Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 15, 2010 9:18 AM
Aug 2010
I remember when I was a kid, one of the scariest but at the same time one of the most respected monsters was the Vampire.

A merciless bloodsucker that was the immortal enemy of Humans, I remember all the great films and stories of Dracula and Van Helsing.

BUT now, with the popularity of Twilight, the image of vampires has been reduced to emo fags who don't look threatening at all.

I understand Twilight is a girl thing, but still is that any reason to reduce one of the best monsters of fictional literature into this.

and even worst, now they have movies that are doing parodies of Twilight and vampires in general ("Vampires Suck")

I'm very disappointed in all of this, thankfully anime has given us HELLSING, but unfortunately it has also given us Vampire Knight, the Japanese version of Twilight, that is probably doing even MORE HARM to the image.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 15, 2010 9:36 AM

Jun 2009
I never like Twilight. Ever since Twilight came out, I started to hate other vampire-romance movies/series.

Sep 15, 2010 9:50 AM
Feb 2010
Don't forget Warner Bros! They made I Am Legend one of the worst book adaptations I've seen, missing the chance for something decent with Vamps to come out during the last decade.
Sep 15, 2010 9:58 AM

Jul 2010
I read Twilight 2 years before the movie came out and it was a decent book. It's just the movies that are gay as shit. I've never been much of a vampire fan but it is definitely making Vampires look like sissies.
Sep 15, 2010 10:08 AM

May 2008
So you think that a Centuries old tradition can go away by a single novel?

Oh, and since we're piling up all the heterosexism that homosexual and feminine vampire are bad, we should add racism to the concoction, there are black Vampires in fiction now! What a disgrace! Angry! Get the Africans and Homosexuals and Inferior femininity out!

Really, I don't particularly love or hate Twilight. I'm certainly no fan. But do people really always have to tag on homophobia as a negative to every single thing? It's like with the emo thing, you'd almost get the impression it's not suicide and depression people are rallying against, but the homosexual and androgynous menace plaguing society!

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Sep 15, 2010 10:12 AM
May 2009
True Blood.

/thread
Sep 15, 2010 10:32 AM

Aug 2007
YuniYasha said:
I read Twilight 2 years before the movie came out and it was a decent book. It's just the movies that are gay as shit. I've never been much of a vampire fan but it is definitely making Vampires look like sissies.

If you support abuse then I guess you could say Twilight is decent.
Sep 15, 2010 10:53 AM

Aug 2007
Jirkaflt said:
I succesfully ignored Twilight. (shame for me, if it's good thing)
My vampire's image is clear and shiny, hurrayyy!

Abuse is good?
Sep 15, 2010 11:00 AM

Aug 2010
We need more Bram Stoker vampire movie.
Sep 15, 2010 11:00 AM

Aug 2007
Nah, Vampires in particular have always been pretty lame.

Sep 15, 2010 11:23 AM

Feb 2009
Hias said:
Nah, Vampires in particular have always been pretty lame.

That about sums up my thoughts as well. They were never the scariest or most threatening, or even most interesting.

Werewolves and Dragons FTW!
Sep 15, 2010 11:30 AM

Jun 2008
I've been waiting for a thread like this.

I'm not going to bash Twilight or it's fan base, I'm a big Vampire fan, but this is how I like to see them:

MALE VAMPIRES:

Badass, merciless creatures that are feared by all, and have incredible powers.

FEMALE VAMPIRES:

Equally as badass as the male vampires, with a hot body as well.

Obviously my views as a male is very different than those of a female, I prefer my Male Vampires to be manly and my female vampires to be sexy, so in the end it's a matter of preference and maybe even what gender you are.
Sep 15, 2010 12:07 PM

Aug 2007
alexcampos said:

I'm not going to bash Twilight or it's fan base, I'm a big Vampire fan, but this is how I like to see them:

MALE VAMPIRES:

FEMALE VAMPIRES:

Obviously my views as a male is very different than those of a female, I prefer my Male Vampires to be manly and my female vampires to be sexy, so in the end it's a matter of preference and maybe even what gender you are.

The second image is what male vampires from Twilight look like.
Sep 15, 2010 12:19 PM

Jun 2008
Drunk_Samurai said:

So, girls like guys that look like girls, maybe they're all lesbians.

But in all seriousness, that's their taste, and not me or you can change that.
Sep 15, 2010 12:56 PM

Dec 2008
The only vampires I've only remotely cared for were Dracula and Alucard from Hellsing.
Sep 15, 2010 12:59 PM

Sep 2008
Vampires are shit tier undead anyways. I always liked Litches, All the immortality, none of the draw backs. except for maybe having to stuff your soul in jar and try to hide it in the closet or some thing.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Sep 15, 2010 1:39 PM

Jun 2008
It only ruins it if you pay too much attention to it. Ignore the stupid shit. There plenty of other cool vampire stories why should Twilight be more important than them.

Anyway for now start watching Shiki that curretly airing so you can restore your image.

Of course you can always go classic with Hellsing Ultimate:

Drunk_Samurai said:

Yeah you are right. For a woman it should be more like this:
MonadSep 15, 2010 2:35 PM
Sep 15, 2010 2:24 PM

Aug 2010
It seems like now that every new story makes vampires in their own way. So, I usually don't try to generalize how vampires are, they can range from the sissy ones to the really scary ones.
Sep 15, 2010 2:48 PM

Jun 2008
Monad said:

I don't know who the first picture is but she doesn't seem very vampire to me.

Of course I love Seras Victoria, she's my 2nd favorite female vampire.

I just prefer Inner Moka because she's both very strong and has a great body.
Sep 15, 2010 2:50 PM

Dec 2007
Oh my god, a fictional character is losing his status?!

WHAT THE HELL ARE WE GONNA DO
Sep 15, 2010 3:07 PM

Jun 2008
alexcampos said:
Monad said:

I don't know who the first picture is but she doesn't seem very vampire to me.

You don't know who she is? Are you shitting me? There is a whole bunch of staff in the same post that show clearly who she is. How could you miss it. And yes at first glance she looks normal but take a look at the face again. Make a zoom at it, isn't that creepy?
Here's a bigger version so you can see more clear at her face.

alexcampos said:
Of course I love Seras Victoria, she's my 2nd favorite female vampire.

I just prefer Inner Moka because she's both very strong and has a great body.

You know Victoria can kick her ass. And are you implying Victoria doesn't have a great body?

Seriously though. Inner Moka maybe good for you as character but she isn't really very vampire like. She a comedic fanservice for Christ sake. She's closer to Twitlight that being away from it.
While Victoria is one motherfucking badass girl that will kick your ass and rape you upside down that spends her days killing Nazi SS vampire monsters.
MonadSep 15, 2010 4:43 PM
Sep 15, 2010 3:21 PM
Feb 2009
Wait...vampires are real?
Sep 15, 2010 3:37 PM

Apr 2008
Vampires were never that cool to begin with.

In reality, orcs and dwarves were the coolest creatures ever!
Sep 15, 2010 3:52 PM

Jun 2008
Monad said:

Seriously though. Inner Moka maybe good for you as character but she isn't really very vampire like. She a comedic fanservice for Christ sake. She's closer to Twitlight that being away from it.
While Victoria is one motherfucking badass girl that will kick your ass and rape you upside down that spends her days killing Nazi SS vampire monsters.

#1 How the hell would we know who can beat who, when they are so very different???

#2 You talk about Inner Moka from the anime, the manga (which is a million times different and better) she's completely different and much stronger.

#3 The picture of Inner Moka is a manga picture, not an anime one, again I'm talking about the manga NOT anime.

#4 I think you said the first picture is from Shiki, I don't watch that anime, therefore I don't know her.

#5 I clearly stated that I'm not here to bash Twilight or their fans, I don't care about them, I also clearly said that I prefer Moka because of HER BODY.

#6 Seras has a hot body too, just not as good as Moka (don't fight me on this one, this is PURE OPINION and Preferences.)
Sep 15, 2010 3:59 PM

Jul 2010
Twilight is gay. and Robert and Kristen cannot act!! XD watched it for the first time this summer and i laughed throughout the whole movie :D
Sep 15, 2010 4:28 PM

Apr 2009
alexcampos said:

MALE VAMPIRES:

FEMALE VAMPIRES:

Hellsing would be a good vampire story to watch for anime.
Im not a very big fan of Twilight but I had that one moment
when I really liked it. And I agree it ruined Vampires' Image.
For my oppinion, I think Twilight as a cheesy-romance-vampire kind
of story. All Vampire stories always ends up a human and vampire
forbidden to love each other and Twilight did a really good job on that.
And thats one of those obvious things...

I prefer True Blood. enough said.
Sep 15, 2010 4:31 PM

Jul 2010
read the Night World series those books are like 100% better than twilight. plus twilight copied the authors other books alot. its not even funny how much was copied D:
Sep 15, 2010 4:44 PM

Jul 2008
Twilight is a fad. It will go away. People still remember the scary vampire. People remember the drop-dead-sexy bloodsucking and perhaps ambiguously gay Anne Rice type vampire.

Not all vampire fiction is currently terrible. True Blood is a pretty entertaining show, for example.

Twilight isn't the first shit thing to pop out that contains vampires. Shitty vampire romance is a dime a dozen, Twilight just happened to get popular. Also, Bloodrayne was a terrible movie (well, we saw that coming) but then agains so was Blade III. The terrible acting...almost like watching New Moon...

I am the senpai that notices you.

Sep 15, 2010 4:56 PM

Apr 2009
Come on, vampires were ruined long before Twilight, since at least Underworld, probably even longer.
This is a serious post. You're not allowed to delete it.
Sep 15, 2010 5:05 PM
Mar 2010
*sigh*

so many people bitch and complain how people are so obsessed with twilight when it's nothing to fathom, when in fact they talk about twilight more than the average fan. that being said, no, i am not some twilight groupie although i did read and enjoy the books, and i've seen the movies.
God forbid Stephanie Meyer stepped outside your typical vampire story and made something that was her own. We must kill her for having an idea that wasn't the same as all Hollywood's ideas .................. o.o c'mon now.
sure, you may not like how she interpreted vampires, but to each is own.

whilst in English today we were reading this essay called the educated imagination, and well, my teacher was telling us that the books worth is in the eye of the beholder. You can't blame the author for writing a sub par book when it's all to do with how you interpret it.

>< but i'm so tired of EVERYONE talking about twilight whether it be praising it or complaining about it, can we all talk about something a little more worth our time ...

Sonic_Moronic said:

+1

"It's just...a bad dream! Wake up, wake up...!"
Sep 15, 2010 5:07 PM

Jun 2008
CDRW said:
Come on, vampires were ruined long before Twilight, since at least Underworld, probably even longer.

They weren't that bad in Underworld. Is just you hating the movie.
Sep 15, 2010 5:11 PM

Apr 2009
Monad said:
CDRW said:

They weren't that bad in Underworld. Is just you hating the movie.
They were that bad. One of the main, but often unspoken characteristics of vampires are charisma. Rich douchebags are not charismatic. Not only that, rich douchebags aren't sexy either. Rich douchebags are not frightening, or threatening, or, or, or, anything besides rich douchebags. I blame Underworld for making people think that rich douchebags with big teeth and a tanning phobia are even remotely related to vampires. Underworld is why the Twilight vampires look the way they do.
Sep 15, 2010 5:15 PM
Jun 2008
Sonic_Moronic said:

lol

Well,as long as I enjoy the show,I don't care what vampire I will get in the future ^.^
Sep 15, 2010 5:21 PM

Apr 2009
MorningGlory said:
Sonic_Moronic said:

lol

Well,as long as I enjoy the show,I don't care what vampire I will get in the future ^.^
What's that from?
Sep 15, 2010 5:23 PM

Jun 2008
Sonic_Moronic said:

You do know you just made that statement on an ANIME site, right?

You do know that every single anime here is fictional and universes away from reality, whether it's stupid or not to debate this, I don't think pointing out the "fictional" aspect is going to deter anyone from the debate.

Again, WE ARE ON AN ANIME SITE....
Sep 15, 2010 5:24 PM
Jun 2008
@CDRW
Kanata from DDD novel. written by the same person who wrote Kara no Kyoukai.I am Glad there are people who like bad ass loli bloodsucker ^.^

We need more moe moe chibi vampire
MorningGlorySep 15, 2010 5:27 PM
Sep 15, 2010 6:34 PM
Feb 2009
alexcampos said:
Sonic_Moronic said:

You do know that every single anime here is fictional and universes away from reality, whether it's stupid or not to debate this, I don't think pointing out the "fictional" aspect is going to deter anyone from the debate.

GUIZ WE'RE ON AN ANIME SITE HERE< DIS IS A SRS DISCUSSION K.
Sep 15, 2010 6:54 PM
Aug 2010
Yeah, Twilight gave us homo vamps, but I mean there are a lot of cooler, more realistic representations of the bloodthirsty living dead. We dont need to pay so much attention to the sparkly fags in Twilight. Think about True Blood, yeah? Thats far more accurate that Twilight and pretty nifty. But I digress. No good whining about Twilight, the more effort you put into hating it, the more younger generations will remember it. I propose we all just forget about uhh..whats it called again? That book by that person bout the stupid vamps...uhhh
Sep 15, 2010 6:58 PM

Jun 2008
Jay_Ox said:
alexcampos said:
Sonic_Moronic said:

GUIZ WE'RE ON AN ANIME SITE HERE< DIS IS A SRS DISCUSSION K.

What I meant to say is since we are on an anime site, everything we discuss is about fictional characters and fictional stories,

using the word "fictional" as a countermeasure for vampires is the same as discussing why the popularity of X-anime character is stupid since that character is fictional.
Sep 15, 2010 7:01 PM

Apr 2010
Twilight, as in the books themselves... I dunno. I thought they were kind of "okay", but first point I should say is that they shouldn't have continued. It should have just been the one book, because the rest of the books were SHIT. IMO.

The movies, however, have done nothing but disappoint me. It's ironic that my least favourite of the books [Eclipse] happens to be my favourite movie so far. I'm only looking forward to Breaking Dawn to see the imprint scene and the arm wrestling scene. [lol]

Despite that... Yeah, the sparkly thing was creative, I'll say that. Burning up in the sun is just... overdone. But it was a gay creativeness. I guess you could attribute it to the whole "vampires-are-etheral" sort of theme, but... I do agree that it was kind of stupid.

And dude [going back to the movies], Edward = so not hot. Jacob's just got a hot bod, that's about it.
Sep 15, 2010 7:09 PM

Aug 2007
mylovelyfate said:
*sigh*

so many people bitch and complain how people are so obsessed with twilight when it's nothing to fathom, when in fact they talk about twilight more than the average fan. that being said, no, i am not some twilight groupie although i did read and enjoy the books, and i've seen the movies.
God forbid Stephanie Meyer stepped outside your typical vampire story and made something that was her own. We must kill her for having an idea that wasn't the same as all Hollywood's ideas .................. o.o c'mon now.

whilst in English today we were reading this essay called the educated imagination, and well, my teacher was telling us that the books worth is in the eye of the beholder. You can't blame the author for writing a sub par book when it's all to do with how you interpret it.

>< but i'm so tired of EVERYONE talking about twilight whether it be praising it or complaining about it, can we all talk about something a little more worth our time ...

Sonic_Moronic said:

+1

I don't hate Twilight for its portrayal of vampires as much as I do to the abuse in the books and people thinking its not abusive.
Sep 15, 2010 7:14 PM

Jun 2008
Twilight didn't ruin anything.

Don't blame the source.

Blame all the loser teens of this world for accepting shut a pile of shit.
Sep 15, 2010 7:21 PM

Jan 2008
Jirkaflt said:
I succesfully ignored Twilight. (shame for me, if it's good thing)
My vampire's image is clear and shiny, hurrayyy!

not only shiny but also glittery and sparkly on sunlight. lol
Sep 15, 2010 7:31 PM

Jul 2010
StrangeBlackCat said:
Twilight didn't ruin anything.

Don't blame the source.

Blame all the loser teens of this world for accepting shut a pile of shit.

Everyone likes a glittery version of ryuk. xD
Sep 15, 2010 7:34 PM

Jan 2008
Sep 15, 2010 7:35 PM

Mar 2009
I found some parts of the Vampires Suck trailer to be funny though. However, good thing there's Hellsing/Hellsing Ultimate. That's what real vampires should be like!
Sep 15, 2010 7:57 PM
Mar 2010
Drunk_Samurai said:
mylovelyfate said:
*sigh*

Sonic_Moronic said:

+1

I don't hate Twilight for its portrayal of vampires as much as I do to the abuse in the books and people thinking its not abusive.
It's not really abusive as much as it is creepy, and i'll admit that.
that is all. besides that I did enjoy the books.

"It's just...a bad dream! Wake up, wake up...!"
Sep 15, 2010 7:58 PM

Nov 2007
xxRitsukaxx said:
read the Night World series those books are like 100% better than twilight. plus twilight copied the authors other books alot. its not even funny how much was copied D:
I grew up with the Night World books. Those books are great.

I couldn't care less about Twilight...they're not real vampires anyway.
Sep 15, 2010 8:02 PM
Jun 2010
Good thing I never watched/read Twilight.

AlexSadist-sama said:
I found some parts of the Vampires Suck trailer to be funny though. However, good thing there's Hellsing/Hellsing Ultimate. That's what real vampires should be like!

Good thing the first vampire anime I watched is Hellsing Ultimate lol

Sep 15, 2010 8:03 PM

Apr 2010
Never in their history have vampires sparkled in sunlight. They're supposed to bake, blow up/melt and die on the spot. Fuck this Twilight shit.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.