Forum Settings
Forums
New
Today, 8:19 AM

May 2018
Has there ever been a time where you where you skipped a season & instead just watched stuff on your backlog because you weren't interested in anything airing or for some other reason? That's how I feel about the current season.

Today, 8:20 AM

Feb 2020
Never. I always want to watch the new episodes as soon as possible.
Today, 8:20 AM

May 2023
Not since joining MAL.. no.. before that.. yes.. couple of times..

Bored.. pissed.. anxious.. sad.. angry..
Today, 8:35 AM

Jun 2019
Since joining mal I haven't taken a season off as such, but if the new shows for a season don't look promising I'll just pick a couple that get recommended as well as any sequels. And when that happens, I will plough on with shows in my backlog as there's plenty of shows I want to get around to. I agree this season doesn't have anything particularly good (that I've seen or heard), apart from Nokotan, which is pretty hilarious and Elf is on a Diet, which is sexy chubby elves, everything else I'm watching is a sequel.

I do feel like I've been spoiled this last year with Vinland Saga and Apothecary Diaries, both 9/10 for me, and Frieren and Kimi ni Todoke s3, both 10/10 for me. Can't really complain.
Today, 8:49 AM

Apr 2021
Until covid i used to only watch completed animes. But after that I've never skipped a season.
Today, 8:57 AM

Apr 2018
I've been off for like a year and can't seem to get back into anime like I used to.

Today, 8:57 AM

Apr 2021
Backlog all the way! I'll pick up maybe one seasonal series, but mostly nothing. Why watch a bunch of series that may or may not turn out decent once a week, when you can watch recommendations or interesting titles one by one at your own pace...
Today, 9:00 AM

Aug 2011
I haven’t taken a break since I started following seasonals nearly 21 years ago (this summer is my 83rd straight season). I still get excited at the beginning of every new season, and I love checking out the new anime and choosing what to follow.

I’d be willing to take a season off if nothing interested me at all, but I usually genuinely enjoy 20+ anime from every season, so I can’t imagine that number ever dropping to zero. Even less than 15 is pretty rare for me, and more than 25 isn’t unheard of.
palm-tree12 hours ago
Today, 9:02 AM
Apr 2024
I don't care for seasons, I watch what I want
Today, 9:16 AM

Sep 2016
I skipped many seasons in a row whenever I took a longer break in the past.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
12 hours ago

Jun 2024
Yes, I've done that before, though I can't recall exactly when.
12 hours ago

Nov 2023
In my nine years of watching anime, and my six years of seasonal anime watching I never missed a season.
I need somebody who can love me at my worst
No, I'm not perfect, but I hope you see my worth
'Cause it's only you, nobody new, I put you first
And for you, girl, I swear I'll do the worst

If you stay forever, let me hold your hand
I can fill those places in your heart no else can
Let me show you love, oh, I don't pretend, yeah
I'll be right here, baby, you know I'll sink or swim
12 hours ago

May 2024
Plenty of times. The only anime I'm even watching this season is Makeine, so I've had time to watch some other completed anime.
12 hours ago

Jun 2010
I don't skip any episode, and of course not any season. However I do switch around doing different stuff.
12 hours ago

Jul 2021
I take time off in the middle of a season, which is what I'm doing right now.

Not many shows that I'm really looking forward to every week, and a bunch of Olympics-related delays didn't help.

I'm gonna let episodes pile up for a few more weeks so that later I can watch them all at once.
9 hours ago

Sep 2007
Not since I started watching seasonally since Spring 2013, unless taking a month and half off during Fall 2013 for Vacation in China counts or so.
7 hours ago

Oct 2017
That's pretty much what I have been doing for quite a while now. As an adult I'd rather just watch something I am genuinely interested in instead of just random seasonal stuff
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
4 hours ago

Aug 2020
2024 seasonals is kinda it bcoz this year so far i've watched a record low of only 6 entries and all of those are sequels except 2. Tried Solo Leveling, Metallic Rouge, Yubisaki to Renren, Bartender remake and Spice and Wolf remake but couldn't get into them. They're not bad, just very unsatisfying to watch.

In the meantime i've been able to complete Bleach and TYBW p1 (334 eps total), Kingdom (129 eps), Initial D (63 + movie), Nana (47), Ookiku Furikabutte (38), Black Butler (34 + movie + OVA) and many others. These shows aren't the best things ever made but they're very pleasant to watch and are more original in comparison. Idk, for some reason anime's drastically losing these qualities it once had. Next fall ain't looking better either.
4 hours ago

Jan 2021
Picking a series it's a kinda matter of randomness. Last time I was full invested in a season it was 6 years ago.

"YEAH!!!"

-LA Knight

3 hours ago

Dec 2014
I have taken long hiatuses from MAL and watching anime sometimes missing multiple seasons. Then when I come back to MAL / watching anime I will watch the current seasonals that air and then alongside those I always watch one anime at a time from my backlog.
3 hours ago

Aug 2010
I'm curious so I checked - Seasons I actually skipped since I started watching seasonal anime in Fall 2009:
Spring 2016
Summer 2016
Winter 2017
Winter 2018

From Summer 2018 to end of 2019 I just completely stopped watching anime. I got back into anime during Winter 2020 but only started watching seasonals again Spring 2020.
2 hours ago

Dec 2012
Only if there is absolutely nothing coming out that I'm interested in. It basically, only happened twice when COVID was ravaging the industry. February of 2020 and February of 2021.
Kruszer2 hours ago
"The name's Gambit. Remember it."
-Gambit "X-Men '97"

2 hours ago

Feb 2015
If I'm not busy then no, but I sometimes get into another hobby or spend more time with people and might stop watching for a while. Depends on how interested I am in the current lineup and how burned out I am.
2 hours ago

Mar 2024
I took two whole years off from burnout, till One Piece brought me back
2 hours ago

May 2018
tbh I didn't start watching seasonals til last year... kind of an oddity, but I much prefer waiting and binge watching.
can't yuck my yum

2 hours ago

Jul 2024
No but I should have skipped this summer 2024 season. This season got very boring lineups of anime.. I'm not entertained

More topics from this board

Poll: » The One Piece—are you hyped about it?

All_Knowing - Today

31 by Catalano »»
3 minutes ago

» What do you think the pioneer of the Isekai genre is?

bbygirI - 58 minutes ago

7 by RioAl »»
4 minutes ago

» You were given X amount of cash to open anime themed restaurant, but you can only include the most common anime food/drinks on the menu

Donkunsan - 6 hours ago

4 by Zalis »»
11 minutes ago

» Can you remember every anime by its full name? ( 1 2 )

nirererin - Aug 13

68 by ColdBlackTeaFan »»
26 minutes ago

Poll: » Are you frustrated by your viewing speed?

Zakatsuki_ - 5 hours ago

13 by CatSoul »»
28 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.