Forum Settings
Forums
Black Butler
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 16, 2011 12:42 PM

Oct 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Love the cover :D
Feb 18, 2011 4:34 AM

Dec 2010
So.. there are more zombies. Sebastian will be very busy.
Hmm Resident Evil.
“My antics are works of art.” ~ Hermann Fegelein
Feb 18, 2011 9:44 AM

Apr 2009
DominateOne said:
Love the cover :D

This.

*yawn*
So there's more of them.
Great. Don't really see why anyone should be worried though, Sebastian will take care of that. I'm pretty sure that people will die though, since the zombies seem to have left their coffins.
I certanly hope that this arc will end soon. Right now, I'm only reading it because it all looks pretty.
A whole month of waiting for.. this. Meh :/
deadoptimist said:
Though I think shit-flinging should also have standards - no personal, no behind the scenes.
Feb 18, 2011 12:05 PM

Sep 2010
i really liked this chapter...
though all that was in it was seeing zombies and killing zombies then finding out that there's ten times more in another room -____-'

the only part that i actually found interesting was Sebastian's 'killing of the zombies' dance and Ciel's flashback
that part really peaked my interest though i felt so bad at how horrified he looked when he was watching the blood spill
Feb 18, 2011 12:45 PM
Aug 2009
Sebastian this time was quite scary... he somehow seemed crazy O.o
it will be nice if Sebastian would be mad... because of being a human too long or something. It might be interesting ;P

BTW, I think that even 100 as many zombies wouldn't be a problem for Sebastian, so have no idea why they are so shocked ^^''
Feb 18, 2011 2:08 PM

Jan 2010
Sebastian at his best.

Hopefully all those zombies will give Sebastian and us a lot of fun :D

Feb 18, 2011 2:34 PM

Jul 2010
Good chapter. :)
Sebastian was actually kind of creepy, which was more fun than his usual perfectly annoying self.
I have no idea where this is going though....

Awee Ciel got blood all over his adorable shoes.
:(
Feb 18, 2011 4:26 PM

Aug 2010
It was nice seeing snake in action, he was actually quite helpful and ciel realized that :)
Well..since there are more zombies..and ronald ran off, there is obviously going to be more death, and I thought the worst, like snake might die since his timing was right when they were getting attacked.

I agree with MewCandy, it definitely gott chills seeing Ciel scared of the demon Sebastian is.
Feb 18, 2011 5:36 PM

Mar 2010
Sebastian's dance and Ciel's flashback really gave me chills xD Snake was so cute and he really did sth ^^ And haha nad the best part was Ronald XD He is just hilarious xD
Sorry for my English ^^' If you notice any mistakes, please tell me about it ^^ Thanks for corrections ^^
Feb 18, 2011 8:26 PM

Jun 2008
I'm not sure how I feel about this Zombie Arc yet... I sort of like it, but at the same time, I can't help but compare it to the sheer awesomeness of the Circus Arc :/

Either way, my favorite part was the LOOK on Sebastian's face as he was killing the zombies. I haven't seen a Slasher Smile that good for a while.

Rule of Anime #18 - Law of Hemoglobin Capacity
The human body contains over 12 gallons of blood, sometimes more, under high pressure.
Feb 18, 2011 9:08 PM

Oct 2008
I loved Ciel's flashback too. It was interesting to see Sebastian's demon hands on pages 22/23. At least I think they were Sebastian's hands... Someone please correct if I'm wrong. I'd thought as much but I guess this means Ciel really has seen him in his demon form?

I also loved (and was slightly disturbed by) the scene of Sebastian standing there, with such an innocent smile on his face, in the middle of a huge puddle of blood and surrounded by the dead zombies. It seems like he enjoyed taking care of the zombies. XD

I agree that there being 10 times more zombies shouldn't be a huge big deal because Sebastian can obviously deal with it. Although if they've already gotten loose then I hope Lizzy's family is alright. That would suck for them to be killed off after we've only just been introduced to them.
Feb 18, 2011 11:27 PM

Apr 2009
Really loved the flashback.I get a *general* idea of what happened o him, bit still want to find out muchmore about it! >.<

Interestig to see what caused his flashback, with how sebastinan "went loose" on the a=zombies.

True that the zombies themselves won't be a problem to Sebastian, but on the last page it showed that the coffins were opened, and no zombies were around, so they're probably already loose.
kokocho said:
I loved Ciel's flashback too. It was interesting to see Sebastian's demon hands on pages 22/23. At least I think they were Sebastian's hands... Someone please correct if I'm wrong. I'd thought as much but I guess this means Ciel really has seen him in his demon form?
Yes, I'm very sure he's seen his real form when he first summoned him. And not to long ago, at the end of the previous arc, when sebastian showedhis deamon form to MR. Worsmith, Ciel was in the room. I think his shock was more because of how violent Sebastian got, which reminded Ciel of when he first summoned him.
Feb 19, 2011 1:50 AM

Oct 2008
RulenneClarissa said:
Yes, I'm very sure he's seen his real form when he first summoned him. And not to long ago, at the end of the previous arc, when sebastian showedhis deamon form to MR. Worsmith, Ciel was in the room. I think his shock was more because of how violent Sebastian got, which reminded Ciel of when he first summoned him.

Ah yeah that's right! How could I have forgotten about what Sebastian did to Mr. Wordsmith already? orz
I guess that's a problem with manga that's release monthly. It's sometimes hard to remember what's happened...
Feb 19, 2011 2:22 AM

Dec 2010
The cover <3
Uhh, Snake is so adorable~!
And I somehow love the CielxLizzy scene <3
Feb 19, 2011 6:12 AM
Apr 2009
Creepy chapter. Especially more zombies roaming around *shudder*
Feb 19, 2011 7:08 AM

Nov 2009
What a chilling chapter! I feel more will come from Sebastian's fight/Ciel's flashback in future chapters.

10x??? Zombie massacre is coming I suppose.
Feb 19, 2011 9:06 AM

Apr 2009
InezMaria said:
Sebastian this time was quite scary... he somehow seemed crazy O.o

I liked that.

kokocho said:
Although if they've already gotten loose then I hope Lizzy's family is alright. That would suck for them to be killed off after we've only just been introduced to them.

Yeah, I don't think Lizzy would manage to recover from losing her entire family Oo
I don't think it'll happen though. That would make her more unfortunate than Ciel, come on..

Ellenna said:

Surprisingly, I do too. It was so cute <3
Sebastian's comment made me lol though xD
-
Guess Lizzy's too shocked to comment on Ciel shooting zombies' heads off. I'd like to see her reaction when she calms down a bit.
deadoptimist said:
Though I think shit-flinging should also have standards - no personal, no behind the scenes.
Feb 19, 2011 11:47 AM

May 2010
XD God, keep Lizzy's brother alive.
Nice creepy face, nice Sebastian-humour. He obviously did that huge massacre on purpose, almost as in a "I'm still gonna eat you when this all is done." to Ciel XD.

Ok soo like...why was Ronald there, after all?

Feb 19, 2011 12:04 PM

Nov 2008
Whether they're real zombies or not: brrr, I'm definitely creeped out by them. Zombies were never my thing, after all. And is it just me or is this the goriest chapter we've seen so far since the 'departure' of Madam Red? An interesting change for sure.

And here I was afraid this was going to be another 'mystery arc' where Ciel simply finds himself in a situation again, only to have Sebastian save the day and find the solution, so I was pleasantly surprised to see that sudden flashback, it may or may not be a hint at some sort of closure, or will they be trapped into this chain of events for what may seem like forever?
Feb 19, 2011 12:32 PM

Dec 2009
kokocho said:
I also loved (and was slightly disturbed by) the scene of Sebastian standing there, with such an innocent smile on his face, in the middle of a huge puddle of blood and surrounded by the dead zombies.
This.

Honestly, my favourite part of this chapter was Sebastian's 'dance' and Ciel's reactions--especially the part w/ the blood-stained hands & the remark about Sebastian not killing them 'more elegantly.' I also thought the bit where Ciel made a sort of distinction between himself as 'Ciel' and himself as 'The Earl Phantomhive' was interesting.

And..I really like Snake. (Though it was slightly jarring for me when Snake called Ciel 'Smile.')

But...Overall, I'm not really liking this arc much thus far. I'm still hoping for a satisfying explanation for all this zombie nonsense.
~Heart & Thoughts With Japan~

Feb 19, 2011 5:16 PM

Apr 2009
WaitWhatWhen said:
Ok soo like...why was Ronald there, after all?
Guess people are gonna die? Oo
Like, people - not zombies.

OnyxEyes3 said:
But...Overall, I'm not really liking this arc much thus far. I'm still hoping for a satisfying explanation for all this zombie nonsense.
This.
GothicQueen said:

Yeah, or not.
This is supposed to be the answer to that question, right? Oo
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/kuroshitsuji/v09/c053/12.html

edit: merged posts
desolatoFeb 20, 2011 9:48 AM
deadoptimist said:
Feb 19, 2011 5:21 PM

Apr 2009
GothicQueen said:

Yeah, or not.
This is supposed to be the answer to that question, right? Oo
:
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/kuroshitsuji/v09/c053/12.html
deadoptimist said:
Feb 19, 2011 7:03 PM
Aug 2008
did anyone else laugh when he said "10 times as many!" cuz i was like "LOL screwed. :D"
Feb 19, 2011 7:59 PM

Nov 2008
It was a short chapter but it had a lot of action. I knew that Snake would be of help but it fell short of my expectations.

It seems like the zombies will likely kill all the other passengers which is the reason why the other death god left.

I hope that next month's chapter will be longer than this one, I'll be looking forward to it.
Feb 19, 2011 8:45 PM

Apr 2009
Snake was a cute and slightly helpful, I loved how "Oscar" called him Smile and not Ciel.
& Seeing Sebastian look more like himself, as a demon I mean, was a nice and chilling reminder, of how normal he really acts for everyone.
interesting chapter, can't wait to see how it ties in everything... if it does ;)
Feb 19, 2011 11:30 PM

Aug 2010
maybe ronald was there to claim the souls of the people who the zombies killed?
I really really love snake even more now

Feb 23, 2011 3:18 AM

Apr 2009
Mewcandy said:
My favorite part of this was Sebastian killing the zombies and Ciel's flashback. Hands down. It gave me mini-chills.

It's nice to be reminded that Sebastian is an actual demon with bloodlust and such and it looks like Yana is finally tying back the original plot (I sure hope so).

Other than that the zombies were okay, Snake was adorable as usual and Ronald just up and driving away on him lawn mower cracked me up XD

Ellenna said:

this, this, THIS <3
I just can't wait to another chapter. it's going to be even more awesome!
ohohoho~~
Mar 6, 2011 7:02 AM

Nov 2009
Ciel x Lizzy.
Sebastian's dance.
Snake.

I thought this was a good chapter. I don't mind zombies at all XD
Mar 7, 2011 6:05 PM

Jan 2011
CallMeYourLover said:
did anyone else laugh when he said "10 times as many!" cuz i was like "LOL screwed. :D"

TOTALLY. xDD
Mar 17, 2011 5:54 PM
Sep 2010
So I finally caught up with the manga and the zombie arc is getting pretty interesting. I don't think Sebastian is going to have have an easy clean up with these guys, it will make the arc boring. I'm wondering what Yana has under his sleeve.
Uploader53
Mar 23, 2011 4:32 PM

Apr 2009
Awww Snake. :)

I wonder why Ciel is suddenly horrified by Sebastian's actions. I thought he used to be so cold no matter what Sebastian did?
Apr 17, 2011 4:03 AM

Apr 2009
stickymochi said:
I wonder why Ciel is suddenly horrified by Sebastian's actions. I thought he used to be so cold no matter what Sebastian did?
It's true that Sebastians methods tend to be cruel, but then neither did Ciel witness many of them personally. Here, not only is Ciel seeing everything, it's also pretty much manslaughter, even if they're zombies. It's a lot of violence to take in, and if you remember back to the conclusion of the circus arc, the extreme violence triggered Ciel's memories of when he himself was kidnapped. This could be a trigger as well.

desolato said:
And here I was afraid this was going to be another 'mystery arc' where Ciel simply finds himself in a situation again, only to have Sebastian save the day and find the solution, so I was pleasantly surprised to see that sudden flashback, it may or may not be a hint at some sort of closure, or will they be trapped into this chain of events for what may seem like forever?
now that you mention it, it makes me think... with the flashback... if maybe Phoenix is somehow related to the occult group Ciel was taken by... it would certainly be an interesting turn of events...
May 19, 2011 3:57 AM

Feb 2010
Titanic reference lol XD

Nice chapter!
Sep 27, 2012 3:13 PM
Mar 2010
Ciel watching the massacre that Sebastian created actually seemed nostalgic to me. I know that the general consensus was that Ciel seemed scared of him, but to me, I think Ciel was just remembering the terror of that fateful night. Seeing Sebastian (his saviour although being a bloodied demon) quickly brought him back to reality because he knew he was safe.

Somehow, even though this arc is at a slower pace than the previous (mind-blowingly awesome) arcs, I think it's going to deal with Ciel's mind-frame instead of him being hunted or becoming the hunter. Hopefully, more Ciel-mental-breakdowns are coming.

On to the next chapter! -->
Sep 18, 2014 1:54 AM

Dec 2012
Ten times as many, c'mon dammit -_-
Nov 6, 2014 10:53 AM

Oct 2014
Now that was some creepy shit xD 10 times as many?! Duuude! But I guess Sebby+Knox=win :3
Jan 11, 2017 12:36 PM
Apr 2016
Okay there's something I don't understand. Why did they use electricity to awaken the first zombie girl, when apparently they'll just wake up by themselves? What made the new zombies "come to life"??
Feb 15, 2017 7:36 AM

Jan 2016
Damn Sebastian brutally rekt all those corpses

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuro Shitsuji Chapter 5 Discussion

zq - Jul 7, 2008

23 by Emmuhzx »»
Apr 23, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Chapter 211 Discussion

TheMangaManiac - Apr 18

1 by calzonepocket »»
Apr 18, 5:54 AM

» a small disscussion on how you feel about black buttler?

Hydroalbidius - Mar 17

3 by Hydroalbidius »»
Apr 17, 5:28 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Chapter 36 Discussion

Jellyfish13 - Aug 20, 2009

29 by Embient »»
Apr 13, 4:25 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Chapter 210 Discussion

EfiChan - Mar 20

4 by EfiChan »»
Mar 27, 5:34 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.