Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 12, 2010 12:50 PM

Nov 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
There could be a cure for the Shiki curse/disease, we'll have to see if that blood transfusion actually works. Also, the cause of the curse is confirmed, obviously coming from the mansion.

Aug 12, 2010 1:06 PM
Aug 2009
This series has crazy animation. Like the first scene with Megumi, what the heck? The director must've been on acid. But it really adds to the creepiness factor.

Anyway, the creepy bastard is dead. But he still managed to find a way to creep us out after he died... Why did he have to die with his mouth open? D:

That doctor is going crazy...

That creepy little girl again. Why doesn't that priest notice how she's clearly a vampire? "Illness"? Please.

I'm glad that Natsuno's so smart. He finally figured out that it's vampires. Akari gets the award for figuring it out a few episodes ago though.

The doctor finally gets it, too. I just don't get why he didn't connect the dots earlier.

Akari and Kaori (I'm getting better with names!!) aren't going to die yet, if the opening's an indication. Natsuno, Akari, and Kaori are in it together, so they're probably going to be the "main" characters. I don't think Natsuno and Akari even met yet, so yeah.
JaymieAug 12, 2010 1:38 PM
Aug 12, 2010 1:08 PM
Aug 2008
looks like they relies what is happening.
now they need a way to stop it.
Aug 12, 2010 1:13 PM

Dec 2007
they skipped some stuff that was in the manga but overall good episode.
Aug 12, 2010 1:51 PM

Mar 2008
I feel like I'm starting to daydream through these epis now lol. Well the epi certainly left off on an interesting note, and showing one of those mysterious ppls.
Aug 12, 2010 2:42 PM

Aug 2009
Perfect anime for my taste, love the, soundtracks used, can't wait for next ep.
Aug 12, 2010 2:52 PM

Apr 2010
Seems the doctor and some of the villagers are catching on to watch going on.
I wonder how the doctor will react, and what will they do about it.

I'm also wondering what Megumi will do after finding that letter ripped to peaches by Natsuno.

Also Masao lying in his bed and nobody that noticed, he really wasn't liked by his family.
He also looked so weird when he wasn't sick that he didn't even seem sick when he was sick, he just looked a bit more weird.
Aug 12, 2010 3:06 PM

Jul 2009
I'm hoping to see Masoa as a shiki, he'd look so creepy.
Though who would be scarier, him, or that old man (Seishin's dad)?! :o
(or even that old pink haired lady?)

What I like about this anime (/manga) is the fact that it features vampires through the perspective of others:
- Pink haired girl (who's now a shiki) saw them as 'other worldly', beautiful and charming
- The religious monk becoming susspicious and intregued by the eerie littl girl
- One woman thinking she can treat the condition with herbs
- Natsuno becoming open to the supernatural
- The doctor seeing it from a pure medical perspective
- Older people seem to be open to the change of lifestyle
- The superstitious old woman (pink hair 2)
They have approched this from all angles.

The village need to start cremating people.

What's funny about this series is the vampires; living in a castle-esque house, not too descrete.:p

Aug 12, 2010 3:09 PM

Sep 2009
man the ep really got interesting by the end, when the doctor discovered that it wasn't an epidemic, and in fact it's vampire related....

and finally that bastard masao is dead....I hated him!

overall great episode.
Aug 12, 2010 3:32 PM

Oct 2009
This episode is a huge turning point. Now this series is getting interesting. :)

Yea, I think the two people I forgot their names at the end are going to "die" eventually... I just hope Akari doesn't.

9.5/10.

Aug 12, 2010 3:36 PM

Nov 2008
Jaymie said:
This series has crazy animation. Like the first scene with Megumi, what the heck? The director must've been on acid. But it really adds to the creepiness factor.

Anyway, the creepy bastard is dead. But he still managed to find a way to creep us out after he died... Why did he have to die with his mouth open? D:

That doctor is going crazy...

That creepy little girl again. Why doesn't that priest notice how she's clearly a vampire? "Illness"? Please.

I'm glad that Natsuno's so smart. He finally figured out that it's vampires. Akari gets the award for figuring it out a few episodes ago though.

The doctor finally gets it, too. I just don't get why he didn't connect the dots earlier.

Akari and Kaori (I'm getting better with names!!) aren't going to die yet, if the opening's an indication. Natsuno, Akari, and Kaori are in it together, so they're probably going to be the "main" characters. I don't think Natsuno and Akari even met yet, so yeah.

Sunako does have those creepy eyes but she's too cute to hate even if she's a vampire, the lupis is a cover same with her mom which actually killed one of the victims.

Aug 12, 2010 4:02 PM

Apr 2009
I'm starting to think that 22 episodes isn't really necessary. (´_ゝ`) The naive, petty villagers have already begun to suspect something, and among those are a few that already suspect vampires. Kyūketsuki existu Uu~

+1 though, for Masao's pitiful, but well deserved death.
Aug 12, 2010 4:18 PM

Apr 2009
Wow, what an episode. I loved how the sudden revelation struck the doctor. It's perfectly plausible for a serious educated man to try to make up proper scientific explanation and omit other possibilities, especially supernatural ones. Now I hope he won't go in denial and starts doing something about the situation. :3

Hopefully 22 episodes means that there is more to the plot than simple "find coffins, stakes through hearts, burn the corpses". xD
That said, I'm disappointed that Shimizu didn't cry bloody tears. XD But oh wait~ they may not be traditional vampires after all. Blue-hair cat-ears dude at the end of episode didn't seem to have problems with sunlight. It was sunset, but still technically a day...
Aug 12, 2010 4:20 PM

Apr 2010

lol hurray for natsuno giving out the best clue to Toshio

It just got better

Aug 12, 2010 4:39 PM

Mar 2009
Oh, they've finally realized it. Good for them.
Aug 12, 2010 5:06 PM

Jan 2008
That Tatsumi guy at the end...he just gives off the feeling: "you gonna get raped"...or killed. But nonetheless he's a creepy stalker spying on them like that. Is he really one of them vampires too? His obvious ear-like "hair" that none of the characters seem to take notice of would suggest he's really a werewolf though, especially considering their relationship with vampires...which only now do some of the characters realize some shit not only hit the fan, but a cow just took a dump in front of the fan after taking a break to eat the grass that was beside it. ...While other characters don't realize they, or the people around them, are already mouth-deep in shit.
Aug 12, 2010 5:20 PM

Dec 2008
Kaori and Akira...are...about...to...die...
Can't wait to see Masao as a shiki...he's going to be such a drag queen!
How is Megumi still able to maintain such fashion sense even though she's the walking dead?
Aug 12, 2010 5:31 PM

Aug 2009
Jaymie said:

Probably because if you're a man of science and medicine, chalking a bunch of deaths to something as impossible as "vampires" is completely insane and retarded. I mean, really, vampires don't exist. It really takes something at this level of death to start seeing beyond what's logical.

The first part with Megumi was like I was watching The Ring (in a good way).

Anyone else think the soundtrack is unbelievably random? Like when that ugly old woman showed up, the music went "CHAAAAAA~!"
Aug 12, 2010 6:07 PM

Feb 2010
Definitely getting interesting. The first scene was pretty cool. =O
Aug 12, 2010 6:13 PM

Dec 2009
Usually when shows use communication breakdowns to move the plot, I find it frustrating. However, in this show, it seems very natural and realistic.... An isolated, small town, where everyone is very private would be a great place for vampires to set up shop.
Aug 12, 2010 6:55 PM

Nov 2007
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 12, 2010 7:38 PM

Jan 2010
Glad to see they finally started figuring it out. Now the plot should actually start moving somewhere. I'm kinda pissed at that pink haired old lady, though. She's ruining everything with her superstitions. She's walking in circles around the problem and getting nowhere fast.
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.
Aug 12, 2010 8:12 PM

Mar 2010
4kicks said:
...which only now do some of the characters realize some shit not only hit the fan, but a cow just took a dump in front of the fan after taking a break to eat the grass that was beside it. ...While other characters don't realize they, or the people around them, are already mouth-deep in shit.

That made me chuckle... but at the same time, gave me a very unpleasant image for some reason D:

Jaymie said:
Anyone else think the soundtrack is unbelievably random? Like when that ugly old woman showed up, the music went "CHAAAAAA~!"

I actually quite like it. It keeps me awake at times~

I'm glad as well that the Doctor finally caught up on the suspicion of vampires.
Next episode should be interesting with the kids.
Aug 12, 2010 9:55 PM

Apr 2009
Enjoyed this episode a lot. Suspicions are creeping up, the doctor starts to fall apart and now an idea has started to take root. Rather than thinking "About time" I'm impressed by how natural this feels as people consider impossible possibilities.

Death to Masao. Poor Megumi. :( Why won't Nat love her? Oh yeah, because she's a creepy murderer...

The only thing I didn't like was the priest's overly exposition-y talk with Sunako. It lacked any subtlety which was especially bad because it didn't even tell us anything we hadn't already learned!

I say it every episode, but yeah, love this show and can't wait for the next ep.
Aug 12, 2010 10:16 PM

Sep 2008
Is it me or are the hair designs getting less crazy?
I guess I'm just getting used to them.

I still love Shimizu though, she is too lovely.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 12, 2010 10:19 PM

Nov 2009
Now that they have done a good job realistically revealing that there are vampires it only goes uphill from here. I won't say i 'loved' any of these episodes but they were all pretty good.

- Still waiting for 100% conformation on the villager's part that it is vampires. Lets give Megumi some air time!
Aug 12, 2010 10:34 PM

Mar 2010
i liked how Shiki managed to avoid the cliches of vampire fictions while adding some Japanese folklore elements to it. ;)

Aug 13, 2010 12:03 AM

Jan 2008
The fly going in Masao's mouth was ew.

Ikumi is odd.

It's nice to see Toshio finally getting a clue. Also, all of those people dying out of nowhere should have tipped the villagers off episodes ago.

=[ Akira & Kaori are about to die.

HawthorneKitty said:
Is it me or are the hair designs getting less crazy?
I guess I'm just getting used to them.

You're getting used to them.
Aug 13, 2010 12:12 AM

Mar 2009
stevewiess01 said:
i liked how Shiki managed to avoid the cliches of vampire fictions while adding some Japanese folklore elements to it. ;)

Not just Japanese folklore.

Shiki's portraying of vampires as otherwordly phantoms goes according to many myths and folklore of Eastern European countries from the times before Bram Stoker published his Dracula novel.

Dracula was what made Vampires popular in the western civilization. The myths and legends about vampires varied more or less from country to country in the Eastern Europe. Bram Stoker chose just a few of them to apply to his Dracula character and then dressed him up with a "Gothic Romance" outfit. Since Dracula was the first vampire to have such a deep impact to the western civilization, every vampire that followed was modeled after Dracula, as we all know.

Except those Vampires here in Shiki, that they do seem for now to maintain some ghostly qualities that vampires in fiction have lost ever since Dracula became famous. However even though Shiki goes back to the roots of the vampire legends, it still does a good job of preserving Stoker's Gothic Horror/Romance image too.

All n' all for me, although I have not watched much of them yet in 6 episodes, I can easily say that they're some of the best vampires in modern fiction, so far.

Btw, great episode once again.
Signature? I ain't got no signature! I don't need no signature! I don't have to show you any stinkin' signature!
Aug 13, 2010 12:12 AM

Aug 2009
Now that Ozaki and Natsuno started to discern the cause behind mysterious deaths, I'm eager to see what sort of techniques they will use to counter their enemy. I noticed Natsuno making a cross out of wooden sticks.

+1 for the creepy soundtrack and the creepiness of the show in general.
We are the United. Even in defeat we stand united.

Aug 13, 2010 12:15 AM

Jul 2009
Natsuno , Seishun and the Dok are getting closer and closer to the truth ,i hope those 3 won't die so easily , even so Natusno said he won't die no matter what , so...I'm curios on what kind of treatment will find the dok for the vampire ''disease'' ...but great episode!!
Aug 13, 2010 12:44 AM

Jan 2010
Finally, that stupid doctor is starting to believe in the super natural.
LOL

Now the story REALLY gets rolling.
Aug 13, 2010 1:24 AM

Jan 2009
It felt kind of good seeing Masao dead : >
And... OH MY GOD THAT RED-HAIRED OLD WOMAN! xD Seriously, I thought Masao looked bad, but this is so much worse xD...
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Aug 13, 2010 2:22 AM

Jan 2009
yeah, Aug 13 Friday was Butsumetsu and actually, the day Megumi died in this show.
there was one-day limitted joking on official site
Megumi under the bed

lreally loled at, that Megumi's Rewind and Fastwind
and at Masao's death and A Fly fly into his mouth!!
and at Ikumi-superstitious old woman appeared with grand sound.
and also at Toshio's air-soccer swearing "Shit!! Shit!!" because of the regret that he couldn't save the old lady, again!

now, two main characters met each other and both of them got almost sure that there're legendary monsters in the village, and they're the cause of serial deaths.

the scene Tatsum wasi spying behind the kids was scaring.

well, if I said to friends or family "I saw the dead walking at night" and "Vampires're killing the people!!", I'm sure I would get a punch and taken to a hospital!!

best shot of this week
Hana-keiSep 4, 2010 1:43 PM
Aug 13, 2010 3:29 AM

Feb 2010
another good paced episode.
Aug 13, 2010 4:19 AM

Dec 2009
Whats so great about this anime, is the fact that the vampires are SCARY and BAD! Hollywood makes vampires out to be "misunderstood" and, well, not bad?
do you get where im coming from? >.>

I really liked the fast foward and rewind at the bigining with megumi. DAMN. that girl has style.

im so glad masaos dead. i thort it funny how none of his family noticed XD uh, i hate him.

sunako! shes just so cute! and the monk, i really love the temple scenes <3

im so glad the doctor has connected the dots. i was starting to get a tad fustrated... i WISH natsuno would have been like, "oh, coz megumis stalking me, but dun worry"

yeah, tatsumi standing behind the kids, that freaked me out. Alot.

i put this anime in my favs. im not sure why, but its just so creative!
Aug 13, 2010 4:39 AM

Dec 2009
Awesome ep <3.
The rewinding scene with Megumi was pure awesome .
The old crazy woman looked scarier in the manga , now she looks like a clown ( but that's what she basically is ) ...
Aug 13, 2010 5:08 AM

Aug 2009
Hana-kei said:

best shot of this week

YES!
Aug 13, 2010 6:17 AM
Aug 2009
When Masao died, that creepy old woman popped up. The writers can never give us a break.
Aug 13, 2010 6:45 AM

Apr 2010
There's something in this anime that really annoys me: the first half is always so, so slow! It always involves people wondering about the deaths, someone dying, that council of nurses, the priest and Sunako, and nothing else. Then the second half, that's when stuff starts happening. It's annoying because it gets me interested, but I already know that I have to endure some boring 15 minutes every episode before action starts kicking in.

The best thing about this episode were the final minutes. Sometimes saying things out loud makes it easier to believe in them, and that's what I think happened to the doctor. I can't wait for the next episode. I want Natsuno to go investigate that house... without getting killed.

The pink haired lady creeped me out! Not only did she look weird, but her voice didn't really match her looks. It looked out of place.

Oh, and the first couple of images, with the rewinding and everything... WTF was that?! Haha!
Aug 13, 2010 7:19 AM

Aug 2009
Great episode, time just flew by when I was watching it.
Aug 13, 2010 7:37 AM

Jul 2008
Another awesome episode. I liked the effects used with Megumi, doctor and some other.
I even felt sorry for Masao. Your own family not noticing that you have died... thats screwed up.
Aug 13, 2010 8:41 AM

Feb 2009
Dunno about you all, but I laughed really hard when that fly went into Masao's mouth. It was hard not to but I couldn't help it even if he was dead and should be respected, kind of. Sue me =P

Another great episode. I like it that Ozaki knows his limits and shows that he is only human. I also liked it that we get some info on his past. That's a good way to develop a character. Wish they would show Isaac and Miria those creepy couple again. And more screen time for Tatsumi, that last part wasn't enough. Sunako is kind of adorable though. So now Ozaki and Natsuno delve in the possibility that there are supernatural things involved in the neighborhood. This is going to get more interesting I think.

I really love the music being played throughout the episode. Fits the atmosphere perfectly. Also, can someone tell me where I can download the full version of the OP. I really want it.
Aug 13, 2010 9:58 AM

Aug 2010
Misao may have been a prick but even he doesn't deserve that. I'm thinking maybe that and some things he said earlier show that his family never really cared much about him even before he became an attention whore. Framed that way it makes his character a lot more sympathetic IMO.

Needs more Megumi. She'd be fine if she wasn't a homicidal stalker and all. She just happened to make the mistake of falling for the aloof anti-hero.
Aug 13, 2010 10:21 AM

Aug 2010
lol i kinda feel sorry for masao but his stupidity in the last episode was too legendary for even a fly to come in and out of his mouth ._.;
I love how the doctor FINALLY realizes that it wasnt an epidemic -_-; (though i agree, europe type castle + creepy people in a japanese village = obvious)
lol @ natsuno's home-made cross
Aug 13, 2010 10:35 AM

May 2010
If they're going to burn the dead bodies/vampires I want Masao to go first. xD

I feel sorry for the doctor, though. Too much stress like that... ):
Aug 13, 2010 10:38 AM

Aug 2009
Jaymie said:

This is too stupid of a comment to even give a logical reply to.

Anyways, this episode was good. I started watching the first part of the episode in the middle of the night, but when Megumi's eyes turned red, I had to turn it off and watch it instead in the morning.

And the he/she is finally dead, thank god. Though I'm guessing it won't be the last we see of him. Natsuno is gonna have a list of dead people who hate him.
Aug 13, 2010 11:22 AM
Aug 2009
Beks said:
Jaymie said:

She's a little girl who can find her way to a temple while it's pitch black outside, and she apparently cannot go out in the sunlight. The priest writes vampire fiction, so it's odd that he wasn't yet able to connect any dots.
Aug 13, 2010 11:33 AM

Apr 2010
I still can't get used to the art. Especially the hair. It's really ugly in the nurse's case... =.=
Aug 13, 2010 12:03 PM

Aug 2010
Jaymie said:
Beks said:
Jaymie said:

She's a little girl who can find her way to a temple while it's pitch black outside, and she apparently cannot go out in the sunlight. The priest writes vampire fiction, so it's odd that he wasn't yet able to connect any dots.

honestly, I think the priest has his suspicions...because he was really the first to realize it wasnt a normal epademic...(trying to tell the doctor)

but come on even though she is a vampire is also a little girl

& at the moment she doesnt pose a threat
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shiki Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 30, 2010

958 by mairyland »»
Apr 10, 11:14 AM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Dec 9, 2010

202 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 5:46 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 2, 2010

312 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Nov 25, 2010

226 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Nuzuky - Oct 14, 2010

245 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 12:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.