Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
Oct 18, 2016 1:02 PM

Jan 2016
I think that the financial districts purpose is to show people with the need of money something, to give them a message, i mean the people in the real world wouldnt notice anything. "And why wouldnt they do that? I mean everyone saw the inflations?" I am focused on the future and the past changes, example is when a kid dissapears and the mom just turns around and keeps walking. Tbh i only think as i said at the beginning that the financial disctrict is for a few people "each time the machine goes backwards" in the financial district.

My personal thoughts, dunno.

And i think it was sad because i didnt understand what he got that was precious to him? was it the furure it self? I have no idea, didnt get a clear explanation o that, at least i didnt get it. 7/10
Nov 17, 2016 1:50 PM

Apr 2013
6/10

so anime depicts economical crisis that happened in the last decade, but instead of doing any kind of serious economical and political insight into it, we get poor excuses for battles
I'm convinced that entire story was made just so the 2 of them can fight in last episode
and wth was with that kiss, isn't she realization of his future daughter as seen few episodes before
its like Marty banging his mom in 1955
Aug 11, 2017 11:43 PM
Jun 2013
Ummm what? So did he make a whole new future? Why doesn't anyone know him did it just reset thier brains? Nothing is explained really and we are left scratching our heads. Also they had to put the creepy dad and daughter kiss cause jpn.
Aug 12, 2017 4:14 AM
Jun 2014
The biggest part that bothers me.
Is that yogas asset looked identical to his dad's asset.
So for people to say msyu is his future daughter, his father's asset would of been representing his future grand child....?
And if it is in fact his daughter, why did he let her make out with him. That's fkn weird.
Aug 25, 2017 1:49 AM

Oct 2015
disappointed and i hope i will never watch something like this again
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 12, 2017 1:00 PM
Nov 2014
So i have just a question if you guys may help me. First of all gotta say a lot of posts her helped me a lot with understanding what exactly happened at the ending, ot at least guessing what most likely happened. My own conclusion (as some people said earlier) is that he changed everyone futures and present life to the better, but in the process he screwed is own. The way i see it, everything he knew, and everyone he knew is not as it used to be (we can take a look at Hanabi's house part and the convenience store where he used to work). He's like he is in a paralel world, and he's pretty much alone. Now back to the point, my question is: Is the girl at the end really Hanabi, but since she didn't meet him in that supposed world hehesitated to call her out or is she a really similiar girl? Thanks for helping out
May 15, 2018 2:57 AM

Sep 2017
Nice end. 7/10. Pretty entertaining, but not up to the mark as I thought. I would have preferred a more consistent story.

But the art was good, so there is that.

I understood what Yoga did at the end. He made yen irrelevant so that the Financial district's Midas money would be irrelevant and hence the crisis would be averted. Dollar replaces yen. Future restored? Dunno whether the sensei is still alive.

With this I have completed 2000 episodes of anime. So, that's something. Next I think I will finish Death Parade and Gakkougurashi for some dystopian stuff, continuing along the lines of this anime. One has to deal with games concerning death, the other has to deal with games and death.

The fight this episode was quite thrilling. I have got to give credit for that. Even though the plot was predictable, the action sequence was nice.

Some anime, huh?

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Nov 4, 2018 9:37 AM

Dec 2015
Sery said:
Because even with the kiss i still think she is his sister.

I think the same !! That dream/flashback scene that was shown with the dad naming the daughter "Msyu", the show made it seem like it was Kimimaro's future. But what if it was instead his past. I have two theories:
1. She died irl then was reborn as his fathers asset, going by how Mikuni's asset is his sister.
2. She was his fathers collateral, she couldve been just a few days or months old when he went bankrupt. So there was no way he couldve recognized her as his daughter. Since memories of collaterals are erased no way Kimimaro could have linked anything.

And, there were we have the connection why both the father and sons asset looks alike.

KurisuBestWaifu said:
Now back to the point, my question is: Is the girl at the end really Hanabi, but since she didn't meet him in that supposed world he hesitated to call her out or is she a really similiar girl? Thanks for helping out

What I think is that he probably didn't want to bother/disturb her during her work. She is a kindergarten teacher just like she always wanted to be and she looked very happy, thats what he wanted to see the most. And she also probably just missed him (and not forget him like everyone is thinking, maybe) as she was busy looking after the kids and we all know how hard that is. Maybe after the story got cut off, behind the scenes, they caught up with each other and went for a drink together, who knows. ;)
xueyutanhuaNov 4, 2018 10:14 AM
Apr 3, 2019 6:20 AM

Feb 2018
A happy ending. In the last scene it appears that Masyu kissed Kimimaro and disappeared, it suddenly shocked me and was about to shed tears. I think Hanabi will marry Kimimaro but my guess is wrong.
Jun 12, 2019 10:40 AM

Jan 2019
It was an okay series. 6/10
Jul 27, 2019 12:00 PM

Oct 2014
Better than I expected. That ending felt cut off though, like some scenes are missing.
And I cringed so hard when Mashu kissed him when she's supposedly representing his future daughter. No, just... no.
Sep 8, 2019 12:12 AM
Jul 2016
I don't know how I feel about Yoga and Mashu kissing at the end only because he said shes his daughter?? Definitely a 7/10 for me overall.

But a bit of a theory unless I missed and or forgot something:

Kimimaro was hinted towards being ghost like. (i.e. the prof's kid not seeing him or Hanabi not reacting to him on the bench) So what if Kimimaro's father is in the same situation. Didn't the informer say he heard his dad hung himself? If he only heard that and theres no written proof, then his dissapearancee could be him being a ghost.

And how did he get in that situation you say?

What if his Kimimaro Yoga's dad was a part of the other collapse that was affecting Mikuni during his backstory ep. He solved that issue which lead to him becoming a ghost and Kimimaro survives to tell the tale.

Im pretty sure this is all bullshit spewing outta my head but I just wanted to put it out there. :)
Dec 9, 2019 1:22 AM
Feb 2016
Woah...this one is confusing as hell and there's a lot of mess here and there but still enjoy it tho...The ending aren't that satisfying and really hope there's some proper conclusion to this
Mar 22, 2020 12:07 PM

Nov 2019
Pretentious and garbage. 2/10
Sep 6, 2020 2:19 PM

Aug 2017
I guess everything just ended up in a loop, huh? Pretty vague and bittersweet ending for sure (especially that melancholic last kiss...getting Angel Beats vibes). Oh, and Q has the power of The World! xD

P.S. It took me a long time to realize that Q's sleepiness is a reference to Takako's coma

P.P.S. If this giant tentacle thing and the "god" are references to central banks then they suggest that these institutions are not very transparent for a casual person, and are hard to understand. Makes sense, probably.
St0rmbladeSep 9, 2020 2:21 PM
Jan 21, 2021 7:21 AM

May 2020
Overall, a pretty okay series. It had some good concepts that were unfortunately overwritten by poor writing. The MC is a complete newbie and progresses enough to beat the strongest person in the game in 11 episodes. The world that the story builds is left just vague enough to ensure a coherent story but not enough to answer any actual question. The animation is pretty decent and the CGI is actually good but it is noticeable when they rendered the Midas Bank Avatar (Masakaki ?) in full 3D.

In the end it's a very simplified metaphor for the economic state of the world and the assholes that run it. Or at least that's what I think. 5/10
Feb 6, 2021 2:24 AM
Apr 2020
All of the events happened like freakin "faster than light" speed. And I don't know what to say with the ending.. Open? Complete? Bittersweet? Satisfying? With the future finally regained? How about him? Why does Hanabi didn't remember him?

I kinda didn't like this some sort of anime endings... I'll rate it 7/10. I'm still confused as heck so I'll leave here now. Not worthy of a time thinking of this.
May 5, 2021 11:45 AM
May 2020
The ending was great, but kind of a open ending. So you have to think what's gonna happen to the MC. But otherwise everything like the concept, the characters, the elements all are just too good. Although I agree some things aren't revealed and left unanswered.
And damn that Kimimaro X Mashyu scene is just too good. I almost cried after seeing the whole episode until the end credits part came in. So I'll happily give it solid 9/10. Loved this show.
Nov 11, 2021 8:00 AM
Sep 2021
I'm a little disappointed that masyu doesn't appear during the last scene..... but I think this ending is fine because it leaves a sad impression in the last scene

Also i like the kiss scene that was so sweet and adorable
Apr 12, 2022 11:36 AM
Dec 2021
Good anime. I liked msyu a lot
Aug 21, 2022 11:57 AM
Aug 2022
Where can I read the manga for this anime, please reply if you know.
Feb 2, 2023 5:37 AM

Nov 2022
Erebus25 said:
6/10

so anime depicts economical crisis that happened in the last decade, but instead of doing any kind of serious economical and political insight into it, we get poor excuses for battles
I'm convinced that entire story was made just so the 2 of them can fight in last episode
and wth was with that kiss, isn't she realization of his future daughter as seen few episodes before
its like Marty banging his mom in 1955

Its like creators have some patchy understanding of finances and put this together.

Unfortunately the only 'future' they seem to care and understand is children.

However our future was indeed destroyed but the Financial Crisis or the 2008. I think ultimately we have to fight and destroy the older generations to get it back.
Buy my awesome BDSM male domination book here  https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/1174760

Visit my Discord https://discord.com/channels/1047490147794550844/1047490149161898039 I am not there most of the time but you can leave a message.

Or my blog here https://BDSMAnime.blogspot.com/
Or here https://BDSMAnime18.blogspot.com/

Submit to me and become my subject here https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=88107
Mar 28, 2023 9:02 AM
Mar 2023
I was mad at the end because it ended on a good but not a great note.
But thinking about it now , it was a really good episode.
Apr 10, 2023 1:07 PM

Jan 2021
Fuck me... The one thing he gets is a photo.... REALLY!?
Apr 20, 2023 6:03 PM
Mar 2023
THe ending is so bad on bro.
Aug 29, 2023 5:45 PM

Sep 2020
Ending was way too open to be satisfactory, especially since a follow-up appears to be a lost cause at this point. Don't know why everyone thought Kimimaro was a ghost, he's just in an alternate reality where nobody knows him since he pretty much sacrificed his original life.

So were the puppet masters aliens? Was it all some kind of test for humanity to move past greed and money dependence? Was the whole world just a simulation?

And how did Kimimaro exist in the 1st place? Shouldn't he have disappeared after his dad went "bankrupt", therefore erasing him as his future collateral? (like the Professor's kids)

The show had a rough start but grew on me along the way, but still a lot of questions and confusion. And I don't know what the point of the random insertions of 3D characters when 2D would've been easier.

8 dolla dolla bills /10
"You can't decide the future, but I'm going to re-educate you in the past!" - Erna Kurtz
Apr 10, 1:02 AM
Mar 2023
Reply to toneytigre
Seriously, the show was just full of " wtf?!"

So Mikuni wants to save the present at the cost of the future... but then everyone starts to disappear in the present and has shitty lives.

Maro wants to save the future at, god knows, what cost (someone please explain) and everyone is saved, but Mashu (Maro's supposed future) disappears.

Isn't that just the opposite of what they wanted to accomplish???

Anyways, at least the show got one thing right. Economies of the world are run by doings of a hidden world. "C" is analogous to private central banks around the world in which the share holders dictate policy and enrich themselves with fiat monopoly money. Collapsing economies are brought down due to bad policy that people know little about and even less say in the matters.

I thought this show would reflect on the economic situation of the world today and perhaps be somewhat critical of money systems. Instead I got a bunch of Pokemon styled fighting and little insight on economy and money systems. I kind of felt misled. But the last kiss scene made up for some of my dismay.

OVERALL: 6/10
@toneytigre
"So Mikuni wants to save the present at the cost of the future... but then everyone starts to disappear in the present and has shitty lives.
Maro wants to save the future at, god knows, what cost (someone please explain) and everyone is saved, but Mashu (Maro's supposed future) disappears. ""

Mikuni only want to save HIS SISTER's present. (To put it this way , she has no future..... or at least he believes that.(maybe Masakaki told him that)
He don't really care what happen to other people (or even this country)'s future , he just want to pull everyone and everything into a limbo (instead of a progressing future , he want a "standstill" one) as a way to......literally "put her into a eternity life support."
(Even though in my opinion , what he did is just traded all of HER future to the Midas Bank. She could has a future (I assume) and he just pawn all of it away.)
(He only focus on present , and assume future can only go down hill)

Maro always rushing to the "future" , but never stop and take a look of "present".....always "thinking about the bright future" , but never
live in the present" (TLDR : he don't care have crap the present is , became the future are gonna be better. (blindly believing that))
(Always think the future is a endless uphill , or let me put it this way , even if he never caught into all this mess , and got his degree , later became a public servant (city hall workers....etc) He would still chasing the "future" and live like the way he is before all of this. His persistent on "future" will never end , and he will still "sacrifice" present for future)
(Also , I really doubt how he is able to became sophomore in Economies major? I mean....he clearly know nothing about it at all. At least not someone who had past "Economy 101" level of class.)

Msyu probably just turn back into her "original form" (His "future"......which is not his "present"....it's not the time for her to became part of his life yet.) He will eventually meet her(even if it's not in a form he can recognize) when the time is right.

TLDR :
Mikuni are willing to sacrifice everything and anything rely to be positive future (including others) to save his sister's limbo present. (Without knowing he probably also sacrificed her future too.)
Maro are willing to sacrifice everything and anything rely to present for a "future" (that he blindly believes will only be better and better For. EVERY. F-ing. ONE.)
(Mikuni only cares there is still a bit of food today , and tomorrow is tomorrow's business. Maro don't care if he would starve to dead today , he just believes that "thee will be a bit tomorrow , if that didn't happen , than maybe the day after that , or next day , or next next day.......")
And for Msyu.......she will show up in Maro's life later , in her original , probably unrecognizable form.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Discussion on a general question

akarsh_kumar - Sep 21, 2023

6 by LostInLove »»
Nov 1, 2023 1:04 AM

Poll: » C Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 16, 2011

135 by basskiller »»
Sep 12, 2023 10:55 PM

» As a whole what did you think of this anime?

ZoarialShadow - Jan 19, 2017

19 by Abyhape »»
Jul 12, 2023 6:43 AM

Poll: » C Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - May 12, 2011

116 by GosuDRM »»
Jun 30, 2023 12:37 AM

Poll: » C Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - May 26, 2011

114 by greed2 »»
May 1, 2023 9:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.