Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 11, 2010 11:29 AM
Jun 2008
Rochel5555 said:
I think the king is just a coward. He wants to use Rayner as a weapon but he can't controle it. He wants to show his superiority but doesn't want to anger him too much.
Ya ^^
The king wanted to use Ryner but unfortunately ,Sion has taken over the throne .I suspect that the King want to do human experiment on Ryner himself/Ryner's Eye.
Actually I just wanna prove how dangerous Ryner can be ,if he would have fallen into a wrong hand.
In the novel/Anime,they only explain that the King is "interested" in Ryner.Therefore,the king put him in jail.....( BL relation??jk )
Aug 11, 2010 2:58 PM

Sep 2009
MorningGlory said:
In the novel/Anime,they only explain that the King is "interested" in Ryner.Therefore,the king put him in jail.....( BL relation??jk )
Very glad you used jk...which I am interpreting as the word 'joke'....if not then ( ̄へ ̄)
Aug 11, 2010 8:19 PM

Mar 2009
Avarice said:
Mormegil said:
So, ultimately, did Sion order the attack on Toale, or did Miran act of his own accord? I'm confused, even after following the discussion here. I guess, for now, I'll have to rewatch the episode.

The way I saw it Sion ordered Miran to eliminate all possible threats. Miran then took that order to the extreme by including Toale among his targets, because even though Toale has absolutely no power within the Nelphan Kingdom he might hinder the grand goal of conquering the continent since he has the potential to be a great leader in the future.
So, to answer your question, Sion did order the attack, though inadvertently.

That makes sense now. Thanks for all the help, guys. I didn't even get a chance to watch the episode over again...
Aug 12, 2010 12:42 AM
Jun 2009
yamakasi said:

Which leads me to my next point: why the hell did Miran attack Toale? At first I thought he was doing it on his own so that Sion can take over that country, but then Sion says something at the end of the ep which seems to indicate that he sent Miran there. Which makes no sense to me, since I had thought Sion saw that Toale would be a good king for that country.

Confusing! Anyone understand that part? If it's just "Miran was controlling Sion into doing what he (Miran) thinks is right" then yeah I get it, but I'm not sure if that was it tbh.

I thought Sion's goal was to create peace by using the artifacts to conquer the entire continent. If so then it makes perfect sense. Toale would be a much more competent leader who would make the empire a much larger threat to his goals. if he was eliminated then the stupid prince would take over and not only fail at being a good administrator, but his rude confrontational behavior could easily give Roland/Sion a good excuse to invade the empire while still looking like the good guys.
Aug 12, 2010 8:27 AM

Jun 2008
Froaude is big trouble for Sion. On one hand having him by his side means that he gets corrupted by him. Just look how that guy working for him almost kill his best friends with the motive of doing it for his best interest. He didn't order him to do what he did but still he was doing it for him even if it's the him Froaude wants him to become and not who he wanted to be.
Froaude is clearly manipulating him and making him give up on his own dreams and focusing on other goals. The strange thing is that his manipulating him not because he hates him but because he actually believes that pushing him in that way would be better for him and for the whole kingdom.
Sion understands Froaude sees him differently than the way he sees himself, and that his affected by him but he can't just slam the door in his face and tell him to get lost. His pride doesn't accept that he can't use a powerful person like Froaude as he wishes but most importantly the possibility of making such a man an inside enemy by turning him and his vision down could mean his own death since such a man could work with the people that want to kill him.

He can't have him by his side and he can't push him away. Is an unpleasant situation. His best option is getting rid of him permanently but even that is difficult because of his power. Maybe if he could sent that blond killer guy.
MonadAug 12, 2010 9:30 AM
Aug 12, 2010 9:20 AM

Mar 2009
An interesting detail. Check out the reflection:

"Froaude and Ryner's group got in a fight? Does that mean I indirectly tried to kill Ryner and Ferris? Ridiculous. I would never make such a blunder. There's no problem."

Sion is evil, confirmed. O_O!!!
MormegilAug 12, 2010 9:26 AM
Aug 12, 2010 9:35 AM

Jun 2008
Mormegil said:

"Froaude and Ryner's group got in a fight? Does that mean I indirectly tried to kill Ryner and Ferris? Ridiculous. I would never make such a blunder. There's no problem."

Not yet but his getting there.
Maybe this theory is on to something too.

yamakasi said:
I liked this episode because of the Sion + Miran scenes, but also because Ferris got her ass kicked a little and you could see her and Ryner struggle a bit in the fight. I don't like it when the protags seem unstoppable all the time; it gets repetitive and boring.

belatkuro said:
Confucius said:
Why must that ring flash over and over again?
Because it's pretty and can cast shadow monsters ;)

I'm going to guess it's more than that, and it can control the "darkness" within people. Which is why Miran kept flashing it at Sion, and Sion's concerns at the end of the episode. He's being manipulated into making wrong choices and doesn't realise it.

This could be possible.
Aug 12, 2010 12:22 PM
Aug 2010
I wonder if Froaude was the one who killed Fiole. A perfect plan to break Sion's heart.
Aug 12, 2010 8:12 PM
Jun 2007
Mormegil said:

Oh wow, I didn't even notice that. Good catch.
Aug 12, 2010 8:56 PM

Mar 2009
Ha! I wish I could take credit for noticing it first, but someone on another forum pointed it out.

Anyway, some neat foreshadowing possibly.
Aug 12, 2010 9:25 PM
Jun 2008
Avarice said:
Mormegil said:

Oh wow, I didn't even notice that. Good catch.
HA Now do you believe my explanation of Sion being the bad guy .Sion did not make a mistake.Somehow it is kinda weird that he regret killing Ryner thou.(Actually i did not expect Sion to be the bad guy but later I found out that I overlook something when I re-watch the episode)
edit: maybe something wrong with the glass. Maybe the glass is possessed LOL
damn,This Anime really has alot of secret scene and hidden meaning.
MorningGloryAug 12, 2010 9:35 PM
Aug 12, 2010 9:36 PM
Jun 2007
MorningGlory said:
HA Now do you believe my explanation of Sion being the bad guy .Sion did not make a mistake.Somehow it is kinda weird that he regret killing Ryner thou.
edit: maybe something wrong with the glass. Maybe the glass is possessed LOL

Perhaps, though I'm still skeptical if it's by Sion's own will or if Miran is just nudging Sion in that direction using his bling-bling.
Aug 12, 2010 9:40 PM
Jun 2008
Sound as if Miran is the King of Roland not Sion LOL
Aug 19, 2010 2:21 AM

Jan 2008
I don't like Foraude at all.

-_-
Aug 19, 2010 10:01 AM

Feb 2010
Mormegil said:

Wow. You're right- is Sion being controlled by Foraude or is he really evil?? We shall see.

Excellent episode. 5/5
Aug 26, 2010 6:11 PM

Dec 2007
John21 said:
Comedy in the middle of a serious battle ...not good. I liked the Ferris and Rner development but am getting a bit tired of the whole beating up Ryner routine. The fight was good and would have been better without the comedy.

yup.exactly what I'm thinking.
the politic part is pretty confusing for me.I watched it twice and I still don't get it.Why did Sion try to kil...that gut....you know,the prince (too many names Dx )

oh wait
Avarice said:

The way I saw it Sion ordered Miran to eliminate all possible threats. Miran then took that order to the extreme by including Toale among his targets, because even though Toale has absolutely no power within the Nelphan Kingdom he might hinder the grand goal of conquering the continent since he has the potential to be a great leader in the future.
So, to answer your question, Sion did order the attack, though inadvertently.

I get it, thanks.
Sep 1, 2010 12:25 AM

Jan 2010
great episode, miran is interesting. is Sion really evil?
Sep 4, 2010 2:01 PM

Feb 2010
Wow that reflection got me thinking..
Nice fight though :D
Sep 16, 2010 11:33 AM

Jul 2010
Lol, Sion was like; did I just almost killed my 2 "friends/ally's? Naah, can't be XD" I think he isn't evil/bad, I really hope he got some hidden plans that'll show that he planned everything? I like him ^^ and what's up with that red flashlight from the ring over and over? So obvious haha :P I liked the episode but why didn't Foraude continued the fight? He could've beaten Ferris and would've been totally crushed by Ryners power *evil laugh* (I'm a Ryner fan! :P). But seriously, they have to stop the "Ferris-beats-Ryner-over-and-over" thing, it's getting so annoying, we all know that Ferris doesn't really like him so cut it out and don't repeat it like 20 times in 1 episode, especially not when they're supposed to fight together -_- (I kinda expected Ryner to take revenge and beat her up haha, or something like punching her in the stomach like Natsu did to Erza (in Fairy Tail) to shut Ferris up/to make sure she wouldn't continue to fight XD).. Does Ferris knows the "true" power of Ryner? I hope she'll get some respect for him when she sees it, at least I hope she won't beat him up eveytime he tries to say something *sigh*
Sep 20, 2010 2:28 AM
Jul 2009
LOL Ferris is bad for Ryner's health.
Oct 1, 2010 6:57 AM

Feb 2010
Another interesting episode, but I'm sure as hell getting some strong LOGH vibes, especially Sion & Mirans relationship strongly reminds me of Reinhard and Oberstein.
I probably regret this post by now.
Sep 13, 2012 9:46 AM

Jun 2012
We got a ferris + ryner moment there, hehe.
Nov 10, 2012 12:23 AM

Sep 2011
frozen_soul said:
at last some romance development

Yeeaahhh buddy
Dec 23, 2012 5:19 PM

Jul 2007
OriginANIME said:
frozen_soul said:
at last some romance development

Yeeaahhh buddy

I hate how Feris always beats the crap out of ryner for nothing. They are more or so fighting like a married couple, maybe Feris does have feelings for ryner but ryner don't deserve a pushy ass bitch like her. Keifer is the one that really loves him and grew up together with him in his younger days.

Anyways my predictions were correct in the previous episode, i knew that Fraudine guy was up to no good and i think he's only manipulating sion for his own goals. The action in this episode was pretty nice.
ArtimesGamerDec 23, 2012 5:39 PM

Jul 25, 2013 11:16 PM
Mar 2009
So Ryner and Ferris beat the assassins off screen? Lolwut.

Haha, that was a big misunderstanding. Froaude accidentally stumbling into Ryner and Ferris when Sion sent them there. And Froaude actually holds one of the Legendary Relics himself.

Ferris actually let Ryner hold her, ha.
May 29, 2014 12:20 AM

Jan 2014
So does anyone have any idea what order did Sion give Ryner and Ferris?

He went to the prince's house and asked them for a favor, didn't he? Then there was this scene showing R&F infiltrating the castle where the ball was held. But Ryner and Ferris didn't seem to be doing anything important. Just running about on the roof top. Then they went back to the prince's house... What was that all about?
Jul 31, 2014 7:57 PM

May 2013
God, every time Sion opens his bitchy mouth I cringe.
Dec 14, 2015 2:35 PM

Jan 2015
They should be kind of on the same side. The Ring is amazing power of Darkness/Shadows???
Mar 4, 2020 1:45 PM

Nov 2016
Getting Oberstein vibes.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Legend of the Legendary Heroes next season? ( 1 2 )

TheWitcher - May 19, 2012

72 by Hartm12 »»
May 14, 7:17 AM

» Second season of The Legend of the Legendary Heroes/Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu ( 1 2 )

EsPwnage - Mar 31, 2012

64 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 15, 9:02 PM

» What is the point of making Ferris so annoying?

CrackerSnatcher - Apr 19, 2020

11 by AnOnYmOuS__101 »»
Apr 30, 2023 5:54 AM

Poll: » Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Dec 16, 2010

314 by Enjyu »»
Nov 7, 2022 8:00 AM

Poll: » Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MorningGlory - Nov 4, 2010

104 by PedroKarim64 »»
Sep 9, 2022 10:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.