Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 16, 2011 1:23 PM

Apr 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
didn't expect those other 2 guys to come and WIN..

ok chapter..

i expect some twist next chapter with that Zeref past..
May 16, 2011 1:28 PM

Feb 2010
What about "The Boy Who Stares at the Sea"? Obviously he's a Fairy Tail member, maybe Cana's brother?? I r confused :(

His outfit resembles Natsu's a lot :/
May 16, 2011 1:32 PM

Apr 2008
May 16, 2011 1:52 PM

Jan 2009
the kids outfit does resembles Natsu's alot, and he does looks macao's son.
But i think it's Zeref as child.
May 16, 2011 1:55 PM

Aug 2009
For some reason I think the one thats going to die is Gildarts
May 16, 2011 2:01 PM

Jan 2008
lol the chap was dam epic if you ask me xD
May 16, 2011 2:04 PM

Oct 2009
SoFarGone said:
For some reason I think the one thats going to die is Gildarts

I disapprove! Gildarts is too much of a badass to just kill off :(. This chapter was epic indeed
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SakataKintoki&sclick=1]
May 16, 2011 2:07 PM

Feb 2010
lol rusty rose get pwned by Bixlow and Fried^^ and the little boy should be zeref as a kid^^
May 16, 2011 2:07 PM

Apr 2009
the boy is obviously Zeref as a child

flashback soon (with lots of twist as expected from this arc lol
May 16, 2011 2:25 PM

Nov 2010
The kid does resemble Zeref, but where's Zeref's Fairy Tail mark then? The Fairy Tail mark is in the same place as Natsu, Left arm, and also his outfit resembles Natsu's .
Natsu before he bleached his hair? LOL
May 16, 2011 2:26 PM

May 2008
I'm so exited right now, I wanna know about the kid and see the conclusion of this war. He obviously has some connections with Natsu, maybe they're siblings or something~
May 16, 2011 2:30 PM

Jul 2009
That double page spread had DBZ all over it...therefore it was epic :P

I guess the little boy is Zeref.
May 16, 2011 2:30 PM

Sep 2007
wow ...
The ending don't look good ...
May 16, 2011 2:33 PM

Dec 2009
the chapter to me was great . I love it .
May 16, 2011 2:49 PM

Dec 2010
Awesome chapter. Can't wait for next week's chapter! The kid at the end was definitely Zeref. I hope the next chapter reveals what his connection with Natsu is.
May 16, 2011 3:08 PM

Dec 2010
Rinji- said:
Natsu before he bleached his hair? LOL

Or Gildarts before he bleached his hair..
“My antics are works of art.” ~ Hermann Fegelein
May 16, 2011 3:10 PM

May 2009
Pretty sweet chapter. Like every week, I'm looking forward to the next.

That kid who reminded me of Natsu and Zeref made me think of the Black Dragon that kicked Gildartz's ass, and if it has a connection with Zeref. Maybe Zeref's source of black magic is from the Black Dragon. At least, that's something that I think might be possible.
May 16, 2011 3:22 PM

Mar 2011
Ha! Just when it looked like Fairy Tail were getting beat BAM reinforcements arrive!

Ah, what a badass chapter!

Want more Gildarts!

Fried and Bixlow seemed pretty a'ight too!
May 16, 2011 3:46 PM
May 2011
What if zeref was acually the orignally the fairy tail member mavis or a friend of the guild. That would explain why he is on the island in the first place
May 16, 2011 4:11 PM

Mar 2008
I suppose this is getting less predictable. I thought Natsu would do his usual Dragon-Slayer-transform on Bluenote, but maybe he'll be waiting for Hades or Zeref. Of course, Laxus is still hanging around.
May 16, 2011 4:21 PM

Aug 2010
It's zeref , he seems to resemble natsu and has been rambling his name ever since we saw him on the island.
May 16, 2011 4:24 PM

Apr 2011
Fried and Bixlow were quite badass in this chapter. Next chapter will hopefully elaborate on Zeref's connection with Natsu.
May 16, 2011 4:46 PM
Mar 2010
Really good chapter, but I hope we actually get to see Azuma and Erza fight. Unfortunatly I feel like after all the other fights end, it'll just cut to a bloodied and battle worn Erza standing over a defeated Azuma, commending him for his skills or something. I hope I'm wrong.
May 16, 2011 5:05 PM

Mar 2011
for some insane reason i was expecting laxus to make an apperance rather than gildartz , not sure why kinda wished we found out about gray though
May 16, 2011 6:17 PM

Aug 2009
Who was that kid in the last page?

http://jedikieth.mybrute.com/ -Fight MyBrute! Be my Pupil!
May 16, 2011 6:17 PM

Jun 2008
Considering the Fairy Tail mark, i think the kid is Mavis the first master of Fairy Tail. The similarity in appearance with Zeref though may well mean that they are the same person.
The again it seems very complicated. What are we talking about, triple personality? Because he seemed afraid of being awakened so i guess he has different personality when he awakes and if he also has Mavis personality somewhere. Oh! well maybe Zeref never was evil and the story got twisted threw the years. So he can be Mavis and Zeref.

Let's see were this goes. Fairy Tail has put the big guns out now, Erza, Giltraz and the Laxus team fighting is one strong force.
May 16, 2011 6:20 PM

Jun 2009
Badass Gildarts is badass.

Wtf happened, why are there multi page threads already here the day it releases? I don't want mah Fairy Tail to turn into another Bleach discussion moshpit.
May 16, 2011 7:53 PM

Sep 2007
Fuck yar Gildarts and Fried. Fried was a total badass with his armor.
May 16, 2011 10:49 PM

Jun 2010
Has Makarov ever mentioned anything about Zeref, cause if that little boy with the FT tattoo is in fact Zeref, well then damn another plot twist.

I guess it could be Gildartz as well, well there is hardly any resemblance in comparison, who knows who it could be, plus still no resolution towards Gray.
May 16, 2011 11:54 PM

Jul 2007
smokes said:

flashback soon (with lots of twist as expected from this arc lol

Or flashforward.

Also:
That "we believed in our victory, we believed in it..." was way too ominous. Something bad is going to happen.
May 17, 2011 12:36 AM

Jul 2007
So glad we got a bit of pace back in this chapter, i suspect the kid is Zeref.. possibly related to Natsu in some way?

Love gildarts, but personally cant wait for Luxus.

One issue i have been wondering on though, the leader of the enemy (The strongest) has just been sitting out doing nothing.. letting them win?
May 17, 2011 1:10 AM

Dec 2009
Gildarts is so cool. And I also think that kid is Zeref. I really wonder what his relationship with Natsu?

May 17, 2011 2:05 AM

Sep 2010
The cover's cute<3
I wonder how Gildartz got to the island so fast. Unless he never left.
Okay, Freed and the other guy. Maybe they never left. Oh, they came back. Shit, so much for my rant. EFF EPIC. Ah~ the Kid looks like Natsu+Macao's son. But he sorta looks like Zeref. In a way... Maybe Zeref = Natsu's father. psshhh. Haha.
May 17, 2011 3:10 AM

Aug 2010
pk2495 said:
. Maybe Zeref = Natsu's father. psshhh. Haha.

Thats not a bad idea actually... Lol.. Though the question is what kind of haircolor Natsu's mom wouldve had... Black + X = Pink?
May 17, 2011 7:09 AM

May 2010
Those is really strong then their appearance !!
May 17, 2011 7:55 AM

Apr 2011
lol Gildarts reminds me of Shanks (One Piece). Both damm strong!^^
May 17, 2011 8:56 AM

Mar 2011
Emiko_Chan said:
pk2495 said:

Thats not a bad idea actually... Lol.. Though the question is what kind of haircolor Natsu's mom wouldve had... Black + X = Pink?

She definitely must of been a serious red head or blondey lol

Fried and bixlow where almost as badass as gildarts in this chapter
May 17, 2011 9:40 AM

Jan 2009
mootjee said:

It's the hair and beard, I think :D

I don't see how Zeref could be directly related to anyone. Isn't he really old?
May 17, 2011 9:46 AM

Jul 2007
Jesuvius said:
mootjee said:

And natsu is more than hundred years old, according to Laxus arc.(that or made out of stone)
May 17, 2011 9:54 AM

Jan 2009
Fai said:
Jesuvius said:
mootjee said:

And natsu is more than hundred years old, according to Laxus arc.(that or made out of stone)

That's not really confirmed though. And we saw him as a young boy and all the other guild members were just as young. So unless he spent like 80 years as a toddler and then started aging at the correct pace, it could be anything.
May 17, 2011 11:09 AM

Jul 2007
Jesuvius said:
Fai said:
Jesuvius said:
mootjee said:

That's not really confirmed though. And we saw him as a young boy and all the other guild members were just as young. So unless he spent like 80 years as a toddler and then started aging at the correct pace, it could be anything.

Thats just a part of the mystery, alongside 777, Zeref knowing natsu, Black Dragon, the real purpose of fairy tail, what makarov actually knows about dragon slayers, what dragon are preparing them for, why their magic sort of guides them to each other, could it be that all magic comes from Zeref, how is lucy's mother connected to all of this(including the all-magic-zeref possibility) and why did lucy's mother die on the same time as dragons disappeared.

Oh and that's just plots connected to main cast that do not make yet any sense and are left mysterious on purpose. Thats without touching what Magic Council is planning for Fairy Tail, fate of Gerard and some other things.

Why is Natsu so old and why it does not fit with timeline can be explained in many ways(like reincarnation or natsu starting to age only after he got dragonslayer magic from dragons)

Emiko_Chan said:
pk2495 said:

I don't know.

That end scene + that ominous line of "we really thought we would win" kind of smells like Final Fantasy 6 level of twist, where we got main characters facing the big bads

I would not be surprised on if this arc is leading to that. I would not be surprised if next arc focuses on

Notice how the message in the end is "carrying the spirit of fairy tail on his back" - maybe by this time he is pretty much the only member of FT?

HECK IF THAT HAPPENS WE MIGHT NOT EVEN KNOW WHO DIES TILL HE GATHERS ALL MEMBERS. AND WE MIGHT NOT LEARN OF URTEAR'S MOTIVES TILL WE MEET GRAY AND HER AGAIN.

Also notice the newspaper in the end panel. The date on it is

To sum up I think we are seeing something similar to this as the end of this arc:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gh43yGal2A&feature=related (heavy spoilers for final fantasy 6)
AhenshihaelMay 17, 2011 12:35 PM
May 17, 2011 12:37 PM

Jan 2009
Fai said:
Jesuvius said:
Fai said:
Jesuvius said:
mootjee said:

Thats just a part of the mystery, alongside 777, Zeref knowing natsu, Black Dragon, the real purpose of fairy tail, what makarov actually knows about dragon slayers, what dragon are preparing them for, why their magic sort of guides them to each other, could it be that all magic comes from Zeref, how is lucy's mother connected to all of this(including the all-magic-zeref possibility) and why did lucy's mother die on the same time as dragons disappeared.

Oh and that's just plots connected to main cast that do not make yet any sense and are left mysterious on purpose. Thats without touching what Magic Council is planning for Fairy Tail, fate of Gerard and some other things.

Why is Natsu so old and why it does not fit with timeline can be explained in many ways(like reincarnation or natsu starting to age only after he got dragonslayer magic from dragons)

Just because there are mysteries left doesn't mean they really are old either. Hence why I said that it's unconfirmed that they are in fact over 100 years.
May 17, 2011 1:02 PM

Feb 2010
-Intense fight between Gildartz and Bluenote. Really like the way Gildartz utilized the earth.
-LOL OMG poor Happy xD
-Bluenote's face somewhat looks like a gorilla's or chimp's (I know random --)
-Wendy trying to carry Grandpa (soooo cute <3)
-OH YEAH. Here comes Fried and Bixlow (Bixlow seems to have a different outfit here).
Speaking of Fried, (with Bixlow's help) he's probably the best person to defeat Rusty Rose (I forgot his name) due to his Rune rule magic.
-Mira's (I think) Evergreen's awake (:
- "Get up. There is no path to redemption for you." = Pretty badass scene
-Is that little Mavis in the end? o.o I was about to say Zeref except he has a Fairy Tail sign on his arm.

mundo said:
Really good chapter, but I hope we actually get to see Azuma and Erza fight.

Same here :/

Monad said:
Considering the Fairy Tail mark, i think the kid is Mavis the first master of Fairy Tail. The similarity in appearance with Zeref though may well mean that they are the same person.
The again it seems very complicated. What are we talking about, triple personality? Because he seemed afraid of being awakened so i guess he has different personality when he awakes and if he also has Mavis personality somewhere. Oh! well maybe Zeref never was evil and the story got twisted threw the years. So he can be Mavis and Zeref.

I initially thought it was Zeref, but I think it could also be Mavis too. Though Zeref being a former FT member is an interesting twist.

Fai said:
Also:
That "we believed in our victory, we believed in it..." was way too ominous. Something bad is going to happen.

When I first read this, I didn't think much of it. But now that you mention it...and now that I re-read it, it does sound like its foreshadowing a bad...premonition.

Fai said:
That end scene + that ominous line of "we really thought we would win" kind of smells like Final Fantasy 6 level of twist, where we got main characters facing the big bads

I would not be surprised on if this arc is leading to that. I would not be surprised if next arc focuses on

Notice how the message in the end is "carrying the spirit of fairy tail on his back" - maybe by this time he is pretty much the only member of FT?

HECK IF THAT HAPPENS WE MIGHT NOT EVEN KNOW WHO DIES TILL HE GATHERS ALL MEMBERS. AND WE MIGHT NOT LEARN OF URTEAR'S MOTIVES TILL WE MEET GRAY AND HER AGAIN.

Wow. That is a quite interesting, complex idea there.
I actually wouldn't mind if this happens. It would probably make FT a more refreshing, unique shounen story (due to the inevitable ominous atmosphere if that were to happen) compared to many other shounens out there.

But I have a feeling that this might not be what Mashima plans to do.
May 17, 2011 1:18 PM

Jul 2007
sallym613 said:
-Intense fight between Gildartz and Bluenote. Really like the way Gildartz utilized the earth.
-LOL OMG poor Happy xD
-Bluenote's face somewhat looks like a gorilla's or chimp's (I know random --)
-Wendy trying to carry Grandpa (soooo cute <3)
-OH YEAH. Here comes Fried and Bixlow (Bixlow seems to have a different outfit here).
Speaking of Fried, (with Bixlow's help) he's probably the best person to defeat Rusty Rose (I forgot his name) due to his Rune rule magic.
-Mira's (I think) Evergreen's awake (:
- "Get up. There is no path to redemption for you." = Pretty badass scene
-Is that little Mavis in the end? o.o I was about to say Zeref except he has a Fairy Tail sign on his arm.

mundo said:
Really good chapter, but I hope we actually get to see Azuma and Erza fight.

Same here :/

Monad said:

I initially thought it was Zeref, but I think it could also be Mavis too. Though Zeref being a former FT member is an interesting twist.

Fai said:
Also:

When I first read this, I didn't think much of it. But now that you mention it...and now that I re-read it, it does sound like its foreshadowing a bad...premonition.

Fai said:

Wow. That is a quite interesting, complex idea there.
I actually wouldn't mind if this happens. It would probably make FT a more refreshing, unique shounen story (due to the inevitable ominous atmosphere if that were to happen) compared to many other shounens out there.

But I have a feeling that this might not be what Mashima plans to do.

WE already have ominous atmosphere.

THIS WHOLE ARC has been told by narrator(Lucy) in past tense ever since the first chapter of this whole arc. We are not going to see the flashback. We just exited a flashback Lucy told(or wrote about to) Romeo, most likely.

This whole arc started with ominous past-tense narration( Lucy's narration was : I did not realize it at that time...But I (would be, was going to, will have been) participating in upcoming events in surprising way...")
AhenshihaelMay 17, 2011 1:27 PM
May 17, 2011 9:36 PM

Feb 2010
Fai said:
THIS WHOLE ARC has been told by narrator(Lucy) in past tense ever since the first chapter of this whole arc. We are not going to see the flashback. We just exited a flashback Lucy told(or wrote about to) Romeo, most likely.

This whole arc started with ominous past-tense narration( Lucy's narration was : I did not realize it at that time...But I (would be, was going to, will have been) participating in upcoming events in surprising way...")

o.o

I think I did remember the bits where Lucy mentioned things in the past tense...but for some reason, I haven't really paid much attention to it. *Sigh* (And I'm usually the type of person that pays close attention to tenses...at least when I edit people's essays --;)

Oh and just to let you know...I'm well aware of that we already have an "ominous" atmosphere already since sometime in this arc (with all the crazy twists and intense battles). I actually meant "an even more ominous premonition coming" instead of just simply "it does sound like its foreshadowing a bad...premonition". I probably made you misunderstand through how I worded it. I apologize about that.

Btw random question: Have you ever thought of writing stories at all? Because you always come up with very good, interesting theories ideas on how plots (particularly in shounen genre) should go in order to make a story more refreshing and intriguing.
sallym613May 17, 2011 9:40 PM
May 18, 2011 10:35 AM

Aug 2010
finally we see gildarts play the hard way :D
wasnt disappointed in him like makarov's xD, but i guess the little boy i natsu as his clothes specially the scarf is so like nasu's and the fairy tail mark on the left arm is the same as natsu's !
great chapter BTW !
May 18, 2011 3:27 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
It's pretty clear that was a "future" scene to me... The entire thing was told in the past anyway. So I guess we get major time skip soon.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
May 22, 2011 5:44 AM

Nov 2009
Badass entrance, but then we get that ending.

It looks like Natsu, but it would make sense if it was somebody else? No idea what story is going to be told in the first place.
Jul 10, 2011 1:47 AM

Oct 2008
Woo.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Sep 6, 2017 6:30 AM

Feb 2013
Freed and Bixlow are back!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 275 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DuroDeMatar - Mar 16, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Apr 25, 6:06 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 268 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BackLashWave - Jan 27, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Apr 23, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 46 Discussion

Cali4nian - Oct 12, 2009

10 by MAYANK22 »»
Apr 21, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 418 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Darklight0303 - Feb 2, 2015

185 by shinytrains »»
Apr 13, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 251 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Sep 17, 2011

81 by aod-kun »»
Apr 6, 5:15 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.