Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 5, 2011 11:38 AM

Mar 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
We get to see Fukuda criticizing the editors of Shonen Jump for relying too much on the popularity voting, while revealing his love for To Love-Ru for being a "manly" manga. XD

And Mashihiro finally finds the final clue for his manga, but man, Takagi is being an a**hole as he's busy hanging out with his girlfriend Miyoshi... At the end of the episode, I kinda felt sorry for Mashihiro as Takagi did not seem like very reliable friend.

Feb 5, 2011 4:15 PM

Jan 2008
stevewiess01 said:
[ At the end of the episode, I kinda felt sorry for Mashihiro as Takagi did not seem like very reliable friend.

Takagi is actually working on the Name but...
At any rate... Mashiro said he will work alone if Takagi can't bring a name to him...
Feb 5, 2011 9:53 PM

Jul 2010
to-love-ru became an official recognition manga of NHK Educational television.

I worry about whether governor of Tokyo Ishihara goes mad.
Feb 6, 2011 12:10 AM

Sep 2009
Wow, seems like the team is on the verge of breaking up. Hopefully Takagi will be able to deliver, though it appears he will have some trouble.
Feb 6, 2011 2:24 AM

May 2010
yea i agree takagi was a bit of an ass in this episode, hopefully he comes through.
But i was soo happy at the end c:
Feb 6, 2011 3:44 AM
Jul 2018
I am totally on Takagi's side. If I had a partner, I wouldn't completely ignore them. TBH Mashiro and Azuki have the weird relationship, whilst Takagi and Miyoshi's is more normal.

Sometimes Mashiro just goes off in a notion, he want's to do mystery yet he is letting Akito still do a battle manga. I do read the manga and know what happens and I still firmly stay with Takagi's side.
Feb 6, 2011 3:59 AM

Dec 2009
Because Takagi focused on the genre Mystery while going through the cellphone novels, and Mashiro's character is a detective, I think that will be their successful manga. Although I wonder why Mashiro didn't tell Takagi about the detective character since he even said Takagi liked Mystery.

Anyway, the whole part at Nizuma's place was great, loved the older guy finally getting his spirit back.
Ara ara.
Feb 6, 2011 4:12 AM
Dec 2007
Amazing, amazing episode. Eyerything was well-developped and cleverly written, including the main characters' psychology. I really like the new guy Fukuda. Bakuman. has been going so great lately that I'm officially raising its score to 9.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Feb 6, 2011 5:00 AM

Jan 2010
My favorite is To-love-ru too ..

What an Epic guy Fukuda is ..
Feb 6, 2011 5:38 AM

Dec 2008
Seriously guys? I officially hate Mashiro now. I'm glad that Takagi finally said it. "You're the one who's weird." Anyway, just deciding to leave your partner and hell, your 'friend' because of something like this... I think it's horrible. I mean, Takagi even punched the guy who said all those things about Mashiro's drawings. They started together, Takagi was the one who changed Mashiro's mind and yet Mashiro's being an ass. Wow. I don't even know know why I got mad like this, but I'd definitely like to watch Mashiro fall down without Takagi.

That aside, Fukuda, you're the man.
Feb 6, 2011 6:27 AM

May 2010
Liked Fukuda more when he mentioned about manga popularity and To-Love-Ru is a manga for boys. xD

When I saw Takagi's brother, I thought it was L. O_o

And this Nakai got his sprit back. Nice. :)

Next ep seems a hardship for the duo.
Feb 6, 2011 7:03 AM

Jul 2008
Liked Fukuda for one simple reason: he likes To LOVE-ru too. LOL
Feb 6, 2011 7:03 AM

Jul 2010
It's gonna suck iff Mashiro and Takaki stop working together...
Feb 6, 2011 7:08 AM

Aug 2009
He can't just decide to make a manga of his own, what happened to being a team? I understand that Takagi is with his girlfriend, but he's still working on the name. Have a little faith in him, Mashiro. >__>

Fukuda has great ideas. I hope he and everyone else try to change Jack.
Feb 6, 2011 7:25 AM

Jul 2008
Pressed the post message too early, Fukuda also mentions Ichigo 100% LOL

This is the home stretch now, looks like this would be their last attempt to get serialized (in this season)

Feb 6, 2011 7:46 AM

Oct 2009
Whoa. Dangerous situation.
I hope they'll not break up. Mystery sounds good and it's suit takagi well.

Feb 6, 2011 7:49 AM

Feb 2009
Oh yeah, this was where I first learned the cruel reality about WSJ. More about this will be revealed later on and will really change your view about WSJ and their mangas.
For starters, the chapter of this episode was when To-Love-Ru was still publishing.
Nice that they didn't leave out mentioning TLR as well as Ichigo 100% and I''s.
And while knowing what will happen next, I'm eager for the next episode already.

Still no sign of Aoki Ko though D:
Feb 6, 2011 8:23 AM

Mar 2010
I'm actually sad that Mashiro quit being assistant, i liked it, they had a good teamwork and it was fun to see so much Eiji, i'm still missing it even after reading manga and all >.>

Eiji's new chara looked like Saiko. :D LOL.
LylaazFeb 6, 2011 8:48 AM
Feb 6, 2011 10:18 AM

Mar 2010
I think maybe they should split up although that seems not very likely

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 6, 2011 10:21 AM

Aug 2010
I agree with Takagi, Mashiro is the dick this episode so what if Takagi wants to hang with his girlfriend and work the only reason Mashiro is writing is to get close to Azuki so why can't Takagi hang with his girl while working he didn't make an F'up promise to not see a middle school girl for years then marry her Takagi normal and dating the girl he likes
Feb 6, 2011 10:21 AM

Sep 2009
That was an interesting episode. I thought that the first half of it went by pretty quickly which is always a good thing with me, but by the second half it felt like everything was just falling back into old rhythms. orz
Feb 6, 2011 10:36 AM

Apr 2008
Anyone else wish Takagi was the main main character instead of Mashiro? The way Mashiro got motivated by Azuki's terrible answer just hurt to watch. I still like the manga development part, but getting to know the characters has not made the central romance any less dumb. Doesn't help that Mashiro only seems to have two modes, motivated and bad attitude.
BioFeb 6, 2011 11:40 PM
Feb 6, 2011 11:17 AM

Jun 2008
Kurofaise said:
I am totally on Takagi's side. If I had a partner, I wouldn't completely ignore them. TBH Mashiro and Azuki have the weird relationship, whilst Takagi and Miyoshi's is more normal.

That's fine; what's weirder is having normal relationships with people when you're an artist. Being an artist doesn't leave any room for being normal anyway.

The problem with being in a romantic relationship is the amount of time it takes up. For a high school student aiming to be a professional manga author, there really isn't time to be with your partner, attend class, complete assignments, and work towards your goal at the same time. Not at a reasonable pace, anyway.

I was in the same situation in high school: working with people who have their priorities somewhere else and feeling completely alienated as a result. Which is why, now that I'm out of high school, I keep the socializing to a minimum and try to work with like-minded people. Which is why I not only have to side with Mashiro, but also insist that what Takagi is doing is somewhat wrong. He's hiding behind Miyoshi because he has writer's block and for some reason doesn't want to tell Mashiro about it.

Think about it: what's more important, your dream, or a romance? No one can say that either is more or less important than the other, because it depends on the person. Obviously Mashiro's priority lies in the former. If you were him, would you really want to chase your dream alongside someone who prioritized the latter?

Though really, it's obvious that Takagi is just going through something that's part of growing up and will change sooner or later.

Ozey said:
Seriously guys? I officially hate Mashiro now. I'm glad that Takagi finally said it. "You're the one who's weird." Anyway, just deciding to leave your partner and hell, your 'friend' because of something like this... I think it's horrible. I mean, Takagi even punched the guy who said all those things about Mashiro's drawings. They started together, Takagi was the one who changed Mashiro's mind and yet Mashiro's being an ass. Wow. I don't even know know why I got mad like this, but I'd definitely like to watch Mashiro fall down without Takagi.

He's not going to leave him. He's just preparing in case Takagi doesn't pull through, which (to Mashiro) would signify Takagi's lack of resolve, or a different placement of priorities. He's wondering if Takagi is prioritizing Miyoshi, and if that turns out to be true, then he just wants to be prepared so that he isn't stuck there waiting and being held back by someone who isn't with him. Musicians do this kind of thing all the time. I had to recently as well, so I know exactly how Mashiro feels. Feel free to call me an ass.

Bio said:
Anyone else wish Takagi was the main main character instead of Mashiro? The way Mashiro got motivated by Azuki's terrible answer just hurt to watch. I still like the manga development part, but getting to know the character's has not made the central romance any less dumb. Doesn't help that Mashiro only seems to have two modes, motivated and bad attitude.

Yeah, that definitely doesn't help. I wouldn't say that many of the characters in this series are very good characters. Hattori and Eiji (especially) are good

I agree though. Mashiro's two-dimensional character development is pretty uninteresting.
GrmoFeb 6, 2011 11:38 AM
Feb 6, 2011 11:29 AM

Jul 2009
mashiro and his jealousy problems, no wonder takagi lashed back at him. i dont know how anybody would think it's takagi's fault. like does mashiro even believe in takagi?

p.s.
to the guy who said that there are many who choose to leave friends/family/whatever behind in hopes of chasing a dream, well ill be blunt with you, you're scum. if your goal in life is to use up someone, find out that they're no longer of use, and then toss them aside to hit some sort of 'jackpot', well, you won't go very far anyway. you'll always be the manager, never the owner. as you work up the ranks, you'll soon realize that your ways will only take you so far in society, but don't get me wrong, you'll still probably land a decent job, but never a fantastic job.
KurogashiFeb 6, 2011 11:47 AM
Feb 6, 2011 12:44 PM

Jul 2010
Well, Eiji was once again pretty awesome this episode now. I really do like his character now. Thank you manga fans for not letting me lose hope in him, because I really was struggling to like him in the beginning. "What's the big deal with this weirdo that wants to be Rock Lee?" XD

Fukuda was pretty funny this episode, too. I felt like he was different from how he was in the last episode, though. Either way, I still like him. I hope he doesn't disappear from the scene now that Mashiro is no longer an assistant.

I see the Mashiro hate club is growing. Yeah, he's struggling, but he's not as bad as what everyone is making him out to be. I can see things from both Takagi's and Mashiro's perspective, so I don't dislike either of them. They both have their good points. Yes, Takagi made a jerk move this episode. Since he's never done this before (that I remember) I'm sure we'll all easily forgive him.

Can't wait to see their mystery manga. I wish they really did write stuff like "Money and Intelligence" or "The Two Earths" in Shounen Jump - I'd definitely read/watch those.

Full ED for those that enjoy it. Never muched cared for it when I first heard it. I love it now. ^_^

Feb 6, 2011 1:01 PM

Apr 2009
Ichigo 100 % <3333333333333

another awesome episode
Feb 6, 2011 1:11 PM

May 2009
Wow, amazing episode.

Im actually on Mashiro's side, they decided to put the Manga 1st and then love, of course Mashiro was bugging to much but Takagi didnt have to mention the fact that they are the normal couple while MAshiro and...forgot her name are the weird ones.
Feb 6, 2011 1:37 PM

Nov 2009
I am siding with Mashiro. I think Takagi is right, but i don't see the big deal with Mashiro fulfilling his potential is...

Both his love and dream are one in the same - He needs to get published in order to be with Azuki. The longer Takagi wastes the more time he has to wait.

Takagi on the other hand doesn't have a set reward like Mashiro, and he already has a love interest. Yet, he abandoned a better education to work with him.

Either way they both are at a loss IF Takagi doesn't get over his block.

Also, I wonder if this eludes to the author's own experience... I mean when they had mystery displayed there with impact i was just like, "DEATH NOTE!"
Feb 6, 2011 1:39 PM

Aug 2008
can't wait for the next episode knowing whats coming up next!

“The impossible could not have happened, therefore the impossible must be possible in spite of appearances.” 
― Agatha Christie
Feb 6, 2011 1:47 PM
Mar 2010
I nodded when Fukuda mentioned that Ichigo 100%, I's, and To-Love-Ru are for real men ;)

Feb 6, 2011 2:12 PM

Aug 2008
It was a good episode analysing all the good stuff and the bad stuff about the editorial department of Jack and the way the magazine works... Fukuda is awesome coming up with all those ideas and telling them to the people out there xD I'm happy that Mashiro met Fukuda there and learned some stuff from Nakai and Niizuma mde him remember what makes manga fun. This will probably push Mashiro further into a big development and he will likely be able to write and draw manga better

So a mystery huh? They should totally go for a mystery.... quite true that Jack doesn't have that many mystery hits... and I'm pretty sure they can come up with a nice setting with mystery and a detective and suchs....

My my... who would ignore Miyoshi.... Me thinks that Takagi is totally right, but Mashiro is so too because he's not totally focusing in what he's supposed to do, but Takagi also needs to live his life and enjoy being together with the girl he likes! And yes Mashiro and Azuki are weird for not wanting to be together and enjoy a proper couple ship. Oh wells... while things get better and they come up with a decent manga I'm happy

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 6, 2011 2:46 PM
Nov 2010
Fukuda's is a real man showing his love for Ichigo 100% and To LOVE-Ru. Not to mention his manly idea of adding a foldout of an idol to Jack.
I also think Takagi is totally justified, Mashiro has the weird relationship and that's a real dick move on Mashiro's part to ditch Takagi if he doesn't come up wiht a name on time. Especially since Takagi is writing out of his element. Looking forward to next weeks episode.
Feb 6, 2011 6:58 PM
Feb 2009
aww come on long distance relationships are really tought..
Feb 6, 2011 7:21 PM

Oct 2008
I want to check out To Love Ru now.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Feb 6, 2011 7:48 PM

Aug 2010
He reveals his love for "To-love ru" What a manly anime!!!

I know that feeling.. Loving the crap out of an ecchi anime but reluctant to give it a high rating!!
Feb 6, 2011 10:37 PM

Aug 2010
Ozey said:

Exactly what i think!!!!
and each episode makes me dislike Mashiro a little bit more =(
Feb 6, 2011 11:23 PM

Jul 2009
Ugh, every single location is the same file with the same 1/2 second video delay. Gonna give it another day before I try to watch it...
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Feb 7, 2011 2:01 AM

Jan 2010
Mashiro really pisses me off!!!!!!!!
I liked what Fukuda said about the popularity ordering and ecchi manga especially To Love Ru cause it's the only ecchi anime I ever liked.
I'm waiting for the next ep...
Feb 7, 2011 6:10 AM

Dec 2008
I don't like Miyoshi nor Azuki!!!
Eiji is well on his way to becoming one of my favorite characters!!
Great episode, but I missed my man Hattori! Looks like the next episode will deliver a lot of him!
Feb 7, 2011 7:07 AM

Feb 2011
But in the end, I'm really interested in what story both of them will come out with! Can;t wait!!!! :D
Feb 7, 2011 7:31 AM

Sep 2009
I will consider writing my own manga without takagi help as well if i'm mashiro.
Because i will not let a friend drag me down, i rather fall on my own.
Feb 7, 2011 7:38 AM

Aug 2010
To Love-Ru is also the manliest manga i have ever read.
Feb 7, 2011 10:31 AM

Oct 2010
Has anyone mentioned that they like Fukuda now since his favorite manga is To Love-Ru? Well add me to that list, too. TLR will always be #1 in my heart. Fukuda has great taste.
Feb 7, 2011 1:41 PM

May 2009
Ok, as a person that has a boyfriend living in another state, I gotta say that Mashiro and Azuki's relationship is so stupid it's difficult to bear watching it.
Feb 7, 2011 3:15 PM
Aug 2009
I'm late again O.o

BTW, Eiji is oh-so-great :3 I'm still wondering, if he was a ninja in his previous live? All of his moves are quite ninja-ish ;D
And Fukuda is awesome ^^ I loved his speech ;P

And, I'm bored with Shuujin. Can't he already stop writing stories for Miyoshi? Geez :/ get real, boy.
Feb 7, 2011 3:45 PM

Jul 2009
I always loved it when Fukuda revealed his love for To-Love-Ru. Also, Nakai should draw backgrounds for Kubo :P
Feb 7, 2011 5:12 PM

Feb 2011
Hahaha same here! Anyway it's amazing that his seiyuu is the seiyuu for Grimmjow! xD Like the voice.
Feb 7, 2011 6:50 PM

Jun 2008
Kurogashi said:
mashiro and his jealousy problems, no wonder takagi lashed back at him. i dont know how anybody would think it's takagi's fault. like does mashiro even believe in takagi?

p.s.
to the guy who said that there are many who choose to leave friends/family/whatever behind in hopes of chasing a dream, well ill be blunt with you, you're scum. if your goal in life is to use up someone, find out that they're no longer of use, and then toss them aside to hit some sort of 'jackpot', well, you won't go very far anyway. you'll always be the manager, never the owner. as you work up the ranks, you'll soon realize that your ways will only take you so far in society, but don't get me wrong, you'll still probably land a decent job, but never a fantastic job.

If you're talking to me (and if you weren't then just ignore this and pretend I'm talking about cake), you just completely twisted around what I said, turning it into something that's clearly different from the original statement. Here's a quick and clear summary of what I said: sometimes you have to choose not to work with someone who doesn't care about what you're working on together, and go find people who do.

Yes, I agree that people who use their friends and abandon them later are scum, but I have never stopped talking to a friend because of a lack of dedication and I certainly have never used them the way you said I do (actually, the only times I've ever stopped talking to a friend is because they decided to use ME (I've always been sort of the outcast character so I was prone to that when I was younger)). It's more like, they lose interest, don't really feel like doing it anymore, etc, so I make it clear that I want to keep doing it and if they don't want to, then be clear about it so we don't waste time.

Seriously, how the hell did you manage to twist that around so badly? Like, I agree completely with what you said, but it's so irrelevant that it makes me wonder if you were even talking to me.

EDIT: ah, I think I know what threw you off. It was probably the "I try not to socialize much". Well, I apologize, because that actually does make me sound like a dumbass. The truth is, I hang out with my close friends whenever I can (which isn't much because we're all in different cities now), but I almost never go out and meet new people and "socialize" in that regard. We just kinda get together and talk and play video games, and I don't even know if that counts as socializing in the common use of the word. I'm relatively antisocial anyway so I find it far more fulfilling to be alone and work on projects rather than go out and party. Unless, like I said, it's with friends/family. Some family, anyway. Half my family is insane, but that's another story entirely.
GrmoFeb 7, 2011 7:00 PM
Feb 7, 2011 9:04 PM

Feb 2011
I loved how all three of them were discussing To Love-Ru with such...passion? Anyway this episode just kept building up but at the end it just sorta fell for me. Maybe it's because I wanted to get a mystery manga outta them and see what it's like.
Feb 8, 2011 7:23 AM

Oct 2010
damn you, fukuda! idol posters sucks! =X
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Jan 22, 2011

140 by M1kasaYu1 »»
Apr 14, 4:24 AM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

stevewiess01 - Feb 26, 2011

93 by Karva1 »»
Mar 26, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kanade-chan - Dec 25, 2010

105 by Karva1 »»
Mar 24, 8:01 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

M0ni - Dec 4, 2010

139 by Karva1 »»
Mar 24, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kuro4735 - Oct 16, 2010

181 by Karva1 »»
Mar 23, 10:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.