Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Apr 21, 2008 2:28 PM

Jan 2008
Weird how they're able to keep up this level of epicness even through a second season. This keeps getting better and better.

My Prediction of the Week:

Lelouch will end up with Karen.

Apr 21, 2008 2:31 PM

Apr 2008
Besides Rollo's ZA WARUDO, I wasn't too fond of this episode. I didn't like the whole Lelouch surveillance thing, the anti-climactic phone call,.not to mention Haxzaku taking out all those knightmares without a scratch. On the plus side though it seems we'll be getting an epic rescue mission next week.

If I had to take a guess as to why Rollo cares about that locket so much i'd say it's because it's his first real posession, what with him being created artifitially (I assume) and all, and that it makes him feel "real". As horribly cheesy and emo as that sounds.

Still, i'm hoping for some reason or another he'll join up with Lelouch for a while before eventually dying (in a nice way of course).
Apr 21, 2008 2:43 PM

Jun 2007
Westlo said:
The only possible partner for Kallen is Lelouch. Epic catfight inc between her and C.C this series.

dont see lulu ending with kallen. although I would like to see c.c vs kallen
I think he either ends up with c.c or dies alone
Apr 21, 2008 2:48 PM

Jun 2007
Suiko said:
Besides Rollo's ZA WARUDO, I wasn't too fond of this episode. I didn't like the whole Lelouch surveillance thing, the anti-climactic phone call,.not to mention Haxzaku taking out all those knightmares without a scratch. On the plus side though it seems we'll be getting an epic rescue mission next week.

...What!? Someone who isn't a Geasstard? Wonders will never cease.

Suiko said:
If I had to take a guess as to why Rollo cares about that locket so much i'd say it's because it's his first real posession, what with him being created artifitially (I assume) and all, and that it makes him feel "real". As horribly cheesy and emo as that sounds.

If I were to guess, I'd bet Rollo is actually the Emperor's son; one he had with a mistress. The Emperor probably raised him as a killer, with him most likely never knowing kindness, which is why the one gift Lelouch gave him means a lot to him.

Lelouch will probably get him on side by treating him as an actual brother and not a tool.
Apr 21, 2008 3:07 PM
Mar 2008
I think that the Geass of Rolo doesn't stop the time, but stop the minds instead :)

If you think it well, every Geass has something to do with Mnd, and i think Rolo is the same thing...

Im loving it, new level again ^^
Apr 21, 2008 3:23 PM

Apr 2008
how do you explain him dodging the explosion?
Apr 21, 2008 3:49 PM

Jun 2007
Aionic said:
7/10, worst episode so far. I suppose it's not surprising when this has been the first episode that hasn't been a repeat...

It started in an extremely anti-climatic manner - Rollo receiving a phone call from Lelouch, right when he was about to use his geass. This was followed by no explanation being given about how Lelouch used geass on the ambassador (how did Lelouch get to him without any of the other Chinese noticing?), switched with C.C. and got back to Ashford in a matter of minutes. The end aside, the rest of the episode seemed like filler.

Lelouch returned to Ashford, the writers using his fears for the safety of Nunnally as his reasoning for doing so, and much of the episode was spent with the Ashford gang doing nothing of interest.

Rollo was busy switching between running around Ashford like a headless chicken and reporting to Viletta, who without explanation has somehow gotten herself many promotions after being demoted in the previous series. In a nutshell, the special team Charlie sent in couldn't decide if Lelouch has returned to being Zero or if the new Zero is an imposter, so they're keeping up their observation in case he hasn't regained his memories and C.C. attempts to contact him.

Speaking of C.C., she offered Lelouch the most lame way of getting around his permanent geass - A 'special' contact lens. Why didn't see give it him as soon as his geass became permanent? The writers obviously hadn't planned for the return of filler school at that point, where they made a big deal of his permanent geass, making C.C. give a speech about her being the only one who will be left beside him.

Everyone's favourite character spinner, Suzaku, also made his usual short appearance. Just when the Europeans were celebrating their victory against Snigger, Suzaka appeared out of nowhere and owned a stupid amount of mechas on his own. I don't quite see the point in Britannia bothering sending anything else if 1x Lancelot can destroy an entire army...

Anyway, moving back to Lelouch: Lelouch decided to go for some Shirley action and take her shopping after hearing about the execution of 264 of his troops. To cut a boring story short, this resulted in Lelouch ending up alone with Rollo, Lelouch tried to geass him and ended up getting his own gun turned on him after Rollo used his ability to stop time.

At the same time, Xinghe decided to destroy the Black Knights on his own...with a sword, most likely after being informed that the ambassador had been replaced. I predict much running on walls in the next episode.

The episode was saved by the end. Apart from the announcement about the imprisoned Black Knights forces being executed tomorrow (in the CG world, obviously), there was very little good and certainly nothing epic about the episode.

In a strange way, the worst thing about the episode is how predictable the next few episodes are going to be as a result of Lelouch re-attending filler school: Suzaku will be sent in to test if Lelouch has returned to being Zero. Lelouch shouldn't even know who Suzaku is since his memories were erased, so it'll be the ultimate test for him to be put face to face with Suzaku on a daily basis...again.

mostly Disagreed...

firstly, did you think of lelouch using his geass to get through the Chinese army like he has done most of the times?

villeta got promotions because she knows about geass and lelouche's true identity...

if you watched season one, and have enough brain cells to put together simple thoughts, you should be able to figure out that lelouche got his permanent geass the day he initiated the last rebellion. in fact, the last rebellion got initiated because of the permanent geass, and i doubt that C.C would have known that lelouche would be getting a permanent geass at that time. she DID NOT have time to get a contact lens for lelouche since they were fighting against the brittanian army... and lelouche got taken to the king right after his last show down against suzaku, and after that he lost his memories, and his geass got temporary turned off. really, you could have figured this out with really little logic, and knowing the events of season one... i take that you watched season one already, or else, you wouldn't be watching this...

not that much of the episode centered around the student council, only the scene with lelouch preparing the food. the rest is just images of what lelouch did while explaining his thoughts.. the pictures go to show that nunally has been forgotten by everybody.

lelouche's outgoing with shirley was mostly because he wanted to get out of the academy without being noticed, and also lelouch regretting the fact that he erased shirley's memories. and then double cliffhanger...really, it was not that boring of an episode, not all episodes can be completely action+lelouch goodness... sometimes they have to explain things, and show how the conflict is affecting people related to the main.

though, i agree with your suzaku comment

i agree with some comments and not others... but really... didnt you watch episode two? lelouche's memories didn't get erased, just replaced.. since he remembered everything after he made contact with C.C. suzaku also knows zero's identity, so its very doubtful that he will be going back to ashford academy, and if he is, lelouch should kill him at first sight... no one from the council knows him since their memories got replaced, and since he betrayed lelouch's friendship for his hypocritical thinking he might take lelouch to the king once again....

now, up to my own opinions...
i really liked the kallen and C.C moment, it looked so awkward for kallen, and so.. usual for C.C... i would love to see a love triangle here... since it seems like kallen has taken a liking for lelouch again... also, more kallen fanservice xD

rollo's affection for that heart chain is.... freaky.. i wonder why lelouche gave it to him in the first place... and i mean... why a heart? was he subconsciously thinking about nunally?
also rollo seems to have taken an affection to his new family... my guess is that the king geass'd him
suzaku's hypocritical appearance annoyed me.... we already know that lancelot is powerful... and that suzaku is a complete hypocritical idiot.... no need to show that... i guess the point was to make it seem like the other knights of rounds have confidence in suzaku...

good job kallen for realizing that you are the fanservice girl for the show xD
though, i wouldn't have minded C.C wearing that

shirley got her time in this episode, i didn't mind it.. but i would love to see more kallen and lelouch moments like epi 2...

i love lelouch's thinking... such a fast mind, such a genious... really... he is such an interesting character xD

and i want to know rollo's geass' weakness too... probably how much space the geass will be active in... and duration... but even with little of those, its still an overpowered geass... he has to have another weakness...anyways, cliffie for next epi... as always
Apr 21, 2008 4:12 PM
Nov 2007
I wanna see some main characters die. Seeing Kallen in some epic fight against one of the round knights would be beast. But that's not going to happen. That guy survived after Vilette shot him in the gut at point blank, so in R2 a character's "death" will amount to their memory being erased. -_-;
Apr 21, 2008 5:00 PM

Feb 2008
wakka9ca said:
Rollo's Geass has the following apparent limitations:

-It has an area limitation.
-It has a time limit.

Also I was wondering why does he stab Lelouch while the time is stopped???
Maybe it's because of some unknown restriction?

possible limitations:

-what happen when you close your eyes? Does the geass affect you?

Talking about eyes... did Nunally ever open her eyes? Is there a good reason for her to be blind? Maybe the producers "planned" something related to that?

Sukotsutsu said:
As for Rollo stabbing Lulu, I guess I failed to catch that, i thought he just took the gun, i'm guessing it was to cause some pain to Lulu to distract him or something

I don't think anyone else has said this yet, but I believe the reason they are keeping Lelouch alive is to use him as bait to draw out C.C. I'm not 100% certain on that but that's the impression I got.
Apr 21, 2008 5:18 PM
Feb 2008
Yeah, they can just rewrite his memory again.

Unless it's once per person.
Apr 21, 2008 5:41 PM

Dec 2007
Great episode. Interesting about Rollo's geass. I assume his geass dazes human senses for a amount of time in a certain area. More C.C and Kallen interaction. I liked C.C's new outfit.
gameoffreak8Apr 21, 2008 5:56 PM
Apr 21, 2008 6:43 PM
Mar 2008
Mire said:
Final thought: I wonder what it would be like if Rolo "overused" his geass.. would time stop completely for him? >_<

I thought that too. It seems that every Geass becomes permanent when it's overused. In the case of Lulu nothing complicated happens, but if you think about this guy, everything changes... he will stay in a place with no time, waiting for a lonely death. To the eyes of the rest of the people, an old and death guy will just appear in front of their eyes lol.
Apr 21, 2008 6:49 PM
Feb 2008
Well I guess he could kill the entire nation within that time. It's not like there's anything to stop him unless he accidentally kills himself.

But I think his Geass just freezes the people. You can see the force-field-like field expanding and Viletta's eyes with the geass hue so it's probably limited range and only stops the people not the time.
Apr 21, 2008 8:50 PM
Sep 2007
It just makes you want more and more.
Hi
Apr 21, 2008 9:02 PM

Aug 2007
Lelouch is still a clever chess-player, though he underestimated RO-RO!

+More Kallen fanservice, yay.
Apr 21, 2008 9:16 PM
Jul 2007
MajorAddiction said:
Lelouch is still a clever chess-player, though he underestimated RO-RO!

+More Kallen fanservice, yay.

Or did he underestimate him? I really liked the one idea earlier up, that Lelouch had done something to the gun.
Apr 21, 2008 10:33 PM
Jan 2007
Requal said:
Well I guess he could kill the entire nation within that time. It's not like there's anything to stop him unless he accidentally kills himself.

xD

I found this episode to be pretty disappointing compared to the last two. Not really "edge-of-your-seat" material. Not to mention that nothing in this ep really meshes together well with the last one. Can I say anti-climatic? What the hell was up with Rolo at the Chinese Embassy and his: "Sorry guys, got a phone call from my brother who I thought was Zero but apparently isn't since Zero's in the Embassy and my brother's at school with Viletta-sensei. I was totally gonna Geass you all, but I'll just leave quietly now, thanks." And is it just me, or does Lulu seem less smart in this ep? I'm usually impressed by his tactics, but he totally gave me post-time skip Light vibes o.o Probably because of all the things that could've gone wrong this episode.

LULZ:
- Lulu's outfit
- Suzaku's one man army
- C.C. and Kallen exchange (C.C. is awesome ♥)
- when Lulu was about to Geass Rolo, I actually yelled out, "YOU ARE SO SCREWED D:"

Still no sign of Lloyd and Cecile ;(
Apr 21, 2008 10:39 PM

Mar 2008
please, the manga had nothing to do with the anime.

The manga was about wtfhax Nunnally with an equally wtfhax KMF

and Suzaku is still displaying wtfhax

and disregard my last post in the last page; I forgot Cecile, I did not think about Millay, and Cornelia is Guilford's Princess. :P
Apr 22, 2008 9:00 AM

Aug 2007
Good episode, likeing Rolo's geass
Love Psychological? Join
Pyschological Love =D

Apr 22, 2008 9:49 AM

Oct 2007
every episode make me want to see rolo die more!tho he have really cool geass.^^
Apr 22, 2008 10:12 AM

Sep 2007
Awesome episode!!!

the discussion of Kallen and C.C. makes m e laugh so hard xD

What will do Lelouch against Rollo geass?

I cant wait for ep 4 >.<

Kouta~
Apr 22, 2008 11:15 AM

Jun 2007
Kouta said:
the discussion of Kallen and C.C. makes m e laugh so hard xD

I initially read that in a perverse way...
Apr 22, 2008 1:24 PM
Jan 2008
I bet Lelouch got Rollo there. He wasn't really surprised when seen Rollo's geass. I think he noticed it already, and prepared some good trick for Rollo :3
Apr 22, 2008 1:56 PM

Aug 2007
TakaseRyou said:
no matter how many times I see it, Rolo's Geass just reminds me of DIO's "THE WORLD".

My thoughts exactly. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbArvIqZzkI Anyone? :D

Loved this episode. I wonder if Rolo can use his geass more than once on the same person... since he seemed to use it a couple of times while in his Knightmare...

And I WANT MORE C.C. NOW!

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Apr 22, 2008 7:07 PM
Feb 2008
The show is right back on track, loved this episode. Seeing the captured Black Knights lined up had me all fired up. Can't wait for Zero to free them and herald a return to the good times...

Apr 22, 2008 9:07 PM
Nov 2007
Meh...the beginning and end were good. Yeah, I want more CC too.
Apr 22, 2008 9:47 PM

Jan 2008
Let's see Lelouche get out of THIS one.
I bet I already know what happens.
Apr 23, 2008 8:52 AM

Jan 2008
Another good episode and I am waiting to see if Lelouche had something prepared in case Rollo had a geass as well or if he just talks his way out of it.
Apr 25, 2008 5:08 AM

Nov 2007
great episode. jeez everyone is two-faced it seems. i think the only innocent ones left are the three on the council.
Apr 25, 2008 6:14 AM

Apr 2008
crazy_eights said:
great episode. jeez everyone is two-faced it seems. i think the only innocent ones left are the three on the council.

what? can you explain that a bit better?
which 3 on the council?
and uh what council?
Apr 25, 2008 6:36 AM

Mar 2008
maybe he meant Rivalz, Shirley and Millay.

Everybody has their own secrets; nobody is purely innocent here :P
Apr 25, 2008 12:18 PM

Nov 2007
Talamare said:
crazy_eights said:

what? can you explain that a bit better?
which 3 on the council?
and uh what council?
LAH-Foton said:
maybe he meant Rivalz, Shirley and Millay.

Everybody has their own secrets; nobody is purely innocent here :P

yeah i did mean those three.

the only part that has me puzzled is that if everyone that knew lelouch had their memories changed then why didn't the crazy glasses girl get the same and whyis she not part of the group anymore.

wah im still upset that euphie died....
Apr 25, 2008 10:22 PM

Mar 2008
Don't you read source materials?

Nina is now working in Britannian mainland furthering the research of nuclear energy. Plus, the only memory messed around is the existence of Nunnally and not of Zero; she may not remember Nunnally and know Rollo, but she'll remember Zero.
Apr 26, 2008 3:05 AM

Dec 2006

More suspense!!! The way I love it:)
Lelou isnt the only one now with Geass and He isnt as innocent as he looks. Yikes!
Rollo is an interesting character. Just how is Lelou gonna escape from that bind.

And a bit of Kallen fanservice. Hahah! Embarassment in front of the Chinese Union:D
I would prefer both Kallen & CC as bunnies :3

I__u_p_p_e_d__m_y__s_t_a_n_d_a_r_d_s_,__s_o__U_P__y_o_u_r_s!
Apr 26, 2008 3:16 AM

Apr 2007
Static said:
*Dies*

F'kin awesome.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 26, 2008 6:29 AM

Aug 2007
Ah!!! This is so awesome...I cant wait for the next episode. Damn, rollo and his stopping time abilities and why was he so sensitive about the locket?
May 25, 2008 5:32 AM

Jan 2008
I wonder how lulu is gonna save everyone.
Rolo's geass is cheap man, does he have a limit to it i wonder...
Jun 3, 2008 9:55 AM

Jun 2007
C.C looked cool in that outfit!

I wonder how many times Rolo can use that his geass within a certain time limit (and for how long)? Darkreaper70 could be right, his geass could get very cheap...

@m-boy: The use of Deus Ex Machina is pretty much ten-a-penny these days, although in this case, it didn't push the plot forward. It seems that scene was just there to show that the EU are trying to fight the empire, so it doesn't really bother me too much that Suzaku just decided to show up and sort everything single-handed.
Your search on "Oran Solus" returned the following quotes:
"Oran Solus? I know him. What a wanker. He still owes me a tenner." Oscar Wilde
"Oran, you're so intelligent and awesome <3" Bakayaro
"Oran's sexy." LolitaDecay
"Oran is a sophisticated penguin." Drybananna
"Oran is a Hand-Eye you faggots." EddieSpaghetti
"Oran for Prime Minister." the_prime_one
"Oran is all that is stated in his sig and more." orbitzz

Jun 13, 2008 3:12 PM

Jun 2008
xD Wow.. things just went kinda crazy at the end >.<

Rolo's geass is awesome!!!! O.O

StabbyPWNSJun 17, 2008 8:25 PM

Sig WILL change soon~
Jun 27, 2008 4:25 AM

May 2008
That episode was so Death Note-ish:surveillance cameras,memory loss and a drama queen main character. What a cliff-hanger of an episode! :O

That Rolo can stop time with his geass.This is...inhumane,man! o_O
Aug 10, 2008 2:40 PM

Feb 2008
Aw... No Date for Shirley. :c
Sep 14, 2008 1:54 PM

Mar 2008
Interesting turn of events. I really look forward to know how Lelouch will handle Rolo...
Anyway, i expect something similar to Suzaku's rescue in the 1st season.
Sep 15, 2008 2:42 AM

Aug 2008
Well, wt about Lelouch father, he seams crazy!! O.ô Wt will happen with him!?
Nov 6, 2008 1:30 PM

Nov 2008
So I note amazing soundtrack in this episode. Amazing epic melody when Lulu does a trick in market. I was like "Stop... I want to hear it one more time..." and I listened to it for about 10 times... Perfect!
Nov 23, 2008 1:21 PM

Nov 2007
I liked seeing more of Shirley again ^_^ It was kinda funny to see Milly, Rivalz, and Rolo follow them.
Jan 13, 2009 8:44 PM

Sep 2008
This anime is mesmerizing.
Mar 24, 2009 11:47 AM

Nov 2008
Black Knights shall destroy the empire of Britannia~
Tosi yst&auml;vyys ei j&auml;&auml;dy pakkasella! Thank you for your visit. Welcome again!
Apr 7, 2009 2:13 AM

Jun 2008
What the heck the Chinese Confederation is attacking the Black Knights?!
HEY!
Apr 23, 2009 3:59 PM

Apr 2009
No matter how many times I see the use of pre-recorded messages, it's still hard to catch on at the time. This episode paves the way for an interesting plot twist.
Apr 29, 2009 6:54 AM

Jun 2008
woah!! that rolo guy stopping time and stuff!! lulu didn't expect that huh!!! uh oh... well obviously he didnt die from that right? its only the 3rd episode.. hahaha i just wish he'd just use his geass right away.. anyway.. i was wondering about shirley.. didn't she lose her memories and STOP liking lulu? how did her little crush for lulu return?? hmmm... and whats with the chinese people now?
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Aug 17, 2008

436 by wibugar »»
May 9, 2:47 PM

» Kallen's future after ending

Arminken - Apr 26

5 by Arminken »»
Apr 26, 5:00 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Sep 28, 2008

1901 by DarkVoyagerx »»
Mar 25, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dtshyk - Jun 29, 2008

291 by Dante9231 »»
Feb 20, 2:21 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Sep 14, 2008

305 by Beatnik »»
Feb 17, 11:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.