Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 27, 2010 3:35 AM
Feb 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Jul 27, 2010 3:52 AM

Sep 2009
awesome episode it was cool to see how Aizen actually came into control of the hueco mundo and Hachigen owned barragan xD

Jul 27, 2010 4:58 AM

May 2009
i thought Barragan was annoying, until the last episode when they showed his past..
he was actually taking revenge on Aizen..

nice twist.

so far he is the best out of top 3
Jul 27, 2010 4:59 AM

May 2010
A few nice additions to the manga source material. Of course, purists will probably complain, but I appreciated it, personally. I felt Barragan's flashback was more effective this way.

Now looks like next episode will be Starrk's time to shine.
Jul 27, 2010 5:03 AM

May 2009
^ wat? the Barragan's flashback wasnt in manga ? o_O

so is his story true then? i mean his revenge on aizen?:
Jul 27, 2010 5:22 AM

May 2010
Baka_xD said:
^ wat? the Barragan's flashback wasnt in manga ? o_O

it was ->

finally some good action in anime ;] yatta!

in this episode, you will die horribly... *laughs just as shion*
lightness vs. darkness
Nani mo kamo wo hoshigatteita Mayoeru mono no chikai
Mada miru sekai o tsukuridasu koto Kuchi hateteiku
Jul 27, 2010 5:34 AM
Mar 2010
Anyone know roughly how many episodes until

Jul 27, 2010 6:28 AM

Dec 2008
I thought Barragan was an ass until this episode revealed that his plan was to get revenge on Aizen for taking his throne.
Ushoda got bad ass in this ep!!
Jul 27, 2010 7:38 AM

Feb 2010
Good episode.
Seems like Hachigen will fulfill his promise to trap Urahara within his barriers for a month XD.
1 down, 2 left. :o
Jul 27, 2010 8:17 AM

Apr 2010
I almost forgot why they were in that town. xD
After that flashback, I kind of started to like Barragan. Sucks that he's dead now.

Optime olere occisum hostem!
Jul 27, 2010 8:45 AM

Jan 2010
Decent ep. The end of the Barragan fight wasnt too great but i did like the flashback. Nice to see the bad guys have reason behind their actions sometimes
A man who knows nothing and says something IS the dumbest person alive. A man who knows something and says nothing could possibly be the smartest person in the world -Unknown

Jul 27, 2010 9:40 AM

Jun 2007
I hate how Barragan just kept going on and on. "I am a god, I am king of Hueco Mundo, I will kill you, I will kill you with my own hand." Thank god he's finally gone. Besides that, I thought it was a pretty good episode. Can't wait for next week.

Jul 27, 2010 9:49 AM

Feb 2010
only time i'm happy someone gets trolled from aizen :P
Jul 27, 2010 10:17 AM

May 2007
Thanks for the flashback.
I was really curious to know how THE KING AND GOD OF HUECOMUNDO became Aizen's slave.
Now I can finally sleep better at night.

Jul 27, 2010 10:38 AM

Nov 2009
The best moment of the ep was Shinji and Gin, imo.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Jul 27, 2010 10:55 AM

Nov 2009
ScarletMuse said:
Good episode.
Seems like Hachigen will fulfill his promise to trap Urahara within his barriers for a month XD.

cant wait for that one xD
Jul 27, 2010 10:58 AM
Jun 2010
finally, someone is dead.

Unless it's an Illusion created by Aizen, I'm happy some annoying character is dead (I AM GOD, I AM THE KING, YOU ANTS!, HAHAHAHA. Pathetic...

Jul 27, 2010 11:25 AM

Mar 2010
Better then the last episode. Voted 4/5. Nice action and I liked the twist with Barragan.
Jul 27, 2010 11:43 AM

Apr 2010
I was starting to get annoyed by Barragan, though I did think it was a nice twist that he wasn't going after Hachigen at the very end, but for Aizen. I didn't like this episode as much as the last though :I
"I wish, just one more time to hear your voice. One more time, just one more time... Say my name..."
Jul 27, 2010 12:20 PM

Aug 2008
In true Bleach fashion a half-hearted attempt to humanize Barragan is used to waste time between fights. I also liked that I'm supposed to be even more impressed (lol) at Soi Fon for managing to use her banana bankai twice when she could only do it once every three days. You know, the one she never uses anyways, and we haven't seen her use until now.
Jul 27, 2010 12:41 PM
Jan 2010
noteDhero said:
In true Bleach fashion a half-hearted attempt to humanize Barragan is used to waste time between fights. I also liked that I'm supposed to be even more impressed (lol) at Soi Fon for managing to use her banana bankai twice when she could only do it once every three days. You know, the one she never uses anyways, and we haven't seen her use until now.

Everyone knows why she hasn’t used it in the past, even she explains why aswell. Also who cares if we haven’t seen it before? I bet a large % of people who don’t read the manga and only watch the anime was almost jumping out of their seats for the fact Soi-Fon released her bankai.
Jul 27, 2010 12:53 PM

Feb 2010
ugh... the animation nowadays kills me. But the little fight with Gin and Shinji at the end was beyond decent.
I think (and hope..) that we'll be provided with awesome animation in the upcoming fights.
I just hope they don't ruin Kyoraku's kageoni...
Jul 27, 2010 1:25 PM

Feb 2010
noteDhero said:

I thought it was 3x per day but maybe I'm wrong :)

Recap of Barragan is little boring, but his death was very good :)
Hatchigen - He's very intelligent :D
Jul 27, 2010 1:48 PM

Jul 2009
Swaps4 said:
noteDhero said:

Everyone knows why she hasn’t used it in the past, even she explains why aswell. Also who cares if we haven’t seen it before? I bet a large % of people who don’t read the manga and only watch the anime was almost jumping out of their seats for the fact Soi-Fon released her bankai.
If the opening didn't spoiled it before that is
Jul 27, 2010 2:13 PM

Apr 2010
Barragon finally died! (hopefully) The story is moving ever so slowly lol.
Jul 27, 2010 2:21 PM

Apr 2009
barragan :(
PM me and let's be friends.
Jul 27, 2010 2:22 PM

Oct 2008
Looks like #2 had a grudge against Aizen. I wonder why he didn't make them rot using his power when they came there for the first time.
Jul 27, 2010 2:52 PM

Aug 2008
Swaps4 said:

Did I say I didn't know why? I asked why am I supposed to care that she increased her ability using a weapon I've only seen just now? And I don't read the manga. Maybe I'm not in the large percentage you claim, but what's your point? What's exciting about a dumb bitch refusing to use her power in life and death situations until someone promises to feed into her petty, one-sided feud? It's lame. She's a terrible character with a stupid rocket launcher.
Jul 27, 2010 3:07 PM

Aug 2009
Wow, Barragan in the anime was almost likelable =S
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Jul 27, 2010 3:25 PM

Nov 2007
Hachi made a smart sacrifice.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Jul 27, 2010 4:39 PM

Jul 2010
I enjoyed his back story.
Jul 27, 2010 5:47 PM

Oct 2007
noteDhero said:
Swaps4 said:

Did I say I didn't know why? I asked why am I supposed to care that she increased her ability using a weapon I've only seen just now? And I don't read the manga. Maybe I'm not in the large percentage you claim, but what's your point? What's exciting about a dumb bitch refusing to use her power in life and death situations until someone promises to feed into her petty, one-sided feud? It's lame. She's a terrible character with a stupid rocket launcher.
I loled.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jul 27, 2010 6:53 PM

Mar 2010
Siva said:
noteDhero said:
Swaps4 said:

I loled.
You forgot to add Psycho Lesbian.
Jul 27, 2010 7:44 PM

Oct 2009
Another great episode....
Peoplestring - where you get paid to use the web as you please - http://www.peoplestring.com/?f=xenoknight.

Project Xeno Origin - my organization for RPG lovers and localization efforts - https://www.facebook.com/PXOrigin

http://nekoo.hostzi.com/C.S.E.A.G/1000+%20LE/Public/page8/Xenoknight.png
Jul 27, 2010 8:38 PM

Oct 2008
I would like to throw in something about not just the Bleach anime, but Bleach in general if no one minds. Don't worry, this won't exactly talk about things past the anime because it's from a reviewer named Theron Martin who made a criticism towards the way Tite Kubo tells his story, which I found interesting. This by the way was during his review of Viz media's latest volume of the Bleach DVDs.

Theoron Martin said:
Volume 30 covers episodes 122-126, a period in Bleach canon material where the story is still laying the foundations for the upcoming Hueco Mundo mega-arc and the even longer-term plot about Aizen's ultimate ambitions; in fact, this is the volume which reveals exactly what he is ultimately up to. Beyond that, its key contributions to the ongoing story are formally getting Ichigo involved with the Visoreds and finally forcing him to confront the Hollow-Ichigo persona which has been lurking in Ichigo's mind ever since Kisuke helped him restore his Soul Reaper powers a hundred episodes earlier. In other words, while this can hardly be considered a “key” volume, it does have some interesting and important developments.

The big reveal about Aizen's likely plan loses a bit of its punch because it involves an element of the Soul Society whose existence has never even been hinted at (in the anime, anyway) prior to this point. Granted, the revelation does expand the seldom-developed background lore of the Soul Society, but what Aizen will do to accomplish his goals ultimately has a much more immediate impact on the viewer because of that; in fact, the lack of earlier establishment made ramping up the more direct threat to the world of the living necessary to create any justification of tension for Ichigo and friends. This is hardly the first time Tite Kubo's story has pushed forward without laying the necessary groundwork first, and it continues to be one of the biggest flaws in his storytelling.

I've heard the story in Bleach get criticized for many reasons, regardless of whichever arc is mentioned, but this is the first time I've ever heard of this kind of problem noted before. I didn't exactly understand what Theoron meant by that until I watched this episode just now. When I first saw this part in the manga about Barragan's drive to overthrone Aizen, it made me think that it was an interesting part of his character. Seeing it again in the anime, I still thought it was interesting, but I also wondered why Tite Kubo didn't hint that part out about Barragan earlier. It felt too apparent I would've cared a bit more for not just Barragan, but for most of of the other Espada as well.

Instead most of the Espada die off anyway and by the time time we hear about their motivation, it's too little too late to ultimately care for these characters that much anyway. If anything, it made me feel the point of all these arrancar/espada's existence was to give the soul reapers/shinigami an opportunity to show their powers.
Jul 27, 2010 9:03 PM

Sep 2009
CG said:

i was thinking the same thing, would be a nice twist if Gin would be the actual boss not Aizen :D
Jul 27, 2010 10:05 PM

Mar 2010
Akasha said:
CG said:

i was thinking the same thing, would be a nice twist if Gin would be the actual boss not Aizen :D
Yeah, now that would be awesome.
Jul 28, 2010 1:47 AM

May 2010
Lol's at the end where Renji's practicing his red fire shot kido attack but it seems to be mimicking Don Kanonji's attacks. X'D
Jul 28, 2010 2:41 AM

Oct 2008
They're really getting close to the manga.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jul 28, 2010 2:45 AM

May 2008
Soi Fon seems like satisfied by the fact that she can use her bankai beyond her limits~ But what's the point if she won't use it again anyway?
I assume Stark is gonna be the next to die.... or Halibel?
Jul 28, 2010 2:55 AM

Oct 2007
a pretty good ep, i don't remember seeing a recap or maybe i forgot to watch last week. shinji and gin were amazing, more fights like that with less talk would be nice
Jul 28, 2010 3:18 AM

Jul 2010
A very good episode, next time n°1 will revenge Barragan?
Jul 28, 2010 6:42 AM

Aug 2008
Hypeathon said:

I've heard the story in Bleach get criticized for many reasons, regardless of whichever arc is mentioned, but this is the first time I've ever heard of this kind of problem noted before. I didn't exactly understand what Theoron meant by that until I watched this episode just now. When I first saw this part in the manga about Barragan's drive to overthrone Aizen, it made me think that it was an interesting part of his character. Seeing it again in the anime, I still thought it was interesting, but I also wondered why Tite Kubo didn't hint that part out about Barragan earlier. It felt too apparent I would've cared a bit more for not just Barragan, but for most of of the other Espada as well.

Instead most of the Espada die off anyway and by the time time we hear about their motivation, it's too little too late to ultimately care for these characters that much anyway. If anything, it made me feel the point of all these arrancar/espada's existence was to give the soul reapers/shinigami an opportunity to show their powers.

Really? All Kubo does is slap exposition on top of exposition to try and flesh out his paper thin story/characters. That's what the Pendulum Arc was, that's what every attempt to humanize the villains are. I'm sure that this thing with Aizen is that he's making everyone stronger because some big, huge threat that the King's Key opens up to is preparing to annihilate everything. I also wouldn't be surprised if Gen and that huge court that Aizen slaughtered were co-conspirators, with the excuse of "we have to protect the order and balance."
Jul 28, 2010 10:08 AM

Feb 2009
Meh, it was somewhat interesting, but I did like how the Hachi killed Barragan, pretty clever space/time spell there.

Now, the next episode looks good.

Oh and ain't Barragan a cute lil Skeleton King?
VeethornJul 28, 2010 10:13 AM
Jul 28, 2010 10:32 AM

Jan 2009
RIP King, I always thought he was a pretty cool espada.
IG: @ChrisCrossCrash
"There isn't a single guy who doesn't want to spoil his girl."
--Amagami SS
Jul 28, 2010 11:45 AM
Jul 2010
liked the ep , cant wait for the 282
Jul 28, 2010 5:07 PM

Dec 2009
Bye-bye Barragan! You were a nasty king.
Jul 28, 2010 11:35 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Great episode. More Bleach!

Jul 29, 2010 12:35 AM

Jul 2008
R.i.p Barragan. great fight 2 next up Stark.

5/5
Jul 29, 2010 1:19 AM

Jul 2008
i'll give barragan this, he had guts to take a shot at aizen even if he was already dying
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete) ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ariamachi - Oct 16, 2010

210 by Xashinz »»
Yesterday, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 40 Discussion

lsumi - Aug 13, 2008

35 by AdytuYT »»
Apr 24, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 177 Discussion

Pokedude97 - Jun 25, 2008

24 by AdamSylph »»
Apr 23, 5:20 PM

» Bleach: Project Hogyoku (2024) - redefinition of the original anime

dzudoKing - Feb 1

15 by 18927 »»
Apr 23, 2:37 PM

» Overrated

NeoToad - Apr 1

49 by Dabitsu »»
Apr 20, 2:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.