Forum Settings
Forums

Comment on series rated 5 and below on the above users list

New
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jun 17, 2011 12:55 PM

Mar 2009
@gff
Kurau-yeah, I thought this was uber disappointing too, I don't recall the, say, first 8 eps or so being too bad, but the rest was just a train wreck
Alien Nine-5? I think that's far too generous a rating, it's a 1 for me, one of the worst thing I think I've ever seen
Elfen Lied-I really enjoyed this one, but I understand most people see it as boobs and blood
Digimon Adventure (movie)-yeah, I found this to be like a nice side story, but it's nowhere near as badass as the second one where they save the world on a dial-up connection!
Digmon Tamers-oh man, someone else who doesn't think this is god's gift to man?! High five! I wouldn't call it the worst thing you could watch, but I still disliked it
Digimon Adventure 1-I have strong nostalgic ties to it. Still not my fav Digimon season though.
Rahxephon (movie)-ewww, I hope it's not really this bad because I really do like the TV series. That said, I wouldn't doubt it!
FMA: Shamballa movie-well the movie did at least give some closure to the first series and was reaaaaally pretty!
Photon-I found this to be a fun little OVA that was better than it probably should have been.
Metropolis-maaaan, why?! This is my favorite anime movie ever! And one of my firsts.
Cat Soup-yeah, I thought that was pretty bad myself, I don't think that "weird"="good"
Petshop of Horrors-the manga is way better for sure, we only got 4 chapters animated and the manga still did the mood better somehow.
Mars of Destruction-a truly bad piece but it's so bad it's good too!
Eiken-also "so bad it's good", lol
Digimon Frontier-*sigh* more nostalgic connections for me, even if halfway through they did totally abandon half the cast in favor of Takuya and Koji and it inda had bad writing, etc, I still find myself enjoying it
Now and Then, Here and There-are you just lacking a rating on this one? Haven't decided yet or something? Either way, I rather disliked it. Except that the ost was done by one of my fav composers.
Jun 17, 2011 1:02 PM

Dec 2010
@gff

lol for someone who has a lot o f6, 5's and lower you sure do complete your anime. I on the other hand can give anything a try, unless it's like shounen ai/yaoi, but there's no guarantee I'll finish it. I'm likely to drop 6 and lower.

Let's see of those that stand out to me.

>ef - a tale of memories.-I could understand, but the mangaka's arc alone is very good. I gave a 9 for that alone, the other arc's were bleh. I kind of want to give this a lower score.

-Full Metal Panic, yeah...that dude who keeps surviving was annoying. I want to lower my score of an 9 just because of him. You gave second season an 8.

-Rozen Maiden-Understandable.

There are other anime such as Mai hime/elfen lied on there which i agree with a low score.
@FallnKnightFakir
-Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo-eh...I gave a lower score...
-Neon Genesis Evangelion- you probably already know, but I'll say it anyway. The movie has one of the best anime ending I've ever seen. This deserves at least a 5 when you gave rahxephan an 8 lol.
-eden of the east-yes...it's overrated
-grave of the fireflies-overrated too IMO by fan's and maybe some professional critics...

Mika_InamoriJun 17, 2011 1:08 PM
Jun 17, 2011 5:13 PM

Apr 2008
taro_sado~

Grave of the Fireflies: I def. don't think it deserves a 3. Sure, it was less than I expected and I didn't cry. But it's still a classic, and very good for its time

Higashi no Eden: Also def. doesn't deserve a 5 in my opinion. I thought was pretty amazing.

Samurai Deeper Kyo: Maybe not a 3, but I agree that it was pretty bad, not horrible though, but maybe I'm too nice.

Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo: Now, giving this a 3 on top of the low score you gave Grave of the Fireflies and Higashi no Eden just makes me think you're rating them down just because you think they're overrated.

5 Centimeters per Second: I guess I can see how someone would dislike the pace of this movie and not be able to finish it, but I don't know about giving it a 4.

Air: Same as above. I personally thought it was great.

Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch: I guess I can see why someone might now like it, and it def. is overrated, but I enjoyed it quite a bit.

InuYasha: I agree with the 5.

Mushishi: Def. disagree, since it's in my top five. Maybe the pace is a bit slow, but not a 2 for sure.

Naruto: Kind of agree with the 3. I gave it a 6 since I was able to get through it and it was quite amusing a lot of the time.
Jun 17, 2011 5:26 PM
Mar 2011
Vampire Knight- im a guy and like this more than you lol
Gakuen Heaven- genshiken joke time [ what kind of girl does not like gay men] lol
Final Fantasy VII: Last Order - fresh milk here
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Jun 17, 2011 5:53 PM

Oct 2009
@Tennoryu

Clannad and Afterstory: I'm seeing this is a love hate anime along with such as Elfen Lied. I personally liked the Clannad series but not as much as some of my friends. Still was a great anime imo

Dears: I thought Dears was Generic but I enjoyed it despite me hating the colour palette of that anime

Advent Children. Totally Agree with teh low score of advent

Hikaru no Go: I thought it was boring. I mean it basically watching people play an ancient Othello. Yes I do have some respect for the game of Go, Alittle.

KissXSis. yeah, I hate incest also
Jun 17, 2011 6:19 PM

Nov 2010
Digimon-I still really like(if only for nostalgia perhaps) the first season, the movie, and the third season. I didn't really like the second season like you though.

Final Fantasy:Advent Children-I never really thought of this movie as an anime due to my conception of anime only really being realized for the past year or so. It's a rewatchable movie, but it didn't do much to expand the universe of FF7 at all.

Soul Eater:I thought Soul Eater was an addicting shonen series but I won't raise many arguments since somewhat long running shonen series tend to have that effect on people.
Looking at posts on the Internet wouldn't bother me so much if people didn't also mix up he and she.
Jun 17, 2011 6:25 PM

Jun 2008
@ KyubeyMittens

School Days: This garbage is made to be hated, yes indeed. I don't know how you managed to watch the special too. Ugh.
Girls Bravo: I've read the first volume of the deficient manga, and it was more than enough.
DearS: The only Peach Pit series I'm never going to read/watch.

The others are all either ecchi, comedy, or new/airing anime in which I'm not interested in.

hugging six rabbits and having pink nightmares
Jun 17, 2011 7:37 PM

Mar 2009
@RenPsychoKiller
Area 88 (OVA)-really, the OVA? I could see dislike for the TV series and sure the ending was a bit nonconclusive for the OVA, but I think it did a great job for what it did
Chrono Cruade-I also liked this one, except for the most anticlimactic final battle evar, but the manga has less episodic bs and was overall much better
Pokemon the First Movie-nostalgia trip for me! Same for the TV series, but only through the Indigo League
Mars of Destruction-a terrible 20 minute OVA indeed, but friggin hilarious!
FMA-I haven't seen Brotherhood, but it did a good job with the gecko ending and we got more Hughes in the first anime
Akira-yeah, can't say I care for this one much either
Grave of the Fireflies-glad to see more haters! It's pretty awful, it's a 1 for me, worst anime movie ever imo
Dragon Ball-wha? I like this way better than DBZ, it's kinda awesome for its time, genre subversion (until DBZ re-established them)
Gilgamesh-yeah, just drop this, I sure wish I had. The first 5 eps or so are actually the best, it only goes downhill from there
Astro Boy [1980]-being a massive tezuka fan, I do like this. Except for the dub, which is in my trifecta of worst dubs evar. I'd watch the first two eps in Japanese online (which were condensed to one ep in English for whatever pointless stupid reason) and the rest should be easy to find in sub
Jun 17, 2011 8:03 PM
Mar 2011
Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch- PLot holes
Grave of the Fireflies - you have no soul
Tokumu Sentai Shinesman- Jokes non sentai watchers dont get
Neon Genesis Evangelion- Anata wa baka desu
Mobile Suit Gundam Wing- Maybe not
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Jun 17, 2011 11:19 PM
May 2011
'tennoryu

5 for Gundam Wing? It's not great, but it's probably the best post-1990 series.
Gundam Seed, on the other hand, deserves its spot.
Chobits - I'd give them a little higher, but I can see why you'd go for 5.
lolol Cubix is an anime? I watched that as a kid, but I never knew it was Japanese.
Golden Boy seems a bit high. ;p Though I guess it gets 'so bad its good' points.
Advent Children - that one seems pretty polarizing. I give it points for animation.
I like Toradora!, but given the rest of your pics, I get why you wouldn't. I probably wouldn't either if it weren't for a couple of the characters.
Haha, oh Naruto.
I'll forgive you for the low score on Negima?! since you have Clannad down there. I hate that show, but it seems everyone loves it.
abbadonhimeJun 17, 2011 11:30 PM
Jun 18, 2011 10:11 AM
Mar 2007
5's -
Fate/Stay Night - Maybe it should be a bit higher. It's not good though, and depends on how harsh you are, that's understandable.
Moon Phase - It's cute, and not very funny. I'd rate it higher, but I guess that rating is alright, all through all.
Sukisho - Yeah, that's about right.
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu - I don't know. I liked that a lot back in the day, and I'm pretty sure it has aged quite well. I don't know if it's a love it or hate it show either, because it has a lot of good stuff in it. Seems quite harsh.
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - No way I'd ever agree with that. I loved that one.
This Ugly Yet Beautiful World - It wasn't much more than nothing, so I guess a 5 would be alright.
Gedo Senki - A piece of garbage. 5 seems far too high.
Clannad - Meh, I guess I can agree with that.
Naruto - Yeah, quite alright.
DearS - Agree, maybe it deserves a lower rating, too.
4's -
Gundam SEED - I didn't really like it, but it was better than Destiny. I can relate to the grade.
.hack//roots - Yeah, it is boring enough to get nothing more than a 5.
X/1999 - It's so lame it does not even deserve a 1.
Tenjou Tenge - Alright.
Angel Sanctuary - It had the potential to be more than a 3, but it does not deserve it in the end. I can relate to that 4.
Gash Bell - Hours of fun and barrels of laughter. Can't agree with you on that one.
Miyuki-chan in Wonderland - It's not much, so a 3 would fit it in my opinion.
3's -
Psychic Academy - It's too lame to deserve a 3. You're being generous.
1 -
Golden Boy - One of my all time favorites. I guess it is better for boys, after all. :-P
Jun 18, 2011 1:00 PM

Mar 2009
@doa_knux
FF7 Advent Children-I certainly remember it being pretty. Very very pretty. But substance? I agree, lacking
Pokemon movie 3-this is the last movie I have any sort of nostalgic connections to and I'll admit, Entei is my fav of the legendary dogs trio, but yeah, it's not an especially good movie or anything. I'd mostly switched to the games only by that point as is.
FLCL-I know I saw this ages ago on adult swim, all I can remember about it not giving a damn
Haruhi-yeah, not my cup of tea either. The story parts were ok, but the episodic nonsense was painful for me to watch
NGE-you have a score for it yet it's on PTW? But anyway, I disliked it, didn't see it until....well after I saw TTGL actually. Then saw RahXephon afterwards and liked it too. Not sure how much you watched of NGE, but it wasn't worth it for me in the end.
Jun 18, 2011 1:11 PM

Jun 2008
@ gff

Elfen Lied: I pretty much loved it, but can see why someone wouldn't like it.
Full Metal Panic: I agree that the first season is nothing special, the following two are much better.
Ani*Kuri15: Pretty bad indeed.
Digimon series: I'm a huge Digimon fan. I liked all the movies and series. But I agree that Digimon Tamers is the worst.
KimiAru: Average ecchi harem comedy.
Cinderella Boy: I thought it was horrible.
Clamp In Wonderland: Yeah, average and pointless. A waste of money.
Fate Stay Night: Boring and average.
Comic Party: I didn't even bother to complete the series, very crappy.
Love Hina: The epitome of avergae harem.
Rozen Maiden series: Makes me sad to see so many haters of this great series.
Gantz: Not even worthy of a 5.
Final Fantasy The Spirits Within: Almost made me fall asleep.
DNAngel: Manga is below average, anime seems even worse.
FMA movie: As crappy as the series.
Azusa: Decent OAV. Doesn't deserve less than 5 imo.
Black Lagoon The Second Barrage: WTF, it's even better than the first part.
Arjuna: Unique and not worthy of a 4, but has plenty of flaws.
Blood The Last Vampire: Watchable, but much worse than the anime series.
Noisy Birth: Weird. Not that bad for me.
Lodoss War Heroic Knight: OAV is way better.
Eureka Seven: What? The manga is amazing, and the anime seems great as well.
Boys Be: Manga was absolutely worthless, I guess same goes for the anime.
Angel Sanctuary: Hated the manga, never going to watch the anime.
Hellsing: I've watched very little of it, didn't seem worthy of a 3.
Clover: Nah, it's a splendid trailer for a splendid manga.
Himiko-Den: The manga was shitty, so I'm never going to watch the OAV.
Kakurenbo: I agree, very ugly movie.
Miyuki-chan: This is why Clamp should never make ecchi stuff.
Itsudatte My Santa: Below average, just like any Ken Akamatsu work.
Bakuretsu Tenshi: Probably the worst Gonzo anime ever.
Boku Wa Imouto: I disagree, but I can see why some people would hate this.
Generation Basket: A 2? Seriously?
Petshop Of Horrors: Never liked this one, but I might watch it more carefully someday.
Kinnikuman: I don't know how did you manage to watch both seasons of this... thing.
Ikkitousen: Deficient ecchi.
Mars Of Destruction: Doesn't deserve a 1, too hilarious to hate.
Quiz Magic Academy: Wha... it might be average and cliché, but in any way worthy of a 1. A decent, enjoyable magic flick.
Early Rains: Oh camon. It deserves way more than a 1.
Dragon Ball GT: The original series is equally bad.

@ doa_knux

Beyblade: Second series is much better than the first.
FLCL: Deserves no more than a 4, yes.
Haruhi Suzumiya: Eh, not worthy of a 3, I think.

@ FallnKnightFakir

I'm pretty sure I've already commented on your list, sorry, but you posted while I was still typing.
RenaPsychoKillerJun 18, 2011 1:22 PM

hugging six rabbits and having pink nightmares
Jun 18, 2011 1:29 PM

Mar 2011
We share very few anime compared to the total amount we've seen I guess our tastes differ a bit ^_^

So between those we share

Your 5

Midori no Hibi : I understand why you would rate it with a 5 but personally I enjoyed it enough to rate 8. Maybe it's the whole idea of having a girl in my palm that i found attractive :D

Your 4s

Fullmetal Alchemist: Totally agree with this. I dont even know why i gave this show a 6. I think i'll fix that.
Kanokon: Again a show a guy might appreciate more than a girl. Truth is , it's closer to 4 than 7.
Aria the Animation: 4 for Aria?! Embarrassing comments are not allowed! Seriously a 4? That's too harsh for that lovely anime. The feeling of peace and relaxation it gives, is priceless in my opinion.
K-ON! : Certainly not the masterpiece many claim to be. But again no 4 material. I dont understand what exactly wouldn't you like. Maybe the too cute characters? Many have issues with that but it's not so bad as to give it a 4

Your 3s

One Piece: Oh come on! 3 for Luffy and his merry pirate crew?! That's just evil!
Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within : One of the most underrated anime movies in my opinion. Much better than the atrocity called "the advent children", this anime movie is one of the best i've seen. Very interesting plot, nice characters, lots of breathtaking action, masterfully animated... This is certainly not 3.
Jun 18, 2011 1:37 PM
Mar 2007
@RenaPsychoKiller [deserves a comment!]
5's -
Beyblade - You are being generous - a piece of crap, not worthy of anybody's time.
Area 88 - 5? Are you serious? It was great. Far better than the revision, and pretty much anything else from its time.
Kyoushiro - One of the worst series I have started. Deserves far less than that generous 5.
Arcadia of my Youth - I guess it isn't as good as a standalone movie as much as it is for avid Harlock and Leijiverse fans. This 5 seems rather reasonable.
Ame to Shoujo - Boring, didn't mean anything to me.
Pale Cocoon - A very interesting piece of art, directed by one of the most talented directors in the industry. I don't know how you could be so harsh with it.
Chrno Crusade - Yes, it's not that good. Kind of average. Seems maybe a very tiny bit too harsh, but I can live with that.
Lupin Part I - The worst of the entire Lupin franchise, but I don't think it deserves a 5, even only for its rich nostalgic values.
Lupin - Elusive Fog - Yeah, not the best Lupin special out there.
Clamp in Wonderland 1 - Can definitely agree with you.
Clamp in Wonderland 2 - Fan's fuel, and not much more than that. I guess the amount of enjoyment you would get out of this depends on how much you like their previous works. I'm not their fan, so that 5 seems to be rather fair.
Zaion - Boring, does not deserve that 5.
Miyuki in Wonderland - A stupid OVA.
Hoihoi-san - It's fun. I don't know, maybe a bit better than a 5. But not much more than that by any means.
Agent Aika - The worst take on my favorite 'fem fatale with ecchi' anime genre.
SoulTaker - Had a bunch of potential, but was far too ambitious for its own good. 5 is alright with me.
Hoshizora Kiseki - Lame. You were generous once again with this one.
Irresponsible Tylor - The epitome of average-ness, just like Tylor himself. 5 is the perfect score.
4's -
Naruto - Yeah.
Mars of Destruction - It's so bad, it's actually bad. 4 is way too high.
5cms - Are you serious? It was good, even only for its graphics.
Bakuretsu Tenshi - A piece of crap.
Sunabozu - Had its moments, and all-in-all it has actually stand out in my opinion as one of Gonzo's better efforts. Disagree on that one.
Fullmetal Alchemist - A 4 is a bit harsh, but I guess it was indeed pretty bad.
Egao - Nah, it was very adorable.
Detective Kunkun - If anything from the Rozen Maiden franchise, I liked this one and the OVA (Overture), so count me as disagreeing with you on this one.
Flint - Nostalgic. But yeah, the rating should be pretty low.
Akira - A classic, but of the ones I don't really appreciate on its own. That 4 seems to be somewhere along the lines of reasonable and a tiny bit too harsh.
Phantom the Animation - Crap. You were generous with it.
Ani*Kuri - Yeah.
Aria - I loved it, but I can see why it would be some people to sleep. I guess you are one of these bunch.
Mizu no Kotoba - Strongly disagree. It's a great piece, even if it is just a few minutes long.
Ice - It has to be one of the worst anime ever released. You were mightily generous.
Gantz - Yeah, that's right.
Grave of the Fireflies - A very strong movie. I don't know how you could give it a 4.
3's -
DNA^2 - Funny little piece of crap. I guess it should be higher though, it was actually pretty enjoyable.
Spirits Within - It was cool back in the day, but has not aged well. I'd say I agree.
Azumanga Daioh - One of my favorites, no way in hell I'd agree or ever understand that rating.
2's -
School Days - That's right.
Dragon Ball GT - The worst in the franchise, and that's not an easy task after all.
Cencoroll - A bit harsh, but yeah I can see why.
1's -
Dragon Ball - Strongly disagree, It's a fine series in my opinion. For being an ageless classic it deserves more than that 1.

@mithzor -
5's -
Ninmoiya-kun - Seems reasonable, it was nothing special.
Haruhi 2009 - Yeah, a disgrace for the first show indeed.
Kimikiss - Yep, a big disappointment. I can agree.
DearS - Agree with you on that one, too.
Advent Children - I don't know, I think 5 is too harsh. It was a beautiful film (visually).
Code Geass - I don't know if it was that bad, but it was definitely not very good.
4's -
Air - It's only good if you are looking for a replacement for sleeping pills. I agree with that.
Eureka Seven - I love you for that one rating. Finally someone who understands how averagely bad this show is.
3's -
Amenaide Yo - The lowest form of ecchi crap. 3 is too generous.

gffJun 18, 2011 1:43 PM
Jun 18, 2011 2:33 PM

Jul 2010
@gff
5's -
Alien Nine - a 5? Really? I enjoyed this anime
Digimon: Digital Monsters - Why'd you have rate this classic anime as a 5?
Elfen Lied - It's one of the best series I've seen and you gave it a low rating?
Kanon - Personally, it's a beautiful anime and isn't 5 too harsh for a beautiful animation of the 2002 version?

4's -
DearS - I know it has ecchi but I find it interesting to watch despite the fact that it's similar to Chobits
D.N.Angel - Why?

3's -
Black Blood Brother - How can anyone rate this a 3? It's really good!
Boys Be... - This is one of the anime I actually thought it was hilarious
Hellsing - Why are rating a classic anime a 3?

Geez, most of the anime you rated, really harsh ratings on the good ones.
Jun 18, 2011 2:47 PM

Jan 2009
@ animely

Kiss x Sis (TV) (5) → I've only seen the first episode of this, but from what I saw, it seems like it's an okay show if you can get around the incest that is trying to take place. Not everyone's thing and it's defiantly a little weird watching the show.

Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai (5) → I agree with you on this one. I thought this would be a decent romance anime, but after watching a few episodes, it's awful. I'm surprised you're still watching.

[Highschool of the Dead: Drifters of the Dead (4) → Special with no plot and tons on fan service. Agreed.

Rosario + Vampire (5) → I'm kinda bias on this one because the manga is very good, but I liked Rosario + Vampire. Maybe because I was in the mood for a harem show with a "monster of the week". It does get repetitive and the lack of any real romance happening is annoying though.

Hidan no Aria (5) → 5? That bad for you? I admit it's not exactly a great show, but I have it as a 7 right now for basically "meh". Has some good moments but some bad moments.

Freezing (5) → Constant nudity not your thing? I originally thought this show would suck, but after watching a few episodes, I was surprised that there was a pretty decent plot and some interesting characters. But, I can see how people would hate this show.

You didn't really have any that I strongly disagreed with.
Meh_93Jun 18, 2011 2:54 PM
Jun 18, 2011 2:59 PM

Dec 2010
@Meh_93
you only have like 5 anime with low score lol.

Kashimashi: Girl Meets Girl 5-best shoujo ai/yuri with romance I've seen.
Naruto 5 -yeah pretty average
Air 5 -same here. A few minutes in and it couldn't hold my attention.
Jun 18, 2011 3:23 PM

Apr 2010
@ Meh_93

Watching

Steins;Gate? Good man.

Wait, you dropped Oretachi and not [C]? Impressive, [C] is reaaaaally disappointing (Mononoke, Trapeze and this) while Oretachi is unironically closer to Nakamura's good stuff.

Completed

Overall quite a high scorer (your profile explains your system, complete opposite to mine), but I guess you don't watch/finish things you dislike or something enough to fill it out. Ironically, your scores do agree with the average MAL scores. Generally I agree with your taste and we cross over a decent amount, but we've only got 62% compatability, for some reason.

RahXephon 9? Excellent. Never understood why it's anything less than an 8 on MAL, and it's one of my permanent favourites. The all-important question though - Evangelion or Rah?

See, I was about to applaud you for an 8 for Eden of the East and Bakemonogatari, but those series aren't Bs at all, they're bona-fide greats. ;_; But rating Fractale on the same level? How depressing, I can't agree at all.

I'd agree with a B/+-sorta for Freezing, I wanted it to be horrible but it was really really really quite good until the last five minutes shot it hard in the foot. And dem specials >_>

Is Time of Eve underrated? I'd say it's rated just right, but deserves to be better known. And no-one likes 11eyes, unless you mean even that's overrating it.

Agree on your KnK ratings, though I liked the first one a lot more than you did.

I plan to watch Blassreiter, love the series' writer for her crazy-weird-angsty-happy guys on motorcycles stuff in Kamen Rider.

Overall you've got a pretty eclectic, mostly mainstream (but really with anime that's a good thing, a couple of hidden gems aside) taste and I can dig it.

On Hold

Resume SZS, stat.

Eh, might as well finish Madoka to get the fuss, medioka ending aside.

I put E7 on hold so long (three years and a bit >_>) I'm having to rewatch it from scratch, oh well.

Dropped

Okami-san was the right decision, that went downhill FAST. Everything else seems agreeable.

PTW

Mostly new stuff here, so I can't comment, except Kihei Senki Legacies will never happen ;_; Oh and Denpateki na Kanojo isn't very good but I'm in the minority there.

I think you'd definitely like Katanagatari and Spice and Wolf, or at least it'd be worth you giving 'em a go.

Your scoring system, though, kinda suggests you don't like what you watch all that much; do you generally go for a more critical standpoint on the stuff you watch? Or do you just prefer keeping 'em bunched up and don't like what you see >_>
Jun 18, 2011 3:24 PM

Apr 2010
Ah crap, I'll do taro_sado too. Watch this space!

@taro_sado

Looking at your profile, your scoring system is simple but, IMO, very clear and apt. I like it!

Watching

HELL YEAH high scores for OreTsuba and Steins;Gate, definitely the duo of the season for me. I'm watching loads of stuff but they're the two keepers, no mistakin'.

Kuttsukiboshi should be terrible and kinda is but HOLY JEEBUS WHAT A TWIST kept me hooked, yay for waiting about a year or so for one episode; can it keep up the trolling?

Completed

Ooh, a wide range of stuff here. Love some of your tags, it seems Qwaser educated many people

I love Eden of the East but dat tag is hilarious. You didn't like the movies much, though - they seemed to disappoint some people but since I basically marathoned the whole thing I might not have had so much hype and enjoyed them.

Bakemonogatari is an advance animu though, show it to people who don't know so much about anime and yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I really loved it though, a genuine story of youth in full bloom with impressively raw emotions for what should be pandering crap.

oh snap you did not say that about rahxeph ;_; I can see you're an Eva fan though, I love it too for being one of my first anime but eh

Angel Beats, Denpateki and Haruhi are... not my favourites, but we gotta have different tastes after all.

Oh hey, I hated TTGL's Kamina too! Fractale isn't low enough, either >_>

Madoka 9? Well, most people did, siiiiiiiiigh. I can understand though, apart from that ending.

Yeah, we may diverge a bit but I do like your taste and admire the range of stuff.

On Hold

Because, you know, Koihime Musou is such a quality show mixing up the episodes will harm your enjoyment.

Dropped

Ooh, large list here. And you dropped some 7s and one understandable 8? Interesting.

Boogiepop's great, you should keep on going. Maybe read the LNs if it's all too weird though, since that will clear up basically everything.

wtf mang Shiki hair is THE BEST

Freezing's MC has enough balls as it goes on, he's just a kinda fragile guy trying to fight super-amazonesses

Geass is a barrel of laughs, that's for sure. dat Nina and dat Euphemia

Plan to Watch

Out of here I'd recommend Denpa Onna, 30-sai, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Summer Wars and Redline.

I think you might like Katanagatari if you gave that a go, maybe a bit of Tetsuwan Birdy Decode? Also, if you like yuri, check out Octave (manga), which is the best yuri ever; maybe not quite what you enjoy in it, though.

Oh, and if you want something that's amusing a la Mars of Destruction and MD Geist, Garzey's Wing, dubbed, is just the ticket.
EnderesonixJun 18, 2011 3:49 PM
Jun 18, 2011 4:17 PM

Sep 2010
@Enderesonix:

Eiken: Agreed it was a waste of time, but shouldn't it be a 2 instead cause 1 means unwatchable and you completed it not dropped it right?

Advent Children: It was a decent movie, but I personally don't think it deserves a 1 at the lowest 4.

Garzey's Wing: Epic English dub it brought tears to my eyes with its masterpiece *sniff*

Lucky Star: Well at least you completed it. I gave this pile of trash a 1 since I couldn't get past the first episode.

Haruhi Suzumiya: I sorta agree with your score of 5 pretty much because I don't see how this series deserves a 10. 7 or under I could understand, but a 10?
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jun 18, 2011 6:24 PM

Jan 2009
Enderesonix said:
@ Meh_93
RahXephon 9? Excellent. Never understood why it's anything less than an 8 on MAL, and it's one of my permanent favourites. The all-important question though - Evangelion or Rah?

I prefer Evangelion over RahXephon, probably because I watched it first and I like the whole f*ed up ending. RahXephon is still really good though.

Enderesonix said:
Is Time of Eve underrated? I'd say it's rated just right, but deserves to be better known. And no-one likes 11eyes, unless you mean even that's overrating it.

hm...just looked at the rating (8.54) and I'd say you are right. It's not underrated, but it does need more recognition. The rating must have gone up since I updated my profile (about a 1.5 yr ago)

Enderesonix said:
On Hold

Resume SZS, stat.

Eh, might as well finish Madoka to get the fuss, medioka ending aside.

I put E7 on hold so long (three years and a bit >_>) I'm having to rewatch it from scratch, oh well.

Yea, I really liked that SZS. I forget why I stopped watching it. Probably went away for the weekend and didn't want to watch a comedy when I got back. It's the next comedy on my list. As for Madoka, I'm sure I'll eventually finish it, I have most of the remaining episodes on my computer so I'm sure I'll be bored one day. E7 probably won't be resumed until I forget everything about the series and I restart it. It's been on hold for about 2 years now for me. Most of them are on hold because I got distracted while watching the series and now I don't remember most of what happened and I don't want to start the series over...

Enderesonix said:
PTW

Mostly new stuff here, so I can't comment, except Kihei Senki Legacies will never happen ;_; Oh and Denpateki na Kanojo isn't very good but I'm in the minority there.

I've seen episode 1 of Denpateki na Kanojo, but I barely remember anything that happened. Obviously it didn't leave that good of an impression if I didn't watch episode 2 lol. It's mostly new stuff because I deleted most of the list to only have the new stuff. I realized that I pick my anime based off how I'm feeling, and I usually just search through MAL and forums to find some interesting anime. I never checked my PTW list...but there are some titles on there that I will eventually watch.

Enderesonix said:
I think you'd definitely like Katanagatari and Spice and Wolf, or at least it'd be worth you giving 'em a go.

I almost watched Spice and Wolf recently, but I watched Gundam Seed and Destiny instead because I was in the mood for more action. It's on the radar though. As for Katanagatari, seen a few reviews and the MAL page. Decided to watch other anime, but I'll give it try.

Enderesonix said:
Your scoring system, though, kinda suggests you don't like what you watch all that much; do you generally go for a more critical standpoint on the stuff you watch? Or do you just prefer keeping 'em bunched up and don't like what you see >_>

My scoring system is messed up because I don't like giving out 10's unless a series completely blows me out of the water, so a lot of series that I love, like Evangelion get 9's. But the bigger problem is that I don't have something in between 7's and 8's. There are a lot of 8's on my list and I liked some of them a lot more than others. So, I think I'm gonna drop most of my low 7's to 6's and low 8's to 7's. Just so I can differentiate what series I liked better.
Meh_93Jun 18, 2011 7:21 PM
Jun 18, 2011 6:37 PM
May 2011
@Roloko.

Firstly, :( @ your opacity settings. I just highlighted the whole page to read it. ;p

Gravitation; I legitimately forgot that show even existed, somehow. Yeah, it was pretty mediocre. I seem to recall really loving the OVA, though.
Mirage of Blaze; Totally agree. From the moment the OP starts, I'm just in a 20-minute session of "wut...?"
Angel Sanctuary; Definitely would have been better if it were longer, although the acting and animation could have been spruced up even in the short form.
X/1999; Haha, it reminds me (in retrospect) to the Last Airbender film. They tried to cram every bit of the manga into an hour and a half, and it ended up being choppy and inconsistent, and the only way you could hope to understand it is if you are familiar with X.
The Spirits Within; Yeah, basically. At least Advent Children was pretty to look at, this was just a mess.
Togainu no Chi; Ugh, just terrible. Does BL ever get good anime adaptations? I really liked the manga, honestly, but this anime was really poorly produced.

Bleach; Haha, one episode? I think I gave it two or three seasons before I decided to drop it. But I knew about a few characters that interested me, so I stuck around for them.
Naruto; I managed to make it through the first series, but when Shippuden started, I just gave up.
Lucky Star; I finished it, but mostly because a few of my friends marathon'd it one night. Can't blame you for giving up, it's terrible.
abbadonhimeJun 18, 2011 6:50 PM
Jun 18, 2011 7:13 PM

Mar 2009
@ophiucha

Haruhi-yeah, this fell short for me too
TTGL-this however, did not, it's in my top 5 anime for sure. It's not a super deep anime, that's for sure, but the mood is just so infectious and fun that it absolutely stole my heart, it's one of my few 10s, have you no joy?!
Panty & Stocking-I've only seen a few eps, and it sure puts style of substance, but I like the short eps so it's entertaining enough for me to watch from time to time
Golden Boy-one of my top 7 OVAs, I laughed the whole time at this one. Sure it's totally perverse, but that's part of why it's so fun! I personally don't think gender has anything to do with enjoying it or hating it, I'm female too and loved every strange minute.
Legend of the Galactic Heroes-...well I can't say you didn't give it a fair chance if you made it past season 1, but it's my cup of tea and it's friggin amazing! Not for everyone, but those who like it really love it.
Jun 18, 2011 7:20 PM

Feb 2010
Before anyone comments on my anime, please take a look at the explanation for my ratings. Thank you and have a good day.

@FallnKnightFakir
Code Geass--Since you didn't seem to think much of it, I doubt anyone could convince you to watch R2. It's more entertaining, but I don't know if I'd call it good.

Digimon Tamers--To take a really wild guess, it's Digimon + Evangelion. I'll get back to the latter when I get to it, but for now...

Grave of the Fireflies--Was that rating because you didn't enjoy the ultra-depressing feeling, or because it failed to move you?

Eden of the East--Generally speaking, the people who weren't impressed by this were expecting a highly charged political thriller.

Neon Genesis Evangelion--The epitome of love-it-or-hate-it. The movie usually does worse off if you didn't enjoy the TV series.

Spell of the Unown--I actually found this to be the best of the first three movies. Dan Green ftw.

Princess Mononoke--Hrm. Yeah, I can't see what's there to dislike.

Serial Experiments Lain--I'm going to have to call to disagree here. It's quite good, but it's definitely not for everyone.

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time--Like Princess Mononoke, I really can't see what's there to dislike.
Kyouko_AyaseJun 18, 2011 7:41 PM
Jun 18, 2011 7:44 PM

Jan 2008
@Akito_Kinomoto

Blood: The Last Vampire - I can agree with this. It had quite a lot of potential but didn't deliver at all. I'm not sure whether it was too long for the plot it had, or too short to explain everything it should have done.

Canaan - I can agree with this somewhat. I only rated it higher due to the animation, a couple of the characters and the choreography. The plot made no sense, a lot of things didn't connect at all and everything felt rather pointless.

Code Geass R2 - Understandable. What a clusterfuck.

FLCL - I liked it myself, although I can totally see why people wouldn't like it. Very marmite as a series.

Fortune Arterial - Understandable. Annoying characters.

Ghost in the Shell - Not sure I agree with this. Admittedly it took me a couple of watches before I enjoyed it properly, but I don't think it deserves a 4.

K-ON! - Can't disagree. Decidedly average.

End of Evangelion - Wow, that's a pretty harsh ranking. I think it deserves a little higher even if just for the fight scene between Eva02 and the mass produced Evas.

Panty & Stocking - Very marmite series, so understandable that some people won't like it at all.

Umineko - Even without reading the novel I can tell this is a bit of a clusterfuck. Not quite as obvious as it was with Fate/Stay Night, but it's still noticable.

Nichijou - Ouch. It's quite a specific style of humour though, and I love it. It's a little similar to Panty & Stocking in that respect so if you didn't like one I can see you not liking the other.

Railgun - I rather liked it myself, although the last 2-3 episodes were a little bit shit. Then again, you didn't get that far, so it doesn't even matter.
SeasonreaperJun 18, 2011 7:59 PM
Jun 18, 2011 8:07 PM

Mar 2009
Akito_Kinomoto said:

@FallnKnightFakir
Grave of the Fireflies--Was that rating because you didn't enjoy the ultra-depressing feeling, or because it failed to move you?

failed to move me, in fact, I laughed because I thought its attempts to move me were just awful, I also didn't appreciate making the aunt seem like a jerk when she was the only relatable character in the whole mess. Trust me, ultra-depressing stuff isn't an obstacle for me, if it's done right, I can still adore it.

Eden of the East--Generally speaking, the people who weren't impressed by this were expecting a highly charged political thriller.

huh...hadn't thought of it that way, but that may be a good point. I was watching this as it was airing (for once), and I do like political thrillers. But at the end of the day, I just didn't like the show they put out and there's nothing wrong with subverting genres here or changing my expectations as the show goes on, I've liked plenty of shows unexpectedly for those very reasons. The series' massive and strange obsession with "Johnnies" didn't help (and I've never heard of that used as slang for the male reproductive organ, I mean, seriously? They went with that?)

Princess Mononoke--Hrm. Yeah, I can't see what's there to dislike.

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time--Like Princess Mononoke, I really can't see what's there to dislike.

For GWLTT, there wasn't much to hate, but there wasn't much for me to like either. It didn't help that I'd already seen the Digimon movie basically do the same thing but on a more epic dial-up connection with characters I liked better that had been developed through 54 episodes before hand.
For Mononoke, I hate all the "humans are evil, nature is good" sort of thing. That always pisses me off. And I'm obviously not a Ghibli fan (I used to think they were ok to be honest) and other than being pretty, I found the substance lacking. But much like GWLTT, I just didn't find much to like about it either and i don't tend to count things looking pretty as reason enough to like something.

@Seasonreaper
Animatrix-yeah, I remember the one decent ep being the one with the girl with the star on her face, but it was kinda an overall massive disappoint

Elfen Lied-I know a lot of people view this as boobs+violence, but for me it was much more than that, I felt like the boobs and violence were justified for once and it kept me addicted the whole time through.

Steamboy-yeah, I agree, only a so-so movie

Higashi no Eden-actually the OP was one of the only things I liked about the show

Basquash!-I liked this until they switched nearly the entire staff. Then I dropped it. It was kinda neat until then

Garzey's Wing-one of the best dubs in existence, makes the entire show "so bad it's good" for me (although the aimless plot, poorly written dialogue, and confusing flow of events helped that too)

Mars of Destruction-man, those are some great special effects there!
Jun 18, 2011 8:37 PM

Sep 2010
For GWLTT, there wasn't much to hate, but there wasn't much for me to like either. It didn't help that I'd already seen the Digimon movie basically do the same thing but on a more epic dial-up connection with characters I liked better that had been developed through 54 episodes before hand.

Yeah that is totally fucking nonsense weighing in attachment for Digimon characters against one-shot movie that has nothing in common with Digimon.

Sorry I really didn't want to comment in this thread of anime hell but that reason was goddamn stupid. It was almost as bad as faulting a show for using slang terms you aren't familiar with.(If Jimmy and Johnson are acceptable slang then wtf is wrong with Johnny)
Anime_NameJun 18, 2011 8:45 PM

Jun 18, 2011 9:17 PM

Mar 2009
Anime_Name said:
Yeah that is totally fucking nonsense weighing in attachment for Digimon characters against one-shot movie that has nothing in common with Digimon.

Ok, for whatever reason I was clearly thinking of Summer Wars when I wrote that, and it's the same director and they did come out closer together so oh well, I screwed up my movies. That was my reasoning for not finding Summer Wars to be the best thing evar, but I rated it a 6 since I did like it better than GWLTT so let me rephrase my complaints when it comes to GWLTT:
I thought the ending was awfuly rushed towards the end. It could've used either 10 more minutes or 10 less minutes and the ending alone brought down the whole movie like 2 pegs for me. The rest of it I only found to be so-so, I've seen far better time travel stuff anyway, GWLTT didn't really stand out and impress me very much. The characters also didn't overly stand out to me much anyway, I don't mind mysterious characters, but please make the pay off worth it. Lack of good time for character development in movies makes me mark down an awful lot of them a few pegs, GWLTT was no exception. It just wasn't anything special to me and the ending downright infuriated me.

I'm guessing that anyone who had actually seen Summer Wars as well and saw my message would have been more polite and said something like "I think you got your movies mixed up there", to which I would obviously have to admit a small screw up on my part because quite frankly I did. There's no need to be a Johnny about it, even if you hadn't seen Summer Wars yet, a simple "whuuut? I don't recall GWLTT being related to Digimon at all" would have done just fine. Against Summer Wars I think my reasoning is perfectly fine.

If you think that the reason I disliked Eden of the East was because they used the term "Johnny", then you clearly didn't read my reasoning. That was just something I found strange, strange of them to use that term when there are so many other more well known ones, by no means was it a reason for faulting the show, it had plenty of other reasons for me to do that. I certainly faulted the show for its obsession with Johnnies, but the word? A minor annoyance at best. And for using terminology I'm not familiar with? An awful lot of sci-fi series need their own damn dictionary and you don't see me complaining at a new word every episode of Doctor Who. But Eden of the East was also using English for the sake of cool, and I gotta admit they had pretty good English, but they might as well have gone all the way and picked a more common slang word.
Jun 18, 2011 10:06 PM

Sep 2010
So my post would have been better if I would have known that the reason you gave for 5ing GWLTT was actually your reasoning for Summer Wars. There's no way I could have known that was your mistake for the two sentences you put down. Even if we bring Summer Wars into it, wanting the same sort of character development you find in multi-season anime out of a 2hr movie is fucking absurd.

But Eden of the East was also using English for the sake of cool, and I gotta admit they had pretty good English, but they might as well have gone all the way and picked a more common slang word.

Common to you?
As for the obsession with Johnnies. The Johnny slayer was just the M.O for a serial killer in the series in order to create some differing personalities among the Selecao. Of course we know there has been no serial killer in history known for mutilation of their victim's sexual organs. Could the killer have been given a different MO? Sure but that would change the character just for the sake of not talking about penises.

Edit: I don't expect anyone to do my list because I don't troll with my ratings.
Anime_NameJun 18, 2011 11:16 PM

Jun 18, 2011 10:27 PM
May 2011
*looks up at the mess of an argument* Yeah... well... I'll let you guys argue.

@FallnKnightFakir, hey, good first impression with having Aang as your background. Your 10/10s turn me off (I am seriously sick of LotGH on this site), but cool.

Escaflowne, I felt the story fell through, overall, regardless of the version - but I would probably still say the tv series was better, because it got a bit further. Then again, at least the movie can use time constraints as an excuse for some of the weaker elements present in both versions.

Serial Experiments Lain, definitely overrated, though again, I wouldn't give it a 4. I think I gave it a 7? At least for the earlier episodes, I might have given it a better grade if it weren't for most of the episodes in the middle.

Gundam Wing, Can't argue with the emo assessment (or the Duo one, for that matter), but I felt like there was enough mecha to warrant a better grade. Would have liked it more without Heero and Quatre, though. And Relena, but I think that one is a given.

Little Nemo, lol.

Garzey's Wing, ah yes, so bad it's good. It's honestly surprisingly hard for me to find anime in that group. Most of it is just bad. But Garzey's is something special.

Neon Genesis Evangelion, can't say it's a favourite of mine, but I like the last few episodes. If it was just that crammed together with the movies into a better, less sensical movie, I'd probably enjoy it a fair bit.

Higashi no Eden, this one I disagree with; I just really loved this show. Not perfect, but I don't think it significantly failed in any one area, and even the ending wasn't bad, which is where a lot of shows like this fall apart from me. I gave it a 9, myself.

Ghost in the Shell, can't blame you for this one, either. I found it to be pretty boring - and I say this as a big fan of Shirow Masamune - though I gotta say, I really love the OP to this one. Probably only finished it so I could keep listening to that. ;p

Grave of the Fireflies, "one of the worst movies, anime or not, ever made" seems harsh. Not saying you're wrong in thinking it's bad -- I found it to be a good film, but I see where you're coming from -- but one of the worst, ever? I'd just have to think you've not seen enough movies to say that.

All of the Hayao Miyazaki films,
- Princess Mononoke, my least favourite of his works. I'll start by saying I think Miyazaki makes great characters and Ghibli animates better than most big name studios making movies. But story-wise, I can go a few ways. Mononoke is beautiful, but I agree, preachy as hell.
- Kiki's Delivery Service, on the other hand, is untouchable.
- Spirited Away, I really didn't like this one for a while, but it grew on me. Could have done without the main girl - Chihiro, was it? - and her parents.
- Howl's Moving Castle, I didn't think it was bad, but it does lose points as an adaptation. I'm a big fan of Diana Wynn Jones.
abbadonhimeJun 18, 2011 10:47 PM
Jun 18, 2011 11:09 PM

Mar 2009
Pfft, nah, I'm done arguing. I said I thought of the wrong movie and it's not like I expect everyone to be clairvoyant, just to have some basic level of respect for other people when pointing out that they may have been wrong, which I totally was, without flying off the deep end. I wasn't mad that my mistake was pointed out, I'm only human, more that I was implied to be "goddamn stupid" as a result of it. I admitted my mistake and fixed my reasoning, the end.
And now to get on with this lovely thread!

@ophiucha

somehow I missed some of yours, unless you updated your list or something, so I've more to comment on, yay!

Excel Saga-I couldn't get past like 6 eps on this one, it actually moved too slowly for me and didn't put in enough actually good jokes. I think I gave it a 4 too, except y'know, I dropped it instead of finishing it. Not even the type of comedy I'd watch with a group of friends, that could only be Garzey's Wing for me.

Little Nemo-lol, the animation was pretty good, Nostalgia Critic actually just did a review of this, did you see it?

Hetalia-I watched a few eps of this in an anime club. I could see it being fun for like 7 eps but getting real old real fast. I don't quite get the obsession with this show and I loathed chibi-talia

Cubix-I have extremely vague memories of this, mostly of it having the most hideous transforming robot on the face of the planet and being kinda bad. Nothing I plan to revisit anything soon, I assure you. Wasn't the robot made of these weird shaped bricks that could connect together in new hideous and blocky ways? That's what I recall

Escaflowne movie-well it was certainly pretty and believe it or not I liked it better than the series (it was much shorter) but I wouldn't fault anyone for disliking the movie. Actually you didn't rate the series very highly either now that I scroll up.

Tales from Earthsea-I so want this movie to be good since I'm like 3/4ths the way through the book and it's kinda awesome but I just know it won't be *sigh*
Jun 20, 2011 9:04 AM

Jan 2009
@ FallnKnightFakir

Code Geass and Neon Genesis Evangelion(5) → that hurts.....two of my favorite series of all time. What didn't you like about them? I can see not liking Evangelion because of the characters, but Code Geass a 5? I disagree, I don't really see how you can give it below a 6 because it had a lot of things to like, so if you didn't like something, there was always something else to pay attention to.

Kara no Kyoukai: Garden of Sinners → I didn't think the first movie was very special, but it gets a lot better as you watch all the movies.

Grave of the Fireflies → 1? I wouldn't say it's that bad, but I didn't think it was as moving as people said it was.
Jun 20, 2011 9:59 AM

Nov 2008
@Meh_93:

I have only seen 2 of those, and I didn't complete either, so...

Naruto: I see that the manga is one of your favorites. Is it that much better than the anime? Not that it makes much difference to me, as I'm pretty neutral on this.

Seto no Hanayome: Agreed. I don't see what's so funny or hilarious about this anime.

Somewhat off-topic:
Seasonreaper said:

Nichijou - Ouch. It's quite a specific style of humour though, and I love it. It's a little similar to Panty & Stocking in that respect so if you didn't like one I can see you not liking the other.
Why do you think that? I dislike the humour in Panty & Stocking, but I have rather enjoyed what I have seen of Nichijou so far. I also like Potemayo, which seems to be somewhere in-between the two as far as humour is concerned, even if the animation isn't as hectic/awesome as the other two, though.
Current FAL Ranking + Previous best::
[
Jun 20, 2011 1:37 PM

Apr 2010
@ Marquis

Geezus, thats a lot shared... 105. U basically have 95% of my list and it barely makes up a fraction of yours. Well anyways here we go.

Huh... not a fan of comedy huh... no wait, you liked zetusbou sensei and cromartie high. Fine then your not a fan of typial Japanese slapstick.

.hack gift: I thought it did quite a nice parody of the main cast. It was just a one episode short so it didn't do anything amazng but I thought it did well for what it had.
Baka to test Sad =T... But if its not your kind of comedy then its not worth watching i guess. Still think it deserves a better score than something like Akikan.
Basquash and Beelzebub Deserve that
Dragonball G.T A festering pile of crap, but still far from ABSOLUTE aweful. Still, I agree its not worth watching
Elemental Gelade nooooo you dastard. Not really, but still 4 is low imo.
FF Advent Children Deserves it
Full Metal Alchemist REALLY? I thought it was a great show but I'm actually kind of relieved to see somebody hates it finds it average at best. It is overrated still...
Green Green Probably deserved that
Gundam Wing I don't know why... but I'm kind of surprised you gave this a lower score than SEED (I agree though). I haven't watched the show since childhood, so maybe if I rewatched it I would rate it lower.
RaXephon Only mecha i've really enjoyed so far =T... Oh well
Tonagura Ahhh. Poor tonagura... But I can understand that it has a number of faults.
Toradora Hahahaha, yes overrated to the core. 2 is probably a bit harsh but it was still bad!

And thats just a few... Hmmmmm still I agree with a good number of your grades, you just set everything a few points lower than I do. Meh,comes down to how heavily a person weighs the numbers I guess.
leingodf8Jun 20, 2011 1:52 PM
Jun 21, 2011 3:05 AM
May 2011
@leingod,

Toradora!, I liked a lot of elements of this, but the characters were definitely it's biggest flaw. The overall atmosphere let me give it a few points, though.

Advent Children, I gave it points for graphics, soundtrack, and having a fight between Cloud and the proper Sephiroth (instead of just Kadaj or whatever his name is). The three quasi-Sephiroths were a major detractor, though.

Fruits Basket, the manga is better, but if it's the characters you didn't like, then... idk. I only really liked Tohru and Ayame, but I thought it was excellent, even the anime.

Kobato., it's lack luster for the production put into it and the names attached, but I thought it was okay.

Soul Eater, I really liked this show -- but I think it would have been better if it were aimed at an older audience. Seinen instead of shonen.

Mahou Sensei Negima!, do you have something against big casts? ;p Not a great show, but most of the improvements of Negima?! and the manga are unrelated to the size of the cast (actually, I think they have more characters, so...).

Shakugan no Shana, very pretty, but it lacks a lot of substance. The story is okay, but the characters are all phenomenally boring.
Jun 21, 2011 10:10 AM

Feb 2011
golden boy gets a 1? but you gave sailor moon a 7? am i missing something here? i really don't know what half of the shit on you list even is so i can't comment on it.
FOR THE RECORD: I DON'T SUPPORT THE TROOPS!
Jun 21, 2011 10:31 AM

Jan 2009
@ paganjihadist

Darker than Black → Just one gem you've dropped.

Elfen Lied → ...how is this yaoi...? There's naked girls in almost every episode and there's only one guy character.

Mushishi → a 1? And you only gave it one episode? I disagree with this...

Naruto → understandable, the filler and cliche is a killer

You've dropped a lot of good series and classified them all as yaoi....when they're not...
Jun 21, 2011 11:27 AM

Feb 2011
Meh_93 said:
@ paganjihadist

Darker than Black → Just one gem you've dropped.

. i hate the main character

Elfen Lied → ...how is this yaoi...? There's naked girls in almost every episode and there's only one guy character.

naked girls are cool if i actually like the naked girls!.....i hate hate hate this show
boring overrated "oh but i has violence" i wanted to like this show but i couldn't

Mushishi → a 1? And you only gave it one episode? I disagree with this...

ok so i really didn't like the first episode and dropped it but my wife was mad so i watched the entire series and have changed my opinion....hahaha...i ust haven't updated my list in a long time

Naruto → understandable, the filler and cliche is a killer

You've dropped a lot of good series and classified them all as yaoi....when they're not...

darker than black is yaoi.they just don't show it on screen otherwise it would be considered to be hentai!

EMO EXTREME YAOI HENTAI.
FOR THE RECORD: I DON'T SUPPORT THE TROOPS!
Jun 21, 2011 4:02 PM

Mar 2009
Guwah, who do I comment on? I'll just do both :P

@Meh_93
Gotta go to your dropped list too?
Naruto-well i'm pro pirate (due to Monkey Island, not Johnny Depp) but fillllervilllle!
ummm, sorry, dunno your others :(

@paganjihasist
seems i gotta go with your dropped list here
Ruroni Kenshin-meh, the manga didn't honestly impress me much, and the first arc is only more painfully boring to me. The Kyoto arc is slightly better.

Mushi-shi-I personally love mushi-shi, but a lot of people think it's slow. Maybe try one more ep? Just pick a random one, your favorite number between 1 and 26 and go for it.

Gankutsuou-hmmm, a bit emo, but not as emo as you think. And what is it with labeling everything yaoi, d you have some hidden psychological issues here? I wasn't a fan of Gankutsuou either, but it was due to the visuals making my eyes want to bleed.

Elfen Lied-also not a yoai, I really liked this one anyhow. I liked both the violence and the drama. If you want to put a label on it, though, maybe "ecchi"? I don't see how you can say you're not cool with naked girls when you clearly like Golden Boy (which I also really liked) and Golden Boy has 1 shot naked girls. Sure, I found Nyu kinda annoying too, but Lucy is just awesome!
Jun 21, 2011 6:52 PM

Jun 2009
@fakir

the fact you gave serial experiments lain, princess mononoke, and spirited away low scores saddens me :(

then again i'm rather glad to find someone who's given code geass not a 10.

4 for escaflowne? only saw half of it, but i like what i saw

grave of the fire lies a 1.........what
"everyone knows that the last toes are always the coldest to go."

Telavators-the mars volta
Jun 21, 2011 8:40 PM

Nov 2010
@Lordcrab86
This Ugly Yet Beautiful World
still have to watch it but not realy high hopes (just want to discover good romance drama's)

Gift: Eternal Rainbow
same as above. tough have some higher hopes for this one

Air in Summer
i liked Air tv but still haven't got to watching this (and again no high hopes)

Kimi ga Nozomu Eien
whuuuuut??? :D i loved this anime :D so yeah disagreed on this (alltough i liked the endig they did in season 2 more but it was actualy a alt. ending)

rest doesn't ring a bell

dropped:

Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan
finished it but yeah nothing to see here haha

Suzuka
also on my ptw list and somewhat high hopes (you didn't rate it yet)

Seitokai no Ichizon
first i tought this was a boring attempt to best "Seitokai Yakuindomo" but ichizon was release first. think i dropped it around the same episode where i realy tought god this is BORING. i skipped some eps to see if it got better but it was like i was watching the same crap over and over haha
Jun 22, 2011 6:46 AM

Jun 2009
@kickthebucket
well...that's kinda pointless. There's only one show in your list with a score below 5. At least I know that one.
Bokura ga Ita - Agreed, I thought it was really boring and I disliked the characters, they all acted so stupid. (maybe 3 is a bit too low, though)
Jun 22, 2011 3:16 PM

Jun 2009
@Tharand:

didn't get all of the shows you listed 5 or lower because 1) most of them i haven't seen and 2) i'm an impatient prick.

agent aika 3-saw a bit of it a long time ago, can't really say on it
dokuro-chan 4-agreed
DN angel 5-a personal favorite XD
dearS 5-again, agreed
gift: eternal rainbow 4-half agreed, only because i partially enjoyed it
grenadier 5-another personal favorite
ikki tousen: dragon destiny 3-it's better than the first season IMO
kanokon 3- deserves it :/
hell girl 5-agreed somewhat, only saw 2 episodes, didn't care for it.
koihime musou 4-wasn't that bad personally
love love? 3-yeah not really that good
maburaho 2- rather decent, though the ending sucked
mars of destruction 1- no comment XD
midori days 5-same with maburaho although a bit better
to love ru 5-yeah....not that good

Jun 22, 2011 4:13 PM

Apr 2010
@lordcrab86

I must say, you have amazing taste good sir.

Air Gear: Agreed, the anime was kind of lame. The manga isnt... that much better, but at least its going to. well... END
Dokuro-chan: Soo agreed. Couldn't even make it through episode 1 of that
DearS: Somewhat agreed. 4 feels a bit harsh but meh, not a great show
Minami-ke: Some of the most annoying characters of all time...
Rosario+Vampire: personally think it deserves a lower score than dears. Still bad show.
Jun 22, 2011 4:16 PM

Dec 2008
@ Lordcrab86 I'm pretty sure i've only seen these two anime out of all your low rated ones

Rosario + Vampire 5 - I mean its ecchi but I like vampires and I like the animation so I have to disagree with your rating
School Days 1- I completely agree with your rating and you have an awesome list btw

@ leingodf8 we have low compatability =\

Appleseed (2004) 5 - I though the cell shaded movie deserved better than a 4 but thats just me
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children 5- Final fantasy is awesome, and advent children was made great in my opinion
Kimikiss Pure Rouge - OMFG don't
Minami-ke - Was very cute and enjoyable =\ sad you didnt like it
Rosario + Vampire 2- it was very amusing even the second season =\
Zero no Tsukaima: Futatsuki no Kishi 5- had strong main characters and very enjoyable..

ImaVampireJun 22, 2011 4:23 PM
Jun 22, 2011 4:47 PM

Oct 2009
@ImaVampire

Unknown Compatability. Oo boy you don't rate a lot of your shows

Akane Iro: I can see how someone would disslike it or think it is just 'ok' but I enjoyed it

Haruhi Suzumiya: One of my favorite animes but it does have a varying side of love hate people.

School Days: School days is dispicable, which is why for me makes it so good
Jun 22, 2011 5:27 PM

Jun 2009
@scul:

pretty minimal for this one.

digimon (season 1=5, season 2=4) and the movie=4. very nostalgic for me lol

bleach 5- after 2 episodes? then again, with way the show is going, you're better off with keeping bleach dropped.
FF7: advent children 4- a fun film for me....
maburaho 5- wasn't that bad, though started to tank in the end
soul eater 5- one of the few people i've come across who didn't enjoyed soul eater, kinda surprised.

Jun 22, 2011 5:42 PM

Jun 2010
@Lordcrab86

School Days - Yeah, I seriously had trouble watching it at some points. It's really a bad Axe commercial.

Highschool of the Dead: Drifters of the Dead - It's disappointing that they just went for fanservice.

That's all that I've seen from your list at 5 or under.
Jun 22, 2011 5:57 PM

Jun 2010
@9ine

Angel Beats!-really? I thought it was one of the best last year :/

Code Geass-i would almost consider this as a current classic that everyone must watch and thought it was great with an interesting plot and story development...

K-ON!-i really liked this but i guess it would be understandable to rate it low if you disliked slice-of-life anime

School Days-i really liked this one just to follow how Makoto would deal with things...which ended up in his death but it was still a good story

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu (2009)- despite the endless eight i found this to be pretty stellar

those are the ones that really stood out to me...
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Criticism You Don't Understand. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

73 by Piromysl »»
6 seconds ago

» Is there any specific setting or theme you’re biased to

nishant0 - 8 hours ago

10 by zckfox »»
2 minutes ago

» Best Trap Character in Anime? ( 1 2 )

GoatPieceLuffy - 4 hours ago

87 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
3 minutes ago

» Why are so many ecchi enjoyers overweight?

EverRealm - 4 hours ago

25 by Coaghim »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » What tropes do you find the most annoying in a protagonist?

ZeroMajor12 - Yesterday

19 by luckyrune »»
9 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.