Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Whisper Me a Love Song
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 25, 9:58 AM

Dec 2021
Let the drama begin.

At the student council room, where they visited to participate in the school festival's live performance, "SSGIRLS" run into Shiho Izumi, the former vocalist before Yori. It seemed that Shiho, who had left the group, has some unresolved issues with Aki and the others. Meanwhile, newly turned lovers Himari and Yori walk home hand in hand, gradually deepening their bond. Amidst this, Shiho and Hajime Amazawa visit Momoka in the cooking research club.

So Momoka likes Hajime, though she hinted it might be a one-sided situation. I have a feeling that Shiho is going to fall for Himari, not realizing she's already dating her rival. Though the way Momoka kept trying to hush Himari when talking about her lover was kinda weird... So, did Shiho do all that out of jealousy? She quit, joined another band, and practiced like hell just because she was jealous of Yori and to impress Aki?

Shiho just had to come in and mess everything up for my sweet yuri, didn't she?

May 25, 10:09 AM

Feb 2020
Interesting and spicy episode. Shiho is a good addition to the show.

Things were complicated in the past and they will get complicated again.

Lovely moments between Himari and Yori again. They look cute together. :3

Momoka x Hajime would be great. <3 Well, that's probably not going to happen, though.

SerafosMay 25, 10:21 AM
May 25, 11:15 AM
May 2023
Yeah I don’t blame Aki for slapping Shiho. Idve done the same thing
May 25, 11:30 AM

Mar 2021
Really interesting and dramatic episode, Shiho seems a complete bitch and if am being honest I would've given her a hard slap as well she deserves it.
May 25, 11:49 AM
Aug 2022
So this episode broke the norm they've been going with and adapted all of volume 4 instead of half of it. Which is now getting me curious on whether the show will end at volume 6's end or not. They ended up cutting out a date between Yori and Hima this chapter which sucks cause it was really adorable but at the same time I feel like it made this episode flow better. So I think they made the right choice cutting it out but I hope they maybe include it on a later episode.

I think they nailed Shiho's performance at the end, They portrayed it to look a lot more passionate than Yori's band. Which is what I wanted them to do. I'm still curious whether they will adapted Shiho's whole story or not. I hope so cause it's part of why I love her so much.

I mean I hated her at the beginning of when she was introduced in the manga but when you understand more about her she's such a good character and probably the best written.
May 25, 11:51 AM

Jan 2023
This week, we found out a lot about recently introduced Shiho and her relationship with Yori's band members.
It was very interesting and some things make more sense now, and yet I'd say it feels as if there is still a lot we don't know/understand about her.
I'm really curious about her relationship with Aki in particular: that ending made me wonder if she feels, or felt, something for her.
In any case, her interactions with Himari have shown she has a cute side, in addition to the 'mean' side she shows her former band members.

Also loved the Yori/Aki bonding friendship moment, and of course the few (adorable) scenes we got of Himari and Yori together :)
May 25, 11:54 AM

Mar 2023
They skipped OP and ED both this and last episode, may not be too happy with some parts of the adaptation, but at least they're working hard with the resources they have
May 25, 12:51 PM

Feb 2008
Shiho is being a colossal bitch. She needs to f off. Taking something serious doesn't mean you need to treat everyone like shit. I suspect there is more to it than what is currently known. She seems to be a bit of a tsundere, so that might play a part in her attitude. But as of now I can't make heads or tails of what her problem is.

I am going to just throw a wild guess out there. Probably completely wrong.
She fell in love with Aki, but then found out Aki loved Yori. She also learned that Yori was a singer and that Aki loved Yori's voice. So in a way, she probably saw it as Aki rather having Yori as the singer for the band. This caused her to lash out, and then when Aki pointed out some issues with her singing (which to her probably felt like a confirmation)... in a tsundere emotional epic like fashion, instead of being honest she acts as if she always disliked the band and quit. Also, her vendetta seems directed at Aki rather than the whole band, which leads me to believe the reason is more personal.

And now she wants to show Aki up, to prove she is a better singer than Yori. Basically, it's a tsundere's version of "notice me senpai".

Now, I am curious to see how far off and wrong I am lol.
I am become bunny, fluffing of worlds.
May 25, 1:30 PM

Feb 2019
Fairs. Shiho is here to save this show. Best girl I’m sorry. She’s exactly the type of spice it’s been needing. She and Mizuguchi backstory was great, I love the little love rectangle that’s developing with her, Mizuguchi, Yori and Hima too.

Performance should’ve been the highlight of the episode, but the subpar animation made it hard to enjoy it to the fullest. Shiho’s vocals were great though and the song slaps.

“Was I better than that girl behind you who you love so much” 😭 oh yea this is the drama I need. I love the toxicity she bringing.
Marinate1016May 25, 2:46 PM
May 25, 1:32 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Wow man, someone call the fire department because that gym was on fire lol, Shiho and her band really rocked the place, of course they gave the “villains” a hard rock styled song. I will say tho, I don’t really agree with what Kino said about it being a better performance, mainly because it was the harder rock style that made it seem that way, yeah Shiho sang very passionately but imo they weren’t objectively better, and we also got robbed of seeing the full SSGIRLS performance so it’s hard to compare anyway lol. And then Shiho had the audacity to flex on Aki afterward, man this is some spicy stuff, but if you ask me I think Shiho needs to take that song and extend it about 7 more minutes and then we’ll talk about being better lol.

And speaking of the spice, man that backstory between Shiho and Aki is not a good look for Shiho, I said this recently about a character in monogatari but it’s gonna take King Arthur to pull out the stick that’s in her ass lol. Of course there’s gonna be more to it I’m guessing, there’s no way she’s just a bitch and there’s nothing else to it, I look forward to how this develops and also seeing the SSGIRLS comeback, this rivalry can only mean better music after all. And lastly I wanted to mention I love every version we’ve seen of Aki so far, we have before she dyed it, then the blonde edition, and the version with her hair up, they’re all good looks.
TheColonel76May 25, 1:37 PM
May 25, 1:52 PM
Jan 2018
Great episode. Poor Shiho...
May 25, 1:58 PM

May 2011
> Aki Invites Shiho
> Shiho says she wants a serious band if you're ok with that then she'll join
> Aki's band wasn't really "serious"
> Shiho want's to leave
> Aki *shocked pikachu face*

Not sure why no one in their band got the memo...
May 25, 1:58 PM

Apr 2021
Shiho is so petty and childish, if someone says your bridge isn't perfect, it ooobviously means it's complete trash. But I guess it's high school and puberty, such behaviour is to be expected^^

I hope Mizuguchi tells Kino sooner rather than later what she knows about Shiho. Don't leave her in the dark.

MarchinBunny said:
She fell in love with Aki, but then found out Aki loved Yori
It would make sense why she reacted so drastically to Aki criticising her vocals, that it hurt so much hearing it especially from her. And even her lyrics from the casting seemed to be directed at Aki.
But Shiho's relationship to Kaori seems alright, when she gave her tickets to a gig. So it's probably personal.
May 25, 2:19 PM

Jul 2016
I'm not native but is this an actual line in English? if I didn't know enough Japanese to understand 受験の話はマジでやめて I would never know what she said
May 25, 2:33 PM
Oct 2023
There's so much romance this season that I feel just sort of exist. This is not bad, but it's not really anything special either. Regardless it's probably the best romance I am watching this season. Also people are talking about the drama, but like, there is none. One couple is already decided. One girl already gave up without even trying. Another girl seems to have a crush but is also too stupid to say it. That's less drama and more just life happening. And the band stuff also isn't drama, it's just a basic contest, whoever wins, wins. There's openings for drama sure, but so far it's just very simple interactions with no real big building drama or event. Like once they pick the bands then what? They just build to another performance and then that's the end? A bit of past drama sure, but where we are in the story currently the drama is at most a sprinkle.
isseixkonekoMay 25, 2:38 PM
May 25, 2:33 PM

Jun 2023
Reply to diegontijo
I'm not native but is this an actual line in English? if I didn't know enough Japanese to understand 受験の話はマジでやめて I would never know what she said
@diegontijo Idk the Japanese part but they used Pig Latin (fun silly altercation of english words) for that line in the sub

Deciphered to “nix on the exams”
May 25, 3:26 PM

Jul 2022
I urgently need the full and extended version of the amazing song Shiho's band performed. I'm sorry, Yori, but Shiho was superior, and it's clear that Shiho is taking it personally with Yori without her knowing.

May 25, 3:27 PM

Sep 2018
Best friends, yet has never gone over to her house before, yeah, OK pal.

This show is a constant reminder of how emotionally unstable and cringe a lot of people are as young teens, getting jealous over the most pathetic and trivial of shit, nothing cute about it.
May 25, 3:36 PM

Sep 2018
Reply to Narizor
I urgently need the full and extended version of the amazing song Shiho's band performed. I'm sorry, Yori, but Shiho was superior, and it's clear that Shiho is taking it personally with Yori without her knowing.

@Narizor Yeah, that song slapped. If anyone has a link, please post on this forum.
May 25, 3:55 PM

Jul 2016
Reply to lingojk
@diegontijo Idk the Japanese part but they used Pig Latin (fun silly altercation of english words) for that line in the sub

Deciphered to “nix on the exams”
@lingojk yeah, I'd never know that lol
thank you for the explanation!
May 25, 5:54 PM
Sep 2020
diegontijo said:

it's a pig latin version of nix. Works perfectly well as an English sentence, and matches the Japanese
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/ixnay
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/nix#English
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pig_Latin
May 25, 6:51 PM

May 2022
Best episode yet! The music, the conflict, the drama all taken to the next level!
May 25, 7:12 PM

Aug 2022
Wonder how will the two bands clashing will affect the trajectory of later episodes....

Though I can understand folks who just wanted a fluffy yuri love story might dislike how Shiho practically crashed the party.
May 25, 7:37 PM
Oct 2020
Fan of the serie since 2020 and as a Shiho fan i was really hoping to hear her singing. I loved this ep
May 25, 7:42 PM
Jul 2023
Animation seemed a little rougher today. The performances stand out in this regard. For the SSGIRLS, the drummer apparently just completely disappears when there's ever a shot that's not a band member close up.

Drummer doko?

May 25, 7:44 PM

Aug 2019
i honestly dont like how this is going. i dont understand shiho's character at all she is literally just mean, selfish and entitled.
and the quality is getting worse and worse. until like ep 5 i thought it was good but this episode specifically looks ugly in many places. also look at the following pictures i took of two scenes that are after each other. where the hell did the microphones go?

at least himari is cute
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 25, 7:51 PM
Nov 2023
diegontijo said:

I thought it was unnecessary over-localisation, thankfully my Japanese also is good enough to hear ‘stop talking about exams’ because the ixnay garbage was meaningless to me!
May 25, 8:40 PM
John Titor

Jul 2017
Tbh, the song from the rival band was better than the SSGirls' one. However, Yori still sang better than Shiho. What really made the second song a banger was Momoka's bass.
Mi música chiptune (auténtica, no fakebit) / My chiptune music (real, no fakebit)
YouTube
Battle of the Bits
SoundCloud
May 25, 10:17 PM

May 2015
Reply to TitanOfPlasma
Tbh, the song from the rival band was better than the SSGirls' one. However, Yori still sang better than Shiho. What really made the second song a banger was Momoka's bass.
@TitanOfPlasma I am not even sure that Yori sang better, BTW their performance was extremely uninspired and boring but what really pissed me off was the bad animation. This series is getting worse with every episode in that regard.
IshitatesoMay 25, 10:27 PM
夏草や 兵どもが 夢の跡
May 25, 11:00 PM

Nov 2021
Please let Mizuguchi be happy for once...
May 26, 1:10 AM

Jan 2024
The story is so good with Drama, Romance and Music all covered nicely it sucks that animation standard keep falling.
Also Shiho deserved to be slapped
May 26, 2:36 AM
Mar 2018
Without a doubt, this was my favorite episode so far! Shiho is such a chaotic force, ripping through the show like a bullet, with no regard to anyone but herself. Her band's performance was awesome! I adored the song. Also, her little comment to Aki at the end... Dead!
May 26, 4:17 AM

Sep 2021
for me, it was a small wrong move of Yori to invite another girl in her apartment who is not her girlfriend (now that she has one).

great episode tho. back story of Shiho.
May 26, 4:40 AM
Apr 2022
its yuri yuri everywhere
May 26, 8:37 AM
Jan 2023
The song shihos band sang at the end of the episode was unironically fire ngl
May 26, 9:07 AM

Aug 2022
After Aki told Yori everything, finally we know why Shiho hates Aki now.

Originally they were in the same band but not anymore. I don't know if it was Shiho's selfishness or Aki's fault that caused this to happen.

Whatever it is, we have to see what happens in the future between Shiho and Aki.

RafaBryanMay 26, 9:21 AM
May 26, 1:22 PM
Anime Archivist

Aug 2019
Nothing like a little clinging to assert dominance over the beetle. But now finally, we have the two of them becoming the couple they were meant to be. A little bit of the good jelly. Now all the other girls can get their own girlfriends and everyone can be happy.

Sadly I guess not everybody can be happy though. We're already setting up the rival bands that have been lurking under our noses. Out of one challenge and into another, although I don't imagine they would have our MC band fail now. Don't want the love to take a hit, after all.

Shiho is just trying to give music her 110%. Admittedly, there are ways to express that drive without driving any wedges into the band. The flashback really feels pointed.. no subtlety whatsoever. SSGIRLS sadly got added to the body count back then 😔

I swear the anime studio can't make performances right.. I feel kinda insulted. The romance is beautifully handled in the show, but when I take off the yuri goggles I see.. what I don't want to see
May 26, 3:39 PM

Sep 2015
dude.. the microphones and the drummer were continuously disappearing LOL
May 26, 4:41 PM
Jun 2022
Not gonna lie, that was the least dramatic slap I've ever seen in the history of anime, yet left Shiho's face looking like a worn out Scrub Daddy.
May 26, 6:54 PM
May 2024
Show is god awful. Pure dog excrement
May 26, 7:31 PM
Jun 2022
Xx-JacKato-xX said:
dude.. the microphones and the drummer were continuously disappearing LOL

SSGIRLS dominated the magic of invisibility and PowerPoint presentations
May 26, 7:33 PM
Jun 2022
Gremlinaitor said:
Fan of the serie since 2020 and as a Shiho fan i was really hoping to hear her singing. I loved this ep

Love Live fan spotted, nice.
May 27, 3:14 AM

Mar 2008
Shiho is causing more trouble than I thought she would be going for.

May 27, 7:36 AM

Apr 2015
Man if I were a fan of the manga I would have been really upset about the art
May 27, 12:25 PM
Mar 2018
I'm still in to this for the story but man, the weak points in the animation were really present in this episode.
May 27, 1:08 PM
Sep 2021
Chol_Yerlow said:
I'm still in to this for the story but man, the weak points in the animation were really present in this episode.

especially the constantly magically disappearing microphones and drummer
May 27, 1:20 PM
Apr 2020
The animation was weird these two episodes, last episode the shadows were wrong and this episode we had the ghost mike. Anyway, the Shiho's group ate honestly.
May 27, 2:28 PM

Jul 2016
Well, it was decent while it lasted. There goes another story ruined by a trashy tsundere character smh. Honestly, thank God we have Hibike! Euphonium 3 this season to cover for the music, and even the yuri aspect lol.

Also SSGIRLS' chosen song for the audition couldn't have been more lame. Come on, they were practically asking for that musical beating.

Himari asserting dominance was cute tho.
May 27, 3:03 PM

May 2015
Oh wow, people actually sit down and talk in this anime. Also interesting how they showcased two competing groups, usually there's only one (main) band in anime schools and that's it.

While Shiho's performance was impressive, I don't think she was completely fair, considering what they were playing with SSgirls and what she actually wanted to play are two completely different genres. She just should have been more honest, and I don't get why she still insists on acting like a jerk.
May 27, 5:05 PM

Dec 2015
Ah, so that's what went down. With the way Shiho is, I would think that it would be hard to find a band and stick with it if keeps that attitude. Willing to blame others for a crappy rehearsal but never willing to see if they can improve. On a side note, it would be funny if there was a reference to her complaining about the first band she joined just sitting around eating cake and drinking tea.

Yori seems to be growing more attentive lately and it shows with her getting Aki to open up about Shiho. Himari seems to be doing wonders for these girls. Surely, Aki'll patch up things up with Shiho sooner or later... alrighty then later it is. She really knows what to aim for.

Rare to have a talent show when I was in high school so I'm curious if it's the standard to have people come to see who's auditioning and I'm surprised there weren't more people who showed up.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sasayaku You ni Koi wo Utau Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Jun 29

64 by marrrl »»
2 hours ago

» Should I just drop it?...

Lay1306 - Sep 6

20 by Serafos »»
Sep 18, 9:55 PM

» Delayed Episodes

AkeZZZ - Jun 1

29 by Yuri_Niji »»
Sep 14, 3:33 PM

» Sasayaku You ni Koi wo Utau ties Yuru Yuri San☆Hai! as highest rated GL anime.

Jcmixer27 - Apr 14

31 by DX_impulse »»
Aug 18, 8:01 PM

Poll: » Sasayaku You ni Koi wo Utau Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 13

136 by NicholasTanaka »»
Aug 17, 1:40 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.