Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 8, 2008 1:29 AM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I'm waiting for him! ORANGE! ORANGE! ORANGE!
Lelouch has gone all the way of injustice. Shinku's coup scene was really cool & exciting but Lelouch frustrated everything. I want MORE evil Lelouch!

"See you next Geass" took away everything!
dtshykJun 8, 2008 3:55 AM
Jun 8, 2008 3:27 AM

Jul 2007
So, Ep 9

FFS! ME BE HAPPY KALLEN FAN FFS FFS FFS /falls on ground from happiness.
Jun 8, 2008 6:10 AM

Feb 2008
Fai said:
So, Ep 9

FFS! ME BE HAPPY KALLEN FAN FFS FFS FFS /falls on ground from happiness.

Lol, try to understand japanese first before watching a raw and bragging here -.-
Schneizel lost on purpose. Zero actually won, but Schneizel had the game set up that if Zero would take the king, his king would be attacked by the other pieces. In a normal chess game, Zero would have won. But here Schneizel showed everyone that whenever Zero is in a bad situation, he will just flee the battle, which he did by moving his king back.
And this is a Sunrise production. You could have at least guessed that Zero had some other motives for doing what he did with the empress other that "he was frustrated that he lost against Schneizel".

And is it just me, but 99% of the people that post after watching a raw only comment what they saw and never what was said. I mean, if you don't understand what they say without subtitles, why bother watching a raw?
flaskisJun 8, 2008 6:19 AM
Jun 8, 2008 7:03 AM

Jul 2007
flaskis said:

Lol, try to understand japanese first before watching a raw and bragging here -.-
Schneizel lost on purpose. Zero actually won, but Schneizel had the game set up that if Zero would take the king, his king would be attacked by the other pieces. In a normal chess game, Zero would have won. But here Schneizel showed everyone that whenever Zero is in a bad situation, he will just flee the battle, which he did by moving his king back.
And this is a Sunrise production. You could have at least guessed that Zero had some other motives for doing what he did with the empress other that "he was frustrated that he lost against Schneizel".

And is it just me, but 99% of the people that post after watching a raw only comment what they saw and never what was said. I mean, if you don't understand what they say without subtitles, why bother watching a raw?

/me smells a troll, but bahh will try to answer.

Schnitzel won, by playing with Lulu. IMHO Mao won the chess in the similar way. about 2/3 of ANY game is to psychologically understand the opponent and use his flaws against him. This time it was no different, the moment Schneizel saw Lulu use the king, he KNEW what to do - remember these two played against each other in childhood. Schneizell had a lot of time to understand that strategy.

And about frustration - ever heard about "joking", sarcasm or cynicism? IF u never ever have seen people use various memes, remarks and t.t, then you should really try harder to NOT fail at internetz. Or if you did not get the tone in which the "summary" was written, then you PHAIL instantly.

I obviously understand the real motives, but its not newspaper, I could have said "orange-kun brings us a new plot development - CHAMPAGNE POWA", would that mean that I understood it that way? NO, so IMHO u phaild at trolling.
Jun 8, 2008 8:09 AM

Feb 2008
You thought I was trolling?

I'm just tired of so many spamming new episode threads on MAL just to show that they are "cool" by watching a raw before everyone else. Imo if you don't have anything to discuss other than tell everyone what happens in the episode, you should just refrain from posting. You're supposed to discuss, not report.

Oh, and this post isn't aimed only towards you.
flaskisJun 8, 2008 8:16 AM
Jun 8, 2008 8:36 AM

Jul 2007
flaskis said:
You thought I was trolling?

I'm just tired of so many spamming new episode threads on MAL just to show that they are "cool" by watching a raw before everyone else. Imo if you don't have anything to discuss other than tell everyone what happens in the episode, you should just refrain from posting. You're supposed to discuss, not report.

Oh, and this post isn't aimed only towards you.

Good to know that you are not.

and yea I know what you mean - a certain person has the habbit of starting the ep threads in this anime page(and not only in this)...whats more, he does it day before the episode even aired.

I, atleast post only when I have seen the episode and only when I can actually contribute something "ontopic" *cough*unlike the one who started the thread this time *cough* .

Ands its hard to "discuss" for the very first posting ontopic, if one does not have any questions, so the best is to actually say out your thoughts hoping that someone will pick up the discussion.

ontopic. Hm... The Orange Mask...It actually, somewhat reminds of the masks worns by Aristocrats in Wolfs Rain
Jun 8, 2008 8:57 AM

Feb 2008
umm shall we resume the discussion on episode 9? You can discuss "raw watchers" issue somewhere else. I think "what will Lulu do with the Chinese little emperor?" is a good topic.
Is he planning to take over China? or destabilize China by cooperating with India?
dtshykJun 8, 2008 9:00 AM
Jun 8, 2008 9:13 AM

Jul 2007
dtshyk said:
Is he planning to take over China? or destabilize China by cooperating with India?

Obviously he is trying to prevent the joining of China and Britania. It would be quite hard for Zero and black Knights if Britannia were to "double" the size of territory, forces, etc.

Marriage was one of the most "useful" ways to annex the countries. Some of rulers, would purposelly make his sons or daughters marry the royalty of opposing countries not only for alliance, but also for the possibility to assimilate and annex theses countries.

IMHO he wants China to be on his side in this war, which is only possible after taking out eunuchs and giving the TRUE power to make choices to the Empress. Lelouch/Zero then can calmly act behind the scenes as simple mentor.

Thats why I think that Xingke will eventually go over to Lulu's side.
AhenshihaelJun 8, 2008 9:18 AM
Jun 8, 2008 9:27 AM

Apr 2008
OMG! I need to go watch it

Jun 8, 2008 9:42 AM

Feb 2008
Fai said:

IMHO he wants China to be on his side in this war, which is only possible after taking out eunuchs and giving the TRUE power to make choices to the Empress. Lelouch/Zero then can calmly act behind the scenes as simple mentor.

Thats why I think that Xingke will eventually go over to Lulu's side.

Kidnap of the emperor gives a good reason to Britannia and China to make an alliance. In that case Zero has to confront two giant armies before he gets China on his side. Does he really have a prospect of victory of the incoming war? I expect his another massive turnaround attack will reverse the situation. haha
Jun 8, 2008 10:06 AM

Feb 2008
Great episode! Loved the part where Xingke goes to the loli princess and Zero shows up =P
Also, I can't believe the kiss didn't happen... again! >_>

Oh, and hurray for Orange-kun! :D
Jun 8, 2008 10:50 AM

Jul 2007
dtshyk said:

Kidnap of the emperor gives a good reason to Britannia and China to make an alliance. In that case Zero has to confront two giant armies before he gets China on his side. Does he really have a prospect of victory of the incoming war? I expect his another massive turnaround attack will reverse the situation. haha

Well, China is against Zero only while Eunuchs are in control. If Zero succeeds in making a coup, only Britannia's forces are against him. So the massive turnaround could be just Chinese forces turning against Britanian forces, after one of Zero's spectacular acts involving the loli empress and pulling the support of China's forces to his own side
The massive turnaround could be exactly that - one minute Zero and Black Knights are outmatched, the next, after Zero's performance, its Britannia outmatched.
Jun 8, 2008 11:13 AM

Apr 2008
Hmm must just say i wonder how much he gains from kidnapping her and not just help Xingke tho maybe he wants China to be under him or something instead of the other way around. But one thing ONE THING i gotta say about this episode Lelouch standing there with gun to her head and the evil overlord laughter echoing through the hallsXD
Jun 8, 2008 11:54 AM

Feb 2008
i wouldnt be surprised if lelouch and the chinese guy did something like wat they did in area 11 but the episode preview kinda blew it away
Jun 8, 2008 11:55 AM
Nov 2007
I really gradually lose my interest in CG R2... Every next episode brings more dull, boring development. Feels like if target audience was shifting to 10-12 year old childs..

Shame.
Jun 8, 2008 12:03 PM

Apr 2007
flaskis said:

Was that even a legal move he did there?

As far as I know (haven't played in ages) you are not allowed to set yourself checkmate (or check for that matter).

Jun 8, 2008 12:06 PM

Jul 2007
anderkent said:
I really gradually lose my interest in CG R2... Every next episode brings more dull, boring development. Feels like if target audience was shifting to 10-12 year old childs..

Shame.

Now THATS trolling :/
Jun 8, 2008 12:27 PM

Jun 2008
Overfiend said:

As far as I know (haven't played in ages) you are not allowed to set yourself checkmate (or check for that matter).

That was definitely not a legal move! xD But given the consensus that the whole thing was more of a mind game than anything else, I guess it doesn't matter all that much.
Jun 8, 2008 12:56 PM
Nov 2007
That was one hilarious chess game.

Or, well, calling it a chess game would perhaps be too generous, it certainly wasn't played by any known set of rules. I don't think a single thing about that game made any sense, and especially not the end of it, or anything that was said about it.
Jun 8, 2008 1:12 PM

Jun 2008
Unless it's a chess anime (and probably, even then), chess in anime will never actually be chess.
Jun 8, 2008 1:27 PM

Aug 2007
I couldn't help but laugh at the chess game. That loli emperor had the most annoying voice I have heard in a long time. It was a fairly average episode, but it seems to be going in a good direction- the next few episodes should be very good.
Jun 8, 2008 1:45 PM

Sep 2007
*sigh* Now one is realy interested wo posts first in this fucking threads, don't hype CG too much like its the best fucking Anime ever... it's getting on my freaking nerves...

Kind of confusing episode, like we get tossed in a new story all of a sudden... but looking forward to more.

Jun 8, 2008 2:09 PM

Oct 2007
Overfiend said:

Yeah, that wasn't a legal move, which sort of bothers me, cuz it feels contrived, but I guess they were shooting to make a point.

I'm also confused why Zero held Tianzi at gunpoint. It seems like Xing Ke was going to end up doing all the work anyway. Hopefully they'll clarify next week.

But Orange-kun's back!? shocker!
Jun 8, 2008 2:13 PM

Jan 2008
Hmm, very good politics episode. Last fews seconds were strange...but finally it gets interesting for a change.

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
Jun 8, 2008 2:31 PM

Jan 2007
"lolwut" was pretty much my reaction to this episode.
Jun 8, 2008 2:32 PM

Dec 2007
Interesting episode. I don't understand why Lelouch trying to "Checkmate" the Chinese Federation though, after they helped him out?

Xingke gets total bonus points this episode. Loved the whole pinky promise bit.

Jun 8, 2008 2:34 PM

Jun 2007
This is getting ridiculous.....
Jun 8, 2008 2:45 PM
Dec 2007
Hmmm interesting episode, definitely better than the last few, but still missing something in my opinion (oh and the repeated Kallen fanservice is quite enough...). And we have to see once again a character that should have disappeared long ago : Nina, by far the most annoying and ridiculous character of CG (I'll laugh the second that I watch her death on screen, a gross and inhuman one I hope !). But well, Code Geass first season wasn't the best except for the first 4 or 5 episodes and the last 4 or 5 too. The development was less interesting as is R2 I think.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jun 8, 2008 3:02 PM

Apr 2007
I didn't like this episode, but my biggest question is...WHY IS ORANGE ALIVE?!

Well, now that I think about it I guess him being alive makes sense since C.C. is also alive. I would still prefer him to be dead.
Jun 8, 2008 3:12 PM

Apr 2008
Faust721 said:

Ditto
Jun 8, 2008 3:16 PM

Jun 2008
Momo-Hime said:
I didn't like this episode, but my biggest question is...WHY IS ORANGE ALIVE?!

Well, now that I think about it I guess him being alive makes sense since C.C. is also alive. I would still prefer him to be dead.

CC is immortal. Orange is just PLOTHAX. :/
Jun 8, 2008 3:24 PM

Sep 2007
Lelouch will use any means necessary to beat down Britannia, even if it means forcefully taking control of other nations.
Jun 8, 2008 3:35 PM

Dec 2007
Okay so.. Lelouch wants to take over the Chinese Federation :O The chess game with that quite interesting bet was canceled due to psycho Nina interupting >,> And then Lelouch points a gun at loli Tianzi's head.

Oh yea.. and then ORANGE-kun returns -.-

You could call this episode quite interesting ^^
And again a major cliffhanger.. so let's wait and see what happens next.
Jun 8, 2008 3:56 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
I find this is starting to get ridiculous.....

Please, leave a little bit of realism like season one did.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jun 8, 2008 4:04 PM

Sep 2007
When I saw Zero at the party I knew Nina would go ballistic. Cant wait for ep 10 to see what Orange-kun is going to do now that he's back.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

MALoween 2023 Candies

MALoween 2022 Candies

Jun 8, 2008 4:08 PM

Oct 2007
WAHa_06x36 said:
That was one hilarious chess game.

Or, well, calling it a chess game would perhaps be too generous, it certainly wasn't played by any known set of rules. I don't think a single thing about that game made any sense, and especially not the end of it, or anything that was said about it.

Same here, I thought that game of chess didn't make sense, except for that little message. However what was worse was when Nina came and interrupted... bit too crazy for me.

Overall this was a decent episode, full of politics but I didn't initially understand the logic behind Zero kidnapping the Empress Tianzi (was her voice annoying or what?) but I somewhat understand after reading some of these comments. ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 8, 2008 4:10 PM

Apr 2007
Faust721 said:

QFT

Jun 8, 2008 4:13 PM

Aug 2007
Tsunami said:
Faust721 said:

QFT

I would just add "lolwut orange-kun?"
Jun 8, 2008 4:15 PM

Dec 2007
KingPin said:
When I saw Zero at the party I knew Nina would go ballistic. Cant wait for ep 10 to see what Orange-kun is going to do now that he's back.

YEAH!! I was hoping to see Nina in her 'bersek' mode!!
.. Airwalk
Jun 8, 2008 4:16 PM

Sep 2007
Firstly... yay ORANGE-kun!

Well this was a great episode but I can't say I was too happy about Zero kidnapping the Empress Tianzi... I know why he did it... and I know he has no intention of actually harming her but still... Well I guess if he is willing to sink yet again even lower for his goal of destroying Britannia then whatever its his life...
Jun 8, 2008 4:24 PM
Aug 2007
If this wasn't another pointless, horrible, dragged out episode, I don't know what is! It's painfully obvious that the Geass series is being milked until it's dry, either that or Sunrise is just so stupid that they cannot arse themselves to actually make something happen in the episodes.

So far R2 has been random plot twists that are ridiculous and do nothing to help move along the plot... unless you consider more random plot filling and wasted character/story development "moving along the plot". So this episode is mainly centered around the Chinese empress and the wedding.. but I guess that never even gets started until the end, does it? The entire ceremony that took up most of this episode was attempts to develop some useless characters like Nina in a bad fashion.

If R2 doesn't start to pick up and actually get somewhere, I might start losing faith in the series (although I have already). Well, judging from how R2 has been so far, I doubt it's going to pick any time soon, maybe not until the end. I don't really care for it much at this point, but I still want to see what happens, if anything. That's my two cents anyways.

2/5. *Holds up flame shield*
Jun 8, 2008 4:39 PM

Aug 2007
I don't know whether to hate this episode or not.
Nina just sucks. D: Plainly sucks.
Kallen and Lulu falling with CC saying random stuff was win.
Then it just got boring D:.
Jun 8, 2008 4:40 PM
Nov 2007
I like how it took nine whole episodes before anybody dared to suggest that maybe this season isn't really making a whole lot of sense.
Jun 8, 2008 4:49 PM

Jan 2008
crazy chess match, plus a Lulu loss of sanity laugh awesome
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 8, 2008 5:00 PM

Apr 2008
Didn't find the episode THAT great.
Freakin after waiting for two weeks, was expecting something better.
But I guess, all these episodes have to come in order for the story to advance...
So, can't be helped I guess....
Jun 8, 2008 5:21 PM

Nov 2007
sigh Jeremiah Gottwald is one character that should STOP coming back. I can put up with Suzaku but this guy is just retardedly annoying. how did he survive and why is he in good graces with the empire? wait I don't really care because he's a bad character.

good to see Zero back to himself and him and kallen = win. guess we'll find out why he didn't let Xing Ke continue, I don't see them becoming enemies or Zero actually killing the empress. shouldn't someone of noticed Lelouch not at school and said something? the real match I want to see is Zero vs Schneizel since Schneizel should know something about his mother.
Jun 8, 2008 5:31 PM

Apr 2008
lolillegalchessmoves.

Knowing that the emperor would have taken the piece without hesitation makes him sound quite awesome. I understand Lelouch wanting to be a rebel and everything but eh, you can't care too much about pride when you're prepared to hold little girls at gunpoint.

Didn't really like this episode as a whole, Xing's scene at the end was pretty cool and so was Jeremiah's return but it was pretty dullfor the most part. Oh well at least the yaoi fans got something out of it.
Jun 8, 2008 5:53 PM

Apr 2008
Am I the only one who likes C.C. x Lulu?
And I personally loved this episode. You get to see more on the Chinese Fed. and where Nina & Milly went with the royal family stuff. I love how Xing-Ke rebells and attacks when the wedding happened. And I was kinda pissed when Lelouch ruined the happy moment between Xing-Ke and Tianzi.
Jun 8, 2008 6:01 PM

Nov 2004
Heh. I liked the episode, I sort of view Geass as mindless entertainment now that it's jumping around with all the insanity. Nina has unfortunately been an annoyance for me so I would rather have it that she wasn't there. For the whole main pairing thing, it's still Lelouch x C.C. for me even though C.C. has zero screentime and Kallen gets all the action (I can only guess it's understandable since C.C. can't waltz around in the public unless she disguises herself). Xing-ke coup d' etat scene was awesome. And I was kind of like "Noooooo" when Zero got in the way (and I can understand why he is gonna take Tianzi has hostage but is there a need for the maniac laugh? Zero's image isn't supposed to be ultimate evil).
Jun 8, 2008 6:19 PM

Feb 2008
Ugh, Nina is so stupid.

Yeah, I doupt this is going to be quite as good as season 1, but it's still enjoyable. Like I've been saying about the last few episodes though ... I still don't really have a clue where the rest of the series is going, weird stuff.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Dremark - Sep 7, 2008

431 by sharosharo »»
Yesterday, 8:09 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dtshyk - Aug 31, 2008

575 by sharosharo »»
Yesterday, 7:36 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Aug 24, 2008

301 by sharosharo »»
Yesterday, 7:02 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Aug 17, 2008

437 by sharosharo »»
Yesterday, 6:17 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nihil - Aug 10, 2008

365 by sharosharo »»
Yesterday, 5:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.