Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 7, 2010 12:28 AM

Dec 2010
Nice episode. But I hope they change the pattern of the show because it's getting repititive. Not to mention the fight fights are getting boring. I hope Sakana-chan comes back soon because I miss her song. =(
Dec 7, 2010 7:59 AM

Jun 2009
Man, they're twisting all those phases, i'm confused. But leaving that aside, baseball match was just great, i lol'd few times and it was overally enjoyable. Mizuno's very cute too~. ^^
Fight was... meh. It's really getiing repetitive, but at least we've got some Mizuno singing to it, so i can overlook it, this time.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Dec 7, 2010 9:49 AM

Aug 2009
EvianBubble said:
OK, so I still don't get what first, second, third phases are. It was NEVER EXPLAINED CLEARLY ... is ALL IT IS is an ability you can use outside of zero time? Is that IT? O_O

It was explained very clearly what they were. They said it out loud in the first few episodes.
AmberFebruary said:
geez, what is ''Third Phase''?

in episode 9, Stick Star said he could have won in a fair fight. (second phase vs. takuto in third phase)

Back in episode 2, they've commented how smooth Tauburn moves because it is in third phase.

First Phase=human proportion abilities usable outside of zero time.
Second Phase=CYBERCASKET and controlling a Cybody mechanically
Third Phase=Riding a Cybody like Takuto, no controls, with the Tauburn immitating all his moves.

What he said. Also, just in case, they said that fourth phase is being able to use Cybody's in the real world, outside of Zero Time.
Dec 7, 2010 10:11 AM

Oct 2007
So where the explanation to why Takuto seems to know everything yet know nothing? Don't tell me that his grandpa told him to cheat and jump to lvl3 and pull shit out of hi ass like no tomorrow, just to own everyone for the sake Igarashi knows.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Dec 7, 2010 10:32 AM

Aug 2009
yea they haven't even shown Takuto's past on how he got the mark and stuff. Like also who are the two people with Takuto in the photo he has. I think all of this will be shown once his dad appears or something.
Dec 7, 2010 10:43 AM

Jul 2010
Siva said:
So where the explanation to why Takuto seems to know everything yet know nothing? Don't tell me that his grandpa told him to cheat and jump to lvl3 and pull shit out of hi ass like no tomorrow, just to own everyone for the sake Igarashi knows.

level 3 oh god is mentioned already in episode one just as soon Takuto rode Tauburn

why takuto is in level 3? because he has the ''TAW'' mark in his chest, the same as what happened with Sugata, also with a mark in his chest, when he took over Scarlet's Peshent in episode 8, he controlled it in level 3 phase.

and back in episode 3 when Head is talking to Takashi after the fight, he mentioned ''how does it feel to fight in the Cybercasket even though you have the mark?'' showing that the mark in his chest can enable him to fight in a Cybody w/o the use of Cybercasket like Takuto.

and nothing is revealed yet about Takuto's past, his grandpa, and those persons in the picture in his watch and in the pictures on his room's table.
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Dec 7, 2010 10:43 AM

Aug 2009
Siva said:

That we will have to wait until we know about Takuto's past and how he learned how to fight from his grandfather.
Dec 7, 2010 1:20 PM

Jun 2010
This is getting more & more boring.
Dec 7, 2010 1:53 PM

Dec 2009
Can someone please tell my why Sugata's personality changed? Is it really the kiss? It doesn't seem so.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Dec 7, 2010 8:51 PM

Jul 2008
Ok this show would be awesome if not because of the unfitting music and the reused scene.
New song was nice and all but I think that the scene seemed weird with it, because the song would fit another mood.
Dec 8, 2010 10:52 AM

May 2010
liked this ep..

not much not-so-good scenes. :P

so, takuto is supposed to be as bishie as sugata? i find sugata more attractive, thank you very much.. hahaha.. yeah he's ginga bishonen, but that doesn't mean he'll be on top of my list, :P

i miss fish girl.. i think i liked her song better.. but then, i think mizuno's song will grow on me.. :))
Dec 8, 2010 1:06 PM
Jul 2010
Great episode.

Marow said:
Can someone please tell my why Sugata's personality changed? Is it really the kiss? It doesn't seem so.

The kiss probably had no effect because he only loves Wako. The change is probably because Takuto beat him in the fight and proved that he is worthy to protect Wako and someone to be trusted.
Dec 8, 2010 5:19 PM
Jul 2018
1. I love the new song, but not as good as Monochrome, and it did not fit with the battle (still a great song)

2. These battles are far too short and repetitious, give me more of the sugata vs. takuto type fights.

3. I love the romance and mizuno is now officially better than wako. Her sister is growing on me as well.
Dec 8, 2010 11:29 PM

Nov 2009
Woohoo new battle song! But I still think Sakana chan's song was better.
Dec 10, 2010 11:36 PM
Mar 2010
Marow said:

I believe his personality hasn't changed per se, but rather, it has been revealed. He seems to be a prideful person and hates losing, especially to Takuto.
Recent examples: At the end of this very episode, Sugata says, "You only need a backup in baseball," or something similar to this. Also, for the last two episdoes, in which he is now able to go inside the Zero Time(?), he attempts to interrupt the battle by trying to summon his Cyberbody, only to be stopped by Wako.
Dec 11, 2010 2:17 PM

May 2009
The best part of the episode: getting to hear Maaya Sakamoto ;X
Dec 16, 2010 12:34 PM

Nov 2008
I thought this episode was good and I really like Mizuno. I really think she and Takuto would make a better couple. I like Wako too, but I prefer Mizuno and Takuto.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Jan 11, 2011 1:50 AM

Nov 2010
i've liked mizuno since her first appearance ;3;

Sugata is in a bit of a hurry to use King's Pillar, eh?
Jan 12, 2011 8:01 AM

Jul 2009
Ugh. I really dislike the twins. Mizuno is your textbook anime bubble-head girl, and Marino has, really, no personality besides liking all the same things Mizuno likes. The magic spells aren't cute, they're gimmick-y.

I really, really miss Fish Girl and "Monochrome." ;_;

Keito/Ivrogne is Sugata and Wako's childhood friend? Interesting...! I wonder how she feels being "replaced" in the trio by Takuto? I, too, am beginning to speculate she is the fourth Maiden.

Oh, well. Thank goodness for MORE Mrs. Watanabe next episode! Fingers crossed she is the boss battle we wait all 26 eps for. She is so cool/sexy/sultry.
Jan 27, 2011 4:03 PM

Jul 2010
Uh oh twins love lol
Feb 1, 2011 1:05 AM

May 2008
that ending was awesome: "we always like the same things" yeeeahhh
Feb 10, 2011 1:47 PM

Oct 2009
Feb 22, 2011 10:55 AM

Aug 2010
Katami, Wakachita, Yagadanse ;)
Apr 16, 2011 3:36 AM

Aug 2009
WHERE'S MY MONOCHROME, THAT'S LIKE THE BEST THING ABOUT THIS SHOW
Sep 19, 2011 5:57 PM

Jul 2010
"after all, we like the same things"
"..........O SHIT"
i think thats what went thru her mind when her sis said that.
tinman21 said:

Damn, about Marino.. why did I just notice this now..

magical girls had that pose WAY longer than these glittering goons, lol
Inarius said:
omg...Takuto's a chick magnet....as expected for a shounen protagonist.

than what about Tsuna from hitman reborn? he certainly wishes for it to happen though, lol

Mar 25, 2012 3:30 PM
Mar 2012
Good episode but I hope they spice up the fighting a bit cause right now it's fairly repetitive.
Apr 24, 2013 9:21 PM
Aug 2011
I like Mizuno but i'm getting tired of the repetitiveness.
Jun 20, 2013 10:13 PM

Jan 2013
They need to bring back Fish girl...
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Aug 24, 2013 8:38 AM
May 2012
I like Marino more than Mizuno.
Mar 6, 2014 6:08 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

* Screams loudly * Apprivoise!!!... Now what happens? Give me a chibi Takuto? XD
Episode nice, well managed in the narrative until the fateful clash, oh well.
Technical and design level.
Plot? Tsk, does not advance an inch! ^^ "
Not bad OST, also the priestess of the West sings well.
Sep 9, 2014 2:37 PM

May 2012
While I'm definitely not a fan of sport episodes, I actually quite liked this one! Let's see what's next though.
Apr 19, 2016 6:30 PM

Aug 2015
Baddy of the week format is getting old really quickly
May 6, 2016 11:21 PM

Mar 2014
I always thought having a new character introduced is refreshing . Still ever ~ .
Oh .. romance .. I didn't know that you were there .. but as of now , I KNOW IT .
Great episode . The first half and "It be okay" part ~ .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 1, 2016 3:22 PM

Mar 2016
MIZUNO'S SONG WAS SO BEAUTIFUL.

It could never replace Monochrome, but her song is so cheerful and whimsical just like her nature! I absolutely LOVE IT.

If Mizuno does not end up with Takuto, I will be very VERY upset.

The baseball game was a lot of fun and I enjoyed the engrish along with it.
Wako doesn't seem to be interested in Takuto romantically very much. At least I hope this is the case. Cause then poor suga-chan would be alone.

The last line about the two sisters always liking the same thing was heavy. I liked it.

Nice, nice!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 20, 2017 12:54 AM

Jul 2008
And now Marino likes Takuto.

I wish everything wasn't so predictable.
Oct 5, 2017 7:27 AM
Jul 2018
No the new song the new pinks wasn't my liking at all. But the battle was amazing.

I can see a possible love polygon out here! I think on the other hand I can also foresee what can see due to this and that.

Apr 10, 2021 1:24 PM

Feb 2012
Opening with a bassball game. One of the Kiraboshi members just used Cybody powers during it...

The battle in this episode was really cool. So Mizuno, who is also a shrine maiden, can also sing to activate zero time? Or is it actually just activated by the electric bier and characters have been singing coincidentally when it happens, just to give music to the fight scenes?

Weren't just for show, the back skirt of Tauburn consists of remote weapons like funnels from Gundam. So awesome.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HawthorneKitty - Jan 23, 2011

130 by HerdianElang »»
Apr 8, 8:28 PM

Poll: » Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Oct 31, 2010

135 by Etherius_ZS »»
Jan 17, 5:33 PM

» This anime have some kind of boys love?

Kuku_Kill - Feb 11, 2023

6 by Ronninn »»
Feb 11, 2023 4:20 PM

Poll: » Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HawthorneKitty - Jan 30, 2011

102 by notbraxten »»
Sep 1, 2022 1:56 AM

Poll: » Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

HawthorneKitty - Apr 3, 2011

242 by Alvie48xi »»
Aug 30, 2022 8:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.