Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 12, 2011 2:12 AM

Dec 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
wow. I didn't imagine that the voice actor of Rana Linchen can do such great voices ^^
Seimon Hakkyokuken Kuuga (正門八極拳秘儀 空牙) and Seimon Hakkyokuken Dagekijyutsu Enga (正門八極拳近距離打撃術 炎牙) were awesome.
Kanade-chanFeb 12, 2011 2:17 AM
Feb 12, 2011 2:49 AM

Jul 2010
infighting is far from over.
this show should be called infighting stratos

btw, what are third grader boys at this school doing without partner?
are they fighting together them sisters who became a university student?
Feb 12, 2011 6:11 AM

May 2009
Why are they still fighting among each other? It would be more interesting to see them fight Nova...
Feb 12, 2011 7:20 AM

Feb 2011
aww..Rana is so cute <3, if I were Aoi, I might as well go with her than satellizer!
<!--link--><a href="http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/AZ4L&sclick=1">

Please if anyone knows anything about the Pretty Rhythm Aurora Dream manga volumes (where I can buy them) please let me know!!
Feb 12, 2011 8:30 AM
Dec 2010
was anyone else cheering for Bridget over Rana during the fight?
I think the Manga did a better job at this fight, but meh, still good.
Feb 12, 2011 9:07 AM

Mar 2008
stAtic91 said:
Why are they still fighting among each other? It would be more interesting to see them fight Nova...

The anime is going exactly as in the manga. This is VERY early on in the manga, basically it's just explaining the environment they're in at school. There will be many arcs in the future about real Nova battle...and they're blood...

On another note, I'm quite happy with the adaptation thus far (except the lack of background for Ingrid's story). At this rate, a season 2 will be needed for sure (assuming they can cover up to the mid 20s chapter to wrap up this season).
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 12, 2011 9:58 AM

Jun 2009
It'll take a while to see them fighting Nova, but it will be awesome if they'll do it right. I don't like this part of anime, nor i did with manga, the fights amongs students always seemed pointless/stupid to me, and next fights is one of dumbest ones. Not really looking forward to next episode.

Also, can't wait to see Elizabeth. : D
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Feb 12, 2011 10:40 AM

Nov 2010
There still will be a lot more fighting scenes between students until the last couple eps, with tons of more ecchi =3
QueueQFeb 12, 2011 10:31 PM
Feb 12, 2011 10:53 AM

Sep 2009
Well that was an interesting episode. o: I liked how there seemed to be less naked shots. xD The preview looks intense though. I'm guessing that that's what has me so drawn to this series. Those confusing previews.
Feb 12, 2011 11:00 AM

Jan 2010
Well, this was probably the most decent episode of the series. Nothing great mind you but after lowering my score each episode for the past three, I actually increased it this time. It's still bad overall but this episode wasn't the incoherent messes that the past few were.

I'm disappointed in Rana. In her previous actions, she seemed above all the pettiness that this school has to offer. But it didn't take much for Attia to provoke her. As for Bridget, at least she's starting to act like a human being instead of an ice box.
Feb 12, 2011 12:09 PM

Jul 2009
omg rana's voice reminds me of Touko from the book eating movie, i love this actress' voice!
Feb 12, 2011 12:27 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
kaminakun said:
stAtic91 said:

The anime is going exactly as in the manga. This is VERY early on in the manga, basically it's just explaining the environment they're in at school. There will be many arcs in the future about real Nova battle...and they're blood...

Not really, they were still fighting themselves when the Nova appeared. So far in the manga, the Nova haven't shown much fighting except that they are uber strong and appear with increasing frequency....

And now in current Alaska arc... MORE internal fighting (albeit for research purpose now). Novas are boring anyway, who wants to fight them :/
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Feb 12, 2011 12:55 PM
Jan 2011
Ok ,so do you guys think that Satellizer and Rana will pair up against the 3 bitches or will it be just Satellizer alone against the 3 bitches?
Feb 12, 2011 1:16 PM

Jun 2010
I liked the episode and I didn't mind the changes compared to the manga. But of course, Satellizer>Rana.

stAtic91 said:

Like kaminakun said, the first volumes, (Volumes 1 - 4) are about fights between the Pandora. And basically, everyone against Satellizer. In volumes 5 - 6 is where the real arc begins, but it does not last that much.

A season 2 is needed, indeed. I mean... Ikkitousen that is purely fanservice had 4 seasons, so why not Freezing too?
Feb 12, 2011 1:34 PM

Apr 2010
Rana is different from what i expected she is very strait forward and knows what she wants something you don't expect from someone who lived her whole life in a temple.
Bridgette asking Aoi to call her be her first name without honorifics suggests she really likes him.

Athea was up to her old tricks again this time trying to use Rana to her advantage.
And now coming out with her friends to fight both Rana and Bridgette the question is why are they going after them both?
Are they that afraid about there strength, are they so concerned with there position on the school's ranking list?
Should they not be happy that they have some strong people they can rely on during a Nova attack?
I mean they have a common enemy and they should be ally's yet there fighting more amongst them selves then that there fighting the enemy.

And we know now Athea is from Romania, it makes me happy to see that it's a original location.
I have to say tho that Athea doesn't do the name of Romania justice tho, judged on the name Romania has in the media and popular culture.
Feb 12, 2011 2:07 PM

Mar 2010
The fight was way better than i thought, that kid sure is a lucky guy, still stella and satellizer were both held back so it no wonder they are ahead of a lot of girls

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 12, 2011 2:45 PM

Jun 2008
kaminakun said:

On another note, I'm quite happy with the adaptation thus far (except the lack of background for Ingrid's story). At this rate, a season 2 will be needed for sure (assuming they can cover up to the mid 20s chapter to wrap up this season).

You are happy with this adaptation? This must be one of the shittiest adaptations i ever saw. Cheap art and bad direction not to mention taking out the passion and impact of every scene. It certainly doesn't take much to please you.

OrochiPL said:
It'll take a while to see them fighting Nova, but it will be awesome if they'll do it right. I don't like this part of anime, nor i did with manga, the fights amongs students always seemed pointless/stupid to me, and next fights is one of dumbest ones. Not really looking forward to next episode.

Also, can't wait to see Elizabeth. : D

I doubt if even the nova fights will be awesome in anime form. This fight was quite good in the manga but in the anime it was made in fast forward like they were in a hurry to finish it before the episode ends and not showing very well how they used their techniques. Actually both fights were fastened while the scene with Rana shaking her ass and sticking to Kazua trying to make him call only by her small name was a nice long extended scene.
Obviously the makers of this anime have their priorities wrong.

As for the school battles (although the mangaka avoided that one in the time sequence of the events of last episode). I guess they are used at first as a way for Bridget to rise her fighting level before she encounters Nova.

Anyway not bad in general, God knows they made worst episodes than this but disappointing in how much better it could be if they cared even a little. Maybe they don't want to make a good anime for a manga coming from a Korean guy.

Btw couldn't stop laughing when Kazuya first teleported his hearing in listening to the girls talking outside while he was on the corridor of the dorm and then immediately teleported his whole body so he can ask them. Who said he can use only freezing? Obviously the guy has more awesome abilities.

Bridget getting-up and looking fresh and fine after taking that big hit was also a nice funny moment, but who cares just animate the shit quickly so we can go home. Oh! yeah and the metal hand-protectors that destroy clothes like a blade was another inspirational diamond from the awesome director of this show.

I can but only suggest to everyone to read the manga. At this point the manga started getting good but the anime is still shit. And no am not telling it under the usual comment of "the manga is better" that we have from every manga reader in an anime adaptation conversation. I'm telling it because the thing is massively worse, we are talking about huge huge huge difference.
Feb 12, 2011 2:54 PM
Feb 2010
Fasces349 said:

I was. Rana bothered the crap out of me this episode. I wished Bridget could have cut her up some more.
Feb 12, 2011 3:35 PM

Apr 2010
They definitely require a season 2. Compared to the manga there is far less covered in regards to the background behind the characters especially Bridgette. Hoping season 2 will get more into that. Rana is hot though :p
Feb 12, 2011 3:38 PM

Nov 2008
a lot of bullies :/ They should die. I wonder how their parents raised them. I won't be surprised if West Genetics will lose during Nova since they kill each other.

I just realized that Kana is Rana's seiyuu xDD

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Feb 12, 2011 3:50 PM

Aug 2010
im loving this anime. I know its pretty echi but this is some great fan service =) sempai so hawt =).

ran reminds me of brawler from DFO.
Currently Watching: Durarara!!
Feb 12, 2011 4:11 PM

Aug 2010
Wow gloves and boots thats so badass! That was a pretty good fight with burning fang and double accels
Feb 12, 2011 5:13 PM

Feb 2011
Rana has a gloves/boots setup that she uses pretty well. Her fight with Ganessa(?) shows she knows how to fight well. Athea seems pretty frightened by those two towards the end of the fight and with good reason. The next episode seems like the ones before it, fights between pandoras. If the manga is like this (which from the thread it seems it is) then I don't mind that that's what we've seen so far.
Feb 12, 2011 5:51 PM

Feb 2010
aside from the fight at the end.... this was so awesomely bad...

The preview for next episode looks better...
Feb 12, 2011 5:52 PM

Sep 2008
If the battle continued, Mamiko Noto would have won.
Why do situations escalate to absurd fights when females are the dominant sex?
Or is it all for entertainment as we like watching them fight strip each others clothes off?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 12, 2011 6:52 PM

Dec 2008
Fasces349 said:

I was hoping for Satellizer to beat the shit out of Rana. I thought Rana was going to be a refreshing addition, but she annoyed the hell out of me in this episode. The only thing I like about Rana now is that she is a melee fighter.

Satellizer is the only girl in this show that has managed to not work my nerves! Everyone else is either extremely annoying, talk way too much shit, or just too damned evil.
Feb 12, 2011 8:57 PM
Apr 2010
That fight was actually better than most from the rest of the anime IMO.
Feb 12, 2011 9:00 PM

Jan 2011
Damn, Kazuya is strong....If Rana was all in my face rubbing my dick and titties on my chest...Bridgette might have lost me as her partner right then and there :p Like seriously, I would have fucked her in public in that cafeteria.

But with his powers, couldn't he just unofficially have 2 partners? Has the manga at least hinted to him possibly doing this in the future?
Feb 12, 2011 9:08 PM

Jul 2008
Tenchi_Ryu said:
Damn, Kazuya is strong....If Rana was all in my face rubbing my dick and titties on my chest...Bridgette might have lost me as her partner right then and there :p Like seriously, I would have fucked her in public in that cafeteria.

Admittedly, I would have done the same. LOL
Feb 12, 2011 9:16 PM

Oct 2010
Finally after the complete computer crash, I was finally able to see this. Excellent adaptation, Rana defineely shined far better than in the manga like I expected and her fan service did not disappoint although to really like it in the spoiler you had to freaken
pause the damn video, oh well, not the first time it happens. What I really think they got perfect was Rana’s tease unto Kazuya,

it was perfect! I liked it more than in the manga. I will elaborate and apart from that they showed Simmons cough bitch cough really well why she is one. They did a good background of Bridgette’s pulping a partner boy and Rana’s powers.

About Rana, my first impression of her in the uniform was that she looks better I find. She teased Bridgette so bad by going to sit next to her with a wink. Indeed she is the only girl who wears these kinds of panties, which I recall being fudonshi, typical what some martial artists wear, yeah even guys apparently last I remember in some animes. Rana’s fight with Ganessa was plenty of fan service of Genessa and Rana although that was annoying due to pausing, went by too fast still. Rana’s martial arts proved not only in avoiding Genessa’s chains by some sheer luck but also speed with a splendid kick, which did surprise Ganessa in overall. Rana’s tease of Kazuya was quite bold by her putting a leg close to his thing and the famous breast press. They do look cute together when blushing. until it was a O_O at Bridgette catching them like that. That certainly did not stop Rana from pushing it on. That’s bold of her. Rana’s gullible kindness was too easy for Simmons to take advantage of and turn her into quite a serious angry look. I find it they did that really well.

Comes more guts of Rana by of all things waiting for Bridgette to finish her shower only to find her after it alone on the chair. Her fight with Bridgette’s was very well done. Extremely pleased with that fight. From Rana giving a fast one on Bridgette and getting back a nasty one from Bridgette. Best was her powers and wings spreading it was very beautifully done., way better than in the manga. You could pretty much marvel at a monk’s powers with Rana as she can put herself in a position to know where you might strike and counter you, a classic last I remember fro RPGs when you take the monk class and those glowing fists, typical but cool. That’s apart from a kind of Ryu hadouken that blew Bridgette. At the end Rana’s special super can KO anyone, except of course Bridgette and that I understand but as to why would be a spoiler. Well done on Rana and fan service wise of her.
Rest in spoiler

About Athea Simmons, I really got to explain now why the fuck this shit ass girl is completely a bitch now. Let’s see, manipulating Rana around and with that face it was way to obvious to see she is scheming. I just feel guilty of TBH about liking certain of her specs in the spoiler
being perfect for sizes IMO and her hobby of board games along with her weak spot, the head. Patting can be fun sometimes but more towards some girls like Louise from Zero no Tsukaima. Moving along Simmons’s nasty face sure does not lie about things going her way in Rana/Bridgette’s fight although she was surprised about Bridgette’s evolvement. By the end Simmons being with her goons, precisely because she is manipulating bitch is why I feared would happened at my first manga reading of this series, guess I was right at not liking her other than her specs. What really ticks me off is that she does nothing but setups, come and fight girl, it will be a pleasure to see your ass being kicked! ROFL!

About preview, oh great more Simmons’s faces but wait she get angry at one point. Well I will only say this as a manga reader, better be amazing fight next episode. I want lots of action and blood with probably the clothing tearing fan service but of Creo it’s going to be extra fun. Colored girls are always nice to see fan service of. This week's art is pretty cute of Bridgette teases Rana with Kazuhya being well you know in the spoiler
Yumekichi11Feb 12, 2011 9:30 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Feb 12, 2011 9:21 PM

Aug 2010
HawthorneKitty said:
Or is it all for entertainment as we like watching them fight strip each others clothes off?

That's all that matters. Who cares if there is point to their fighting as long as clothes are coming off?

I liked how Kazuya didn't sit back like some puss and told Rana straight up that he picked Sattellizer.
Feb 12, 2011 9:33 PM

Oct 2010
HawthorneKitty said:
If the battle continued, Mamiko Noto would have won.
Why do situations escalate to absurd fights when females are the dominant sex?
Yeah it's kind of like that with the extra ecchi I would have to say as IMO.
Villetta_Nu said:
Fasces349 said:
I was hoping for Satellizer to beat the shit out of Rana. I thought Rana was going to be a refreshing addition, but she annoyed the hell out of me in this episode. The only thing I like about Rana now is that she is a melee fighter.
In me there is that melee fighter appreciation but also her voice and enthusiasm are also.
entropy13 said:
Tenchi_Ryu said:
Admittedly, I would have done the same. LOL
Hard to deny that one guys but Kazuya is too infatuated with his dick about his sister although not really but it's hard to deny it after him thinking all the time about her. You think he had a sister complex by chance?

Feb 12, 2011 9:45 PM

Nov 2010
The battles are lacking in blood and agony compared to the manga. I seriously am disappointed by this manga adaptation. People please read the manga. We get awesome scenes of Bridget-sempai stabbing the shit out of Miyabi sempai (execution style.) The manga is much more grueling and the faces much more antagonistic. Hoping for a better season two. Where do you think this anime will end? Right before Cassie Lockhart and the shit that happens then?
Feb 12, 2011 10:12 PM

Jan 2010
Burger queen cracked me up
Feb 12, 2011 10:56 PM

Feb 2010
solid ep and now the real fun starts ;)
Feb 13, 2011 12:16 AM

Sep 2010
I loved the Fight....

Rena has pretty awesome techniques and also she's CUTE.....
Feb 13, 2011 3:42 AM

Jul 2009
billng said:
Wow gloves and boots thats so badass! That was a pretty good fight with burning fang and double accels
Agreed, but a single blade at the end of each fist would have been even more awesome and devastating (^.^)

Any way if I where Aoi I'd definitely choose Rana over Bridgette, she got a way better personality, is much cuter and very willing plus ready for more "intimate" action as well ;)

But since there seems to me no limit to the amount of 'limiters' the girls can have, perhaps he can have two Pandoras xD
Feb 13, 2011 5:02 AM

Sep 2010
So is this ever going to pick up? Watching a bunch of students fight each other all the time will be getting old. Kind of is, already.
How could Kazuya resist Rana when they were going to have lunch?!
Feb 13, 2011 6:46 AM

Apr 2009
Lol Rana was totally going to rape Kazuya in the caf. Now way is it that all the third years are big douches?
Feb 13, 2011 9:51 AM

Oct 2009
stAtic91 said:

Because they got irritating 3rd years...
Feb 13, 2011 10:11 AM

Jun 2008
Fasces349 said:

Me too. Rena bothers me. I at least wanted her to get knocked around or something :/
Feb 13, 2011 1:26 PM

Nov 2009
Right now i prefer Rana over Bridget... glad she won, to bad i can't change the pairings but i will take a couple for once instead of.. Well doesn't really matter.

Rana's introduction has increased my interest in this show.
Feb 13, 2011 2:22 PM

Sep 2007
Rana the homewrecker. Hopefully they don't screw up the next fight. It was pretty lengthy and was pretty awesomesauce.
Feb 13, 2011 3:14 PM

Jun 2010
The fight between Rana and Satella was awesome. I was cheering Satella on the whole time. I can't wait for the next episode when everyone starts fighting.

Feb 13, 2011 4:33 PM

Nov 2009
Only thing I really enjoyed was Rana fighting style(martial arts instead of weapons) Satelizer is too cute, it's getting annoying, I want the psycho untouchable Queen.
Feb 13, 2011 8:57 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
de arimasu! *~*

Feb 13, 2011 9:47 PM
Dec 2010
beccca14 said:
Fasces349 said:

I was. Rana bothered the crap out of me this episode. I wished Bridget could have cut her up some more.

Villetta_Nu said:
Fasces349 said:

Satellizer is the only girl in this show that has managed to not work my nerves! Everyone else is either extremely annoying, talk way too much shit, or just too damned evil.

bloodiedangle said:
Fasces349 said:

Me too. Rena bothers me. I at least wanted her to get knocked around or something :/

Glad we have some many fans. :)

Rana annoyed me, even in the Manga, allthough her fighting style is cool, she is two annoying to be a turn on. Its the way she speaks, acts etc while NOT fighting, I was hoping that while fighting I could enjoy her being raped. Not happening sigh

To all you Rana fans: You suck, Bridget is the hottest character in the show this far, and is therefore the best character. Such is how it works with Ecchi animes. However we haven't gotten a good look at Elizabeth (3rd year 2nd rank), who should be hotter.

It was a good episodes and I can't wait for the next.

Hoping they can get round to a season two, as if they finish this episode 12 it will be one of the worst cut off endings ever.

Overall I think its a good anime, and even though I came in here for the Ecchi (hot chick fighting hot chick=awesome) this anime exceeded my expectations, something that has only happened once before (Elfen)

helur said:
Right now i prefer Rana over Bridget... glad she won, to bad i can't change the pairings but i will take a couple for once instead of.. Well doesn't really matter.

Rana's introduction has increased my interest in this show.

how can you not like Bridget? Rana sucks.
Feb 13, 2011 10:39 PM

Oct 2010
Fasces349 said:
To all you Rana fans: You suck, Bridget is the hottest character in the show this far, and is therefore the best character.
ROFL, being a Rana fan I won't deny I am also a Bridget fan but the thing is Rana does have her appeals among them her face mainly. She does have a annoying personality but unlike Bridget has not internal complex so it's a plus for her. Furthermore, I am also going to add that her clingy attitude is fun to watch. It was especially like that when she was teasing Kazuya as I mentioned earlier on. So despite being annoying, she is fun and comedic as well unique in her fighting style. I will leave it at that.
Fasces349 said:
Such is how it works with Ecchi animes. However we haven't gotten a good look at Elizabeth (3rd year 2nd rank), who should be hotter.
Sure we did here and even that was not shown in the manga.

Feb 13, 2011 11:24 PM

Jun 2008
I'm starting to like this anime a bit now...

However, I hope the infighting doesn't last any longer.

If so, I think hopefully we can have a Season 2.....I hear there is plenty of manga material.
Feb 14, 2011 10:08 AM

May 2010
At least the show improved a bit.

More fight and lesser fanservice.

Liked Rana being a straightforward girl. :D

And again, another set of bullies :/
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Freezing Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kiba1996 - Feb 25, 2011

96 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 19, 11:50 AM

Poll: » Freezing Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 18, 2011

94 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 19, 11:15 AM

Poll: » Freezing Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 4, 2011

99 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 19, 10:09 AM

Poll: » Freezing Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Jan 21, 2011

127 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 19, 9:58 AM

Poll: » Freezing Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Jan 14, 2011

109 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 19, 6:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.