Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 27, 6:38 AM

Apr 2024
It's Sakamover. Lower your expectations and maybe you'll enjoy this.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 27, 6:40 AM
Jul 2018
The teaser looked okay tho
May 27, 6:43 AM

Jul 2020
tms is one of the greatest studios oat ๐Ÿค— i’m sure it won’t look like dog shit like their other stuff!
May 27, 6:44 AM
Oct 2017
PPL_CaLL_Me_DUDE said:
The teaser looked okay tho

The teaser was just static shots with compositing (wind effects) and impact frames
DragonpoksMay 27, 6:47 AM
May 27, 6:59 AM
Oct 2021
I thought Sakamoto days adaptation by wit studio like's Spy x Family. But it's Not.. ๐Ÿ˜ฏ๐Ÿ˜ค
May 27, 7:25 AM

Nov 2023
I can see that tad of Ex arm on the 3D scenes, but I think its still quite good, I like the textures

They are the same guys that did Dr Stone and orange
Ratris_DecisionMay 27, 7:33 AM
May 27, 7:38 AM

May 2021
18927 said:
It's Sakamover. Lower your expectations and maybe you'll enjoy this

Nice alt account dude with Luffy avatar i don't remember the username

You don't think this thread won't get nuked like the last one?
What debating with DigiCat is like according to APolygons2
That's why I thought a discussion would be pointless. It doesn't feel like a debate. It feels like I'm playing chess and somehow lose to an uno reverse card after loosing all my monopoly money lol
May 27, 7:47 AM
Sep 2023
they better not fumble this shi
May 27, 8:36 AM

Apr 2024
Reply to DigiCat
18927 said:
It's Sakamover. Lower your expectations and maybe you'll enjoy this

Nice alt account dude with Luffy avatar i don't remember the username

You don't think this thread won't get nuked like the last one?
@DigiCat What? It's my main acc. I'd never use Luffy as my avatar. Mid piece sucks. I don't know what other thread you mean
May 27, 9:06 AM

May 2021
Reply to 18927
@DigiCat What? It's my main acc. I'd never use Luffy as my avatar. Mid piece sucks. I don't know what other thread you mean
@18927 Very funny, joined literally a month ago, and makes a clone therad of a thread that just got nuked...
That's why I thought a discussion would be pointless. It doesn't feel like a debate. It feels like I'm playing chess and somehow lose to an uno reverse card after loosing all my monopoly money lol
May 27, 9:10 AM

May 2021
Reply to yg
tms is one of the greatest studios oat ๐Ÿค— i’m sure it won’t look like dog shit like their other stuff!
@yg TMS is one of the greatest ehi... so great it makes you wanna barf

May 27, 9:51 AM

Jul 2015
First hate thread appears so fast. That means source material must be very good and it is worth to be hyped.

May 27, 12:20 PM

Nov 2016
TMS has a good track record. I'm optimistic that they will get the vibe right.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 27, 12:28 PM
Aug 2018
I thought the teaser trailer was cool.
May 27, 12:33 PM

Apr 2018
Reply to FMmatron
TMS has a good track record. I'm optimistic that they will get the vibe right.
@FMmatron The director is someone that has only worked on kid shows with most likely no contacts in the industry. He won't be able to elevate the source material at all as you can see in the trailer already. The vibes will be there as you said with Taku Kishimoto as the screenwriter and character designs are faithful by Moriyama. It'll be average at best, but not something that will be big or better than the source material. I'm still hoping the best for SD because it's legit the best action packed manga in jump rn.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
May 27, 2:20 PM
Apr 2022
It’ll look average with above average moments. I don’t think judging it based on this teaser is entirely fair but at the same time I also don’t think the trailers will be that much better
May 27, 2:43 PM
Mar 2024
2025 winter... Aware rip i be dead by then probs
May 27, 2:44 PM
Mar 2024
the manga is fukin sick tho so they better not fuck it up
May 27, 2:46 PM

Dec 2019
Aw fuck sakes. TMS is the LAST studio you'd wanna entrust a fast paced manga to, prepare for an absolute snoozefest. Not even 2024 normie overhype will save this from disappointment
May 27, 2:46 PM

Apr 2020
Yeah. Why even watch it, am I right?
Forget about it.

For a community that is plain stealing 90% of the stuff that we supposedly love and enjoy we sure as hell are critical as fk. Even if there's not even an Episode out for us to illegally snatch^^

We don't care. We shit on it, anyways xD

Proud of you, guys.
May 27, 2:53 PM
Dec 2022
ok nah from the trailer it looks really nice imo, so many haters out here
May 27, 2:57 PM
Dec 2022
Reply to Peenutz
It’ll look average with above average moments. I don’t think judging it based on this teaser is entirely fair but at the same time I also don’t think the trailers will be that much better
@Peenutz gonna assume its gonna be average/above average moments too, the trailer looked nice to me, they need to put out some more trailers though
May 27, 3:45 PM

Feb 2021
Really. TMS who make Conan more than 25 years is mid studio. What a nonsense.
May 27, 4:40 PM

Jun 2014
And here we go, it's already started. First doomposting thread with people doomposting about how it's gonna be mid and how this show is (pardon my repetition) doomed already, 7 months before the show is even out. All off of a minute long trailer btw. MAL never ceases to amaze me ๐Ÿ˜‚

I will say though, that I'm being cautiously optimistic with my expectations right now simply because Sakamoto will probably fall victim to the same issue that plagues the anime for MHA: the art of the manga is so detailed and sharp that it'll just be impossible to perfectly recreate certain panels 1:1 for the anime (which we might just have to suck up and accept tbh), so that'll be a source of criticism for those who have read the manga. Anime-onlies might not care but manga readers definitely will notice the difference.
thebrentinator24May 27, 4:49 PM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 27, 5:48 PM
Jul 2021
Ratris_Decision said:
I can see that tad of Ex arm on the 3D scenes, but I think its still quite good, I like the textures

No, it's the Fruits Basket staff
May 27, 5:52 PM
Jul 2021
Piromysl said:
First hate thread appears so fast. That means source material must be very good and it is worth to be hyped.

He's not hating tho? the staff list is average and the trailer itself was average
May 27, 6:08 PM
Apr 2021
Ong I can’t WAIT for Sakamoto Days to come out with good ass animation and prove you goofs who are already hating on it wrongโ˜บ๏ธ
May 27, 6:49 PM
Feb 2021
Don’t know why so many people are making assumptions on the staff when only the director has been announced, the rest of the staff don’t contribute to the animation quality, but tbf the director is pretty mediocre
May 27, 7:25 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to OvergrownRover
Don’t know why so many people are making assumptions on the staff when only the director has been announced, the rest of the staff don’t contribute to the animation quality, but tbf the director is pretty mediocre
@OvergrownRover Series Composition and character design have also been confirmed. And character designers specially are some of the biggest contributors to animation, not only because of they having to imagine how those designs will translate to animation, but depending on who it is, they have enough power to call people they worked in the past to help with production.

With You Moriyama as character designer, there is a chance he could bring some staff from Megalo Box to help, like Takashi Kawaguchi.
May 27, 7:31 PM

Oct 2022
bait used to be subtle
May 27, 8:07 PM
Feb 2021
Oongbuh said:
@OvergrownRover Series Composition and character design have also been confirmed. And character designers specially are some of the biggest contributors to animation, not only because of they having to imagine how those designs will translate to animation, but depending on who it is, they have enough power to call people they worked in the past to help with production.

With You Moriyama as character designer, there is a chance he could bring some staff from Megalo Box to help, like Takashi Kawaguchi.

Lmao with your logic then OPM S3 will be Kyoto Animation level because one of the CDs worked for KyoAni for years, CDs don’t matter much, great character designs can be fucked over by the animation (Record of Ragnorok and Baki) and bad character designs can still be used for great animation (Kaiju No.8)
May 27, 8:20 PM

Oct 2015
peak doomposting from alt accounts
classic modern anime "fans"
missing the netflix doompost to complete the set(which is semi confirmed)
So embarrased with Tensura fans and the fandom, how have we degraded
May 27, 8:45 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to OvergrownRover
Oongbuh said:

Lmao with your logic then OPM S3 will be Kyoto Animation level because one of the CDs worked for KyoAni for years, CDs don’t matter much, great character designs can be fucked over by the animation (Record of Ragnorok and Baki) and bad character designs can still be used for great animation (Kaiju No.8)
@OvergrownRover You're just putting words in my mouth. Character designers very much matter, otherwise there'd be no point in having them and studios would just trace the manga designs as they are.

great character designs can be fucked over by the animation (Record of Ragnorok and Baki)

You do know it was the animation that got fucked BECAUSE of the designs, and not the other way around, yeah? It was a deliberate decision to attempt to mimick their respective source materials' design instead of actually making them workable in the context of animation, which was a major reason for them being reduced to glorified slideshows. Same for series like Blue Lock and Dr. Stone.

On the other hand, you have examples like Oshi no Ko having an excellent designer like Kanna Hirayama, who not only makes beautiful designs in general, but is notable for working extremely quickly and being able to correct a huge amount of cuts fast. Mob Psycho 100 having someone like Yoshimichi Kameda for the same seasons as Kanna. Or even the change in approach in JJK, from Tadashi Hiramatsu to Sayaka Koiso resulting in way less linework snd more flexibility for the animation staff.

and bad character designs can still be used for great animation (Kaiju No.8)

Kaiju does NOT have bad designs, people still being pissy over this shit?
May 27, 9:19 PM
Aug 2017
What?? TSM is a great studio stop being a hater ๐Ÿ˜ญ
May 27, 10:33 PM

Jul 2016
Chillll, give it a chance before writing it off.
May 27, 11:35 PM

Jun 2016
The studio is fine. Not sure about the director. I usually cope but thinking about how even David Fincher started out making garbage.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
May 28, 1:34 AM
Nov 2020
i know this is bait but undead unluck was pretty good ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿป‍โ™‚๏ธ
May 28, 1:45 AM
Jul 2018
luvcalv said:
Different studio.
May 28, 4:43 AM
Dec 2022
yg said:

mid rage bait. 3/10
May 28, 4:52 AM
Apr 2022
Reply to Anime_Skaddiel
Ratris_Decision said:

No, it's the Fruits Basket staff
@Anime_Skaddiel it is neither ๐Ÿ‘
May 28, 7:22 AM

Nov 2016
Reply to SideCharacterKal
@FMmatron The director is someone that has only worked on kid shows with most likely no contacts in the industry. He won't be able to elevate the source material at all as you can see in the trailer already. The vibes will be there as you said with Taku Kishimoto as the screenwriter and character designs are faithful by Moriyama. It'll be average at best, but not something that will be big or better than the source material. I'm still hoping the best for SD because it's legit the best action packed manga in jump rn.
@SideCharacterKal

Well, so you haven't seen what he's capable of with a shounen like Sakamoto Days. To say that it won't be good based on a very brief initial trailer is jumping the gun.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 28, 7:31 AM

Apr 2018
FMmatron said:
@SideCharacterKal

Well, so you haven't seen what he's capable of with a shounen like Sakamoto Days. To say that it won't be good based on a very brief initial trailer is jumping the gun.

I don't remember saying that it wasn't going to be good, but average. there's clear examples in the trailer where they just take perspective and angle of the manga panel and change nothing about it. He doesn't have the experience of an action director, but his experience in directing should be good enough to get it done with no issues besides that. I'm hoping for the best for Sakamoto days ๐Ÿ™

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
May 28, 10:48 AM

Nov 2016
Reply to SideCharacterKal
FMmatron said:
@SideCharacterKal

I don't remember saying that it wasn't going to be good, but average. there's clear examples in the trailer where they just take perspective and angle of the manga panel and change nothing about it. He doesn't have the experience of an action director, but his experience in directing should be good enough to get it done with no issues besides that. I'm hoping for the best for Sakamoto days ๐Ÿ™
@SideCharacterKal

You said it will be average at best. There's more to an adaptation than how manga panels are animated. Besides, many first trailers/teasers only show static images or some panels, that doesn't mean much. Let's at least wait for the final trailer and even that one won't be as telling as the actual episodes.

May 28, 11:56 AM
Nov 2022
Did anyone here actually watch the Lupin III movies? You can call the director mid, but You Moriyama has worked on great action projects like the Goemon Film. Y'all should really start watching more series, cause calling TMS, the guys that made Lupin and Conan, a mid studio is just dishonest.
May 28, 12:33 PM
Feb 2021
salest said:
Did anyone here actually watch the Lupin III movies? You can call the director mid, but You Moriyama has worked on great action projects like the Goemon Film. Y'all should really start watching more series, cause calling TMS, the guys that made Lupin and Conan, a mid studio is just dishonest.

Their latest outputs outside their newest Conan movie have been abyssal
May 28, 12:38 PM

Apr 2024
Reply to luvcalv
@luvcalv UU was made by different studio. Sadly it's not bait, but true facts unfortunately. Given recent TMS' works and director's works, having Sakamoto in their hands doesn't fill me with joy.
18927May 28, 12:46 PM
May 28, 8:38 PM
Oct 2020
Well the director and staff seem to be passionate. So I'm kinda hopeful ๐Ÿคž

May 28, 10:59 PM

Jul 2020
Reply to GYATyoruichi
yg said:

mid rage bait. 3/10
@GYATyoruichi "GYATyoruichi" aight bro
May 28, 11:08 PM
Jun 2021
hope it was animated by wit studio
May 28, 11:55 PM

Mar 2021
Personally, I thought it wasn't that bad.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Comments from author, director and VA + pv

ryzxgum - May 27

7 by SoulReaper01_ »»
Jun 2, 4:51 PM

» Fans like are waiting for this.

This_is_Rahat - May 27

3 by This_is_Rahat »»
May 29, 10:27 PM

» HYPE THREAD!!11!!1

FruitPunchBaka - May 27

7 by Limun »»
May 29, 7:52 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.