Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 23, 2011 12:35 PM

Jun 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It was pretty interesting to get an idea of just how deliberate Blue Rose's idol packaging was. Surprised that she was actually a high school student, though.

My biggest beef with the show at this point is the way time works. Between liberal application of Kotetsu's time limit and the fact that Blue Rose made it to the oil rig, seems like travel time isn't really being accounted for.
Shameless Blog Plugging: animetics.net
Apr 23, 2011 1:02 PM

Feb 2010
Not a big fan of this episode since Blue Rose is the hero I was least interested in. At least her episode is out of the way now though. Hope we get one about the ninja-anime-guy.

The time limit on their powers bugs me a bit too, but I think their powers had run out before Rose got there. I seem to recall the horned hero guy saying something along those lines. So it doesn't seem like the time limit has been totally forgotten quite yet (though that's kind of a lame power in any case because of the limit. seems way too restricting).
Apr 23, 2011 1:06 PM

Dec 2009
Is it just me, but in that last episode it looked as if Tiger's limit was erm stretching? Not sure how to say it, but didn't Bunny say something on the lines of "Your power is still on" Or something? And even with the limit, it seems like they can use it again after some time.
Still kinda lame I guess. Maybe it changes later, or that's just me.
I was least interested in Blue Rose too, but there's not many girl characters.. so whatever. I prefer guy characters anyway XD heh.
Apr 23, 2011 8:51 PM

Jan 2009
Not as good as the first 3 episodes, still enjoyed it. Blue rose was interesting enough, I guess.
Apr 24, 2011 12:23 AM

Nov 2007
a rather normal episode focused on Blue Rose, she's okay. I still like Tiger the best. everyone is always down on the guy but he has good motives and tries hard. was actually cool seeing a little of Fire Emblem. I want to see more of Rock Bison and Origami Cyclone.
Apr 24, 2011 1:11 AM

Oct 2009
Blue Rose is my favorite after Tiger, so I loved this episode. It's nice to see this from a teenager's point of view, too.

The next episode looks like it could be funny
Apr 24, 2011 5:14 AM

Nov 2007
Actually, their time limits had run out before they saved the guy which is why they had so much trouble picking up that huge pipe.

Anyway, great episode. I'm glad that we've finally learnt more about the other heroes. Hopefully, we'll get a little more on Dragon Kid and the rest of them.

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Apr 24, 2011 5:44 AM

Jan 2008
I'm quite interested in Flame, since he's his own boss. And also, Dragon Kid, who seems to be missing from the group that goes to the gym.
Apr 24, 2011 7:47 AM

Aug 2009
Minako did a great job on Blue Rose.
Apr 24, 2011 9:23 AM

Aug 2009
You know they can make a whole ep of Tiger (Kotetsu) trying to read some English ^_^
Apr 24, 2011 11:12 AM

Aug 2009
Defiantly the weakest episode so far.. Still my favourite show of the season besides Gintama'.
Apr 24, 2011 12:21 PM

May 2009
Yup, definitely the weakest episode so far, but it wasn't bad.

While it's interesting to learn about the backgrounds of the other heroes, what makes this show wonderful is the Tiger x Bunny dynamic. So if there were to be an episode for each of the heroes, that would be, what, 7? For a 20+ episode show, that might be okay, but if this ends being only 12 or 13 episodes, having 7 episodes focusing on side characters would ruin the show.

(Also, I'm not sure if I want to know more about that dude whose catchphrase is "Arigatou! Soushite arigatou!" Then again, maybe I do. Sad, sad man.)
Apr 24, 2011 12:32 PM

Dec 2007
Ms Fanservice gets some character, is still terrible.

I lold hard at her being a high schooler, I was sure that she's Tiger's age so far. : '' And the convenient rowdy drunk in the restaurant, sigh. So contrived. If the next two episodes are not better I think I'm gonna drop it because the characters are not particularly interesting and action sequences are rather weaksauce. :/
Apr 24, 2011 12:35 PM

Mar 2010
i want to know more about that origami ninja dude
Apr 24, 2011 12:39 PM

Nov 2007
"a hero cannot abandon a life while there's still hope!"
"a hero cannot abandon his points while there's still hope!"

LMFAO THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN TIGER & BUNNY ASLFJKHASF. bunny needs to be more honest with himself, seriously. B(

i thought this episode was nice, even though it was pretty much filled with tiger's cheesiness ( which is also nice.... in my opinion anyway LMFAO ) tiger is my favourite character in this show forever. ; 3 ;

Paiguy said:
Hope we get one about the ninja-anime-guy.

this! he's only had 10secs worth of screen time so far. i think he's a samurai though???
Apr 24, 2011 2:23 PM

Jun 2008
Not bad but her story would have been better if she wasn't a teenager. That spoiled it for me because teenagers get too much attention in anime and especially girls. What's wrong having a sexy 25-28 year old? To Japanese animators have an obsession of a girl not being sexy after 20? I really thought she was older and then i get another schoolgirl.
Oh! well the story wasn't that bad and i guess is nice showing the fear that a person has to go threw to do that job. They are still humans and they have fear of there lives. I guess that's why they made her a teenager, because when you are that young you really expect more from future years and you hate even more the thought of losing your life, also their character isn't settle down so it was harder for her to make a strong decision easily.
Apr 24, 2011 3:08 PM

Nov 2008
HAHA I freakin' laughed when Background Hero appears on TV as background character yet again behind Fire Emblem. XDD

Weak episode so far but at least we get to know the story of Blue Rose :D

PS: I want an episode focusing on Dragon Kid and Origami Cyclone plox > w <

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Apr 24, 2011 3:34 PM
Feb 2008
Monad said:
Not bad but her story would have been better if she wasn't a teenager. That spoiled it for me because teenagers get too much attention in anime and especially girls. What's wrong having a sexy 25-28 year old? To Japanese animators have an obsession of a girl not being sexy after 20? I really thought she was older and then i get another schoolgirl.

The studio minds its audience which consists of schoolboys and otakus (and I mean what the Japanese mean with this word). They have the obsession of a girl not being sexy after 20, not the authors.
Apr 24, 2011 4:53 PM

Jan 2011
Baphomet said:
Monad said:

The studio minds its audience which consists of schoolboys and otakus (and I mean what the Japanese mean with this word). They have the obsession of a girl not being sexy after 20, not the authors.

True, usually animators, or who ever does the stories (if it starts in a manga or so) they tend to go by what their editors say, so yeah, maybe the original idea was Blue Rose being a 22 year old, but it got changed ? we may never know (yet that is)
anyways, I kinda liked this episode, it showed something of what the heroes get out of certain watchers
anyways, next ep is Barnaby(Bunny)'s birthday lol yay? xD
DenjaX said:
I want an episode focusing on Dragon Kid and Origami Cyclone plox > w <

me too, OTL I hope they do that soon
Apr 24, 2011 5:32 PM
Mar 2010
So like, what's Rock Bison's power?
Apr 24, 2011 6:10 PM

Jan 2009
so blue rose is a high school student, its still an enjoyable episode, looking forward for the next one
Apr 24, 2011 10:10 PM

Nov 2006
hahaha i love how bad kotetsu is at english
Apr 25, 2011 12:36 AM

May 2010
Not as great as the previous ep but still enjoyable tho.
Tiger's lines never cease to make me laugh. xD
Blue Rose here was ok.
Apr 25, 2011 2:30 AM

Aug 2008
I'm thinking Blue Rose and Origami Cyclone are gonna have their own following by the end of this show. But Tiger's easily my favorite. The episode itself was a lot of sappy, idealistic material. But in this setting it doesn't seem so bad. It actually comes across as pretty cool in comparison to the crushing weight of capitalism and commercialization that smothers this show.

Apr 25, 2011 2:40 AM

Jan 2010
Well Sunrise sure know how to entertain me !
Apr 25, 2011 3:07 AM

Mar 2010
nice epi. the crime on hold catchphrase is getting chessy. those whining about how lame their powers are should understand that ever hero has their own kryptonite. making them infinitely buff would be lamer.
Geso
-----:D
Apr 25, 2011 3:12 AM
Nov 2008
I think every hero will have his screen time episode.
Blue Rose episode was pretty ok though Tiger is still my favorite character....this guy is funny 24/7 lmao..
Apr 25, 2011 8:33 AM

May 2009
lol the origami cyclone is in the backround as always ^_^
anyone else spotted him? :3

he's ...
Apr 25, 2011 8:48 AM

Aug 2009
I thought it was a pretty good episode. Gives you a in sight on Blue Rose's non-hero life.
Might not of been a amazing as the past 3 but I rather have them explain a hero's background instead of not explaining it at all(even then, some of you guys would probably complain that they didn't bother to explain the background of the characters, just sayin').

Looking forward to the next episode. Looks like it'll be quite lulzy.
Apr 25, 2011 11:02 AM
May 2009
Nice ep. The last part however wasn't as good as what the other episodes did. (as far as execution goes) Seemed a bit simplified, but then again this is a show about those morals, so it's ok. The girl is likable.
Her being older wouldn't work that well with this kind of backstory though. You'd think someone in her twenties has her live in better control. She however had typical problems of finding out what you want to do with your live. It's fine. Of course you could always rewrite a complete character and all the plot, but I'm not sure about that. It's fine as it is.
Apr 25, 2011 12:40 PM

Jun 2010
This episode was ok. I am hoping for more Sky High in the future.
Apr 25, 2011 1:21 PM
Jun 2008
Nice episode, pretty mediocre story, but i enjoyed it,

next is the arigatou guy, is gonna be a funny episode i guess
Apr 25, 2011 3:30 PM

Nov 2006
whiteshadowz said:
lol the origami cyclone is in the backround as always ^_^
anyone else spotted him? :3

he's ...
ooh thanks, i missed him!
Apr 25, 2011 3:51 PM
Jan 2011
mystik said:
a rather normal episode focused on Blue Rose, she's okay. I still like Tiger the best. everyone is always down on the guy but he has good motives and tries hard. was actually cool seeing a little of Fire Emblem. I want to see more of Rock Bison and Origami Cyclone.

I agree
Apr 25, 2011 4:57 PM

Jul 2009
Good episode. I like that Blue Rose had to struggle to figure out whether she really wanted to be a Hero or not. Didn't expect her to still be in high school though, but it makes more sense that way I think. She's not a nice voice though :P
Maybe they'll do backstory of every hero? That would be enjoyable. Barnaby's birthday is next episode apparently :P Pretty funny how he and Kotetsu are so alike lol :P
Apr 25, 2011 9:41 PM

Mar 2010
Yukari_Hiwada said:
Minako did a great job on Blue Rose.

I second that. I also like her singing just as much as voice acting ;)

If you have ever played a piano before, you know there's something wrong with this screenshot...
stevewiess01Apr 25, 2011 10:15 PM

Apr 25, 2011 11:09 PM

Apr 2008
This episode somewhat shows the reality of what teenagers are facing =/
not gonna elaborate on that but...

...it disturbs me that it seems like Blue Rose has a thing for Kotetsu D:. cos she reacted like a tsundere to him... only..
And I'm hoping it's just admiration towards a senior hero or seeing him as a father figure. I refuse to see them as OTP ;_; I don't mind if it's with Barnaby though.

MORE T&B Bromance please!!!

Love seeing Bunny-chan finally agreeing with Tiger's ideals in this epi. That proves that he's finally (but gradually) accepting his senpai YAY! \o/
I can't wait for them to have an epic "save the day" moment >.<

Somehow I think Origami Cyclone's special episode would be a bit later in the series, cos he's so damn mysterious. I know we're all curious to know about this weabo and why is he so obsessed about appearing in backgrounds w/o getting any points.
Does anyone play Guilty Gear here? Cos there's another weabo ninja in that game XD
Apr 26, 2011 8:57 AM

May 2010
The second half of this episode could not have been more cliché if they tried; I can't imagine anyone not seeing Blue Rose's appearance coming from a mile away. Probably my least favorite episode so far, although I did enjoy it if only for the fact that it gives us a bit more insight into the universe of T&B. It was also interesting to see Blue Rose get some character development.

I was actually very surprised to discover that Blue Rose was a high school student; during the part where she was studying and walking around with her classmates, I thought it was a flashback or something. Somewhat interesting to note is the use of American currency; when Tiger tips Blue Rose in the bar, he puts down an American dollar bill, and the bettors in the bar were also all using dollars as well (all singles though, not very high stakes...) And Tiger also drops a "You owe me ten bucks!" when Blue Rose comes through at the end.
Apr 26, 2011 12:16 PM

Dec 2008
Kotetsu gets absolutely no respect, but he is by far the best character on this show!! Fire Emblem is second for me. I still don't like Barnaby or his stupid hair.
Apr 27, 2011 1:39 AM

Jan 2010
Eh... not bad, but not quite as good. The anime itself is just a bit ... second rate. Still following it though, and probably will till the end.
Apr 28, 2011 2:58 PM

Nov 2009
They will most likely cycle through the others soon. I can see what they were going for but it wasn't really all that interesting.
Apr 28, 2011 4:06 PM

Sep 2010
Kuiper said:
The second half of this episode could not have been more cliché if they tried; I can't imagine anyone not seeing Blue Rose's appearance coming from a mile away.

Somehow all the clichés work for me in this show. Yes, it's predictable, but the characters' personalities and relationship dynamics keep it fun enough to keep watching. Well, for me anyway. :)

stevewiess01 said:

If you have ever played a piano before, you know there's something wrong with this screenshot...

Good eye! They really cheaped on that one lol! xD;;
Apr 29, 2011 2:34 PM
Jun 2008
This episode was little different as the other 3 but it was still good, this was interesting to see the viewpoint of blue rose on the hero stuff.
Anyway Tiger was great, like always ^^
May 3, 2011 4:09 PM
Dec 2007
Blue Rose is actually a pretty cool character and her story was decently portrayed.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
May 15, 2011 6:04 PM

Aug 2009
It's seems I'm one of the few people who thought this episode was among the better ones. *sigh*, I really like Blue Rose.
Jun 2, 2011 4:32 AM
Jul 2009
Anyone find it strange Karina's parents and teacher knew she was a Hero, whereas with Kotetsu his daughter didn't know?
Jun 2, 2011 12:26 PM

Jan 2011
i0taku said:
Anyone find it strange Karina's parents and teacher knew she was a Hero, whereas with Kotetsu his daughter didn't know?

Thats because blue rose doesn't wear a mask over her eyes! JK I think its dumb that he doesn't tell his daughter if she knew then should would probably be more understanding that he can't go to all her functions.
[center]
Jul 3, 2011 1:23 PM

Oct 2010
nice episode again, and liked the pepsi AD... infact, i'm drinking pepsi max right now XD
Jul 7, 2011 4:37 AM
Oct 2010
She reminded me of Anaru from AnoHana when she's in casual clothes. x_x
Aug 16, 2011 8:01 PM

Feb 2011
Blue Rose is my favorite hero, mostly because I like ice powers (and hot chicks). Sex appeal aside, I do like her design, and the Pepsi logo (which I love, although I don't care much for the drink) helps that.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Monochrome - Apr 2, 2011

147 by DanEndra_Tensei »»
Dec 17, 2023 5:27 AM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Paiguy - Jun 18, 2011

93 by Destroyer31 »»
Sep 4, 2023 8:36 PM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Sep 17, 2011

213 by Ranxomare »»
Feb 2, 2023 1:17 AM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Sep 10, 2011

154 by Ranxomare »»
Feb 2, 2023 12:12 AM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Chalis - Sep 3, 2011

69 by Ranxomare »»
Feb 1, 2023 11:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.