Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 27, 2011 1:43 PM

Aug 2009
dammit, I wanted to see okarin and feiris play yugioh.
Apr 27, 2011 1:44 PM

Oct 2009
I wish Okarin was a bit more grown-up like...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 27, 2011 2:55 PM

May 2009
I'm loving the interactions between Okabe and Kurisu a lot, always fun seeing them argue.

Also this:
AngelicFeces said:
Feyris integrating "nyan" into her speech gives me a boner.
Apr 27, 2011 3:56 PM

Feb 2011
mystik said:
Hououin Kyouma most awesome main character ever. I just love his interactions with everyone especially CHRISTINA and Feyris.

This ^

Gotta love his attitude and demeanor.

Apr 27, 2011 6:34 PM

Aug 2008
LOL!! G-BACK plan! turned out into JIBAKU = self destruct plan XD XD XD XD
Apr 27, 2011 6:37 PM

Jan 2011
I felt as though the ending wasn't that good, but I still liked this episode.
Christina (forgot her real name) is starting to become my favorite character.
"You watch too much."
"I don't watch enough."

Apr 27, 2011 6:56 PM

Feb 2011
Idk about anyone else but im really a fan of Kurisu's style, not what id expect from a genius type

Apr 27, 2011 7:17 PM

Jul 2010
Great episode. need more mad okarin and kurisutina.

prismheart said:
Oh, I never thought they would get the computer that fast. Now some cool things might start happening..

i'm afraid they don't throw it in water before getting it to lab. the way they are holding it. lol .. just like destroying that time machine.
Apr 28, 2011 12:07 AM

Jul 2010
Kurisu's short outburst about her dad at the laundry place felt pretty forced. I liked this episode though. I lol'ed when Okarin busts in the lab yelling emergency only to find a sleeping Daru. xD
Apr 28, 2011 1:10 AM

Apr 2009
Fianl Boss: The Large Hadron Collider.
Apr 28, 2011 5:09 AM

Jul 2010
cguercin said:
Idk about anyone else but im really a fan of Kurisu's style, not what id expect from a genius type

This.
Apr 28, 2011 9:28 AM

Sep 2009
Hmm the person that say a man will need the IBN 5100 might be titor?
LOL they get the IBN 5100 too easily..
Apr 28, 2011 2:15 PM

Oct 2010
Hakochi said:
KURISU- TINA
xDD
gosh, love the way Okarin says that, anyways they got the IBN 5100, so now they can crack the code.
nice, nice yet now I'm curious about how Faris' dad knew someone would need it..
hmmmmm, interesting questions popping about now xD

if you do the math 10 years ago was the year 2000 in which was the year john titor appeared, He probably knew that Okarin would save the world form SERN and traveled back in time and dropped the the computer off.

So far its been my fav this season ^^ 5/5
Apr 28, 2011 2:29 PM
Jul 2010
They got the IBN 5100 easily because someone set them the way. I'm guessing Okarin is Titor. The fact that the IBN was brought there 10 years ago (which coincides with John Titor's appearance in 2000 - that seems to haven't happened in this worldline which is quite wired) makes me think that.

Anyway, no cliffhanger this episode but lots of new questions to look forward to:
Who donated the IBN 5100 to the shrine and said a young man would come to pick it up in 10 years?
What mistake did Makise's father make?
Why did SERN code that database in a language that only the IBN 5100 can interpret?
Who is Amane? (yes, that's been bothering me for a while)

Now add those to the whole lot of questions from last episodes and I'm thrilled to see how this will develop. *eagerly awaiting next week*
Apr 28, 2011 3:35 PM

Nov 2008
So, they finally found the IBN 5100, I'll wait and see what happens next. I really love the interaction between Makise and Rintarou though, its really entertaining. Maybe their relationship will reach the next level. Anyways looking forward to more.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Apr 28, 2011 3:41 PM

Apr 2011
Dusk252 said:
They got the IBN 5100 easily because someone set them the way. I'm guessing Okarin is Titor. The fact that the IBN was brought there 10 years ago (which coincides with John Titor's appearance in 2000 - that seems to haven't happened in this worldline which is quite wired) makes me think that.

But the problem is that John Titor is based off of a hoax in real life, and the hoax was started in America. So I don't think it would be a Japanese person such as Okarin. :S
Apr 28, 2011 8:23 PM

Nov 2010
Something seems out of place i just don't know what, but a well good episode. Kurisu or Christina is probably the only one that actually adds a little more to series in terms of comedy and just makes everything seem better.
Apr 28, 2011 9:19 PM

May 2010
HS really needs tl notes :P

Oh, jibaku, that makes so much more sense now! ahahaha. Man I love this show so much. Poor daru, haha.
Apr 28, 2011 10:52 PM

Sep 2007
Am I the only one that's continuously getting infuriated at the dialogue? It feels like they could omit a lot of the ridiculous banter between the characters for some actual plot instead. I'm going to facepalm if the ending ends up getting rushed because they were too busy making Okabe and Kurisu constantly yelling at each other.
Apr 28, 2011 11:31 PM

Jul 2007
Dusk252 said:

Anyway, no cliffhanger this episode but lots of new questions to look forward to:
Who donated the IBN 5100 to the shrine and said a young man would come to pick it up in 10 years?
What mistake did Makise's father make?
Why did SERN code that database in a language that only the IBN 5100 can interpret?
Who is Amane? (yes, that's been bothering me for a while)

Now add those to the whole lot of questions from last episodes and I'm thrilled to see how this will develop. *eagerly awaiting next week*

Time-travel involvement makes the causalities of these questions not matter, as the causes of those things might not even have happened yet. For all we know its all Okarin's doing in the future.

Wasabi said:
Am I the only one that's continuously getting infuriated at the dialogue? It feels like they could omit a lot of the ridiculous banter between the characters for some actual plot instead. I'm going to facepalm if the ending ends up getting rushed because they were too busy making Okabe and Kurisu constantly yelling at each other.

99% of this series is around the building up characters and their relationships.

DoubleDango said:
They're all so hot, oh my gawd that Kurisu-tina.

I'm loving this so, so much.

John Titor = Organization probably?
Okarin = made sure he got the IBN from the future?

So many possibilities.

Organisation does not Exist. Its part of Okarin's roleplay alongside all other weird stuff he does.

SERN/CERN exists both in the anime and in our world.

dragon132004 said:

Okarin x Kurisu is becoming the the best duo. I haven't seen such duo in ages.

This this this.

The most natural-feeling pairing in the last decade of anime - no "destined couple", no "soulmate" bs, no emphasizing and lots of foe-yay.
Apr 28, 2011 11:54 PM

Sep 2007
Fai said:

Wasabi said:

99% of this series is around the building up characters and their relationships.

Is this coming from someone who has actually played through the VN (and understood it) or is it just another one of your Bleach-like assumptions? Cause honestly, I think this show and all of its character buildup and relationships will do absolutely fine with less "MY NAME DOESN'T HAVE A -TINA IN IT BLAARRRGHGHHHH".
Apr 29, 2011 6:27 AM

Nov 2010
Wasabi said:
Fai said:

Wasabi said:

Is this coming from someone who has actually played through the VN (and understood it) or is it just another one of your Bleach-like assumptions? Cause honestly, I think this show and all of its character buildup and relationships will do absolutely fine with less "MY NAME DOESN'T HAVE A -TINA IN IT BLAARRRGHGHHHH".

They are doing their best job at balancing the sci-fi story, character and comedy. Without comedy the show will be a supposed-to-be-good show about SF but nobody watch it since it doesn't attract normal oriented audience.

But I must agree that they are building the show slowly, although it's already fast compared to what to people who play the VN said.

I have been told many times that the VN change the gear at around 4th or 5th chapter, out of 11-ish chapter, CMIIW. So I expect some people who impatient and just expect the SF to drop this, but I don't care. I know I will enjoy both of the "shadowing but hilarious episode" and the mindfuck episodes.

So, be patient people. Enjoy what you can enjoy right now, try to connect the stories by a ton of foreshadow if you want. But I know, everybody have their own taste.
Apr 29, 2011 9:47 AM

Oct 2010

Godspeed Okarin
Apr 29, 2011 12:28 PM
Nov 2009
Fai said:

Organisation does not Exist. Its part of Okarin's roleplay alongside all other weird stuff he does.

Looks like they've got to you too.
Apr 29, 2011 3:42 PM

May 2010
G-Back plan ;D

in this episode, you will die horribly... *laughs just as shion*
lightness vs. darkness
Nani mo kamo wo hoshigatteita Mayoeru mono no chikai
Mada miru sekai o tsukuridasu koto Kuchi hateteiku
Apr 29, 2011 11:00 PM

Aug 2008
mystik said:
Hououin Kyouma most awesome main character ever. I just love his interactions with everyone especially CHRISTINA and Feyris.

THIS.
Apr 29, 2011 11:03 PM

Oct 2009
@Fai

I hope that's not a spoiler...?

He talks about the Organization because he was told from the future. Is what I thought.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 30, 2011 12:38 AM

Dec 2007
Kurisu was super annoying in this episode. :/ Daddy issues in fiction are a straight line to suckdom.
Apr 30, 2011 4:53 AM

Jul 2009
He did say if he would just participate, that they would tell him. He never mentioned anything about winning.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Apr 30, 2011 7:07 AM

Apr 2009
Wasabi said:

You're not the only one. But I feel the two of us are the only ones. :/

2 min - plot development
3 min - random
3 min - OP + ED
15 min - gratuitous, forced comedy

That's the reason why I'm dropping this show. After this episode I was, like, what the hell did I just watch? The progress they've done could be summarized in two sentences... if you're wordy. The "banter" is cringeworthy and not amusing at all... I'm more interested in the plot. Unfortunately, I don't have time and stamina to suffer through "building relationships".
Apr 30, 2011 7:34 AM

Aug 2009
Nice episode. Pacing was slower in this episode, but dialogs are entertaining to hear. Duturu~

Foreshadows and its reveal is very smoothly flowing. I can see a lot complexity in its plot. I like it.
Apr 30, 2011 9:33 AM

Jul 2010
Dhuaine said:
Wasabi said:

You're not the only one. But I feel the two of us are the only ones. :/

2 min - plot development
3 min - random
3 min - OP + ED
15 min - gratuitous, forced comedy

That's the reason why I'm dropping this show. After this episode I was, like, what the hell did I just watch? The progress they've done could be summarized in two sentences... if you're wordy. The "banter" is cringeworthy and not amusing at all... I'm more interested in the plot. Unfortunately, I don't have time and stamina to suffer through "building relationships".

yes dudes! drop it, we'll be glad to help you to even forget it. (^___________^)
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Apr 30, 2011 10:56 AM

Sep 2010
Spoiler for Chaos;Head ahead
ObinderuMay 1, 2011 2:13 PM
Apr 30, 2011 1:17 PM

Jan 2008
So far, so great! I'm loving every single moment of this, Okarin x Kurisu interaction -for some, forced comedy- is hilarious. Especially Okarin is the best aspect of the show. They know how to create such an uplifting, refreshing protagonist. The plot keeps getting thicker and there are many mysteries to be solved. It's my best show of the spring season.
Apr 30, 2011 7:56 PM

Aug 2008
LOL at Daru's underwear.
Things are coming along nicely, I wonder what Amane meant when she said she's a soldier. I have a bad feeling about her.
May 1, 2011 6:25 AM

Apr 2008
3.5/5, but voted liked... but in terms of words was more of an OK episode to me I guess, although they DID found the IBN 5100 pretty fast, this week's episode seemed to be a bit slow and no cliffhanger :( :p
May 1, 2011 6:58 AM

Feb 2010
I shouldn't have started watching this show, it's only been about 5 mins since I watched this episode and I already can't wait for the next episode, it's killing me. This would have been the perfect show for a marathon.
May 1, 2011 7:03 AM

Jul 2010
Interesting developments! Nice to see they actually got the computer already. Looking forward to them "meeting" Titor and going after that organisation.

May 1, 2011 1:50 PM

Jun 2008
Riga92 said:
Epic quote of the day: "The universe is like Daru - infinitely expanding"

Indeed epic quote. Couldn't stop laughing.

We had some character building in this episode and i think it was nice because the characters were kind of distant. They got the computer so can't wait to see revelations in the next episode.
May 1, 2011 5:33 PM

Sep 2009
It was an entertaining episode, but other than that I'd have to say that it was fairly bland. :U
May 2, 2011 2:05 AM

Aug 2010
Great episode, I'm glad Kurisutina is back, I really like her character. I wonder if Okabe ends up as being John Titor, would be a nice twist. 5/5, can hardly wait for the next part!
May 2, 2011 2:39 AM

Sep 2010
Monad said:
Riga92 said:

Indeed epic quote. Couldn't stop laughing.

We had some character building in this episode and i think it was nice because the characters were kind of distant. They got the computer so can't wait to see revelations in the next episode.

I also couldn't stop laughing. The humor in this show is great.
May 2, 2011 10:40 AM

Jun 2009
Every great group has at least one skeptic. So I guess Makise Kurisu is the skeptic.

Makise Kurisu... she is surprisingly a well-designed female character lead , even if she lacks any moe-kyun. Kurisu is attractive enough for me to ignore her constant frenemy banter with Okarin/HOUOUIN KYOUMA. This episode, the banter was kind of nice at times.

I was afraid we'd never see the Miko shrine priestess once again. Not only did we see Ruka, but he/she entrapped another unaware person into the deadly bait. Okarin probably had to smack himself from laughing at Kurisu like a mad scientist. Other times, he just seems to burst out in random spurts of "MUHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!" These are stylistic choices I definitely appreciate. Investigating the craziest theories of science... requires the craziest minds (and one level-headed character).

Despite episode 4 being a build-up episode, I was entertained. Though I hope we can get down to the crazy scientific stuff next time - I'm eagerly waiting for Okarin's conspiracy theories to come true. Time-travel or bust, I say.

May 2, 2011 8:21 PM
Dec 2008
this show will surely develop into the greatest story ever
May 3, 2011 11:39 AM
Dec 2007
Pretty interesting episode despite the slowness. The mystery part is really well handled.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
May 4, 2011 9:08 PM

Apr 2008
Oosran said:
Panaru said:
Bio said:
I'm still interested in the plot, but I feel like the characters' eroge origins showed through a little strong in this episode. A few too many moe mannerisms for my liking. It's not really interfering with the progression yet, though.
Correct me if I'm wrong but they don't have eroge origins. They have visual novel origins. There's a difference.
It kind of annoys me how people automatically think "eroge" whenever "visual novel" is mentioned.
And for that matter, Steins;Gate is not an eroge, it's a good ol' visual novel. Just sayin'.

Apologies for the mistake, but it's not like my confusion was just because of the visual novel label. I'm aware that not all visual novels are eroge. I've played some of Umineko, myself. In this case, though, my whole complaint was because a lot of the dialogue came across to me as character flags and there's a lot of unnecessary moe elements. I'm left more confused by these elements if the original intent wasn't to titillate.
May 7, 2011 8:23 AM

Sep 2008
I'm really loving the characters and their interactions in this show.

Christiiiiina~

5/5
May 9, 2011 7:30 PM

Apr 2009
I still support Okarin with the trap. :O
May 30, 2011 4:33 PM

Dec 2010
saxophone15 said:

A lot of Kurisu time in this episode. It looks like she's going to stick around now.

I'm looking forward to when "SERN" starts to track them down.

Same here.

Riga92 said:

Yeah, that's more than epic O.O
Jun 23, 2011 9:59 AM

May 2008
The universe is like Daru - infinitely expanding

I, too, loved this statement.

This show knows comedy.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Apr 19, 2011

260 by OmBerry12_Bleach »»
Apr 24, 11:01 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

805 by Nemesis133 »»
Apr 24, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Samu-tan - Apr 3, 2011

550 by Dyphz »»
Apr 17, 12:00 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Sep 13, 2011

1825 by fentphantom »»
Apr 12, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - May 17, 2011

309 by DmtTrean »»
Apr 9, 12:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.