Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Sep 10, 2019 3:54 AM
Aug 2019
I love the little hint of Daedalus and Monad getting killed because she flew too close to the sun. It's a beautiful reference to Daedalus and Icarus myth from the greek mythology. This just blew my mind even more. Amazing ending.
Sep 13, 2019 11:33 AM

Oct 2017
The ending was amazing!! I am satisfied with it!! 8/10 for me!!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Sep 14, 2019 2:41 PM

Jan 2018
At first i didn't thought much about this anime and i could say that it was a little boring, i almost gave it an 7/10 but after reading this explanation:
(https://cureclover.livejournal.com/759.html)
I have realized how incredibly and well made this story is so i ended up giving it an 9/10.
AntonioWuxSep 14, 2019 2:58 PM
Sep 14, 2019 2:59 PM

Jan 2018
l_viha said:
boring masterpiece.

That's probably the best way to describe this anime
Jan 14, 2020 11:01 PM

Aug 2018
I was very satisfied with the ending. The final 15 minutes or so were quite good, and they seem to have tied everything up nicely. Now, the task is to figure out what it all means.
Feb 4, 2020 3:45 PM
Nov 2015
I just want to tell to those people Who DIDNt understand, that you guys werent paying attention AT ALL. All questions get answers in the anime as dialogues of the characters or even interaction with the proxys ....

Many people call the reality episode FILLER ...what ???? They mention sooooo many important info in that episode is NUTS someone dare to say is filler.

This anime is beautiful, psychological and full of allegories and filosofy tópics. Characters were kind of annoying BUT still very human and thats something i loved ... They had a porpouse, they had goals and even in the same anime they mention to enjoy the journey instead of the destination which is WHAT SOME PEOPLE DIDNT.

The journey of self descovery was perfect especually for pino, she wasnt a Loli ... WTF IS WRONG with this community i read so many times "pino is the only thing that carry the anime, the Loli the Loli" ... She is a kid, not a Loli, OMG ! And she was supposed to representant "the awakening of the consciousness" not to be cute and thats It , Is how emotions make us human, she was human and also re-L autovaive except the turn Dark cuz he hate/love her human.

This anime wanst for everybody and It shows
Mar 27, 2020 10:29 PM

Apr 2019
really enjoyed it, the ending felt kinda cheesy tho
Apr 16, 2020 12:13 AM

Mar 2011
8.5/10
There were strange episodes like the quiz/show and very interesting ones like the Vincent's dream, and some things I didn't really understand. I might re-watch someday.
It was kinda entertaining to watch. It's a "different" anime, that can not be easily found.
Apr 26, 2020 9:43 PM

Mar 2020
God loves his children, that's why he kills them.
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
May 9, 2020 10:22 AM

Mar 2014
This anime gave me more questions than answers until the very end. I like it. Also those last words were pretty badass.

Very good and complex story. Even if the pace is very very sloow.
May 13, 2020 7:14 PM

Jul 2015
OMG It is one of the best that I have seen so far. I was starting to get bored from anime but this absolutely made my day. I always had a lot of questions and I still do but it was such an amazing experience. I was scared of how it was going to end but It turned out to be one of the best ever. That face that vince makes at the end is one of the best scenes out there, makes you shiver out of excitement. I am going to give this show an 9.5 ♡
I am sleepy
Dec 19, 2020 3:53 AM
Jul 2020
Even after the last episode I've no idea what went on throughout the series
Jan 14, 2021 3:44 PM
Mar 2018
ah, ergo proxy....

a series with great ideas, but thought itself too clever in some areas and became too ambitious as a result.
Feb 4, 2021 9:18 AM
Dec 2014
This show is great because of Pino and no one can tell me otherwise.
Mar 30, 2021 6:22 AM

Jul 2020
Amazing end to an amazing story
Vince is the mvp 👏.
9/10.
DRP0Oct 21, 2021 10:19 AM
Waiting for the stone ocean 3 anime
Apr 2, 2021 7:03 PM

May 2017
to anyone that feels confused and not sure what to think, I suggest watching

Ergo Proxy Explained - The Story Before The Story (Part 1 - Spoiler Warning)
Ergo Proxy The Story : Destiny Of Vincent & Re-L (Part 2) - Explained

both these videos clear up any questions you have in your head.

I was left confused by the ending. Maybe because I was too low iq to understand it after my initial watch or maybe it is just intended to be dissected and watched multiple times.

Leaving the confusing story aside.

What I really enjoyed about this show were the 3 main characters and their dynamic, especially Pino and Vincent. I enjoyed the sense of realism that this show brought. Post apocalyptic themes is something that always intrigues me. Like I said the story confused me in a lot of parts but in hindsight, after having watched multiple videos about the story. I must admit that it is a pretty well thought out plot.

I'm not quite sure as to what I should think about the fact that most people will leave this anime with questions in their head. I think this is caused by a lack of proper execution. I would love to blame it on my lack of comprehension skills but to see how many people struggle to identify all the story beats is what made me believe that it has to be something else. At one hand I enjoy the thought of watching and witnessing thought-provoking stuff but I think that it goes a little too far for my taste if it practically forces me to rewatch the show or watch videos about it afterward. I loves mystery but I would prefer to have every question clearly answered by the end of the show. Of course there are going to be people that are really smart and understand everything perfectly after the first run. But I'm sure that would have to be the minority. Most of the story if not all were actually explained in the show but some things were expositioned so briefly that you would barely catch it and forget it soon afterward.

I have a strong urge to just immediately rewatch this show with proper knowledge about the story and to see the events unfold while actually knowing what is happening.

it was a 6/10 after I left the final episode confused as fuck. Watching the above mentioned videos helped carry my score up to a 7/10. Could also rise up to be a potential 8 if I decide to rewatch the whole thing.

Also the opening and the ending are incredible. It's rare for me to just let the opening play and enjoy the vibe of it.
shayed__Apr 2, 2021 7:14 PM
Apr 2, 2021 8:19 PM

Nov 2007
shayed__ said:

I was left confused by the ending. Maybe because I was too low iq to understand it after my initial watch or maybe it is just intended to be dissected and watched multiple times.

What I really enjoyed about this show were the 3 main characters and their dynamic, especially Pino and Vincent. I enjoyed the sense of realism that this show brought. Post apocalyptic themes is something that always intrigues me. Like I said the story confused me in a lot of parts but in hindsight, after having watched multiple videos about the story. I must admit that it is a pretty well thought out plot.

I'm not quite sure as to what I should think about the fact that most people will leave this anime with questions in their head. I think this is caused by a lack of proper execution. I would love to blame it on my lack of comprehension skills but to see how many people struggle to identify all the story beats is what made me believe that it has to be something else. At one hand I enjoy the thought of watching and witnessing thought-provoking stuff but I think that it goes a little too far for my taste if it practically forces me to rewatch the show or watch videos about it afterward. I loves mystery but I would prefer to have every question clearly answered by the end of the show. Of course there are going to be people that are really smart and understand everything perfectly after the first run. But I'm sure that would have to be the minority. Most of the story if not all were actually explained in the show but some things were expositioned so briefly that you would barely catch it and forget it soon afterward.

I have a strong urge to just immediately rewatch this show with proper knowledge about the story and to see the events unfold while actually knowing what is happening.

it was a 6/10 after I left the final episode confused as fuck. Watching the above mentioned videos helped carry my score up to a 7/10. Could also rise up to be a potential 8 if I decide to rewatch the whole thing.

Also the opening and the ending are incredible. It's rare for me to just let the opening play and enjoy the vibe of it.

Thanks for sharing the vids. I've seen Ergo Proxy like a dozen times but still enjoy hearing others' takes on it.

Yeah, I understand your initial confusion. I wouldn't say the plot is the main focus of the series at all. Much like Evangelion, it focuses heavily on the characters and their internal struggles and development. This definitely compromises the clarity of the story, though. Like, you might not even know what an Evangelion/Proxy is after finishing them.

Whether that's a bad thing or not, I can't say. Depends on the viewer's expections, I guess. I certainly enjoy diving deep into something and discovering the small details and hints strewn throughout the episodes. It's like piecing together a puzzle.

I strongly agree about the dynamic of the main three which felt so human to me. Ironic since there are no true humans in the show (until the absolute end).

Also, something worth pointing out is the heirarchy of characters as "proxies" of their own within the show.
Creators created Proxies which created Wombsys Humans which created Autoreivs.
All created to serve the ambition of the higher being. And most of the conflict comes from them questioning their purpose.
DanishApr 2, 2021 8:40 PM
Apr 3, 2021 4:19 AM

May 2017
Danish said:
shayed__ said:

Thanks for sharing the vids. I've seen Ergo Proxy like a dozen times but still enjoy hearing others' takes on it.

Yeah, I understand your initial confusion. I wouldn't say the plot is the main focus of the series at all. Much like Evangelion, it focuses heavily on the characters and their internal struggles and development. This definitely compromises the clarity of the story, though. Like, you might not even know what an Evangelion/Proxy is after finishing them.

Whether that's a bad thing or not, I can't say. Depends on the viewer's expections, I guess. I certainly enjoy diving deep into something and discovering the small details and hints strewn throughout the episodes. It's like piecing together a puzzle.

I strongly agree about the dynamic of the main three which felt so human to me. Ironic since there are no true humans in the show (until the absolute end).

Also, something worth pointing out is the heirarchy of characters as "proxies" of their own within the show.
Creators created Proxies which created Wombsys Humans which created Autoreivs.
All created to serve the ambition of the higher being. And most of the conflict comes from them questioning their purpose.

thanks for taking the time to read this mess of a post :D!

"Creators created Proxies which created Wombsys Humans which created Autoreivs.
All created to serve the ambition of the higher being. And most of the conflict comes from them questioning their purpose."

that is the exact thing that I didn't understand even after finishing the show. Like it is one of the main plot points but it completely went over my head that the humans in space created the proxies etc. That's one of the main reasons why I have an urge to rewatch the anime immediately. Just knowing what proxies are, where they came from, what their purpose is etc.

Apr 17, 2021 1:42 AM

Dec 2020
Penso, logo existo.

I think therefore I am

Ga omou, yueni ga ari
Apr 17, 2021 4:55 AM
Dec 2018
I really didn't follow everything after ep 21 but it was a good show. Very interesting world building and dystopian setting. Reminds me of Psycho Pass
8/10. Imagine Pino did not exist in the show, everything will be gloomy.
VaineeeeeeApr 18, 2021 6:30 AM
Jun 8, 2021 9:37 PM

Mar 2018
removed-user said:
Such a boring masterpiece.

I was trying to find a way to describe this show and I think this statement gets pretty damn close to it.

This show takes on many different psychological and philosophical references. The idea of self-discovery, the desire to live in a world with pain and despair in order to experience the world with joy and hope. The cogito virus creating self awareness and emotions in Autoreivs. The Raison d’être concept and how the show examines how one would react when losing their raison d’être, how people without a raison d’être/purpose to live search for one, alongside many more references.

But, the show fails to deliver these in a enjoyable and impactful way, leaving it feeling very hit-and-miss. Up until around EP.12, I was actually pretty pulled into the show and intrigued by it's mystery, but the second leg of the show really fell short, especially with the many unnecessary fillers sprinkled throughout that really turned me off.

This show reminds me of Mushishi, where both tackle many different psychological and philosophical references. Unfortunately for Ergo Proxy, it fails to provide it's references and story in a fully fleshed out package, leaving it feeling like a shell of great references and not mush else.

7/10
Celest__Jun 8, 2021 9:43 PM
Jun 16, 2021 6:59 PM

Jun 2019
My 43rd completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it a 9/10 rating.
Aug 17, 2021 9:39 PM

Dec 2018
so if humans were in outer space and were going to destroy the proxies and fake humans when the earth healed itself then what again was the point for the "cradles" again? were the creators coming to kill any remaining survivors and why?
Aug 21, 2021 12:28 PM

Nov 2007
RarePepes said:
so if humans were in outer space and were going to destroy the proxies and fake humans when the earth healed itself then what again was the point for the "cradles" again? were the creators coming to kill any remaining survivors and why?

This quote sums up the purpose of the wombsys humans and the domes (cradles) themselves:

"The reason for their entire existence was to maintain the domes. They were created to make these habitable colonies, maintain them, and then die off when "real humans" returned, leaving the "real humans" with places to live."
Aug 22, 2021 7:19 AM

Dec 2018
Danish said:
RarePepes said:

This quote sums up the purpose of the wombsys humans and the domes (cradles) themselves:

"The reason for their entire existence was to maintain the domes. They were created to make these habitable colonies, maintain them, and then die off when "real humans" returned, leaving the "real humans" with places to live."

ah yeah that makes sense, even if it is kind of unbelievable
well let's hope ergo kicks the shit out of the humans when they return
imagine your entire existence just being a simp for some species you're modeled after but can't reproduce oh and also basically you suck and will die all so these assholes can come back from space and live in your house
Aug 22, 2021 8:09 PM

Nov 2007
RarePepes said:
Danish said:

ah yeah that makes sense, even if it is kind of unbelievable
well let's hope ergo kicks the shit out of the humans when they return
imagine your entire existence just being a simp for some species you're modeled after but can't reproduce oh and also basically you suck and will die all so these assholes can come back from space and live in your house

Hahaha, yep. That's why Proxy One was so butthurt. Vincent surviving in the sunlight ensured Proxy One's plan to defy the Creators worked out in a sense.
Sep 14, 2021 4:46 PM
Jun 2014
Actual amazing direction for a lot of this episode.

Hearing Pino shout "RIRU RIRU!!" as the clouds reveal her on the Usagi, as the music swelled and the drum beat came in was just beautiful. That freeze frame on the catch.

The interactions between the proxies as well as Daedalus's affections towards Monad all felt like the tale of Daedalus and Icarus, and other myths.

I feel like the only person who liked the middle and end, but not the episodes with the commune up to episode 9 ish. On rewatch I might but I felt like it was disjointed. It was the "slower" parts of the middle that actually made me like the characters and had some interesting story to tell overall. As soon as the Trio is all together is when it gets its footing, though the first few episodes are a strong start as well.
Sep 17, 2021 10:18 PM

Sep 2014
I guess it was a little "Hollywood" but that scene at the end where Pino saved Re-l had me SO HYPE
Oct 3, 2021 12:12 PM
Nov 2020
the message in the ending was clear,there is no reality unless it appears at the right time,so these things cannot be predicted.
Thus,even if everything is against you,and you are destined to a certain fixed result,we can take control of our lives and if we do wish to,change our reality to one that we need.
Nov 2, 2021 7:53 AM

Feb 2016
i completely, 100% for sure understood everything that just happened

jokes aside, my general thoughts are:

i don't really like how this show is presented. people sell it as a dark, gloomy, slow, thoughtful series. but that's Texhnolyze, not Ergo Proxy. Ergo appears to me to be quite fast paced - it really could have taken it's time with the travel - and far from gloomy, with all the comedic bits. there's a preference for explaining what the characters feel through monologues that doesn't sit well with me too. and as far as world building goes, i could say that Ergo in general lacks the density of other (better) post apocalyptical cyberpunk works like Blame! and Texh. comparing the episode where Re-L visits a place that looks like a normal city, only without it's inhabitants, to Texhnolyze's episode 19, Ergo just pales in comparision. it's atmosphere feels too thin and sterile. it's like they're unwilling to fully comit to a mood piece, and the result is this lukewarm could-have-been feeling

the characters and their psychological exploration are okay, i guess, but they're no Evangelion (and sometimes they really tried to pull out an Eva, like the library episode)

Ergo Proxy quite reminds me of those North American sci-fi films - that i generally dislike - and it comes as no surprise that it has received quite some love in the west.

overall i think that there was a lot of room for something great to emerge, and i for sure respect that they were trying to do something - and i really do like some bits of the show - but i can't help but think that for everything that Ergo tries to do, there's a series that does it better

if i was to translate what i think into numbers... then maybe 6 or 7 /10
llorandoNov 2, 2021 4:43 PM
Nov 4, 2021 6:49 AM
Oct 2012
So is no one going to mention how similar this episode is to NIER Replicant's Grimoire Weiss and Noir's interaction during the first part of the game? Same voice actors (in the dub anyway), same roles in both stories, same back stories. They almost quote lines from Ergo Proxy word for word. For a second I thought I was playing Ergo Proxy the game. Maybe Yoko Taro is a big Ergo Proxy fan?
pyrotic_sniperNov 4, 2021 12:41 PM
Nov 4, 2021 10:18 AM

Nov 2007
pyrotic_sniper said:
So is no one going to mention how similar this episode is to NIER Replicant's Grimoire Weiss and Noir's interaction during the first part of the game? Same voice actors (in the dub anyway), same roles in the both stories, same back stories. They almost quote lines from Ergo Proxy word for word. For a second I thought I was playing Ergo Proxy the game. Maybe Yoko Taro is a big Ergo Proxy fan?

Wow, you weren't kidding. The similarities are undeniable.
Nov 21, 2021 4:54 PM

Sep 2017
The methodical build up and subversive storytelling was top-notch for about 90% of the series; then they put the presents under the Christmas tree with no wrapping. I don't understand why a cryptic show such as this would deliberately hand the viewer all the answers without leaving any trace of subjectivity to be interpreted.

Perhaps the idea was to contradict the raison d'être of philosophers' at large, because of their insistence to blur reality through clever word games, double entendres, and metaphysical arguments that have no grounding in reality, and are thusly unprovable. So I guess Ergo Proxy refutation is to provide answers (blatantly), rather than an innumerable set of questions (the philosophers' favorite weapon to feign intelligence). It sort of works...yet, I would have liked to have 'figured' something out on my own without the spoon-feeding.
Jan 22, 2022 7:36 PM

May 2019
Danish said:
RarePepes said:

What explain the extra-dome without humans that Re-L was hidden with Iggy before the journey to find Vincent.

Anyway, that would be a simple premisse which the plot, a full load of bullshit, had all the job of turn in a confuse mess. Nothing new, like many other original anime of the genre from before 2008.

Evagelion was the peak of this, but not the first or the last. Thanks God original anime with shitty plot are not usual today (most cone from novels), but 2020's still have things like Wonder Egg, jesus...

7/10
Feb 13, 2022 7:39 PM

Aug 2016
This series is best watched consistently and attentively. Unfortunately, I lacked on the former so I ended up often forgetting key details and had to reconstruct along the way.

But this was an extremely well executed show. The religious and mythological symbolism throughout was refreshing to see done in such a way, and for someone who lacks on deconstruction when it comes to anime, challenged me to solve the puzzle and the exact message it was trying to tell.

I truly wish there was a lot more anime like this, but I guess that rarity makes it even more special. The 2000s were something else.
Jul 11, 2022 2:30 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Nice explanations with Proxy One to end the anime especially with the amount of implicit stuff that it makes is much more exciting for all the aspects (from the SF to the philosophical one) when we finally get most of the answers (even though I probably didn't understand much) but for Proxy One to be under all of that, and I believe now the scene at the beginning of EP3 makes more sense. Well that was definitely a really good especially for its own genre though there are some elements I didn't like much for the execution or the way they did some episodes like telling crucial elements through a TV quiz show which is original for sure but didn't immersive me into the noir SF world, same for some episodes like the Disney one, but overall it was still impressive for the way they developed that lore and world-building especially regarding the characters with slow pacing. 8.5/10
Sep 2, 2022 1:48 PM

Feb 2020
Alright, I've got quite some things to say, but first of all : that last ost was awesome. I loved it.

For the rest... This show was quite an experience. Very interesting and profound themes, great characters (I had a particular soft spot for Re-L, Daedalus, Iggy and Pino but everyone was well-written and memorable), wonderful atmosphere and soundtrack... That's for sure the type of show that stays with you.
But that's also by far one of the most complex shows I've seen, actually I'd even dare to say it was THE most complex (and I have seen my good share of complex shows).
Which means that while it made for a very, veeeery interesting and meaningful watch, it was also quite hard to follow. And while of course I just have myself to blame for some of that, I can't help but think that the show was also at faults for sometimes losing itself in its own philosophical rants, a lot of times actually. Then again, a show like that must definitely be very hard to write so what came out of it was already great but it was a bit disturbing and even annoying at times to have the feeling that I was watching an animated philosophical essay rather than an actual story. Fortunately it wasn't THAT bad in this department, I think I still got the most important anyway.

So for the score... At first I gave it a 7 due to the flaws I mentionned but thinking again, this show did a lot of things more than right even if it's not perfect. So I'll add a point.
Sep 13, 2022 9:16 AM

May 2018
Vincent about to go fuck up some selfish humans at the end there.

Or maybe everyone's going to live in Disneyland now xD

6/10 I think this would be a masterpiece if the Proxy One/Ergo Proxy story was told more coherently, and if the horrible MCQ and Disneyland episodes were removed and the lore put somewhere else.
ByniavoSep 13, 2022 9:51 AM
Sep 29, 2022 11:13 AM
munchmunch

Aug 2019
I think the finale could have been executed way better, it was kind of rushed/messy and it left me with some unanswered questions like: Why was Monad trying to kill Ergo if she loved him (and viceversa)? Was she conscious that it was him? All proxys must kill eachother when they meet but why didn't they when they first met eachother? Also why must all proxies kill/fight eachother to begin with...

a high 7 or 8/10 eitherway but yeah finale could have been much better

Nov 19, 2022 11:53 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Well that was certainly one of the anime ever made. Found the first handful of episodes quite intriguing, and thought I'd be fully captivated throughout; especially during this final episode. But here at this point, I find myself just not really giving a crap. I'm probably missing some major points, but I haven't been able to see them, and I don't really care to delve further into it. Deadass I lost track of what was going on several episodes ago, and that's what properly destroyed my enjoyment. Not going to call it bad, because it's not, but I personally find it quite forgettable. Sorry if I'm calling one of your favourite anime as "meh", but unfortunately I find it pretty "meh", and it gets a "meh" score of 5/10.

This is not that much of an issue, but I wish that our characters' faces were drawn more consistently; ESPECIALLY in the case of Re-l. She almost looks like a different character in every other shot. No complaints though; even though I just found out that her character is 19 years old (what), she can still be my mommy.

Pino reading a book solo's your favourite character no diff. That's it, bye.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Nov 20, 2022 2:20 PM

Nov 2007
BetaMaleUltra said:
This is not that much of an issue, but I wish that our characters' faces were drawn more consistently; ESPECIALLY in the case of Re-l. She almost looks like a different character in every other shot.

I noticed this so much that I compiled screenshots of her looking completely different.
Nov 26, 2022 4:35 AM
Aug 2022
This is an epic masterpiece! The raison d'etre concept, the chain of godly figures, the atmosphere, everything about this series is so entriguing and leaves you full of thoughts and materials to read! I totally get why it's not everyone's cup of tea and sometimes people just prefer to be able shut their brain while watching an anime, but I liked being "forced" to think and research deeply on things I watch in anime.

Sooo now there's this little thing I don't understand about the very last scene:
The flying robots going towards Vincent were sent by the humans from space? They remind me of the ones who were sent by Raul from Romdeu to the Colony outside of the dome.
Is it supposed to simply show that "now the battle starts and Vincent ain't gonna let the world and the few humans and Autorieves left be gone because of some kinda plan made by cowards from space"?
Would love to know your thoughs^-^
Nov 26, 2022 10:25 AM

Nov 2007
Ghrishashuu said:
Sooo now there's this little thing I don't understand about the very last scene:
The flying robots going towards Vincent were sent by the humans from space? They remind me of the ones who were sent by Raul from Romdeu to the Colony outside of the dome.
Is it supposed to simply show that "now the battle starts and Vincent ain't gonna let the world and the few humans and Autorieves left be gone because of some kinda plan made by cowards from space"?
Would love to know your thoughs^-^

Those were ships from the original humans returning now that the Earth is habitable again. It's unclear if they're scout ships or robots but it's the "Creators" returning.
Yeah, basically Vincent surviving is a big "F you" to the Creators because the proxies were supposed to all die after fixing the planet for them.
Dec 28, 2022 4:36 AM
Jun 2022
pino cute pino cute
Dec 30, 2022 2:04 AM
Des31

Oct 2020
well it get a good and wholesome ending
Feb 5, 2023 9:50 AM

Mar 2021
Ergo Proxy has been an amazing journey of an anime. While I was confused at some parts, many of the mysteries and questions I had were resolved. And after reading a some explanations to confirm my interpretation, I can say that I have come to understand it fully. Some episodes felt completely random but actually contained so much information and their purpose was revealed in the end.

The space humans were complete trash though for planning the demise of the humans that remained in the domes and the proxies. Proxy One is pretty cool for coming to realize this and going out of his way to make sure the domes were destroyed so the space humans couldn't live in them. The last remaining mystery is what happens after the last scene with the return of the space humans!

My enjoyment of the series was 7/10 since I felt left in the dark most of the time, but the satisfying ending tying up the loose ends and the philosophical themes and meaning behind the show bring it up to an 8/10.
Feb 10, 2023 2:35 AM

Aug 2022
Peak fiction. 10/10 would recommend.
Mar 11, 2023 6:29 PM
Jan 2021
the conclusion was amazing. with his individuation complete, i see it as a near masterpiece in payoffs
Mar 21, 2023 8:50 PM
Jun 2021
Well that was an experience
Mar 23, 2023 6:14 PM

Apr 2016
Idk guys. For awhile there, this series really had me hooked. I wanted to know more. I love Re-L. I love Pino. After and during the filler episodes, it feels like everything was thrown off a cliff!? xD I mean....so many cryptic messages. Re-L #2 appears out of no where and there was no real explanation for it. Just symbolism that most viewers do not understand... I enjoyed watching them wonder a wasteland of nothingness. It was a time of self reflection, then all of the sudden they're back at the dome?????? I mean come on. Too many "is this real or a dream moments" in my opinion. I wanted to give this show an 8/10, but I think it was a 7 when everything is said and done. Now I can mark this show off my list.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ergo Proxy Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

xel - May 31, 2008

93 by LonewolfNBU »»
Apr 12, 10:55 AM

Poll: » Why do people seem to not like Ergo Proxy?

TheGuiltMan - Nov 28, 2020

41 by oooo3333 »»
Mar 30, 12:12 AM

Poll: » Ergo Proxy Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

WinterNightsFall - Aug 20, 2008

78 by yojuno »»
Mar 26, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Ergo Proxy Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

WinterNightsFall - Aug 20, 2008

71 by yojuno »»
Mar 26, 12:23 AM

» Ergo Proxy Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Aokaado - Dec 27, 2006

236 by llamav »»
Mar 18, 12:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.