Forum Settings
Forums

I prefer harsh reality in my Slice of Life.

New
Apr 16, 2011 12:49 PM

Jan 2008
Or Long Title: Oh, a bunch of girls in a band who have little to no problems, or make the problems out larger than they are? Or... whatever Lucky Star's plot is? Screw it. Give me Depression in my Slice of Life.

When it comes to Slice and Life, a lot of things are a hit and miss in my experience. For every couple of S&L like Nana or Honey and Clover, there's going to be a million Lucky Stars. And I believe in Japan, Comedy Slice of Life or... Slice of Life that shows a lucky everyday life with few problems like relationship issues are going to be more popular.

Luckily, two anime of this season caught my interest and put love for me back into the Slice of Life genre. AnoHana and Hanasaku Iroha are those two which does show the harsh realities of life.

Yes, I realise AnoHana has one 'supernatural element', but it does show the cast of characters who are still affected by the events that happened. And it comes to show that they all pushed them into different paths, forcing them apart from each other. For that, I enjoyed that.

And Hanasaku Iroha shows a young woman who goes from a city to a village where her Grandmother treats her as a stranger more than her own flesh and blood, forced to work to keep a roof over her head and is just... in a different world entirely. Even on her first day, she manages to piss off one person and no matter what she did, she manage to make it worse. Even in the 'credits', it mentions about 'growing up to face responsibilities', something which she tried to avoid (she mention wanting to put off deciding for her future on which college or Uni... and doesn't take the consequences seriously).

But do I want that kind of thing often? Not really, because it would get tiring. It makes me appreciate the serious 'slice of life' after many other people are on about what I consider to be 'weak comedy in a weak slice of life that does not show enough consequences or harsh realities'.

Slice of Life works much better if you venture beyond School Life and the crappy romance that drowns it.

tl;dr: give me slice of life that does not trick me into "everything going to work out itself"
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 16, 2011 1:09 PM
Jan 2011
Is this a blog?
Wanna read the"To aru majutsu no index" Light novels in English? Go here.
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=To_Aru_Majutsu_no_Index

Apr 16, 2011 1:13 PM

Mar 2010
Welcome to the NHK, go watch it and love it.
¯l_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 16, 2011 1:21 PM

Nov 2008
This is supposed to be a recommendation thread, right? Please put recommendation threads in the correct board in the future.

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?board=16

A mod will move this thread over there this time around, so it's probably better if you don't repost it..

As for recommendations, Koi Kaze is about the harsh reality of a brother-sister incest relationship and how unworkable such a relationship is in real life.

Along similar lines, you may also like Hourou Musuko, which is about the harsh reality of a boy wanting to be a girl and vice-versa, but you may be better off going with the manga for that one. Not that the anime is bad by any means, but the manga apparently covers a lot more material.

While it is never truly harsh, has a school setting and it has a few fantasy elements scattered about, Fuujin Monogatari may also be of interest. Out of the anime you have seen, the tone of Fuujin Monogatari is probably closest to Only Yesterday, but without the focus on memories and adding fantasy elements.
Current FAL Ranking + Previous best::
[
Apr 16, 2011 1:27 PM

Jun 2009
Recommendation threads go in the recommendation forum.

I'm not a big fan of Slice of life, but I'll second NHK.

If you don't mind manga, then there's also Solanin. You'd probably also like Inio's other works too. Goodnight Punpun is excellent although apparently not Slice of life, which is news to me.

Maybe Sing me of Yesterday, as well.
Apr 16, 2011 1:48 PM

Jan 2008
IndexFanboy214 said:
Is this a blog?

Probably. But I want all of you to read it. It's not like I post on this forum all the time anyway.

Also: This is not a Recommendation Thread. I'm not an idiot that I can't tell which subjects I want to put it into a section. The reason I post it in here is not for recommendation, but for discussion. I can research my own anime and what I want to watch.

Instead, I want a sneaky attempt at hating Haruhi, Lucky Star or K-ON.
Apr 16, 2011 1:52 PM
Oct 2010
When you enter the workforce, be there for some years and face every day these harsh realities you so lust for, perhaps you will change your mind about tranquil, bright shows.
Apr 16, 2011 1:58 PM
Jan 2011
Watch clannad then

Apr 16, 2011 1:59 PM

Jan 2008
hentai_proxy said:
When you enter the workforce, be there for some years and face every day these harsh realities you so lust for, perhaps you will change your mind about tranquil, bright shows.

To be fair, I just absolutely hate shows that represent an everyday life, yet try to make every look perky, bright and 'everything going to be fine'. I just dislike them and I had a lot of shit gone in in my life. I'll probably find myself depressed at some point in my life to the point of suicide, but I think happy, perky slice of life will annoy me more.

Now if you make it a extremely good comedy (probably like Level E style), then I'll take interest. But for comedy, I would watch British Comedy. Not Japan's anime comedy nor America's (shitty) comedy.

IndexFanboy214 said:
Watch clannad then

Read my MAL. I already watched Clannad.
Apr 16, 2011 2:05 PM

Aug 2010
Watch perky and depressing, just watch every genre, problem solved.
Apr 16, 2011 2:10 PM

Nov 2010
i don't mind stuff like k-on and lucky star ^^ it's just fun to watch hehe

but i just took a look at your list haha (compatibility very high 80,2%)
and i'm flabbergassed that "Kimi ga Nozomu Eien" isn't on your list :-| it's a romance drama and 100% slice of life god i loved that show hehe.
Apr 16, 2011 2:21 PM

Jun 2009
Awesome, I guess I and everyone who uses the recommendation thread is an idiot because they want others opinions on shows and such.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 16, 2011 2:26 PM

Jan 2010
Well, so you like those types of animes eh? Well, good at least there's something we can agree on anyways.

I looked at your list and noticed you didn't have Myself;Yourself, Kimi ga Nozomu Eine (or its something to that effect) and of course, School Days on your list.

I agree with the one above me, Kimi ga is definately one you do not want to miss.
being said, the other two I mentioned are interesting.

Myself;Yourself while still stationed at school is DEFINATELY not the happy happy type of anime that is custom. Everything isn't candies and chocolate and there's a fair bit of drama.

School Days is well it is well known for its........yea definately might wanna watch this one.
However, it does start out as the classic everything's fine and dandy type of anime but it doesn't stay that way.
Apr 16, 2011 2:44 PM

Oct 2009
I totally agree with you. When I watched Hanasaku Iroha, it was pretty refreshing that all the girls weren't best friends. They all pretty much don't like each other, but of course I'm not expecting that to last for long. Sometimes it's just nice to watch anime where all the character's don't have perfect relationships.

But, I still like the regular SoL/Comedy shows. They're great for just sitting back and enjoying, but sometimes I want more from them. Gakuen Utopia Manabi Straight had a good balance between comedy and drama, I think. Even though most of it was melodramatic, it was still nice to see the characters have actual development and solve problems together.
Apr 16, 2011 2:55 PM

Nov 2008
I just thought it was a recontamination thread because of your tl;dr at the end made it sound as such. But I guess that line was meant for the anime producers, right? Also, blog topics generally get locked. You should try fashioning it into a proper discussion if you want it to stay open.

As for my taste in slice-of-life, I do agree that there needs to be more realistic slice-of-life shows . I'm not sure how many such Asian dramas that would count as such, but as far as anime goes, there's nowhere near enough.

I think AnoHana is ultimately not going to be such an anime. Even though the characters seem to be pretty realistic, the scenario seems to be set up for a happy or heavily romanticized ending.

As for the more light-hearted slice-of-life, they have their place too. In fact, I enjoy good light-hearted slice-of-life anime like Azumanga Daioh, Genshiken and Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru, the key word here being good. A mediocre anime from this category is as likely to be dropped as anything else that is mediocre (example: GA)
Current FAL Ranking + Previous best::
[
Apr 16, 2011 2:57 PM

Nov 2008
hentai_proxy said:

It actually makes me want those tranquil shows more often, all that harsh reality is depressing to me, and I'm hardly ever in the mood for depressing media. I don't want to be reminded of my problems, that's what the tavern is for. Keep it far away.

Apr 16, 2011 4:08 PM

Jun 2009
Hoppy said:
hentai_proxy said:

It actually makes me want those tranquil shows more often, all that harsh reality is depressing to me, and I'm hardly ever in the mood for depressing media. I don't want to be reminded of my problems, that's what the tavern is for. Keep it far away.
Yamazaki and Satou on being meguka:
Apr 16, 2011 4:15 PM

Sep 2009
Yeah I also detest the so-called "slice of life" series that try to paint the world (and life) rose-red. It just pisses me off for some reason.

I have thought often, long and hard about why I like dark and pessimistic stories and I still don't truly know why. I think it is because I know how shitty life really is. I don't want to watch some rich little asshole and his/her friends trying to "get by in life" while I myself am sitting in front of my computer screen trying to drown my own pain by watching shows about people who live a shittier life than I do, I haven't even been able to find many shows like that...

It's really strange though, I should really be trying to escape from this reality instead of forcing myself to remember all those painful memories.

Maybe I am just afraid to forget about it all, forget those precious moments spent with the people I loved, forget about the happy, sad and hard times and forget about the people who are no longer by my side.
Apr 16, 2011 4:57 PM

Jun 2009
NinthJake said:
Yeah I also detest the so-called "slice of life" series that try to paint the world (and life) rose-red. It just pisses me off for some reason.

I have thought often, long and hard about why I like dark and pessimistic stories and I still don't truly know why. I think it is because I know how shitty life really is. I don't want to watch some rich little asshole and his/her friends trying to "get by in life" while I myself am sitting in front of my computer screen trying to drown my own pain by watching shows about people who live a shittier life than I do, I haven't even been able to find many shows like that...

It's really strange though, I should really be trying to escape from this reality instead of forcing myself to remember all those painful memories.

Maybe I am just afraid to forget about it all, forget those precious moments spent with the people I loved, forget about the happy, sad and hard times and forget about the people who are no longer by my side.

That was ridiculously melodramatic and Emo.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 16, 2011 4:58 PM
Jun 2010
Cool story bro.

If you don't like it, don't watch it. What the fuck else do you want from us. Anime is entertainment not a requirement.
Apr 16, 2011 5:00 PM

Dec 2009
What a bunch of asspained faggots in this thread.

OP, watch Bible Black.
Your favorite anime is shit.
Apr 16, 2011 5:12 PM

Jun 2009
fantastic said:

OP, watch Bible Black.
insan3soldiern said:
NinthJake said:

I'm sorry to hear that you aren't enjoying yourselves. Yamazaki, Satou, and I find this thread to be very entertaining.
Apr 16, 2011 6:05 PM

Jun 2009
Bartender. Watch it.
Apr 17, 2011 4:49 AM

Sep 2009
insan3soldiern said:

Everyone gets those moments dude. Deal with it.

Also wtf is up with everyone complaining? This is a fucking forum for discussing anime and views about anime. So the people who have different tastes than you do don't have any right to speak? Grow the fuck up.
Apr 17, 2011 5:01 AM
Nov 2008
Well, I like my SoL to be full of moe school girls.

You wanna fight about it?
Apr 17, 2011 5:21 AM
Apr 2011
I always thought Slice of Life was just an excuse to use comedy with no plot because the author is just too lazy or probably is incompetent and doesn't want to show it because he's embarrassed : He'll probably lose his job and maybe lose his friends who would probably laugh at him because he's just an epic failure in the industry of entertainment. He's probably not smart, stupid and likes to waste his time. He never really is improving himself so he'll end up doing shallow slice of life stories with no value whatsoever. This is a shame because people like him are the reason why the anime industry is dying. This, in my humble opinion, should be considered a severe crime and he should be thrown to jail because people like him are ruining anime for us normal folk. I hope he loses his jobs and friends so that he truly understand how things are suppose to work in this messed up world.
Apr 17, 2011 5:37 AM
Jan 2011
Railgun manga is pretty good for tha SoL.

Apr 17, 2011 7:29 AM

Jun 2009
DonkeyKong said:
I always thought Slice of Life was just an excuse to use comedy with no plot because the author is just too lazy or probably is incompetent and doesn't want to show it because he's embarrassed : He'll probably lose his job and maybe lose his friends who would probably laugh at him because he's just an epic failure in the industry of entertainment. He's probably not smart, stupid and likes to waste his time. He never really is improving himself so he'll end up doing shallow slice of life stories with no value whatsoever. This is a shame because people like him are the reason why the anime industry is dying. This, in my humble opinion, should be considered a severe crime and he should be thrown to jail because people like him are ruining anime for us normal folk. I hope he loses his jobs and friends so that he truly understand how things are suppose to work in this messed up world.

lol you have issues, man. Seriously.
Apr 17, 2011 7:36 AM

Feb 2005
Well, I know my overall enjoyment of K-On skyrocketed once I read Takotsuboya's doujin trilogy. It really kicked in that happy fuwa fuwa time with some bleak realism.

And it really pisses me off no one ever animated any of Asano Inio's works.
Apr 17, 2011 7:39 AM

May 2010
Do I like Nana? Yes. But would I want every Slice of Life anime to be like Nana? No. As much as I like Slice of Life beyond school settings, deep plots and tragic stories, my life needs something like Cromartie and Gokusen.
Apr 17, 2011 8:36 AM

Jan 2008
Hageshiikaze said:
Cool story bro.

Back to 4chan with you. By the way, say 'Hi' to /a/ for me and ask them if they like anime or not.

If you don't like it, don't watch it. What the fuck else do you want from us. Anime is entertainment not a requirement.

HEY. GUESS WHAT? We're using a wonderful invention. I hear it's called a message board, where everyone shares their opinion. Wait? You don't know how to use it? I'll teach you how to use it then.

Make sure to get a rusty fork and I'll tell you which eye to jab out <3

Onibokusu said:
Well, I like my SoL to be full of moe school girls.

You wanna fight about it?

Sure. I'll fight you. My iron deficient girls vs. your moe school girls.
Apr 17, 2011 8:39 AM

Aug 2009
I agree about generally disliking comedy anime, not because it is 'bad' but because it gives the impression of being aimed at kids. Usually I would rather not feel like I am watching a children's cartoon that I watched on saturday morning when I was 13.

As for people who say they want it to escape from the horrible real world, I'm sorry that you feel that way, but not everyone views the world as being 'horrible', nor does everyone see fiction as an 'escape from reality'. Some of us view great entertaining and meaningful stories as an important experience that is itself a part of the reality we live.
Apr 17, 2011 8:48 AM

Jan 2008
fantastic said:

OP, watch Bible Black.

I try to find a story in Bible Black. But all I end up doing is stroking my shaft ;-;.

tizara said:
I agree about generally disliking comedy anime, not because it is 'bad' but because it gives the impression of being aimed at kids. Usually I would rather not feel like I am watching a children's cartoon that I watched on saturday morning when I was 13.

I am actually fine with comedy and I would look forward to any comedy that manage to grab my interest (I am a huge fan of comedy myself). But many comedies in anime tend to end up weak for me, with one exception being Level-E. That's because some key moments did make me laugh and even if it wasn't funny, the story itself is well-told. But then, Level-E is not Slice of Life.

I can't even remember one SoL that made me laugh. As I said, if I want comedy, I would watch comedies made in Britain. That's more to do with "their humour aligned with mine and Japans... is culturally different".

As for people who say they want it to escape from the horrible real world, I'm sorry that you feel that way, but not everyone views the world as being 'horrible', nor does everyone see fiction as an 'escape from reality'. Some of us view great entertaining and meaningful stories as an important experience that is itself a part of the reality we live.

Pretty much. If the show is of high quality and click all the right buttons for me, then it can be whatever it wants. I certainly dislike the notion that "My life is depressed enough, I don't want animes that remind me". I can think of it another way.

If I was depressed as hell and watched a depressing SoL (actually, shows in general from west and east) about a worse scenario, then I'm reminded that not everything is bad in life. Trust me, there are worse things in life. For one, we're not homeless or starving.
Apr 17, 2011 9:08 AM

May 2010
As far as slice of life anime goes, whether if it is a series like Kanon or Kimagure Orange Road, which are slice of life shows I like, my view is that slice of life series don't always have to have moe-looking characters, as long as the series have situations you would see in everyday life(i.e., going to school, work, hanging out with friends, going places, and whatnot). Most slice of life series do go into "harsh reality" territory, with sad things like a couple breaking up or a girl being rejected by a boy she likes, things like that and it isn't sugar-coated. So it's kind of hard to totally escape from reality, considering a lot of slice of life series have scenes of "harsh reality".
Apr 17, 2011 9:21 AM
Jul 2018
Who gives a fuck whether its dark or super light hearted. all i care about is whether its good or not. Welcome to the NHK and Aria are both among my favorites as far as slice of life goes and are about as far apart as two series can get.
Apr 17, 2011 11:29 AM

Sep 2009
I can't blame ya. I do like it when the show(Be it Slice of Life or whatnot) has good drama and portrays "harsh realities". After all, good shows like that tend to help achieve... err... catharsis?

Though I do prefer it when a certain show has both happy and dramatic moments since reality and life in general does have its ups and downs.

Hmm... though, don't most Slice of Life show these realities anyway? Besides K-On!, I don't remember watching any sugar-coated ones.

Also remember, it's "Slice of Life" - "Slice". It takes a part of reality and constructs something around it, whether it be the tragedies or the glories. Just my two cents on that, really.

Apr 17, 2011 11:33 AM

Sep 2010
I'm all for soul-crushingly depressing. In fact it's one of my favourites. Definitely keeping an eye on Iroha this season due to that.

Though I don't particularly mind K-on or Lucky Star. They serve their purpsoe and do it well.

Though Aria is the all-time king of slice of life JUST SAYIN'.
Apr 17, 2011 11:48 AM

Mar 2009
There are exceptions to every rule ( Kamichu!) but I generally can't stand school life/comedy/romance/slice of life shows and find Clannad to be overly hyped sophomoric clap-trap. I find them trite and boring. I want something with some grit, teeth and a psychological twist.

@DrHouse, NinthJake, Ammish, and tizara
THANK YOU!!! My sentiments exactly.

@Onibokusu
LoL!

My thanks to the OP. This is the most interesting, intelligent (with notable exceptions), and entertaining discussion I have read on this site in a long time. . . . and I just added AnoHana and Hanasaku Iroha to my PTW list.

BTW: someone mentioned Bartender. Mostly tranquil but no blushing school kids or strained humor. I find it sophisticated, unique, and as addictive as the cocktails described. I like it a lot. I also find Ristorante Paradiso a little like Bartender if not quite as good.

Titles I have found inline with the OP's topic:
-animeS - The plural of anime is anime. More than one deer is still deer. There is no damn "s".
-epic |ˈepik| noun•a work portraying heroic deeds/adventures covering an long period of time - adjective • heroic/grand in scale or character
Active Military, Prior Service, and Veteran's Anime Club
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=25937&time=1299710079
Apr 17, 2011 11:57 AM

Oct 2010
While I see what the OP means, I don't think a slice of life is actually intended to have necessarily a series of traumatic events happening. The genre tells the everyday lifes of a character or a group of characters, who ultimately can or cannot have interesting changes or story arcs in them. I can like a slice of life show where a character is slowly getting on drugs or has a growing love interest, but don't mind either if there's not any of those elements.

Anyway, the issue with Lucky Star is not that there's not anything interesting happening, or that it's a lighthearted comedy... if anything, it's that the characters in this show are flat and uninteresting. That's why it doesn't work quite well as a representant of the genre, and is more of a bunch of gags and references thrown together a la Family Guy. What obviously needs a slice of life anime is good and appealing characters to develop what it is intended to, no matter if it's the most inoffensive story or the darkest thing on Earth. Hey, Azumanga Daioh is still my favorite series after all, and I expect a lot from the Aria franchise. As well as I'm looking forward to "heavier" stuff like NANA and Welcome To The NHK!.
Apr 17, 2011 2:57 PM
Jul 2018
Also this thread is ridiculously ironic since OP dropped school days which has one of the darkest and "harsh reality" esque endings in a slice of life.
Apr 17, 2011 3:08 PM

Mar 2009
jpem said:
Also this thread is ridiculously ironic since OP dropped school days which has one of the darkest and "harsh reality" esque endings in a slice of life.

I liked it well enough but the OP probably dropped it because it was, in fact, pretty dumb. I mean the warning lights started flashing at the characters pretty early on and, just like a horror movie, they ignored all the signs, portents, and spooky music and kept going full speed ahead into disaster. It really was more "esque" than reality after all. Hey, OP. Why did you drop School Days?
-animeS - The plural of anime is anime. More than one deer is still deer. There is no damn "s".
-epic |ˈepik| noun•a work portraying heroic deeds/adventures covering an long period of time - adjective • heroic/grand in scale or character
Active Military, Prior Service, and Veteran's Anime Club
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=25937&time=1299710079
Apr 17, 2011 3:26 PM
Jul 2018
lisnoire said:
jpem said:

I liked it well enough but the OP probably dropped it because it was, in fact, pretty dumb. I mean the warning lights started flashing at the characters pretty early on and, just like a horror movie, they ignored all the signs, portents, and spooky music and kept going full speed ahead into disaster. It really was more "esque" than reality after all. Hey, OP. Why did you drop School Days?

I can understand WHY he dropped it. the first 11 episodes are shit. its only the ending that is good. i wasn't calling him out for dropping it really, just pointing out the irony.
Apr 17, 2011 3:46 PM

Apr 2010
jpem said:
Who gives a fuck whether its dark or super light hearted. all i care about is whether its good or not. Welcome to the NHK and Aria are both among my favorites as far as slice of life goes and are about as far apart as two series can get.

Agreed, although I didn't like aria.
Apr 17, 2011 5:29 PM
Feb 2010
Wait, I thought "slice of life" basically referred to a genre that is drama... without the drama. So wouldn't harsh slice of life just be drama?
Apr 17, 2011 5:43 PM

Apr 2011
Applepie181 said:

I thought this the moment I read the topic title.
Fuzzy Pickles!
Apr 17, 2011 7:23 PM

Feb 2008
A friend of mine said this the other day:

"I like watching cute girls doing cute stuff in my anime to cure my worn-out soul and old heart."

I think this is why most people enjoy more casual slice of life shows and that's where the anime industry gets most of it's cash. Personally I enjoy more "mature" slice of life shows like Honey and Clover with a dose of reality or shows that combine elements of other genres with slice of life like Aria or Natsume Yuujinchou (yes, I think Natsume Yuujinchou can be qualified as a slice of life show).

Apr 17, 2011 8:12 PM
Apr 2011
Zonvolt said:
Applepie181 said:

I thought this the moment I read the topic title.
Same; Welcome to the NHK is basically a pure mix of "slice of life" and "harsh reality".

Personally I tend to be the same way, preferring darker series, but I don't mind slice of life series that are lighter if they have comedy mixed in with them, like Azumanga Daioh (and the supposedly "male" version of it, Cromartie High School)
Apr 17, 2011 8:43 PM

Nov 2010
isn't it just the problem that we (or who ever it is) put's the lable on those kinda shows... same deal with clannad beeing a harem in a way...
Apr 17, 2011 9:04 PM

Feb 2010
kickthebucket said:
isn't it just the problem that we (or who ever it is) put's the lable on those kinda shows... same deal with clannad beeing a harem in a way...

Meh. I classify Clannad, Air, ect. to be something called "moelodrama."

And for the topic...So-Ra-No-Wo-To...kind of.
Apr 17, 2011 9:34 PM

Sep 2007
Ammish said:
Hageshiikaze said:
Cool story bro.

Back to 4chan with you. By the way, say 'Hi' to /a/ for me and ask them if they like anime or not.

HEY. GUESS WHAT? We're using a wonderful invention. I hear it's called a message board, where everyone shares their opinion. Wait? You don't know how to use it? I'll teach you how to use it then.

Make sure to get a rusty fork and I'll tell you which eye to jab out <3

Here, you seem to be having some trouble figuring out how message boards work yourself. I'd like to refer you to http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=26611

6. Treat your fellow MAL members with respect. Do not insult or harass other members. Insults, harassment, flaming, trolling, baiting or other similar abusive behaviour towards other members of The Forum or hate towards any groups in general will not be tolerated, and forum mods will take appropriate action if they see abusive behavior from any user.

tl;dr- stop being an asshat.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Criticism You Don't Understand. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

50 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
5 minutes ago

» Has anime made you erotophobic?

LenRea - 1 hour ago

9 by LenRea »»
7 minutes ago

» "This was a Masterpiece!!!" sections or moments in shows that aren't that.

APolygons2 - 51 minutes ago

2 by billybub »»
12 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others? ( 1 2 )

WatchTillTandava - Yesterday

63 by WatchTillTandava »»
15 minutes ago

» Do you wish your culture was more represent in anime?

Spunkert - 9 hours ago

21 by DarkShame2 »»
25 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.