Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 4, 2010 8:29 AM

Aug 2008
t010 said:
ARE THE SUBS OUT?
Yes, they are. Not that anyone in this thread has seen them.
Jul 4, 2010 8:44 AM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Shed manly tears a few times for this anime. Masterpiece!

Jul 4, 2010 8:50 AM

Nov 2009
tmd subs r out
Jul 4, 2010 9:35 AM
Jun 2010
I really'd like to see a kiss between Ed and Winry, and also she could joins him on his travel. I'd also like to see Roy telling who is going to receive the stone powers before him (maybe Ed to receive his knowloedge back, donno...). I would like to see Roy's seeing stuff after the "surgery"...

Anyway, very great anime, I will sure miss it...
Jul 4, 2010 9:42 AM

Jun 2009
rodrigojager said:
I really'd like to see a kiss between Ed and Winry, and also she could joins him on his travel. I'd also like to see Roy telling who is going to receive the stone powers before him (maybe Ed to receive his knowloedge back, donno...). I would like to see Roy's seeing stuff after the "surgery"...

Didnt you see who they gave a call? didnt you see him standing in some of the pictures in the end? :P

anyway, this anime was one of the most "well-made" animes i've seen. From episode 1 till the end it was always amazing.

i only managed to find this about the movie btw:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-07-04/fullmetal-alchemist/brotherhood-movie-green-lit
Jul 4, 2010 9:48 AM
Jan 2009
amazing episode my only question is why does ed still have automail. i thought he got his leg back but winry kept tellling him to maintain and oil it. just wondering why he has automail
Jul 4, 2010 9:51 AM

Jun 2009
arsh231 said:
amazing episode my only question is why does ed still have automail. i thought he got his leg back but winry kept tellling him to maintain and oil it. just wondering why he has automail

i was wondering about that also. my theory is, his leg was too weak to survive and in the end he had to use automail again?
Jul 4, 2010 9:56 AM

Jul 2007
rodrigojager said:

Ed can't get his knowledge back.

The only thing equal in value for a Gate is another Gate.And someone sacrificing his gate would equal damning himself to stay inside the Truth-plane forever.

Ed and Al could return because their planed are connected.

Someone else doing that would equal damning himself for all eternity.

arsh231 said:

SenseiBanzai said:
arsh231 said:

i was wondering about that also. my theory is, his leg was too weak to survive and in the end he had to use automail again?

The leg was for something not related to al.

It was for the human transmutation they did.

Its left ambigous:
- Either he chose NOT to get it back as part of his bargain with truth, so as to remember of what he/they did back then
- Al could not get it back because Al only sacrificed his arm for Al's body/soul/etc back then,.
Jul 4, 2010 9:59 AM

Jul 2007
Beautiful. Just beautiful. What a great ride. And they even put Hawkeye in bed next to Roy so I'm even more satisfied than when I read the manga XD (tho wtf that mustache at the end?? www)

9/10 and the -1 is only because I still haven't forgiven them for switching Roy's seiyuu ;__;

(But they could've switched Ed and Al or at least just Al's seiyuu for the 2 years after scene, the girly voices were ridiculous for their looks!)
Jul 4, 2010 10:06 AM
Jun 2007
The ending was even more generic as when I read it a month ago. Not that that's exactly a bad thing but I was skipping through scenes here and there.
8/10 for the series overall. If the first quarter of the series wasn't produced under the assumption that everyone who will watch this has seen the original series/read the manga and took good care of the pacing instead, it might have been a 9/10. But it was a great ride nonetheless.
Jul 4, 2010 10:08 AM

Feb 2009
SenseiBanzai said:
arsh231 said:

Um, Ed NEVER got his leg back.

Remember, the cost of bringing back Al's soul was Ed's arm, so Al returning his soul only brought back Ed's arm. Ed's leg was the cost of the Knowledge and the ability to perform alchemy without a circle.

And he gave up the Knowledge as payment for bringing back Al.

Jul 4, 2010 10:17 AM
Jun 2009
wow end omg when I saw that 'fin' end thing i was lik OMG;;; it's already over?

T^T

too bad so sad well we're geting a movie aftert his so I guess it's all good? kekeke

just have ta wait for it and all...
Jul 4, 2010 10:20 AM

Apr 2008
WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE A QUESTION SINCE WHEN HAS EDWARD BEEN TALLER THEN WINRY??????????????????????????
Jul 4, 2010 10:24 AM

Nov 2008
Fai said:
rodrigojager said:

Ed can't get his knowledge back.

The only thing equal in value for a Gate is another Gate.And someone sacrificing his gate would equal damning himself to stay inside the Truth-plane forever.

Ed and Al could return because their planed are connected.

Someone else doing that would equal damning himself for all eternity.

arsh231 said:

SenseiBanzai said:
arsh231 said:

The leg was for something not related to al.

It was for the human transmutation they did.

Its left ambigous:
- Either he chose NOT to get it back as part of his bargain with truth, so as to remember of what he/they did back then

^they said that in the last chapter of manga lol
Jul 4, 2010 10:24 AM

Jun 2009
llamaben said:
t010 said:
ARE THE SUBS OUT?

for ep 64, the last ep? where did u find them? i cant find them anywhere

Jul 4, 2010 10:29 AM

Oct 2007
What an expected outcome. 1/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 4, 2010 10:30 AM

Jun 2009
t010 said:
llamaben said:
t010 said:
ARE THE SUBS OUT?

for ep 64, the last ep? where did u find them? i cant find them anywhere

they are out from "TMD-Raze". google im sure you will find it
Jul 4, 2010 10:33 AM

Apr 2009
That happy ending was well deserved, especially after all these years. Honestly, it doesn't feel like anything else needs to be said, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood was a masterpiece through and through, and it was a pleasure to have finally seen end. 10/10
Jul 4, 2010 10:38 AM

Jan 2010
Is it just me or the scene with Ed on the train looks almost exactly like the last scene of the original series (elbows on the window, looking up t the sky)?
Jul 4, 2010 10:38 AM

Jan 2008
Awesome finale. Definitely now one of my new all-time favourites. All because of this:

...Actually not all the reason, well 90%, or maybe 80%. Not 70%...how about 85? Well it was mainly because of it.
Estoy_GordoJul 4, 2010 10:41 AM
Jul 4, 2010 10:41 AM

Feb 2009
Great last episode, this is a masterpiece. I would have to say that this is one of the best anime series I have ever seen. They way they close it with this last episode was too damn good, it sealed the deal for me.

BTW Roy getting back his eyesight was freaking epic, also his mustache was funny. Havoc can now walk and is now back with Roy's team.

Can't wait for the movie. The question is will Hiromu Arakawa work in this film, I mean write the script and have some creative control so that the movie can be canon or will this be a filler or recap movie? I think the latter is like the most logical one. But doesn't matter I'm gonna watch that movie anyways. Thanks Hiromu Arakawa for creating one of the greatest story the world has ever seen.
Jul 4, 2010 10:46 AM

Apr 2010
that was an awesome ending to the series. i loved this FMA so much better than the first one and i cant wait for the new movie. now only if they would remake soul eater like this -.-
Jul 4, 2010 10:49 AM

Aug 2007
4kicks said:
Awesome finale. Definitely now one of my new all-time favourites. All because of this:

...Actually not all the reason, well 90%, or maybe 80%. Not 70%...how about 85? Well it was mainly because of it.

Haha, so true. XD

Great manga, really good anime. <3 I'm all happy now.
Jul 4, 2010 10:49 AM
Jan 2008
4kicks said:

I see what you did there. ¬.¬
But that was the same reason for me too. I hope the upcoming movie will be canon, and anything but a recap...unless they're going to put new footage in it.
Jul 4, 2010 10:52 AM
Apr 2008
I'm still going to watch the final episode when Eclipse releases their subs, but I decided to give the series a 7/10. I'm tempted to give it a six since every last thing to happen over the course of the story was just. so. fucking. convenient. The last episode will determine that one point swing for me, I think.
Jul 4, 2010 10:52 AM

Mar 2008
ZOMG ED BECAME TALL XDD And children! <3

Brotherhood gets 10/10 no question.
Jul 4, 2010 11:04 AM

Dec 2008
grklein said:
Is it just me or the scene with Ed on the train looks almost exactly like the last scene of the original series (elbows on the window, looking up t the sky)?
LOL thats what i though about it too!!
Changing for the Sake of the future
Jul 4, 2010 11:07 AM

Nov 2008
Otaku_Otoko said:
4kicks said:

I see what you did there. ¬.¬
But that was the same reason for me too. I hope the upcoming movie will be canon, and anything but a recap...unless they're going to put new footage in it.

lol i'll be happy with a recap if its the ishbal war :) putting one volume in one episode did not do that part of the manga justice

while watching the dub this morning....i caught something...hoihenheim said "it's too bad can't enjoy your cooking again" could it be implied that hohenheim knew he would die after fighting father?

edit: i like that it ended where it began with 2 people going east/west but with different purposes than father and hohenheim :)

edit: happy 4th of july lol random i know :P
suigetsu00Jul 4, 2010 11:16 AM
Jul 4, 2010 11:10 AM

Nov 2009
Perfect !!! One of the best shounen together with One Piece.

Loved the whole series+manga. Last 5 min of this finale had me from loling to geting a teary eyes.

10/10
Jul 4, 2010 11:11 AM

Mar 2008
Wonderful ending, feels right~ 10/10 overall~ (and I rarely hand these out)
Jul 4, 2010 11:11 AM

Nov 2007
FMA will be missed like nothing else ;_;

I hope they don't ruin it with a movie like they did with Mizushima's one. Anyways, this one is 100 times better than FMA (2003). Truth is Told.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jul 4, 2010 11:12 AM

Jan 2010
Well, shit. Easily one of the best animes I've ever seen.
Jul 4, 2010 11:12 AM

Oct 2009
The ending was just perfect. I love that ed and winry ended up together, their kids are so cute

I'm really sad it's over. I looked forward to watching the new episode every Sunday

This show gets an easy 10/10 from me. I doubt any other shonen I watch could ever be as great as this.
Jul 4, 2010 11:17 AM

Sep 2009
I can't believe it is over. It has been one great ride, through the ups and downs. Like some one else posted earlier, I was torn between laughing and crying. I thought they tied everything up and we got a happy ending. The babies were so cute.

*sigh* I guess I can wait awhile and re-watch....This will be one of my favourite animes.
Jul 4, 2010 11:18 AM
Aug 2008
Wah it's over! T-T What an end and what a ride this has been. :) I really liked the touch on Mustang's group. I really felt my closure on everyone with this ending, but honestly Mustang's mustache....D: why?! XD Other than that little thing haha, I feel satisfied. 10/10 right here. Good-bye FMA! <3 I'll be looking forward to the movie! :D
Jul 4, 2010 11:20 AM

Jun 2009
freaking perfect show!!! 10/10! ending was perfectly perfect..... ;_;

Jul 4, 2010 11:20 AM

Aug 2008
BEST SERIE EVER! <3<3<3<3<3
Jul 4, 2010 11:25 AM

Apr 2010
The ending was soo cuutee! xD And i'm happy that Mustang got his sight back! But i will miss FMA! I loved it! XDD
Jul 4, 2010 11:26 AM

Jan 2009
This was one of best series I've seen!
Standing for Truth. Standing for Justice. Standing Around.
Jul 4, 2010 11:28 AM

Dec 2008
Great ending to a great series!! I give it a 10/10 better then the first one I can tell u that. I loved how they added more on Mustang's group in the beginning of the episode XD. The babies were so cute lol. I was crying throughout the episode lol but the closure was great, but the mustache...........wtf really.... but I am satisfied. BYE BYE FMA!!! But I'll be looking forward to the movie XD
My Favorite Anime/Manga:

FMA (I support Royai and EdWin!)
Soul Eater
Bleach
Naruto

"It's bad enough he is useless on rainy days" Riza from FMA

Jul 4, 2010 11:30 AM
Mar 2010
That was some badass confession! ;D
Jul 4, 2010 11:44 AM

Apr 2009
for the first time Fma made my cry ( a little bit) when Winry jumped when she saw them :D really awesome and dramatic moment there...
loved it
Jul 4, 2010 11:46 AM

Dec 2009
EPICCCCCCCCC. i have nothing further to say. . . .
Jul 4, 2010 11:49 AM

Apr 2010
C2 said:
Shed manly tears a few times for this anime. Masterpiece!

Pretty much sums it all up for me :)
10/10

grklein said:

Yeah, I'm happy I'm not the only one who thought it so :p
SilgrondJul 4, 2010 11:55 AM
Jul 4, 2010 11:53 AM
Mar 2010
Would have like to seen Ed and Al's reaction to Hohenheims death but oh well. Great series.
Jul 4, 2010 11:55 AM

Aug 2009
I spent a few minutes laughing at Mustang's mustache. It's even more hilarious than Scar's hair.

Loved the episode, much more detail than the final chapter of the manga- fantastic!

Gonna miss this series!!
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Jul 4, 2010 12:00 PM

Feb 2009
Excellent episode. A few modifications here and there that really did wonders to the wrap-up episode.
Mustang part was really done well, loved how they added Havoc in there.
Scar part was kinda off.
Ling part as flashback was ok.
Winry slowly coming out of the door was kinda pushing it a little but well it was ok.
Selim part was really cute and great.
Al meeting with the chimeras was fun but they left out their talk about their own research that they did.
And of course, confession/proposal part of Ed/Winry was the best part of the episode. Couldn't stop smiling at that part. Better than the manga.
"Hologram" playing at last part was great, that was my favorite OP song. I remember LanFan being at the left side of Ling's throne but oh well. The ending credits were excellent. For what the brothers went through, this ending was what they deserved.

It was painful to update this show and set it as completed. But a great show must come to an end. Although there were some inconsistencies in the pacing of the first episodes and the last parts and some events that were left, modified or cut out, it was minor that I forget about it sometimes. Overall, one of the most faithful adaptation and ending to one of the greatest mangas out there. Definitely deserves a 10/10.

I wonder what the movie is about. Condensing the whole series in 2-3 hours? Or maybe a side story of the forgotten Ishbal arc(I so wanted that "stray bullet" that they said there). Whatever it is, you can never have enough FMA so let's have it.

Lol at the 1/5 at the polls and 1/10 score given. Can you give the reason for those scores? I don't think this show deserves that but let's hear out your reason to be fair.
belatkuroJul 4, 2010 12:09 PM
Jul 4, 2010 12:06 PM

Nov 2007
One hell of a ride. I'd give this a 9/10, but the pre-pubescent humor and the overall lighthearted atmosphere makes me unable to do so. All in all it was a great series, however, so it gets the strongest of 8s.
Jul 4, 2010 12:07 PM
Dec 2009
Winry babies :3

It's finished now, was awesome and really fun to watch =)

Jul 4, 2010 12:11 PM
Jun 2009
sorry for my English.
weeelll... that's it. the true end of FMA. I'll miss Edward so much...
and OMG Roy's moustache! xD hahaha!
okay, graphically it's not the best episode I've ever seen, but it was fine. I surprisingly didn't cry but it was really touching in the end.
Mei and Alphonse are so cute! xD
EdxWin were cute too, but I actually hate Winry (cause I'm jealous).
10/10 for the plot
5/10 for graphics
9/10 for the music
10/10 for characters.
Pages (20) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

samatar45 - Oct 2, 2009

286 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Oct 11, 2009

296 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

» What’s bad about this anime ( 1 2 3 )

sangonomiya_k - Nov 18, 2023

132 by Chewbaccaccino »»
Apr 21, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

adamantine - Aug 16, 2009

215 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 20, 10:29 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ahenshihael - Jun 21, 2009

175 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 15, 8:13 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.