Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 24, 2010 10:31 AM

Feb 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
WTH!?? Talk about unrealistic. Craters on ground, walls breaking, ceilings falling down, special moves in an instant. This manga has issues. Oh well, the fights are over for now, seeing as we have new enemies at the end. I don't like where this is going but I'll stick around just to see what path will it go.

Still don't like the helmet boy.

Edit: LOL, my 1000th post. What a waste. Oh well, let's aim for 2000 now XD.
belatkuroJul 24, 2010 10:47 AM
Jul 24, 2010 1:58 PM
Nov 2007
I hope this series gets cancelled soon. It's a drag to read since it's so uninteresting.
Jul 24, 2010 2:02 PM

Jul 2010
i disagree i think the plot sounds ok but its true with the exaggeration
Jul 24, 2010 2:03 PM

Jul 2008
What? I'm actually really liking it, the characters look great and of course im liking where its heading, hope it continues for a long time!
Jul 24, 2010 2:05 PM

Jul 2010
I like this manga. If you dont like it drop it. Dont complain.
Jul 24, 2010 2:52 PM

Mar 2008
I don't mind the exaggeration of damage. It's not like I'm looking for that much seriousness from a school full of delinquents that will be conquered by a guy just looking for time to study :).

Should be one insane rematch down the road though. Both handled those thugs without a great deal of trouble. Though might need to get a more durable sword to deal with that "special technique."
Jul 24, 2010 3:36 PM

Mar 2010
Hmm , I'm neutral with this manga don't like and dislike either ... Just need to see more :P
I like that guy with sword :P:P

BTW I juest saw Gyuuki in last page OuO( sorry fan of Nurarihyon no Mago XD)
Sorry for my English ^^' If you notice any mistakes, please tell me about it ^^ Thanks for corrections ^^
Jul 24, 2010 4:42 PM

Jan 2010
LOL, I don't mind this manga - though I wouldn't really care if it got canceled either.
Jul 24, 2010 7:27 PM
May 2008
If you're looking for realism in any sense of the word, the first chapter should have told you that you're reading the wrong series.

The plot's not very complex nor original but it's unique in how it portrays it, and for that I enjoy it. It's stylised and mindless action, why would you expect anything more out of it?

That said, it was enjoyable. The Big Five at the end (if that's who they were) look pretty cool and I'm glad they added another female antagonist. Course, their entrance was a little subdued...
Jul 25, 2010 12:22 AM

Nov 2007
TotallyDude said:
I like this manga. If you dont like it drop it. Dont complain.

You realize your statement is blatantly fallacious, right? Analyzing what we dislike, or what has failed to work, is just as helpful as analyzing what we like, or what works. That does not even really matter though, everyone has every right to judge something negatively as positively. It is not like we go out of our way to find these things; it just happens. Although this will be the last chapter I read, it confirmed everything we need to know about how terrible this manga is when the "fight maniac" helped him and then walked away "nobly". There is no hope for a single good moment from here on out, the "crazy dream" was about as good as this manga ever had hope for...but it is not really focused on that at all.
Elsewhere, a somewhat startled Warren Worthington III finds that he has accidentally wandered into an electrified east-side world of post-twist teens and watsui-ing teeny-boppers...
Jul 25, 2010 3:25 AM

Jul 2009
The masked dude, he just looks like Homura from Sekirei, he just needs boobs a little change in hair and all set
Jul 25, 2010 6:19 AM

Nov 2008
Okay, so whatever realism they had left just went out the window. I'm expecting some alien transfer students to arrive any minute now.
Jul 25, 2010 8:47 AM

Sep 2007
Don't compare Sekirei with this trash, thanks ... :)
Jul 25, 2010 8:54 AM

Oct 2008
I find it interesting, for only being four chapters. Personally, I have no trouble getting around the unrealistic feel of the battle scenes. Yes, they are outlandish considering these are "normal" high-schoolers, but manga isn't always suppose to be straight-forward.

My choice? I'll keep reading. You never know when something starting bad will turn into something good in the long run. However, I do predict this series will end around twenty some chapters. The plot can only go so far.
Jul 26, 2010 10:30 PM

Feb 2008
Even with my optimism I'm finding it hard to stay idealistic. I wouldn't mind alien transfer students (or sci fi genre swift) because it wouldn't be foreign for what's been established so far, but I do wish it'd move on to a main plot already. These constant fight chapters are tiring, they have absolutely no build up and present no focus. If the next chapter doesn't produce a worthwhile plot I'm throwing my optimism out the window.
Jul 27, 2010 12:09 PM
Dec 2007
this manga is going to die, SO fast. i mean why the hell bother to publish this.

read the oneshot. this manga would have been a perfect 1 volume manga. the guy fights a delinquent for the girl he just realizes he loves.

he studies, gets pissed off at the noise and does something about it for 2 more chapters

some love development, people plotting behind there back, and kidnap.

a chapter to find her

2 chapter fight, with a flash back scene, and she gets one too, he pulls though, kicks the guys ass, and it ends on a happy and open note. with 1 or 2 pages as a 10 years later kind of thing. and there, you make the oneshot into a fairly good one volume manga. because thats all this plot was good for.

for this current version to work, they have to nose dive off the edge of sanity to insanity fast, and i mean aliens study him, and nasa investigates near by kind of stupid insanity. like the person above said, alien transfer student would be good. but look at it this way, the author has had a fairly pathetic streak of manga, they wont take the risks necessary to make this work.

its been 2 years sence jump canned double arts, and there has yet to be a manga that has started and is better than it.
Jul 27, 2010 10:52 PM

Nov 2007
Double Arts had bad artistic quality, but really cute and with a plot that was going somewhere. Making meaningful manga is hard, there are just not enough series to go around!

[ShiroiRyu]Don't compare Sekirei with this trash, thanks ... :)

I agree; this is bad, but Sekirei is blatantly terrible, pure fanservice trash. This is a lot better, please do not compare the two.
Elsewhere, a somewhat startled Warren Worthington III finds that he has accidentally wandered into an electrified east-side world of post-twist teens and watsui-ing teeny-boppers...
Aug 1, 2010 4:00 AM

Feb 2008
I really love this manga, especially 4th chapter.

I kinda hope that Fighting Maniac will join forces with the three of Doom, as I call them. xD

More topics from this board

Poll: » SWOT Chapter 20 Discussion

Xylokopos - Dec 13, 2010

26 by Kuma »»
Aug 22, 2017 5:22 AM

Poll: » SWOT Chapter 1 Discussion

Kenju - Jul 4, 2010

21 by Stark700 »»
Apr 24, 2015 9:33 PM

Poll: » SWOT Chapter 3 Discussion

ShiroiRyu - Jul 20, 2010

13 by ToG25thBaam »»
Sep 25, 2013 7:21 PM

Poll: » SWOT Chapter 19 Discussion

ShiroiRyu - Dec 5, 2010

4 by Twee »»
Dec 6, 2010 5:33 AM

Poll: » SWOT Chapter 18 Discussion

ShiroiRyu - Nov 28, 2010

3 by StripFeeling »»
Dec 2, 2010 8:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.