Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 24, 2010 11:02 AM

Aug 2008
Dammit I need to stop watching these sad episodes. Poor Hinata, me and her were a lot alike(and I don't find that many characters that are like me). She was like a female version of myself. I'm gonna miss her dammit.

Goddamn Pein, prepare to get the hardest ass whooping of your life!

Jun 24, 2010 11:19 AM

Oct 2009
Loved this episode

This was a big moment in the manga, so I'm glad they're going all out for the animation for this fight

And I feel bad for laughing when that frog got attacked by Pain xD
Jun 24, 2010 11:21 AM

Feb 2010
Lame confession followed by death.
Expected nine-tails transformation.
Will pain be able to handle the nine-tails? Will whatever is left in the village still be there when naruto is done?
Jun 24, 2010 11:21 AM

Dec 2009
belatkuro said:
This is a prime example of extending the content of an episode to a certain extent that it fails overall. Too much useless scenes that really didn't help with the episode. I know it is necessary to extend some parts in the manga to make it fit in an episode but this is just pushing it to reach that cliffhanger. It really didn't help that Hinata took a different approach after the confession and attacked the black rods first, which was not in the manga, and there were additional fight scenes of Hinata and Pain. Not to mention the flashbacks are kinda repetitive in the sense that Hinata, Naruto and everyone else are spouting the same words each time.

Having your life flash before your eyes when you die... It makes the death more dramatic and poignant. (...haven't they used this trick before?) If they're going to kill off a character that people like, it shows respect to make it dramatic.

But then, I haven't read the manga, so I don't know for sure who is dead and who is just mostly dead....

...mostly dead is slightly alive...
Jun 24, 2010 11:22 AM
Jun 2008
If only Hinata appear 80% in Naruto series ,Maybe i will put the score 10/10

What is this?? Roman Colosseum gladiator show??.......Hinata's death are a bit pointless here, I rather she die in a desert with no audience.I hate those audience who watch Hinata as Hinata struggle....the audience is lack of dramatic speech .
I guess these this happen many this.
MorningGloryJun 24, 2010 11:37 AM
Jun 24, 2010 11:34 AM
Oct 2009
omg love this episode, all the drama. But is Hinata death, or just unconscious??
Jun 24, 2010 11:44 AM

Jul 2007
Xenoknight said:
Naruto is easily the second greatest story ever told...

i am hoping that was sarcasm and you are not serious :/

Ousto said:
Loved this episode

This was a big moment in the manga, so I'm glad they're going all out for the animation for this fight

And I feel bad for laughing when that frog got attacked by Pain xD

You know I could care less in animation in upcoming episodes.

Naruto's sage-mode fight was this big should-be-epic moment for main character where he did more than use lame tail stuff and they did not bother to animate it properly...

Now once the whole naruto-gets-trolled-by-kishi-lets-lol-go-kyuubi-modo, they want to waste animation budget on this? Lol, just lol
Jun 24, 2010 11:54 AM

Sep 2009
suigetsu00 said:
lol yeah....in the manga didnt she confess to naruto then immediately get pulled to pein and stabbed?

i cant wait for the rest of the arc either

Yup, I guess they dragged out on the episode to avoid fillers later on but should they really need to do that?

I mean really, the manga has leaped far further than the anime has.
Jun 24, 2010 12:01 PM

Jan 2008
smokes said:

but seeing Hinata flying like a bug was funny :))

that's mean... poor hinata :((
Jun 24, 2010 12:05 PM

Oct 2009
enerjak said:
omg
love the extra scenes and the back story of hinata first meeting of naruto
lo´ve the drama when she try to remove the sticks from his body
love the tension , and the drama

man i fell in love with hinata again lol

This..
great extra scenes and awesome animation.. love this episode..

Fai said:
ios said:
upcoming episodes will be awesome

*checks his manga list*
Interesting case.
Well, lets just say that you lost any credibility on being a human being, with what you said.

Opps.. Fail troller again.
Jun 24, 2010 12:06 PM

Mar 2010
damn nice, Finally the awesoem form is back naruto= well kinda good when in sage mode and stuff nine tails=damn just pure fucking awesome ness i wanna see more than 5 tails!!!! woehoe!

Jun 24, 2010 12:06 PM

Sep 2009
i can't wait for next week. The episode will be awesome.
Jun 24, 2010 12:37 PM

Apr 2008
Annoying episode, wasted so much time on pointless made up story about hinata and shit. Wish they could get to the good parts of kicking ass quicker.

But it was a nice episode considering all the fan service. Too bad that Hinatas confession was wasted
ZingFreelancerJun 24, 2010 12:41 PM
I shall know no fear as I am fear incarnated
Jun 24, 2010 12:38 PM

May 2008
cool back story on Hinata and Naruto. Nice way to build up
the story.
Jun 24, 2010 12:55 PM

Jan 2010
This is my all time favorite episode. They made this so much better than what the manga portrayed it. Cant wait for the next few episodes. Kish thanks you for a least doing this arc good. After this is all done i just might quit watching and reading Naruto. They made this ep so much more emotinal than the manga. Cant wait till next week.!

A man who knows nothing and says something IS the dumbest person alive. A man who knows something and says nothing could possibly be the smartest person in the world -Unknown

Jun 24, 2010 1:31 PM

Jul 2009
Goodness, that filler was unnessessary...

I love Hinata, yet why did the anime producers have to go with the cliche 'You rescued me now I love you'!!!
Before-hand, as far as we knew, she had simply noticed Naruto stood out and built up respect for him.
I was begging Naruto wouldn't come to her aid, yet alas, production have been watching to many romance films.:p

Also, why did they have to make Hinata stronger then Kishimoto portrays her to be?
I prefered it when Hinata knew she had no chance yet acted spontaniously.

What was belivable was how easily she lost to her baby sister, yet doesn't this show how powerfull her sister is? There's atleast a four year difference.

What was Sakura doing? She simply seemed to be staring into space when the 'expolsion' occured.

Apart from the above, great episode, one of the best recently.;)

Jun 24, 2010 1:40 PM

Feb 2009
Why don't we have more episodes like this? This was the only great episode of Naruto in a long long while. It does seem the good animation will continue in the next episode. Too bad they didn't animate the whole Naruto Vs. all the bodies of Pain with half the production values of this episode.
Jun 24, 2010 1:42 PM

Jun 2010
This episode was the only reason I decided to jump back into the anime for this arc after sticking to the manga for over 2 years. And in my opinion this is the best transition from the manga so far in this arc, cause the fight as a whole has been iffy. And literally I loved the flashbacks cause they reminded me why I liked Naruto as a story so much in the beginning, a stubborn underachiever with big dreams and bold words and statements. Still I know its weird thinking this now but im not a coupling person and all, but doesnt that make Hinata the first ever person to acknowledge Naruto with maybe the slight exception of the Third Hokage and Iruka?
Jun 24, 2010 1:50 PM
Apr 2009
You guys really can't notice when the animation is better lol : P animation > art by far. The animation was ok, but I def. saw a difference.

Hinata ...Although I doubt she dies (I Havnt read manga, just a guess) btw A NEW MOVE lol. What was that, lion fist thing, it looked awesome. Its like she was fighting with rasengans in her hand.

And why the hell didnt Naruto do anything...Hes just laying there emotionless. Man I could think of a trillion things to do to remove that rod from my hands. Unless it blocks chakra or w/e.
Jun 24, 2010 1:59 PM

May 2010
NOOO plz dont let Hinata die!

Btw they didnt show Naruto's face when Hinata said she loved him.
Jun 24, 2010 2:04 PM

Aug 2007
And that's a prove kids, that an episode without Sasuke is a good episode!

NinthJake said:
Yup, I guess they dragged out on the episode to avoid fillers later on but should they really need to do that?

Hell, I'd rather have episodes like that than a-place-to-return-to-like fillers =_=
Besides, I didn't really feel like this episode was dragged or boring. It was very beautiful. The confession scene is more dramatic than in manga which is a plus. In manga it looked rushed and felt more like "Diner is ready" than "I love you".

Jun 24, 2010 2:23 PM

Apr 2010
i love this epi *-*

Hinata is so cute *-* naruhina \o/

but i hope she is alive ç-ç
Jun 24, 2010 2:23 PM

Nov 2008
Is it just me or did Hinata's voice sounded different?
Jun 24, 2010 3:12 PM
Apr 2010
This episode was crap, plot-wise. I mean seriously, out of nowhere, Hinata for some unknown reason (unless dictated by the manga, which I haven't read) suddenly goes and has a random flashback, in the middle of a fight, that decides the fate of humanity? WTF?!!! It's sh*t, pure sh*t.

Thought the animation, was way better than usually; it was actually par to angel beats animation at some of it's parts.
Jun 24, 2010 3:38 PM

Jan 2009
DxC3i said:

Fai said:
ios said:

*checks his manga list*
Interesting case.
Well, lets just say that you lost any credibility on being a human being, with what you said.

err i dont get you 2 im a sucker for awesome animation thats why i said the upcoming episodes will be awesome whats that got to do with my animelist and mangalist

prejudice people tsk tsk tsk
Jun 24, 2010 3:50 PM
Jul 2008
Hinata was so awesome but she died? It was sad. At least the real battle starts now.
Jun 24, 2010 3:51 PM

Mar 2009
Great episode, reminds me of how much of a jerk naruto is in the manga.

Jun 24, 2010 4:01 PM

Mar 2010
Now this is a good naruto episode.. Must say these last few are all pretty good though..

Hinata's uber cuteness/epicness confession makes this great though.

Seeing 'ma' flying away was funny though..
Jun 24, 2010 4:03 PM

Jan 2010
NinthJake said:
suigetsu00 said:
lol yeah....in the manga didnt she confess to naruto then immediately get pulled to pein and stabbed?

I prefer going into details and getting dragged on rather than watching 2 months worth of fillers. That's just me.
Jun 24, 2010 4:09 PM

Jan 2010
The episode was great, music animation (kinda) the timing with the flashbacks. However the only problem i had was Naruto's reaction when Hinata said she loved him. They should have added his expression after the wind blowing my hair moment. Other than that, it was pefect.
Jun 24, 2010 4:18 PM

Jan 2008
I've read the manga, too lazy to add to my list, but can nobody on MAL read the note on the front page? Anyways...

OH MY GAWD, I'M SQUEALING INSIDE!!! Damnit, why didn't they show his facial expression to her saying "Because I love you."

Aw, chibi Hinata back story. What was with the red circles on her face though? HAHA @ Naruto's clone.

Nagato/Pain face while just looking at Hinata while she was walking toward's Naruto was funny. He just looked so calm.

AHHH.. SQUEALING AGAIN! Damnit, Pain just had to ruin the mood. Bastard. Hinata =[[ ... Welp, Naruto's mad.
Jun 24, 2010 6:09 PM

Nov 2008
punkster90 said:
NinthJake said:
suigetsu00 said:

I prefer going into details and getting dragged on rather than watching 2 months worth of fillers. That's just me.

me too....but this was dragged out too much in my opinion ><

Ssjbryando said:
You guys really can't notice when the animation is better lol : P animation > art by far. The animation was ok, but I def. saw a difference.

Hinata ...Although I doubt she dies (I Havnt read manga, just a guess) btw A NEW MOVE lol. What was that, lion fist thing, it looked awesome. Its like she was fighting with rasengans in her hand.

And why the hell didnt Naruto do anything...Hes just laying there emotionless. Man I could think of a trillion things to do to remove that rod from my hands. Unless it blocks chakra or w/e.

that was a filler move so i doubt we'll see it again >.< but it looked like it had potential

naruto cant do anything those are body controlling rods remember? plus nagato/pein has a lot more chakra than naruto
suigetsu00Jun 24, 2010 6:23 PM
Jun 24, 2010 7:24 PM

Oct 2009
ios said:
DxC3i said:

Fai said:
ios said:

*checks his manga list*
Interesting case.

err i dont get you 2 im a sucker for awesome animation thats why i said the upcoming episodes will be awesome whats that got to do with my animelist and mangalist

You don't understand but i was quoting that Fai troller. he don't leave a chance to troll naruto thread with his bad/laughable comments/theories.. so if you praise animation or anything he will troll your post.. don't mind him. he already lost credibility as a human being.
Jun 24, 2010 8:06 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Damn, I cried. :P

Jun 24, 2010 8:26 PM

Jan 2009
DxC3i said:
ios said:
DxC3i said:

Fai said:
ios said:

*checks his manga list*
Interesting case.

You don't understand but i was quoting that Fai troller. he don't leave a chance to troll naruto thread with his bad/laughable comments/theories.. so if you praise animation or anything he will troll your post.. don't mind him. he already lost credibility as a human being.

lol i see ye that Fai is always criticising plots when in fact this is anime and anime is just a japanese term for animation so thats where i base mainly my praise on every anime i see
Jun 24, 2010 8:27 PM
Sep 2009
Damn, Hinata... :/

When Pain drove that chakra transmitter into her and Naruto's eyes turned red, I literally felt chills running up my spine. Definitely one of the better episodes of Shippuden as of late.

Hinata... <3 ;/
Jun 24, 2010 8:31 PM

Nov 2007
i have goosebumps. i've been waiting soooo long for this!
it's. . . just. . . . . . FACKIN' EH!
NEXT EPISODE WILL BE AWESOME!
the masochist says "hurt me! hurt me!" the sadist replies "no"
Jun 24, 2010 8:48 PM

May 2010
Man, I always tear up when Pain takes out Hinata.

What a jerk.
Jun 24, 2010 9:00 PM

Jun 2010
Still Naruto didnt even really seem too attached, not even the typical eye widening a character gets, I mean she did basically give him her heart and opened up, and brought back a classic quote. And finally when she gets stabbed, he goes rawr, eh typical fail shounen romance. Now I only wish I knew that theme that played at the beginning of her speech and childhood, glad to see the OST has gotten more sentimental.
Jun 24, 2010 9:10 PM

Mar 2010
This episode has been the best/dramatic one i've seen so far. :D
I love Hinata more now, the animation looked great in this episode and awesome
when naruto and pein fight in the next one. Ugh...if only they did this to all the episodes. T,T
Pein deserves to die, but don't worry ppl hinata will live!!
Shes the only one that deserves to be with naruto.
Fuck Sakura!! shes a whore! d:
Jun 24, 2010 9:48 PM

Jul 2008
Next week that is all :D

5/5
Jun 24, 2010 9:50 PM

Jun 2010
I am so in loved with this episode...

HINATA!!! T_T

pain is so freakin` dead now!
-= Space for Rent =-
Jun 24, 2010 9:54 PM

Nov 2007
SkyFade said:
Still Naruto didnt even really seem too attached, not even the typical eye widening a character gets, I mean she did basically give him her heart and opened up, and brought back a classic quote. And finally when she gets stabbed, he goes rawr, eh typical fail shounen romance. Now I only wish I knew that theme that played at the beginning of her speech and childhood, glad to see the OST has gotten more sentimental.

I think some people get tunnel vision on things so Naruto wouldn't of notice Hinata. He's also not the brightest bulb when it comes to girls as it is. But through all of the series they had a bond of being outcasts and all, at least that's how I saw it.

But yea, I hope she's still alive. Some sad sht.
Jun 24, 2010 9:57 PM

Jun 2009
WHYYYYYY!!!! My Favorite character is dead!! NOOOOO!!

...Awesome episode, made me QQ
Jun 24, 2010 10:15 PM

Aug 2008
Ssjbryando said:

The chakara that was flowing through those rods were restricting naruto's movements. He couldn't move.
Jun 24, 2010 10:22 PM

Mar 2010
suigetsu00 said:

Ssjbryando said:

that was a filler move so i doubt we'll see it again >.< but it looked like it had potential

naruto cant do anything those are body controlling rods remember? plus nagato/pein has a lot more chakra than naruto
Those rods disrupt chakra and the jutsu is canon seen here
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/naruto/images/e/e1/Juho_Soshiken.jpg
Jun 24, 2010 10:52 PM

May 2009
I'll say one thing for Hinata, she went into that battle KNOWING she was gonna get her ass handed to her. That takes balls.

Still don't like her though...

This Fairy Tale Is Ending
Jun 24, 2010 11:42 PM

Jul 2009
Alls i gotta say is...
I stand by what i say, because thats my Ninja way.

by far..my fave episode.
and the ending...BEAST!
Jun 24, 2010 11:52 PM

Sep 2008
The manga had a better confession but the fight scene was very anti-climactic...actually, it was downright laughable.(It's chapter 437, if you're curious. Stop reading on the page she gets stabbed or the beginning of the next episode will be spoiled.) This was one of the rare instances of the anime outdoing the manga.
MagicWookieJun 25, 2010 1:50 AM
Jun 25, 2010 1:15 AM

Jan 2009
It was a cool episode, but I wonder why did they put too much effort in the animation of Hina v. Pain, they could've just done that when Naruto was spaming Rasengans before.

Other than that, it was great, I just hope the animation keeps up.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 133 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ssjbryando - Oct 29, 2009

191 by shoelaze »»
Yesterday, 3:39 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 346 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2014

58 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 23, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 343 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Griffith - Dec 19, 2013

152 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 22, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 500 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

435 by Mabexix »»
Apr 22, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 339 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

loveyuri - Nov 21, 2013

162 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 21, 11:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.