Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 6, 10:16 AM

Apr 2012
Look, no matter how much the manga-readers keep saying "this is ACTUALLY a totally wholesome, cozy story, I swear!!1": The optics of this first episode are still ultra bad. Rofl.

I enjoyed the episode, but you'll have trouble convincing any full-weeb that this isn't bad news. So in that regard: Welcome my fellow jail buddies!
If you haven't watched "Fantastic Children", don't talk about "best anime". Thank you.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Oct 6, 10:31 AM
May 2017
Until now, no Brazilian laws broken.

And I bet such will be the status quo for the whole series.

Did you watch the movies 'Audrey Rose' and 'Ghost'? Tsuma, Shougakusei ni Naru. story seems to vibrate the same way...
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Oct 6, 10:37 AM

Aug 2021
Why is no one understanding the plot? It's a story about grief and overcoming grief.

Oct 6, 10:38 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Absurdo_N
Why is no one understanding the plot? It's a story about grief and overcoming grief.
@Absurdo_N Everybody understands this, you weirdo.

But it's still a grown up man welcoming back his wife that is in the body of an elementary schooler. It's indefensible.

Edit: OMG, Made in Abyss-profile pic. Why did I even respond, holy shit ...
If you haven't watched "Fantastic Children", don't talk about "best anime". Thank you.
Oct 6, 10:41 AM
Oct 2019
Send me the address of your prison when you are in jail. I send you orange also send me the name of your lawyer so I could sue him for felony.
Oct 6, 10:48 AM

Sep 2020
For watching this anime if someone end up in Prison then people who read Berserk should be hanged to death imo.
Oct 6, 11:13 AM
Jan 2022
while i dont like censorship, the name change does help recommend this anime to others lol
Oct 6, 11:20 AM
Sep 2021
twitter user leaves twitter to make post about cartoons triggering them.

Oct 6, 11:25 AM

Aug 2021
Reply to MyllerPhiem

But it's still a grown up man welcoming back his wife that is in the body of an elementary schooler. It's indefensible.

@MyllerPhiem

He won't stay with her, she will only bring comfort to the family.

Oct 6, 11:45 AM

Nov 2012
I'm not going down for this. You know what they'll do to us in jail. Catch me if you can coppers! I'll set firs to my HD first.
Message me when you get out. I'll pick you up and take you out for a nice meal. LOL

Seriously though, you're right. The visuals wouldn't be so bad if he didn't keep calling her "my wife" loudly and publicly. When he snapped the photo for his wallpaper, I was like 'duuuude no!' If her parents find out she's making lunch for him, he'll be your cell mate for sure.
dragynfaerieOct 6, 11:49 AM
Oct 6, 12:00 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to dragynfaerie
I'm not going down for this. You know what they'll do to us in jail. Catch me if you can coppers! I'll set firs to my HD first.
Message me when you get out. I'll pick you up and take you out for a nice meal. LOL

Seriously though, you're right. The visuals wouldn't be so bad if he didn't keep calling her "my wife" loudly and publicly. When he snapped the photo for his wallpaper, I was like 'duuuude no!' If her parents find out she's making lunch for him, he'll be your cell mate for sure.
@dragynfaerie Omg. I actually thought it was cute he took that photo, but now ... if the wrong person sees that photo, it'd be HELLA sus :D

The author of this story didn't think things through, lol.
Oct 6, 12:12 PM
Jun 2013
Points only for the thread title xD lol

Still haven't watched it. But already hearing the controversy and the very basic premise... you can't expect an anime like this without these "oh japan..." moments lol
I'll watch ep1 just for morbid curiosity, I'm not into this kind of animes but I'm no extremist.

ZXEAN said:
For watching this anime if someone end up in Prison then people who read Berserk should be hanged to death imo.

good one too. Then I can't even imagine if it was "Urutsukudoji"... lol
XupitoOct 6, 12:22 PM
Oct 6, 12:35 PM

Nov 2012
Reply to MyllerPhiem
@dragynfaerie Omg. I actually thought it was cute he took that photo, but now ... if the wrong person sees that photo, it'd be HELLA sus :D

The author of this story didn't think things through, lol.
@MyllerPhiem Or they did and wanted people to torture themselves with these questions. ... nah.. they didn't think it through. LOL
Oct 6, 1:07 PM
Jun 2013
Reply to dragynfaerie
@MyllerPhiem Or they did and wanted people to torture themselves with these questions. ... nah.. they didn't think it through. LOL
MyllerPhiem said:
The author of this story didn't think things through, lol

You're severely underestimating... ahem ahem... certain "japanese cultural hobbies"

@dragynfaerie of course not.... lol

Man, it's not even a question... the answer being "yes, and very much so"
XupitoOct 6, 1:10 PM
Oct 6, 6:45 PM

Sep 2018
The "sus" moments from the author are certainly thought through and are very clearly only supposed to be comedic in nature, as it showcases just how insane that sort of situation is and the many feelings running through this Family. Since this is also an endearing drama, we can also probably expect shit to the fan regarding the relationship between the 10 year old Wife and the middle aged MC, as some of these "sus" moments/their relationship will inevitably come to light.

I'm glad they quickly acknowledged the circumstances of just how this little reincarnated girl could seemingly do as she pleases, as she comes and goes from her old Family home. Seems like her "new Mother" is a piece of shit. Pretty interesting dynamic there, wonder just how the Wife is going to handle this sort of abuse.

I applaud these authors for coming up with plots like this, making them into immersive tearjerkers.
Oct 6, 6:55 PM

Sep 2018
As far as trying to convince non weebs about this show, well, I do think it would be like dropping them into the deep end, thanks to some of the tropes involved. However, I think two episodes of this show could sway their opinion to a more positive outlook, especially considering the whole character dynamics we learn more about in episode two. Not that I would ever expect a non weeb to watch this show *shrugs*
Oct 6, 7:07 PM
Feb 2020
I've been there since the Eromanga-Sensei days, they scare me no more.
Oct 6, 7:22 PM
Oct 2023
Reply to MyllerPhiem

@MyllerPhiem
Everybody understands this

and then

So actually, you didn't understand.
That's exactly the point and what it's about. The fact that she comes back as a little girl from another family, and therefore has the opportunity to see her bereaved family again, but with all the impossibilities that go with her new condition, allows to deal with grief differently, and with other themes.
The mother is back, but all relationships inside and outside the family can no longer be what they were. How to deal with this? How to move forward? What kind of relationships can exist? Is it a blessing or a curse?

The point of “what if” is to create situations that step outside our reality to look at our humanity differently.
This pitch could have gone in a very sus direction, but given these first 2 episodes, it's clearly not going to happen. There's not a single weird scene. On the contrary, the story is perfectly aware of the questions its pitch raises. There's nothing indefensible here.
Oct 6, 7:26 PM
May 2023
They literally introduced a potential new love interest for the protagonist (his "Bento Buddy") within like the first 10 minutes of the 1st episode, & a possible love interest for the titular "wife" in the 2nd. If viewers don't realize that this is a story about everyone starting over their new lives free from the weight of the grief they felt from their loss, they'll never understand or they don't want to.
Oct 6, 7:47 PM

Jul 2011
How is this bad news and why would you go to prison? Do you actually see every l0li sexually? Have you gone to the beach where kids play?

The world needs to be reset and people need to stop projecting.
Oct 6, 8:04 PM

Jan 2013
It's not at all surprising that you're the one to make this thread. lol
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Oct 6, 9:02 PM
Jun 2024
Reply to hermgonewild
twitter user leaves twitter to make post about cartoons triggering them.

@hermgonewild your favorite characters says all I need to know about youđź’€
Oct 6, 9:57 PM

Jul 2023
If this show is so bad for u to watch, then u can drop it anytime. there's no one pointing gun at u to watch this... then what's the point of making this bait thread

Oct 6, 10:15 PM
Jun 2019
I think the plot and narrative are good. And all of this could have been prevented just with the title change, I don't even know what these mangakas and their editors are thinking. Titles like “My wife came back to pull me out of my grief” or “My mother came back as an elementary school student” or “My wife came back after death” or “My life after death of my wife” or simply “How does this kid knows about my dead wife” and so on... but no they went with this hedious title.
Oct 6, 11:01 PM

Nov 2019
Why did you have to project yourself onto others?

SgtBateManOct 6, 11:20 PM
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Yesterday, 3:13 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to WinterHime
They literally introduced a potential new love interest for the protagonist (his "Bento Buddy") within like the first 10 minutes of the 1st episode, & a possible love interest for the titular "wife" in the 2nd. If viewers don't realize that this is a story about everyone starting over their new lives free from the weight of the grief they felt from their loss, they'll never understand or they don't want to.
@WinterHime

First of all, thanks for spoiling episode 2. Although wtf, so the wife with the mind of a 40yo has found a new love interest in the form of a 10yo boy? WTF. People gave Rudy in Mushoku Tensei shit for that.

Secondly, introducing a new girl for the husband only made things WORSE, because now it looked like he's about to cheat on his wife that just returned.
Yesterday, 3:14 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to SgtBateMan
Why did you have to project yourself onto others?

@SgtBateMan Fuck you, but also nice meme, gotta give you credit for that :P
Yesterday, 4:10 AM
Oct 2023
Reply to MyllerPhiem
@WinterHime

First of all, thanks for spoiling episode 2. Although wtf, so the wife with the mind of a 40yo has found a new love interest in the form of a 10yo boy? WTF. People gave Rudy in Mushoku Tensei shit for that.

Secondly, introducing a new girl for the husband only made things WORSE, because now it looked like he's about to cheat on his wife that just returned.
@MyllerPhiem > So...about the 10yo boy, he's the one who seems to like Marika/Takae. She doesn't. And it's nothing about romantic feelings, but more about interest/friendship. It's normal, he just sees her as a 10yo classmate.

And about the “bento buddy”, turn on your logic man. His wife has been reincarnated as a kid and you've got a problem with the husband considering her as his ex-wife...but you've also got a problem if he were to have another wife because that would be cheating, and therefore it comes down to considering the kid as his wife.
There's not the slightest sus innuendo between Marika and the Husband, it even explicitly rules out any potential ambiguity. And there's no sus innuendo between Marika and her classmate.

Stop turning things that aren't weird into weird things depending on what you want to say. It only shows that it's your mind that seems to be weird.
GTB-XYesterday, 4:13 AM
Yesterday, 5:30 AM

Nov 2019
Reply to MyllerPhiem
@SgtBateMan Fuck you, but also nice meme, gotta give you credit for that :P
@MyllerPhiem

Obligatory return with

MyllerPhiem said:
also nice meme, gotta give you credit for that :P

But thank you.
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Yesterday, 6:41 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to GTB-X
@MyllerPhiem > So...about the 10yo boy, he's the one who seems to like Marika/Takae. She doesn't. And it's nothing about romantic feelings, but more about interest/friendship. It's normal, he just sees her as a 10yo classmate.

And about the “bento buddy”, turn on your logic man. His wife has been reincarnated as a kid and you've got a problem with the husband considering her as his ex-wife...but you've also got a problem if he were to have another wife because that would be cheating, and therefore it comes down to considering the kid as his wife.
There's not the slightest sus innuendo between Marika and the Husband, it even explicitly rules out any potential ambiguity. And there's no sus innuendo between Marika and her classmate.

Stop turning things that aren't weird into weird things depending on what you want to say. It only shows that it's your mind that seems to be weird.
@GTB-X You said that the wife already has someone else, someone "her age", which isn't true, because a 10yo boy is not her age, she's a pedophile for going near that boy. Morally, it'd be better if she stayed with her husband. Her mind is equal to his age, and that's what matters. But we know this wouldn't be acceptable either. And yes, the bento girl is a problem, too, because the anime, as of episode 1, has no established that the husband broke off with his wife. He appears happy that Takae is back.

So no matter what follows next, it'll be unhappy and unsatisfying. And specifically about Takae, what's her endgame? Grooming some young boy until he's 18 and then she marries him? That wouldn't be okay either.
Yesterday, 8:17 AM
Oct 2023
Reply to MyllerPhiem
@GTB-X You said that the wife already has someone else, someone "her age", which isn't true, because a 10yo boy is not her age, she's a pedophile for going near that boy. Morally, it'd be better if she stayed with her husband. Her mind is equal to his age, and that's what matters. But we know this wouldn't be acceptable either. And yes, the bento girl is a problem, too, because the anime, as of episode 1, has no established that the husband broke off with his wife. He appears happy that Takae is back.

So no matter what follows next, it'll be unhappy and unsatisfying. And specifically about Takae, what's her endgame? Grooming some young boy until he's 18 and then she marries him? That wouldn't be okay either.
@MyllerPhiem "You said that the wife already has someone else, someone "her age", which isn't true, because a 10yo boy is not her age, she's a pedophile for going near that boy."

How on earth could you understand that from what I said? You responded to something that wasn't said. Please pay more attention to the words you read. Again, and for the last time:
- It's the boy the one who seems interested in Marika (not Takae, whom he doesn't know). Not the other way around.
- There is no suggestion of romantic feelings. He seems interested in Marika as a FRIEND.

The situation is simple and clear. And you think she's a pedo? Just because Takae has to interact with Marika's environment? To me, your thinking seems to be very problematic and sus.
Yesterday, 5:43 PM
Community Mod
+ Manga DB Staff

Feb 2017
Thread locked for breaking the Anime Discussion Guidelines:
2. Please refrain from creating threads that do not encourage meaningful and/or civil discussion.

5. Please refrain from creating threads which extend beyond the discussion of anime/manga as an entertainment medium to highly-debated and/or sensitive issues liable to incite rule violations (trolling, flaming, abuse).
    This includes but is not limited to:
    • pedophilia, lolicon/shotacon, incest, teenage-adult relationships
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» It’s an absolute shame what the ignorant tourists did to this anime ( 1 2 )

ShirikonDaichi - Sep 29

67 by henwens »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Tsuma, Shougakusei ni Naru. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 6

58 by Gavinmercer »»
4 hours ago

» Different anime title

ItsAmsyar - Oct 6

15 by INTJ_Ren »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Tsuma, Shougakusei ni Naru. Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 6

42 by Sigmar-Unberogen »»
7 hours ago

» y'all gotta drop this b4 watching it fr

fwllxn - Yesterday

25 by Phloup »»
Yesterday, 1:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.