Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 4, 2010 11:23 AM
May 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
i like it
Oct 4, 2010 11:41 AM

Dec 2007
Damn. It's out already but I can't set it as "watching". -.-
Oct 4, 2010 11:53 AM

Nov 2007

Kanade-chan said:
Damn. It's out already but I can't set it as "watching". -.-

Me neither (it happened to me with Arakawa yesterday, too, and other anime), because the status is "Not yet aired", you have to wait until tomorrow (the day that showed in the database) to change it.
tsubasaloverOct 4, 2010 11:57 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 4, 2010 12:11 PM

Dec 2007
oh arigatou ne tsubasa chan ^^ then I wait till tomorrow~

funny storyline though ^^
Oct 4, 2010 12:18 PM
Nov 2008
LOL i sure laughed....looks cute and funny...and i see alot of romance..:3:3 some action too..think i'm gonna like it.
Oct 4, 2010 12:18 PM

Nov 2008
It's reminding me of Sakura Wars mixed with Inuyasha. I really liked the set up of the characters and such, nice OP and ED too.
Oct 4, 2010 12:32 PM
Nov 2008
The scene where Kei was running all terrified and asked for Zakuro to accompany him to the outhouse was...lmfao..LOL...
Oct 4, 2010 12:44 PM

Feb 2010
Meh, it was ok but I don't think it can compete with the other animes that recently started airing.
Oct 4, 2010 12:45 PM

Aug 2009
mel-hime said:
The scene where Kei was running all terrified and asked for Zakuro to accompany him to the outhouse was...lmfao..LOL...

Lol, that part was pretty darn funny.This show could turn out pretty good I guess. Funny story, but not sure about the rest yet.

Screenshots:

Kuro4735Oct 4, 2010 6:48 PM

Oct 4, 2010 12:55 PM

Nov 2008
That was one bewitching part to open an episode. I kind of liked it.. like it was chanting.
And then, bam! A sphere opening, not bad. But it's definitely a JC Staff show alright. Already one minute in and we get a not-so-amused tsun-girl + Hanazawa..~

EDIT: After reading about 'expectations': I think it will be one of my most anticipated shows every week, actually. Next to Index and Imouto, of course. And I want a Riken myself.
desolatoOct 4, 2010 1:26 PM
Oct 4, 2010 12:57 PM

Nov 2009
mel-hime said:

Yup, That scene was hilarious. XD
Oct 4, 2010 1:15 PM

Sep 2009
Rhypo said:
I don't think it can compete with the other animes that recently started airing.
Well this is true.

Nice OP and ED.
The song during the exorcism thing is sort of pretty.
For some reason, Zakuro just looks funny. It must be her overloaded ribbon style.
Will be watching only for the romance.
ValentilnOct 4, 2010 1:22 PM
Oct 4, 2010 1:22 PM

May 2009
And what other anime are you talking about? I didn't know there was another supernatural love comedy starting this season. And if there is none, it's stupid to compare it with something from differenet genre.
Oct 4, 2010 1:27 PM

Aug 2009
I liked it a lot. I like Youkai in general so I was gonna watch this anyway.
Oct 4, 2010 1:36 PM

Jun 2009
It's really good. I mean it's nice. At least the main girl/guy character doesn't act like Misaki and Usui in Maid-sama. It's nice to see Youkai theme anime :3

Oct 4, 2010 1:36 PM

Jan 2010
This series seems promising, I liked it.
Oct 4, 2010 1:38 PM

Feb 2010
viral_hun said:
And what other anime are you talking about? I didn't know there was another supernatural love comedy starting this season. And if there is none, it's stupid to compare it with something from differenet genre.
compare=/= compete

Apr 2010
Wasn't expecting much from this and this episode confirmed that for me.
Still it does have some interesting points so hopefully the next episodes will be better.

Apr 2010
Wasn't expecting much from this and this episode confirmed that for me.
Still it does have some interesting points so hopefully the next episodes will be better.
Oct 4, 2010 1:40 PM

Nov 2008
Unexpectedly good one, I think. I liked the exorcism song.
And these little pumpkins are like the cutest things I have seen in my life. >w<
Oct 4, 2010 1:49 PM

Mar 2010
Pretty much excellent for my tastes , not another school setting and great plot

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 4, 2010 1:50 PM

Jun 2008
entertaining enough for me to continue watching, good first episode in my opinion.
Oct 4, 2010 1:55 PM

Sep 2009
Rhypo said:
viral_hun said:
compare=/= compete
Thank you. People just don't get it sometimes.
Oct 4, 2010 2:08 PM

Oct 2007
Looks promising and nice animation - look forward to the upcoming episodes.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 4, 2010 2:08 PM

Aug 2010
I think this may end up being one of my favorites this season. I like the animation style and the characters. I like that there are Youkai and the song they do during an exorcism or whatever they're doing is pretty and I really like it. The soliders are definite eye candy and they are paired up well with the girls. Overall it seems like it's gonna be a fun show to watch.
Oct 4, 2010 2:19 PM

Nov 2009
I leave my first impressions to the episodes themselves not the summary. Was really confused to see a rom/com appear after the opening scene with the gushing blood. However, it was very enjoyable, and the characters are better than average from what we have seen so far. Although that little kid is rather annoying =P
Oct 4, 2010 2:24 PM

Sep 2009
Looks cute :)
TIME TO LIVE FOREVER BABY!

http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=19549
Please join if you love Asian Cinema :)
Oct 4, 2010 2:27 PM

Feb 2008
I actually really enjoyed this episode. I loved the art style, and the characters are good too. Looking forward to the next episode.
Oct 4, 2010 2:55 PM

Sep 2009
This is quite possibly the most generic shoujo I have ever seen. Honestly, this kind of crap is the sort of thing Ouran makes fun of. You can instantaneously fit every single character into an archetype: The handsome guy, the stoic, the shota, the tsundere, the shy girl, and the mischievous twins. It's pathetic. The premise is also just ridiculously half assed, as though it were the lovechild of Hakuouki and Nurarihyon no Mago, combining every piece of generic cliché from both to create a series so unoriginal that I had to double check to make sure Deen didn't make this.
Oct 4, 2010 3:10 PM

Aug 2008
LaAmaya said:
Unexpectedly good one, I think. I liked the exorcism song.
And these little pumpkins are like the cutest things I have seen in my life. >w<

I love the exorcism song, seems so "traditional sounding" (hoping to be clear, dunno how to say it myself)
And the little pumpkins *O*
Oct 4, 2010 3:14 PM

Apr 2010
Strange, but I liked it.

Oct 4, 2010 3:14 PM

Jul 2010
This is my shit. I love these types of shows.

This seasons going to be awesome for anime.
Oct 4, 2010 3:47 PM
May 2009
It looks like it has quite a bit of potential, great first episode
Oct 4, 2010 3:51 PM

Feb 2009
I almost skip that one lol he's scared shitless! Couldn't stop laughing.
Oct 4, 2010 3:56 PM
Dec 2008
Perfect show for me.
Oct 4, 2010 3:59 PM

Oct 2007
Lind_L_Tailor said:
This is quite possibly the most generic shoujo I have ever seen. Honestly, this kind of crap is the sort of thing Ouran makes fun of. You can instantaneously fit every single character into an archetype: The handsome guy, the stoic, the shota, the tsundere, the shy girl, and the mischievous twins. It's pathetic. The premise is also just ridiculously half assed, as though it were the lovechild of Hakuouki and Nurarihyon no Mago, combining every piece of generic cliché from both to create a series so unoriginal that I had to double check to make sure Deen didn't make this.
This is no offense, but does an anime have to be Original and Masterpiece to be watchable or what?

And on the other hand, why are picking on Deen? Or do you think Deen is the only company that ever make a shitty show?

And to some other people here, Are you guys watching an anime to compare/compete with another anime or what? I just don't get it. Whether you think of a show is good or bad and want to watch it or not, is up to you. But why saying something like "it can not compete with the other animes" is just make no fu*king sense to me. I mean who care about it? Or maybe you just want people to know that you are only watching awesome/masterpiece shows?

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Oct 4, 2010 4:24 PM

Sep 2009
Siva said:
Lind_L_Tailor said:
This is no offense, but does an anime have to be Original and Masterpiece to be watchable or what?

And on the other hand, why are picking on Deen? Or do you think Deen is the only company that ever make a shitty show?

Not necessarily, but here it's a serious failing point.

As for Deen, both of the previous shows I mentioned were by Deen, the animation feels a lot like their style, and overall this seems like the kind of crap Deen so often produce.
Oct 4, 2010 4:36 PM
Feb 2010
The bloned-hair guy tried so hard lol (kinda sympathize with him).

And another tsundere ~_~.

Lind_L_Tailor said:

Lol somehow i agree with the archetype comment, it looks so cliched. Is this the cliched cast for a rom-com or smth? Dun rmb, but the resemblance is obviously there.

I dun agree with the comments after that part though.

Lind_L_Tailor said:

As for Deen, both of the previous shows I mentioned were by Deen, the animation feels a lot like their style, and overall this seems like the kind of crap Deen so often produce.

Firstly, I believe that this anime is adapted from a manga, so why is Deen involved in this? Yeah, they may be the ones to pick titles to do (should be) but if you're talking about the storyline (if you are ), then why blame the studio doing the series? Unless you've read the manga and the adaptation was seriously off. I've seen Deen works but I dun see anything obvious with their animation. In fact the animation quite similar to Kaichou wa Maid-Sama, another work by J.C. Staff, IMO.

And I dun think it's the " lovechild of Hakuouki and Nurarihyon no Mago". I watched both but the feel is rather different. This series starts with some subtle romanticism while the other 2 started off on a solemn note. Moreover, this series has more comedy and a light feel than the other two. Just because there are similar types of characters (e.g. shota, tsundere etc.) in this Otome series doesn't mean it's the lovechild of "Hakuouki and Nurarihyon no Mago".

And most importantly, pls dun make such a heavy judgment on this show just after ep 1. There are plenty of shows that shine after ep 1, e.g. Ookami-san ....
DunkjoeOct 4, 2010 4:56 PM
Oct 4, 2010 4:38 PM

Aug 2009
The only thing that I really enjoyed about this was the amazing chant. Those few seconds were fantastic. All the rest.... easily forgettable. I admit I laughed at some jokes... but I can't find anything special in this, at least yet.
2/5
“In a mad world, only the mad are sane.”Akira Kurosawa
Oct 4, 2010 4:56 PM

Sep 2009
This show isn't really doing it for me...I'll watch a bit more to see if it picks up, but all of the characters seem so 2-D and flat...Especially those twins. Do they do anything else but fawn and giggle and hold hands? -_- Ughhh. It has a few redeeming qualities like some of the spirit designs and the exorcism song thing, so I'll try not to be too cynical. >_<

Anime Blog Writer For: METANORN (Currently blogging: Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica, Fractale, Tegami Bachi REVERSE)
Oct 4, 2010 5:09 PM

Sep 2009
Siva said:
And to some other people here, Are you guys watching an anime to compare/compete with another anime or what? I just don't get it. Whether you think of a show is good or bad and want to watch it or not, is up to you. But why saying something like "it can not compete with the other animes" is just make no fu*king sense to me. I mean who care about it? Or maybe you just want people to know that you are only watching awesome/masterpiece shows?
Why is it so wrong to say that you like other shows better than this. Its the same as saying 'I like Ouran way better than Air'. Its a personal opinion or are we not supposed to have these nowadays on the forums.
Seriously, I watch random shows. If one is less entertaining than the other, I will keep that in mind and say it out loud. What's the problem in that?
Oct 4, 2010 5:13 PM

May 2010
w0w i like the song but the sword or dagger she wields looks weird
Oct 4, 2010 5:43 PM

Aug 2010
Dunkjoe said:

Unless you've read the manga and the adaptation was seriously off.

I know you weren't talking to me but I've read the manga and the adaption is off. Way off. Like it's totally different from the manga. Even her dagger is different.Hell, even her outfit is slightly different! But guess what: I liked the anime better than the manga. The manga doesn't have much comedy (it was labeled as seinen for some reason), but the anime had some fun parts. It's a shoujo so I'm not expecting much from this. Entertaining when you don't have anything else better to do.
Oct 4, 2010 5:47 PM

Sep 2009
Admittedly, the Seinen tag is the only reason I'm watching this.

However, there isn't the slightest hint of Seinen here. EXPLAIN, MAL!
Oct 4, 2010 5:48 PM

Jan 2008
I enjoyed it quite a bit. This is now looking like it'll wind up being one of the shows I look forward to most each week.

I've already picked out Riken as my favorite character so far. The scene with him and his partner was absolutely adorable.
Oct 4, 2010 6:38 PM

Mar 2009
Nice and cute. Should be interesting. --- Randy
Oct 4, 2010 6:45 PM

Mar 2009
Siva said:
Lind_L_Tailor said:

Cool post Siva ^^
I agree! I like a number of Deen anime but that's my choice, also, J.C. Staff has been getting picked on a lot too.
I don't think a company is bad because they turn out lousy anime sometimes, and I say sometimes because things I like are not things everyone likes, and things everyone likes are some things I hate.
That being said... I haven't watched this episode yet, I came to see what others thought first. I don't care about spoilers, I'm going to watch it now.
I may or may no comment with my opinions.
Not sure ^^;
Not that I assume anyone cares either way- I just wanted to comment and agree with Siva.
Oct 4, 2010 6:58 PM

Sep 2009
Lind_L_Tailor said:
Admittedly, the Seinen tag is the only reason I'm watching this.
No way! I thought this was shoujo all along XD
Oct 4, 2010 7:04 PM
Nov 2009
Ah, well. First impression, 5/10.

The sparkling effects are absolutely unnecessary and idiotic.

But, it's a good start and the sequence with the Raiju was rather beautiful.
Oct 4, 2010 7:19 PM

Sep 2009
I like J.C. Staff too, which is exactly WHY I felt the need to double-check.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» It was only the perfect anime for the first two episodes until....

Kiryotsu - Jan 31

2 by lifeandstories »»
Feb 1, 1:54 PM

Poll: » Otome Youkai Zakuro Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 18, 2010

70 by CalmTeaTime »»
Dec 11, 2023 3:19 PM

Poll: » Otome Youkai Zakuro Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Dec 27, 2010

123 by Dawizz »»
Jun 10, 2023 7:08 PM

Poll: » Otome Youkai Zakuro Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 13, 2010

82 by Zekkenshin »»
Feb 10, 2021 1:28 PM

Poll: » Otome Youkai Zakuro Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Jinjos - Oct 11, 2010

73 by removed-user »»
Aug 14, 2020 4:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.