Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 22, 2008 10:40 PM

Apr 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
and it ended. somehow I wasn't expecting it to end like that. I mean, a good and happy ending. anyway..

overall, amazing series, loved it.

nihilApr 22, 2008 10:45 PM
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Apr 22, 2008 11:05 PM

Jul 2007
Well the ending wasn't really what I expected but it was okay, I feel like there were so many questions left unanswered or..at least I never figured them out lol:P but anyways this was quite a mysterious anime but I really enjoyed it, it was definitely refreshing and I loved the different sound effects used throughout the series, it really made everything all the more intense.
Apr 23, 2008 12:25 AM

Feb 2008
woh!! i'm still downloading it!! cant wait~~ ah~
Apr 23, 2008 2:43 AM
Jun 2007
Okay, what?!

I mean, seriously, what?! I don't think I've ever been quite this...dumbfounded and confused. I mean, I loved it. But I don't get it. At all.

Apr 23, 2008 5:31 AM

Feb 2008
The ending was a bit rushed, but this last episode was still pretty good.
Overall, I enjoyed this anime. Probably going to give it an 8/10.
KayroApr 23, 2008 7:31 AM
Apr 23, 2008 7:05 AM

Jan 2008
Rushed ending and many questions left unanswered. Nonetheless, one of the most interesting last season series. 9/10 from me.

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
Apr 23, 2008 10:05 AM

Jul 2007
I wasn't expecting such a cheerful happy ending... but it was a good series overall.
Apr 23, 2008 12:11 PM

Sep 2007
Yeah, the ending was a little to happy...but it was still pretty nice

This series was fucking awesome :D

9/10

Apr 23, 2008 12:33 PM

Jul 2007
Great ending, the anime was a bit too jumpy on the last two episodes though, and too slow in the beginning. I'll give it a 6/10, but I'll still be re-watching this series.
Apr 23, 2008 2:03 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Yeah, it was a 'different' final episode but I enjoyed the series a lot as well. 8/10

We need more shows like these.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 23, 2008 2:09 PM

Jul 2007
Really enjoyed it; felt kinda like Mushishi but with something of a storyline and it really did feel like there were a lot of questions unanswered. Like said before, not sure what but I did like the ending though still kinda confused on the spirits thing. 9/10 from me.

My guess is that the artificial life man tried to create was so radically different from the real life that the spirits were fighting and throwing off the physical/spiritual balance in the town. So, by sending away the "artificial" life into that one "tunnel" filled with all kinds of spirits, the balance was restored.

Also, what did Miyako mean by "I'll still watch over you" and why was she crying in the end? Not sure about that.
きみ は だれ だい?
ぼく は ラムボ!
ぼく は だれ だい?
きみ は ラムボ!
ラムボ なんでし!
Apr 23, 2008 2:14 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Ani-Blast said:
Also, what did Miyako mean by "I'll still watch over you" and why was she crying in the end? Not sure about that.

Those were the words Taro's sister said back then, the ones he couldn't hear.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 23, 2008 3:01 PM

Jan 2008
A great ending, typhoons really do set quite an atmosphere in a series ;)
I really enjoyed this series, definitely something original
Apr 23, 2008 4:06 PM

Oct 2007
Interesting end,slow show but nice overall.

Apr 23, 2008 6:05 PM

Sep 2007
Yeah, many things went unanswered, but I actually feel okay with that, didn't think I would. xD

This bugs me though, or maybe I missed it... why is this called Ghost Hound? D:
Apr 23, 2008 6:16 PM

Apr 2007
Trineas said:
Yeah, the ending was a little to happy...but it was still pretty nice

This series was fucking awesome :D

9/10

my thoughts exactly.
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Apr 23, 2008 6:49 PM

Jan 2008
Didn't really like this episode, but I'll be honest that I was not expecting an ending that was on par with the rest of the series. This episode had smiling, everything went right, and there was happiness this is not a typical trait of Ghost Hound's. Great series, but a pretty crappy ending to me. Ending keeps it at a 9/10
Apr 23, 2008 8:45 PM
Jun 2007
Synthetic said:
Yeah, many things went unanswered, but I actually feel okay with that, didn't think I would. xD

This bugs me though, or maybe I missed it... why is this called Ghost Hound? D:

I suppose they meant to do something more with the "Taro and Makoto can transform into Black Rat/Hound things" but didn't plan far enough ahead and just squeezed Makoto being able to leave his body/become the "Ghost Hound" once more.

No matter how I look at it, it was a good series but they just didn't plan far enough ahead.

Apr 23, 2008 9:42 PM

Nov 2007
Kayro said:

My thoughts exactly. A very good watch.
Apr 23, 2008 11:23 PM

Jan 2008
Good show, too bad it's finished.... Ending was rushed, i expected a little more between miyuki and taro (hug or something xD) Anyway, 8/10
~de Arimasu
Apr 24, 2008 3:11 AM

May 2007
Wyvr said:
i expected a little more between miyuki and taro (hug or something xD)

me too! >__<
another great anime is finished ;_;

i'll miss all the OBE experiences...ah and the great Makoto
Apr 24, 2008 5:27 AM

Feb 2007
AnimusNathan said:
Okay, what?!

I mean, seriously, what?! I don't think I've ever been quite this...dumbfounded and confused. I mean, I loved it. But I don't get it. At all.

Huh? You called Ghost Hound Arsty-Crap on the Ep 1 thread. Lol, things must have changed.

Anyway, I knew the the ending was going to be quite different than the rest of the series. There are a few flaws with how this ending came together (the building up, a couple things are left unanswered, for some people the "HAPPY HAPPY" ending will bug them), but I still enjoyed it very much. Hirata got some nice closure, Michio was awesome to watch, and Ootori...in her different outfit and changed hairstyle, you can kinda understand why half the male cast liked her. xD

I'm tempted to give 10/10, but it's really nowhere near a Masterpiece, though very entertaining to watch. 9/10
Apr 24, 2008 6:01 AM

Feb 2008
I'm gonna miss Makoto.

Ghost Hound turns out to be one of my fav.

Apr 24, 2008 10:33 AM

Sep 2007
kluxorious said:
I'm gonna miss Makoto.

Ghost Hound turns out to be one of my fav.

Makoto -insert 50 bazillion hearts here- Me too.

YEAH LOOK AT MY USERBAR SPAM. -pokes- I R MAKOTO'S WIFE.
/end stupid
Apr 24, 2008 10:46 AM

Jan 2008
Many unaswered questions and really great entertainment. The whole series was just amazing. Especially when someone is a psychiatry and neurology maniac :) As for me 10/10. Maybe also place in favorites ^^
Apr 24, 2008 1:01 PM

Jul 2007
kashim said:
Rushed ending and many questions left unanswered. Nonetheless, one of the most interesting last season series. 9/10 from me.

Just what I'd say.

Somehow things went too well too quickly, though it wasn't really a big deal. Also, as everybody said, too many unanswered questions... This series could definitelly use a 2nd season.
Apr 24, 2008 1:02 PM
Jun 2007
kasumisama said:
Kayro said:

My thoughts exactly. A very good watch.

I share your sentiments as well. 8/10
Apr 24, 2008 4:43 PM

Jul 2007
It was an interesting ending. Not what i was expecting, but good nonetheless. I was hoping to see more questions answered, i (think) i understood most of it.

Overall it was a good series, but it could have been fleshed out a bit more. The base concept was really interesting, the story was relatively well done, and i liked most of the characters.
Apr 24, 2008 5:47 PM

Jun 2007
kashim said:

Exactly.
I feel bad for Taro though... his memorable picture has him dressed in miko clothing. XD
Ah! I´m gonna miss Makoto and Miyako!!!! T .T

Apr 24, 2008 5:54 PM
Jun 2007
BlueYoshi said:

Huh? You called Ghost Hound Arsty-Crap on the Ep 1 thread.

That was 6 months/21 episodes ago.

Apr 24, 2008 8:46 PM

Sep 2007
I didn't feel like the ending was rushed at all...
and even though everyone says that a lot of things have been left unanswered, I can't think of a single (major) point.

Really good anime, I'll be giving it a 7 or 8.
Apr 25, 2008 3:36 AM
Jun 2007
naikou said:
I didn't feel like the ending was rushed at all...
and even though everyone says that a lot of things have been left unanswered, I can't think of a single (major) point.

Really good anime, I'll be giving it a 7 or 8.

What is a Ghost Hound? Why do they have superpowers as projections? Who/What is the person/thing that was communicating with Taro. What was that portal? What was the Ryuujin(Dragon)?

And those are only off the top of my head.

Apr 25, 2008 5:26 AM

Sep 2007
AnimusNathan said:

What is a Ghost Hound?

Makoto was compared to a Wolf God or something from his grandmother a few times.
(You have the Aura of the Wolf God or something like that was it)

AnimusNathan said:

Why do they have superpowers as projections?

They are just projections, I guess you could compare that status to dreaming but staying in reality at the same time...it was explained a while ago (well, a little bit of it)

AnimusNathan said:

Who/What is the person/thing that was communicating with Taro.

His sister (not 100% clear but after he said his sister is always with him I guess he's refering to the projection in his brain to which he talked to)

AnimusNathan said:

What was that portal?

Which portal are you refering to?

AnimusNathan said:

What was the Ryuujin(Dragon)?

It wasn't a Dragon, it was a fight between the spirits and the Bioids which only looked like a Dragon (Miyako foresaw this fight, I guess and refered it as a Dragon)

Apr 25, 2008 8:22 AM

Sep 2007
Yeah, I would have said about the same thing that Trineas' said.

In the case of the "portal" - if you're talking about the rift between Tarou's brain and the kakuryu (sp?), then it's just a further sign of the degeneration between reality and the spirit world.

It's not that there weren't answers in this series, it's just that they didn't beat the audience over the head with them, as so many others tend to do. Of course, maybe I'm wrong and there is some major point that was left unanswered, but so far, no one in this thread has mentioned one...
naikouApr 25, 2008 8:28 AM
Apr 25, 2008 8:58 AM
Jun 2007
Trineas said:
AnimusNathan said:

What is a Ghost Hound?

Makoto was compared to a Wolf God or something from his grandmother a few times.
(You have the Aura of the Wolf God or something like that was it)

And that's how they got the title of the anime?!

Trineas said:
AnimusNathan said:

Who/What is the person/thing that was communicating with Taro.

His sister (not 100% clear but after he said his sister is always with him I guess he's refering to the projection in his brain to which he talked to)

But right at the end talking to the thing he says "you aren't my sister are you" feel free to correct that quote if you can.

Trineas said:
AnimusNathan said:

What was that portal?

Which portal are you refering to?

The one the bioids and the Ryuujin went into.

Trineas said:
AnimusNathan said:

What was the Ryuujin(Dragon)?

It wasn't a Dragon, it was a fight between the spirits and the Bioids which only looked like a Dragon (Miyako foresaw this fight, I guess and refered it as a Dragon)

"Dragon" in Shintoism isn't quite the same as "Dragon" the fire breathing, winged, giant lizard in western mythology.

naikou said:
no one in this thread has mentioned one...

My questions were legitimate, and some of them still don't have answers.

Apr 25, 2008 10:47 AM

Sep 2007
I agree that your questions were legitimate, but I think that at least most of them have pretty sound answers.

AnimusNathan said:
And that's how they got the title of the anime?!

Yeah. No one said it was a great title, but it fits.
AnimusNathan said:
But right at the end talking to the thing he says "you aren't my sister are you" feel free to correct that quote if you can.

I watched ep. 21 raw, so my japanese could be off, but I'm pretty sure that he was talking about Miyako not being his sister. And then the thing said something like, "You've really grown," to Tarou. Wouldn't that imply that it knew him when he was younger?
AnimusNathan said:
The one the bioids and the Ryuujin went into.

This one I can't answer, but I'm not sure it's really a very important question to the overall plot of the anime. What matters is that the problem was nullified, and that the man-made spirits were accepted by the natural ones, and visa versa. Where they went... who cares? Heaven? To be reincarnated? To dwell with the God of One Word? It's not very important to know exactly where, just that it was obviously some "higher" place.

So yeah, kind of a cop-out answer, but again, it's not a question that leaves a plot hole. When it comes to supernatural events, there's a certain suspension of disbelief that makes the technicalities irrelevant.
AnimusNathan said:
"Dragon" in Shintoism isn't quite the same as "Dragon" the fire breathing, winged, giant lizard in western mythology.

Yeah, exactly. It really looked like an eastern dragon, don't you think? I'm fairly sure you know more about them than I do, though (anyone would, as I know almost nothing about them), so maybe I missed your point?
Apr 25, 2008 3:29 PM

Dec 2007
Great ending and I thought it answered the major questions but in a round a bout way. Honestly, this show embodies the Japanese old world beliefs with new influences of science pushing in on them and even ridiculing them a bit. You have to remember too that the Japanese, and especially proper use of the language, are all about being incredibly indirect (except for a few things like the use of anata) and this show definitely built on that idea. I enjoyed this show mainly because it hit on many spiritual vs science topics, especially this last episode. Not sure if this show will go down in the books as top 10 just because it was so obscure on every topic, which makes it hard to understand for people who don't like to think or haven't studied psychology, ancient Japanese mythology or a long list of other things that were brought up to debate. Definitely going to watch it again to see what I missed but this show definitely gets a 10/10 from me.
playconnApr 25, 2008 3:40 PM
Apr 26, 2008 1:25 AM

Mar 2008
Miyako smiling made me all happy and I smiled at the same time ^^

pretty much everyone said what I wanted to say about it. Good end but not everything is fully explained though unless I just missed something. It sort of feels like its finished but also like its possible to continue maybe their will be an ova with some more explanations latter on I hope.
Apr 26, 2008 8:18 AM

Jan 2007
Hm. I dunno. Not what I would have expected, and not very satisfying.

8/10 overall, though.
Apr 26, 2008 9:57 AM

Jul 2007
Rushed, I agree.. but still loved it. Original and fun, with a lot to think about. It's good when that happens, and this one did it well. I'm pretty sad it's over.

I LOVED when the rock fell on the house. ^_^ That was just classic.
Apr 26, 2008 10:22 PM

Nov 2007
Good series. I felt a bit disappointed at the end -- I can't call to mind any major "plot" questions, but I do feel like the writers brought up a whole of concepts that I would've liked them to spend more time on. From some of the earlier episodes, I expected there to be more to certain plot ideas than there ended up being. But like I said, over all, it was very good, and I feel like I should watch it again so I can pick up the threads I'm sure I missed.

[avatar from Tales of the Abyss]
Apr 26, 2008 10:26 PM

Feb 2007
AnimusNathan said:
BlueYoshi said:

And I think that you didn't comment on the Ep 2-21 threads at all. Hard to know what you thought of the show as the episodes kept airing you know.
Apr 27, 2008 4:58 AM
Jun 2007
BlueYoshi said:
AnimusNathan said:
BlueYoshi said:

And I think that you didn't comment on the Ep 2-21 threads at all. Hard to know what you thought of the show as the episodes kept airing you know.

I tend not to bother to post after it's gotten a few pages because anything I was going to say has already been said. I'm fairly sure I did post at one point during it's airing, but maybe I didn't.

Apr 27, 2008 11:46 PM

Mar 2008
the only reason you people aren't satisfied is probably because the ending was sort of anti climatic =/ I mean it builds up to a climax but it just quickly drops down in the end
Apr 28, 2008 3:10 PM
Feb 2008
I didn't like the ending, anyway...7/10
Apr 30, 2008 3:30 PM

Oct 2007
Uuchie said:
kashim said:

Just what I'd say.

Somehow things went too well too quickly, though it wasn't really a big deal. Also, as everybody said, too many unanswered questions... This series could definitelly use a 2nd season.

I'm with you, except I give it an 8/10. Unanswered questions is an understatement, this series as a whole was a big enigma...an entertaining one, but an enigma nonetheless. I still don'
t even get why the show was called Ghost Hound. Try explaining what this show was about to someone else...such as...what exactly was the plot, lol!
May 2, 2008 3:04 PM
Dec 2007
As expected, the ending was a bit rushed but still a good happy ending for a very good series (3 or 4 more episodes would have been great).

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
May 13, 2008 11:30 PM

May 2008
I liked the series!
May 13, 2008 11:34 PM
Apr 2008
yeah I don't like the ending either but overall I like this anime. I give 2 out 5 for the ending/ep.22
May 14, 2008 3:26 PM
Jan 2008
Too happy ending, but there were just enough unanswered questions.

But the happy and bright ending was about the only bad thing about the show. I would have liked a dark, and most important, open ending way more. But this still gets a 10/10. I will be rewatching this a couple of times, I believe.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ghost Hound Episode 20 Discussion

naikou - Apr 14, 2008

40 by susururu »»
Mar 31, 5:26 PM

» How many episodes before it's gets good??

RjtheGreat14 - Nov 1, 2023

8 by RjtheGreat14 »»
Dec 28, 2023 6:59 AM

Poll: » Ghost Hound Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

melancholy - Feb 10, 2008

52 by Namiszon »»
Nov 22, 2023 6:41 PM

Poll: » Ghost Hound Episode 19 Discussion

Uuchie - Apr 1, 2008

39 by tingy »»
Sep 28, 2023 10:36 PM

Poll: » Ghost Hound Episode 2 Discussion

Antarael - Nov 1, 2008

27 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Aug 19, 2023 3:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.