compelling stories he doesn't seem to have a very good grasp on western culture and how it is different from Japanese culture.

I partially agree. I find it very interesting how the mangaka interprets other cultures from a Eastern perspective. It's sort of a fusion of East and West. The shows/mangas very much retain eastern ethos
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Jun 1, 2020 1:33 PM

Jun 2007
overall i liked the episode as usual but...

fuck that old man, got his son traumatized so badly he can't lead a normal life without getting shit from his dad
no one single apology from the old bish. boo hoo he went bankrupt!
*exhales* whew man this stuff got me triggered

also i agree that the melody was a bit too simple and it was a weird reaction to choosing a music career coming from a british noble man
see you, space cowperson . . .
Mar 17, 2021 1:26 PM

Feb 2012
This was like a radio drama. Nothing that happened onscreen was important to understanding the story, just 3 characters talking about the past and present. Even the animation was pretty static.
Oct 12, 2021 9:41 PM

Jun 2010
The subtitles on the DVD has Robert's secretary call him "Sir Fenders" but while these days it is cultural figures who get knighthoods he's quite young and he said he's only been successful for the past year so there's no way he'd get knighted for that. In Japanese she just said "Fenders-san" so I don't know why it was subtitled like that. Enjoy nitpicking!

As for the episode, I thought it was a bit schmaltzy.
Dec 12, 2021 10:13 AM

Feb 2020
Well, good episode I liked this one.
though I feel like episodes are getting better, I have a much harder time not getting bored. For a change I kind of switched from sub to dub. Dub of this episode made a good first impression for me. Lets see how the rest goes. maybe the dub will keep me more invested in it or atleast I hope so
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

More topics from this board

Poll: » Master Keaton Episode 21 Discussion

thisiodfkln - Jul 7, 2011

11 by Punkero »»
Apr 24, 3:05 PM

» I like what I see but doesn't this show feel a tad boring?

anizawa89 - Apr 18

5 by Otakupervert890 »»
Apr 19, 7:19 AM

» Does its anime include ova fully adapt manga till the end ?

ISeeLifePeople - Jan 30

1 by JX-78-2 »»
Jan 30, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Master Keaton Episode 24 Discussion

thisiodfkln - Jul 11, 2011

10 by A1E1BA »»
Jan 14, 6:36 PM

Poll: » Master Keaton Episode 14 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Sep 3, 2009

17 by A1E1BA »»
Jan 7, 8:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.