Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 10, 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
Even though he is a Demon Lord, Ike should watch himself. Never know when someone could sneak up like that admist the threat of a traitor in his army.

There's a sense of eerie feeling this episode when it's hard to know who to trust. Demon Lord played this out well imo but definitely needs to watch himself more. I see this anime still has that feeling of identity issue related to his balance between human and demon. Pretty sure the rest of the series will explore more of that.
Stark700Jul 10, 7:15 AM
Jul 10, 7:32 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
budget Overlord

and with no character to really care about lol
Jul 10, 7:42 AM
Jan 2022
walmart overlord
Jul 10, 7:45 AM
Sep 2021
him instantly teleporting in front of the spy was pretty cool ngl
Jul 10, 8:01 AM

May 2021
Almost painfully predictable. The whole pacifist approach would make sense to a degree, but not all the time and it's getting annoying. All that aside, it wouldn't be that big of a problem if show was fun, but it's not even that. And of course there has to be cliff hanger, how else would you get forced to watch another episode.

I think this is a drop from me.
Jul 10, 8:03 AM

May 2023
That puny goblin was vice commander huh.. well atleast Basteo looks cool [if he is the greeen flame head guy].. Cefiro's destructive ability makes me wonder how powerful will her counterpart from third Corps be..


Jul 10, 9:08 AM

Jul 2014
The writing is pretty underwhelming, I can't take these political intrigues seriously when the characters make dumb decisions all the time. Like that traitor had no reason to act so hostile towards Ike before he was even accused of anything, and thinking Ike had come alone was really stupid. So was the way Cefiro and Ike handled the situation. They made a mess for no reason and almost let the guy escape/die without telling his secrets. And the whole "let's break intro a prison to ask the ennemy if she sent someone to kill me" thing didn't make much sense either, I'm sure there were other options...

Also the chara design for the spy was awful, dude looked like a small time brigand and not at all like someone who leads an army.
Jul 10, 10:08 AM

Oct 2011
sasuga Lelou....Ike Sama
Jul 10, 11:11 AM
Aug 2015
I want to like this. It has some whimsical characters and an interesting OP/ED, but it's so bad. This is the only 2/10 I think I've ever watched that's going beyond the 3-ep rule. Let's see some story, at least, even if you can't animate it properly.
Jul 10, 12:12 PM
Jul 2022
Does Jace have the same VA as Buggy the Clown?? why is he doing work for this anime??
Jul 10, 2:35 PM

Apr 2023
Reply to Stark700
Even though he is a Demon Lord, Ike should watch himself. Never know when someone could sneak up like that admist the threat of a traitor in his army.

There's a sense of eerie feeling this episode when it's hard to know who to trust. Demon Lord played this out well imo but definitely needs to watch himself more. I see this anime still has that feeling of identity issue related to his balance between human and demon. Pretty sure the rest of the series will explore more of that.
@Stark700 he's not a/the demon lord he's just a human mage in the demon lords army (the name of the anime). Pink hair chick at the very end is the Demon lord.
Jul 10, 2:39 PM

Apr 2023
As "the strongest mage" he really doesn't do anything too exciting with magic. If anything the black haired chick is clearly stronger, he even mentions her being better at complex magic. Underwhelming story so far.
Jul 10, 3:09 PM

Jul 2022
Ike shows a lot of compassion, even towards those who betray him, which causes him problems in the future. The only good thing about the anime so far is the appearances of Cefiro, although the design of the new character looks interesting.
Jul 10, 3:58 PM

Feb 2019
@hot-pantaloons he doesn’t watch the shows, just makes threads so he wouldn’t know.
Jul 10, 4:25 PM

Apr 2021
Strong third episode. It is getting better and better.
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Jul 10, 4:51 PM

Feb 2019
Alright looks like all 3 eps dropped today on Crunchyroll, or at least I’m just now seeing em. Heavy shades of Yuusha Yamemasu in this one, pretty generic but the waifus are carrying it heavily rn. Cefiro, Satie and Lilith are great.

The MC’s noble ambition to make humans and demons able to live together in harmony isn’t anything new, but the opposition he could face to that goal can make the show interesting. The ancient civilisation plot point is also interesting. The demon lord is an enigmatic character and I wanna learn more about her as well.

Production wise pretty ass tbh. The CGI on the meteors Cefiro summoned during the Jace fight was laughably bad, even the moving animation is bad. Key visual had me thinking this was gonna be pretty high quality and it was the opposite lmao.

I’ll say the story is starting to get better in the third episode, the assassination plot against Ike and possible coup against the demon lord was cool. Let’s see where it goes
Marinate1016Jul 10, 4:54 PM
Jul 10, 5:03 PM

May 2019
Thinking it over it isn't too surprising that there are traitorous commanders in the demon king's army considering how many of them would rather get rid of or enslave humans rather than letting them live somewhat free.
Jul 10, 5:41 PM

Nov 2012
Jace really thought he had gotten away.

MC is too compassionate. The Demon Lord already knows something's up.
Jul 10, 6:00 PM
Jun 2024
Boring, just some fan service and nothing else interesting. Pretty bad animations too
Jul 10, 7:09 PM
Apr 2018
I am not coping well with the four crop rotation he introduces being replaced with introducing rice on account of reasons that are the exact opposite of reality. Easier to farm? Hahahahahahahahaha.
Jul 10, 7:41 PM
Jul 2023
Please never stop with the “walmart overlord” comments
- As expected, the knight girl has no idea who did it
- Teleporting in front of the traitor gets him some aura points
- He got a lucky view of the witch girl…
- I figured out why this anime is hard to look at. The art is so clean, but the animation is so damn choppy and scuffed. It’s a weird blend of good and bad graphics
Jul 10, 7:58 PM

Apr 2009
I thought with the storm of fireballs Ike had finally done something cool and impressive, but it turns out that was Cefiro. Her going to town and Ike having to scramble out of the way was actually fun. Can she be the star of the show?

Ike's mind reading has such a wide range I don't get why he had to go see the imprisoned commander. He could've just searched the entire city and found the assassin and conspirators. Dumb and contrived with no real payoff so far.

Kept waiting for Jace the goblin to say he was going to flashily kill Ike or mishear someone talking about his big red nose, but alas, it never happened.

Curious to see what flame head demon is going to be like. It wasn't done especially well but I appreciate there being some politics and division in the demon ranks. You'd expect at some pushback on Ike's hippy granola pacifism from his troops, so it was nice to at least some of that in response to a less bloodthirsty demon lord.
Jul 10, 11:10 PM
Apr 2022
Rice might be more productive than wheat, but you can't just grow it everywhere. I mean, you can, but it will have less yield and be less productive. It requires more water (you can still grow rice in dry conditions, but it'll have 50% yield, which defeats the purpose of growing it over wheat), it requires higher sustained temperatures and more sun, and you need the correct climate for it.

Also, "me feeling pity for Jace is proof that my heart is still human"?
Bro, you've been doing your best not to kill anybody, you've spared humans in a war and tried to develop a system for both humans and demons to coexist, and you're being a drama king over the "pity" thing?

Also agree with Teufel, if he can read the minds of everybody in his brigade, there was absolutely no reason for him to break into the prison. He could have just cast the mind reading spell outside the prison or something, or fly outside her window while simultaneously casting a stealth spell (he's supposed to be the strongest mage, right? /s).

Also, what kind of stupid poison is that? The whole point of poisoning your co-conspirators is to make sure the truth doesn't get out, so if you're using a powerful poison, ideally you'll use a fast-acting one that instantly kills the victim. Not leave the guy gargling in pain and alive long enough to conveniently croak out the name of his co-conspirators.
Jul 10, 11:48 PM

Apr 2017
Aaaaaaand dropped. What a low budget, shitty animation and uninteresting story and characters.
Jul 11, 11:13 AM

Aug 2023
the plot and story getting better...

こんにちは!私の名前はマルハザクです! こんにちは!私の名前はマルハザクです!
Jul 11, 12:58 PM
Dec 2023
I didn't even see blood, come on this is a demon anime is has to be blood there. I am not watching a 7 years cartoon.
Jul 11, 9:12 PM
Apr 2022
Jace, a highly intelligent and a veteran warrior my ass
Jul 12, 7:05 AM

Oct 2017
Need more of the knight. Satie got a task to cook rice. But with an instruction that vague what'll she end up doing? Lilith is horny but Ike has already learned control from watching Cefiro so.

Looks like even Cefiro's bad at detecting people from the back cause she seemed surprised at the end there when the Dullahan appeared.
Jul 12, 4:04 PM

Feb 2019
i think someone else is playing them. just a hunch, but that basteo character might not even be the one who told jace to betray cefiro. but we'll see who really is pulling the strings here.
Jul 14, 10:29 PM

Jul 2008
Demons betraying each other, nothing new here.
Jul 15, 5:12 PM
Jun 2021
A interesting traitor plot but weak animation.
Jul 16, 11:08 AM

Nov 2009
LOL @ the beginning when the Pink hair Succubus with puppy eyes looked so sad (but cute) wanting Ike-sama (MC)'s affection after seeing him "wall-pin" the Knight Girl.

TBH, I would do things to the succubus like she wanted. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Also... dude couldn't get proper instruction in how to cook rice?... who gave him the "first low then high" shit instruction? LOL

BTW... Ike barges into the Bath with his commander naked with seemly no reactions...

Then gets all shy when she stands up... dude... what were you expecting when you entered a Bath with a naked girl in it?

As for the traitor... how did that Goblin think he could beat Ike in the first place? Dude thinks he's from "Goblin Slayer world?" or a "Super Goblin" from TenseSlime? lol...

Also... why didn't Ike just mind read the Goblin like he did with the previous guys (including another goblin)... that goblin wasn't resisting anymore after getting poisoned, so his mind isn't "clouded" anymore. Should have just read his mind right then...

Well... it seems like the "supposed revealed traitor mastermind" has already met with the Demon Lord before Ike got there... hmm...
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jul 17, 6:57 AM

Jul 2017
Ike may have been confronted by Alistair proclaiming that he's a human, though he has no need to reveal to her that he's exactly as such. Aside from the kabedon, as well as Lilith interrupting his time with her, Ike has no time for pleasantries since Alistair is defeated thoroughly. Ike bringing back rice for Satie as both a resource for food and revenue, the worst thing is that they don't know how to cook rice, but the latter will try her best. But back to the main problem at hand, Ike trying to figure out the traitor in his army, and it's the 2nd-in-command, vice-commander of the 7th Corps: goblin Jace, though Ike going to see Cefiro while she's on her bath, she's a treat.

Of course, how would Jace confront Ike witbout an army of his own, especially against a demon lord. What Cefiro has in mind dealing with Jace and his army, certainly is one level going too far, but is appropriate for their ranks. And no matter where the vice-commander would escape, Ike would always be one step ahead, even if his commend of demons not being able to kill humans doesn't flow with some of the rebels like Jace, who works under the 3rd Corps commander, Basteo.

Well, goes to show the point of bieng human in a demon army isn't all that good, even with compassion.
Jul 19, 5:08 AM

May 2019
Ike wants to replace wheat with rice, which already sounds idiotic. I'm not talking about the climate, water and so on, but he doesn't even know how to cook it himself.
After that, he says that the freed hands will be engaged in the service sector. What services, theft, robbery and prostitution? These people have been engaged in agriculture since childhood and don't know anything else.
Jul 19, 11:29 AM
Jan 2022
this show it's hanging by a thread here for me, just giving a chance for the sake of it, mid animation, bad pacing, and same old isakai trap but still there is some good here and there so don't know when will I give up on this show but we will see if it disappoints or somewhere delivery....
Aug 8, 11:56 AM

Mar 2020
Well, there's one thing I'd like to see clarified in this story, we agree that we've been presented with the main character as a genius strategist but then why does he suck so bad at predicting other characters' moves! Well, we should just say that he's a guy from another world who has a few tricks up his sleeve, but obviously he doesn't have the knowledge either!!!! (well, not the kind you'd think would make him cheat)
Aug 26, 7:24 PM

Dec 2021
What a stupid goblin lol. Dude really thought he go up against a leader that he very well knows is stronger than him.

Yesterday, 11:01 PM

Jun 2024
Alistair is a very clever person, realising that Ike isn't a demon.
Glad they found the traitor.

I have ADD, ADHD & AUTISM, but this won't stop me. Let's keep having fun together.
VTUBER LIVE STREAMS YouTube/Twitch/Kick/Rumble/Twitter = https://linktr.ee/dolfunthedolphinvtuber
ANIME REVIEWS - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3agtBvVDdHFzXbqPV47c-A

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 28

28 by Brucifer1 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 17

37 by DolFunDolphinVT »»
Yesterday, 11:56 PM

Poll: » Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 21

22 by MegamiRem »»
Yesterday, 7:43 AM

Poll: » Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 14

26 by levibigass »»
Aug 28, 8:28 AM

Poll: » Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 7

30 by levibigass »»
Aug 28, 8:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.