Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Mar 4, 2011 1:03 PM

Nov 2009
Usually i will give one pt for fanservice, but i have to say this episode is worth two.

That being said as great as the girls are, i need that other half from the male. Not really worried about the plot at this point.
Mar 4, 2011 1:12 PM

Mar 2010
Ichika is as dumb as ever.. but man, I just wish the dang story would keep moving, the skank driven fanservice is getting stupid.
Mar 4, 2011 1:21 PM

Nov 2010
Paul said:
Char won this episode. Laura being in second.

Thats all i'm doing now, which girl wins which episode.

I didnt even think there was any other reason to watch this show.
Mar 4, 2011 1:32 PM

Oct 2010
If the creator decides to throw away the 'plot' and turn this into a hentai it could be the greatest hentai ever made.

Ran is still the hottest girl.. .Charlotte is a close second.

Meh, I don't even care that there's little plot in the series. I'm enjoying myself watching all the girls in bikinis trying to figure out ways to bang Ichika. All you haters can go die and stick to 'deep' anime. Why would you continue to watch this show only to constantly shit on it?
Mar 4, 2011 1:46 PM

Oct 2010
Wake up and smell the fresh roses I found some nice stitches of Laura (my favorite one and glad I found it since I don’t have any skills in doing those), Chifuyu, Charlotte and Cecilia. Enjoy in the spoiler
and BTW they really screwed with putting the OP as they reveal Laura’s cue swimsuit. That was so not OK with me to put that song because normally I would have preferred if that song was used for a fight between mechs.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Mar 4, 2011 2:35 PM
Feb 2011
Tenchi_Ryu said:

I'll really be pissed if Houki winds up beating charlotte. This is exactly the kind of crap that pissed me off in Shuffle!. Sia was clearly the object of his affection and getting the most screen time, and the background chick comes out of nowhere and wins cause she's the childhood friend. If that happens here I will shun IS.

I agree, I love charlotte, and enjoy all the screen time she gets, but it will ruin it for me if Houki dies beat her, as for Shuffle, I did want Sia in the beginning, But Asa was really grew on me
Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Mar 4, 2011 2:37 PM

Apr 2010
A few things i noticed this episode.

First of didn't Laura's personality change a bit to much since last week?
It's almost like she is a different person.
Also her unit Schwarzer Haze wouldn't a name like Schwarzer Wulf be more appropriate since it's a military unit.

Then there is Houki's sister wasn't it said during the first episode that she was missing and that almost every country was looking for her?
Then why can Houki just call her?
And didn't Houki mention something about disliking her?
Chifuyu also seemed to have had contact with her judging from what she told Houki.

And last there is off course my usual comments on Ichika.
He woke up next to Laura and was complaining about it, my question her is why would you complain when you wake up next to a beautiful girl that's naked and complain about it?
And when will he finally understand what the girls are thinking about him.
I mean Laura clearly stated that she want's to marry him and he still doesn't get it!
Mar 4, 2011 2:39 PM

Sep 2010
i watched the opening and didnt notice >.<, but i only watched it for the music not for the animation.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 4, 2011 2:49 PM

Jan 2011
Monad said:
Again i must declare my amazement at females melting by instantly seeing our blockhead protagonist. How good looking is this bastard suppose to be for making every female acting like a dog in head by seeing him.
Is he wearing some magical hormone perfume?
Hey they pretty much all realized the guy is a complete blockhead and yet they still go crazy. Question to the females reading. Wouldn't a guy that is suck a blockhead turn you off? The guy is pretty close to an idiot.

Let me remind that in the IS world, Ichika is pretty hot apparently. He's even somewhat ripped for his age, and if he suppose to look like his sister and she's hot, he must be too, so it actually DOES make sense girls look at him and melt.
Thats the sad truth with real life, some girls fall for the "cute" idiots, at least Ichika isn't an asshole
Mar 4, 2011 2:57 PM
Jul 2018
Has Houki been shafted from these episodes? Seriously, she has almost disappeared the last few episodes. Well good episode, pretty cute swimsuits (Chifuyu and charlotte are so win), Laura was so likable this episode. Nothing like waking up to a naked girl giving you an arm bar.
Mar 4, 2011 2:57 PM

Apr 2010
Hehe I quite enjoyed this episode... I have no idea why... maybe because I realise this anime barely has plot so I think I don't take anything seriously in the anime...

It's good though... being too serious can become dull over time.
Mar 4, 2011 3:17 PM

Nov 2008
Even for a beach episode I felt like it lacked more ecchiness. Still it had its funny moments. It seems like Charlotte lost some of her appeal now that everyone knows she is a girl, sad actually.
Mar 4, 2011 3:18 PM

Nov 2008
Ichika's brain: "Screw all these girls, I want a mature hot woman like my big sis." >.> I feel bad for all these girls... It would be awesome if Chifuyu will be added in the ED in front of Ichika to make it look like he's chasing her xDD

Damn, I am not faithful enough that I took my eyes away from Charlotte. Sorry Char, I didn't expect that Laura is that small and cute with twintails, sho adorable xDD

BTW, How did Ran do that Hairstyle? I don't think a person can copy that in real life o_O

PS: For all those people who are still complaining about this and still watching are definitely masochists xDD I only watch this for the P.L.O.T.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Mar 4, 2011 3:25 PM

Jul 2010
13man18 said:
NO I WILL NO ACCEPT IT

so he's just a damn pervert huh! XD
well, i still wanna punch him in the face for being so dense...
Mar 4, 2011 5:03 PM

Aug 2009
Gotta love those beach episodes. <3

AND WHERE WAS HOUKI THE ENTIRE TIME. Waaaaah.
Mar 4, 2011 6:31 PM

May 2009
charlotte FTW!
Mar 4, 2011 7:17 PM
Dec 2008
Horrible show and horrible episode. Why do I keep watching this crap?
Mar 4, 2011 7:35 PM

Oct 2010
Infinite Stratos: Char's Counterattack! :D
Mar 4, 2011 7:41 PM
Jan 2010
Laura being clueless and climbing into her wifes bed naked and grappling him naked made me laugh.
Laura is kinda hostile to Rin and Cecilia.
and then she's deredere in the swimsuit which made her look cute.

The first 2 give me hope that she hasn't gone completely submissive towards Ichika
Finnaly Houki gets her IS about time she could actually fight.
Mar 4, 2011 7:47 PM

Jul 2009
Not that bad actually, it was pretty funny and the fanservice wasn't that bad. The swimsuit part was pretty funny (lol Laura and her black rabbit squad? XD). Just don't really like how Laura was all against him and now she's like MAI WAIFU O_O
Still like Charlotte the best, even though I think she looked better as a guy :P It was nice how she's pretty blunt about Ichika being all blunt, and she's helping Laura and them too XD
Chifuyu sister complex FTW? XD
Hmm, so July 7th is Houki's birthday I'm guessing? Looks like she's getting a personal IS as well ...
Mar 4, 2011 8:03 PM

Jul 2010
There's no reason to claim that this series has no plot. Most light novels generally does not have a plot until the fifth or sixth novel, which is what happens in this series. The same thing goes for Toaru no Index as well, there wasn't that much of a general plot until the second season onwards.Also, I have to say that if anyone ruined this series, it is not the producers, but the author of the light novel. Thus far,the anime has followed the original text faithfully.
darthfantaMar 4, 2011 10:15 PM

Mar 4, 2011 8:25 PM

Feb 2008
Pretty useless episode, the only thing that makes it even semi-interesting is charlotte, even then, it's still terrible
Mar 4, 2011 8:54 PM

Mar 2008
Oh my god this episode... completely changed my rankings of who is my favorite girl.

Laura jumped up to number 1 with this episode, I cannot resist a loli twintail girl with an eyepatch.

Charlotte/Lin tie for 2nd with Houki and Cecilia at the bottom.
Mar 4, 2011 8:58 PM

Jul 2010
They ruined Laura, they made her first impression completely hate Ichika and now she's the most lovey dovey of all.

Now they just focusing on the girls wanting to do Ichika >.>

They better have awesome actions scenes to make up for all the unneeded fan service.

And really? They added his own sister into the romance bit? -.-''
You may read this quote , "However, by that point you'll have been torn to pieces."
Mar 4, 2011 9:23 PM

Nov 2010
Laura as a towel mummy... and she was never called cute then she was all out of it...and Char sure like to have Ichika around while she is changing and while he is trying not to think about he so pi came to mind. Never knew that having sun lotion can turn into a erotic thing. And i am stilling wondering what exactly did Ichika buy at that store.
Mar 4, 2011 9:36 PM

Oct 2010
Willowshade said:
I don't get the Char shit with Charlotte. There is nor resemblance at all except maybe the hair style even so not really much. I am sure Char is >>>>>>>>>>Charlotte. Anytime. In fact Charlotte's skills are over -9000 compared to Char. Right?

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Mar 4, 2011 10:02 PM

Nov 2007
Well Laura has taken a total 180 and I think her calling Ichika her wife isn't out of arogance like I once thought but as a total misunderstand of the culture.

Also lol at Laura calling her squad for an emergency and it being about a swimsuit XD

Also I think Ichika's gift is for Houki since I'm thinking her birthday is on the 7th because Chifuyu mentioned her sister might show up then.
Mar 4, 2011 10:24 PM

Feb 2011
LOL How many more girls is Ichika gunna be tango up with?
Mar 4, 2011 11:04 PM

Oct 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
Willowshade said:
I don't get the Char shit with Charlotte. There is nor resemblance at all except maybe the hair style even so not really much. I am sure Char is >>>>>>>>>>Charlotte. Anytime. In fact Charlotte's skills are over -9000 compared to Char. Right?
Her cross-dressing wasn't effective in winning Ichika over at all, let alone 3 times more.
Mar 4, 2011 11:48 PM

Jul 2009
who the hell cares about plot. all the characters look good and charlotte is so!!!
Mar 5, 2011 12:08 AM
Mar 2010
Charles, Charlotte, Char, wtf. What's next, Charizard?
Out of character Laura and an obligatory fanservice episode filled with random, insignificant events such as Lin's drowning. I will let this slide just becuase of Charlotte, although I didn't really like her swimsuit.
Mar 5, 2011 2:30 AM

Jan 2011
The usual fanservice-y beach episode. I still go for Charlotte and Laura was so cute in hers, [Lol'd in the part she had to call back home just to ask for what swimsuit to wear] Cecilia and Rin was irritating as ever. I'd like to see Shinono's perosnal IS in action though
Mar 5, 2011 7:08 AM

Jun 2009
Oh the obligatory beach episode.

I'll give out the best swimsuit to... Orimura-Sensei.

When Ichika called Charlotte "Char" suddenly remembered Char Aznable from Gundam who also has a yellow hair and pretty good at fighting hmmm..

Watched the first scene in episode 1 again just to see what is Houki's IS is capable of.
Mar 5, 2011 8:52 AM

Oct 2009
I am cute... xD

chaelmi said:

PS: houki's big sis, said "your IS is even match for the white one". Is it Ichika's IS or the IS that they were fighting at episode 1?

Probably Ichika's IS
Mar 5, 2011 12:55 PM
Jan 2011
Man, the bikinis were awfully too low wasted
Mar 5, 2011 1:57 PM
May 2009
Nagi- said:
Horrible show and horrible episode. Why do I keep watching this crap?

It's like a cigarette addiction, you know it's bad but you can't stop
AquaHazeMar 6, 2011 6:41 PM
Mar 5, 2011 2:57 PM

Aug 2010
I can't believe they added his sister to the harem why is there always incest. This episode was okay i missed Houcki though she wasn't in it much. I thought Houcki was the main girl they never really showed that
Mar 5, 2011 3:05 PM

Mar 2010
MysticHaze said:
They ruined Laura, they made her first impression completely hate Ichika and now she's the most lovey dovey of all.

Now they just focusing on the girls wanting to do Ichika >.>

They better have awesome actions scenes to make up for all the unneeded fan service.

And really? They added his own sister into the romance bit? -.-''

Exactly my thoughts as well.
They just had to change Laura :l
She was so awesome and cool well not anymore.
Yeah things just got bad to worse.
Ichika is so unpredictable.
He's checking out his own sis like wow.

*face palm*
Mar 5, 2011 7:11 PM

Oct 2008
-Quasar said:

When Ichika called Charlotte "Char" suddenly remembered Char Aznable from Gundam who also has a yellow hair and pretty good at fighting hmmm..

Char = homeworld of the Zerg
Mar 6, 2011 12:36 AM

Jul 2009
The only way to fit in all the girls, might have been by using different cliches, so as to not use the same cliches on different girls.
Good episode , nonetheless
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Mar 6, 2011 2:58 AM
Sep 2009
Laura's dere mode is terrible. Make me unsee it.
Mar 6, 2011 3:03 AM

Sep 2010
Omniknight said:
-Quasar said:

Char = homeworld of the Zerg

its comfirmed that she's an alien and we need to destroy her.
ill call jimmy
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 6, 2011 4:48 PM
Sep 2010
Sigh... why must Laura become like this?! She was an interesting character, why must they turn her into trash?
Mar 7, 2011 4:57 AM

Aug 2010
Poor, poor Houki... her chances of winning are slim to none, and I'm sure she would have been demoted to Lin Yin's and Cecilia's level, if not for her IS. Some focus on her in the last episodes I guess. I'm glad the show is not taking itself seriously, the change in Laura's behavior is...well, let's stick to the neutral word: huge. Charlotte is a good choice, I liker her a lot. 5/5 because it's simple mindless entertainment, and good at that.
Mar 7, 2011 7:09 AM
Feb 2009
WHO THE HECK IS THAT CUTIE ???!!!!!!!

i'm impressed that they can destroy laura's char in just one ep...
well... not that i dont like moe laura, but i tho she suppose to be kuudere...

p.s. the char drawing of this ep is so inconsistent lol...
oblivious is a bliss
Mar 7, 2011 7:32 AM
Nov 2009
hahah fanservice episode .. xD and laura blushing , Lol
Mar 7, 2011 9:33 AM

Feb 2010
is it just me or Laura was really that small??

but still...her design looks like for "pedo(s) only"...xD

and yeah...

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGG

and yeah...for those who still QQ on Ichika being dense...
  • 1. He's like 15 or 16 (at least that bracket)
  • 2. it won't be fun if he wasn't
  • 3. IT'S AN ANIME, SERIOUSLY WAKE UP
sakaMar 8, 2011 12:56 PM
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Mar 7, 2011 3:51 PM

Feb 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
Willowshade said:

I'm pretty sure its more because of the obscure name of "Char" because to Gundam fans, that name SHOULD be ringing QUITE a few bells. Other similarities is that they both have blonde hair, and can beat those with newer mechs.

TL;DR - Obscure nickname, appears only twice(?) outside of the anime, in Gundam and some other thing I can't remember.
Mar 7, 2011 10:38 PM

Dec 2010
Damn Laura looks so much younger with the pony tails and swim suit. I liked her a lot better when she was in bed with Ichika.

Tabane reminds me of Yui from Angel Beats a lot (pink hair, seiyu sounds the same, rather eccentric personality). That spells awesome for me.

Charlotte really looked good in the swimsuit. It fit her very well. She's rght about ichika though - what a thick-headed guy he is!

No advancement in th plot this episode besides the fact Houki is gonna get her own IS. Supposedly, it's as strong as Ichika's (but so far, I don't see how that would be any special).

4/5

Mar 8, 2011 12:25 AM

Nov 2009
Wow, Laura's new character is... surprising, no longer badass ~_~.
Houki didn't get to join in ): & wow ichika.. you notice your sister but not Charlotte?
Charlotte's the only character who's not completely flat and tries to take action, :3
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» Why do people defend Ichika Orimura so much?

Kuronomi-chan - Jan 21, 2023

11 by Gutzdeep42 »»
Feb 10, 5:45 AM

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 24, 2011

164 by Kusanagi_Shouta »»
Dec 28, 2023 9:55 AM

» Ichika’s Denseness

FiddlePie - Aug 28, 2023

17 by that_kool_kid »»
Nov 11, 2023 11:23 PM

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jan 13, 2011

193 by Flaviomoe199 »»
Oct 10, 2023 5:53 PM

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

avrc - Mar 31, 2011

292 by Nerleos »»
Apr 17, 2023 4:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.