Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Vampire Dormitory
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 21, 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
Well, this episode opened opportunities for Mito to bond more in an outdoors environment especially with Ruka.

Not going to lie, I still find Ren's role in this show more interesting than the others. He's more unpredictable and causes more drama than others. In this type of anime, drama seems to be an appeal. For Mito, this was also a memorable experience since she got to experience BBQ outdoors with new friends. She needs to watch herself when going to open baths though...
Apr 21, 8:38 AM

Jun 2022
okkkkk this episode was kinda cringeeeeeeee (๋ˆˆ_๋ˆˆ)
its like all tropes in one atp from the misunderstanding on his destined partner being a woman thats not mito and ruka being all jealous to not wanting to fall in love with anyone
well at least ik why ren cares so much about mito

Apr 21, 9:13 AM

Apr 2021
Ren suspecting a girl in the bath and never questioned afterwards that there could be something fishy going on. This isn't some minor error like thinking the shirt someone wore is blue instead of green. Pretty hard to swallow, especially because Mito covers up her chest the whole time.

I'm also not sure why Mito's blood isn't getting any better (in the slightest) considering the amount of love and affection she gets in this very short amount of time. Maybe subconcious she still deals with a lot of trauma, but it's not very believable conveyed.
Apr 21, 9:36 AM
Jun 2021
I forone like this anime lol
Apr 21, 11:26 AM
Aug 2022
I really hope at least one person finds out Mito is a girl
Apr 21, 11:55 AM

Jul 2014
Should have dumped this at ep 1. Apparently it's a show about utter morons because after this episode any character that hasn't realized it's a girl can only be a moron. Collapsing after an onsen. Lame, cliche and badly done.
Apr 21, 12:16 PM

Jan 2016
My problems, but trying to disregard:
-classic white shirt getting wet but nothing happening
-The constant binding is probably so bad for her [breast health]. Trans men who bind are supposed to limit to 8 hours max or something.
-All the unrealistic fact of her hiding her sex
-Her magically getting fully dressed when passed out

I hate this founder guy! Ren is very confused because apparently his trash mother basically abandoned him to be with a man (vampire). Ruka loves Mito BUT Komori is like "nah dude, only allowed to fall in love with person I say you can".
Something is hella suspicious, like they clearly love each other, and her blood is still disgusting. Is the denial preventing improvement?
4/5 because really enjoyed it still <3

Apr 21, 2:37 PM
Feb 2024
Heheh, the way Mito really just called Ruka out on his fast beating heart-
Apr 21, 3:53 PM

May 2015
Is Ren stupid? Doesn't he know the concept of choice and free will? Just because he has some trauma about his mother doesn't give him the right to butt in other people's business. And, for a fact, Ruka's and Mito's agreement was explicitly consensual, part of the reason why I liked Ruka in the first episode. No one's forcing anyone (it's actually Ren who's being too pushy). Ren is so annoying and uncomfortable to watch, can't he see they are fine and happy? He just decides to protect and take Mito away if anything goes south. WHY? Why does he even care? Just leave them alone, you creep. Ugh, I hate this. Ren is just the worst, he ruined the show for me, even though it wasn't even all that good in the first place, but it could have been at least entertaining.

And why does Mito needs a wig in the first place? Can't she just cut her hair? Why does she pose as a boy in the first place?

I honestly wanted to give it a go at least for Ruka, because he seems like a cool/cute character, but it became unwatchable really fast. The whole trope of crossdressing and gender intrigue aren't really well executed either. All I'm getting are the vibes of "let's make it look gay without it actually being gay", which is hella annoying. Plus all that generic misunderstanding with a destined parter problem thrown into the mix. Meh.
Apr 21, 10:37 PM
Apr 2019
Anyone else think her outfit, with the suspenders, looked just like Misty from Pokémon?
Apr 22, 1:29 AM

Mar 2008
Ren is being a little annoying but it is understandable he has good intentions and has bad past experience

LilyVarbik said:
classic white shirt getting wet but nothing happening

I was thinking this too. Though i can overlook it since we dont know how thick the shirt is. Thicker cotton wouldnt become transparent.
LilyVarbik said:
The constant binding is probably so bad for her [breast health]. Trans men who bind are supposed to limit to 8 hours max or something.

Id think it depends on size starting with and how tightly bound.
LilyVarbik said:
All the unrealistic fact of her hiding her sex

I just want an explanation to come why that is the case.
LilyVarbik said:
Her magically getting fully dressed when passed out

Technically she could have got dressed super quick but yeah there needed to be a few more seconds. Not a writing issue just an animation timing issue.
LilyVarbik said:
Something is hella suspicious, like they clearly love each other, and her blood is still disgusting. Is the denial preventing improvement?

Im thinking it might be Ruka in denial and Mito not loving herself.
Apr 22, 3:44 AM
Jul 2013
I can’t tell whether I love this cringe or hate it. Ruka and his gay panic (?) makes me laugh so hard
Apr 23, 12:59 AM

Jul 2017
A welcome party for Mito, and a glamping outdoor camp where she is joined by Ruka, Juri and Takara, Ren keeps her at arm's length should she come into trouble. Expectedly, Ren comes to raid their party, though him setting up his own camp separate as a way of protection, the fun between Mito and Ruka is just starting...but she should be more careful about herself in front of Ruka. But being called a placeholder until Ruka finds the perfect woman partner, this is rather unsettling and hurting, which as much as he wants to reciprocate her feelings, it doesn't feel right.

The mixed-gender open air bath where Ren finds out that Mito's a girl, he has to take a bath with her unwillingly. A close shave that Mito managed to cover herself while Ren takes care of her, Ruka will only shower her with his sweet side, even if she knows that he will not love her back as much as he does.

First 2D girls, and now Mito, Ruka's slowly falling for her in the wrong way, and not as Komori wants that he needs him to succeed him.

To love, or not to love...that's a pretty tough question.
Apr 24, 12:15 AM
Feb 2017
I've thought this from the beginning, but it's really starting to feel like a Mulan's Li Shang "oops you accidentally made a bisexual love story" ....I can't help but feel it'd be much more interesting if Mito actually WAS a man or if anything other than basic cishetero romance was at play here.
Take my opinions and statements with a grain of salt!
Apr 24, 8:47 AM

Jan 2021
First of all, I'd like to apologize if my words might be offensive to others, or a silly statement... but I don't understand why no one thought that Mito was a girl after seeing her at the glamping. I mean the purple haired one is pretty and cute too, but he does look like a boy, while Mito, especially with how she looked at the glamping, pretty much looks like a girl. I hope the bat assistant knows that Mito is a girl but just pretends not to know...

"Ruka... why is he looking at me like that?..." girl... you took off your shirt a little in front of him...

And Ren, if he still doesn't realize that Mito is a girl, he's either crazy or under the influence of drugs.

Agh. I still have some things I want to say lol, but maybe I've been annoyed since the beginning that Nakayoshi chose this as their anniversary project. Or maybe I'm the one who can't see the beauty of this. Either way, it's annoying and I'll most likely drop this.

Apr 25, 6:03 PM

Oct 2022
At this rate, I think Ruka will only find out that Mito is a girl in the next season ๐Ÿ˜‚
UndefeatedBahamut
Apr 27, 2:42 PM

Sep 2007
Is it wrong of me to think they're all idiots because they can't tell Mito is a girl?

I mean....the fact that Mito is being super careless (lifting up the bottom of her shirt to wipe her eyes and totally has her guard down while "changing" in the tent etc.) just continuously made me facepalm the whole time...

Ren's also surely realized Mito is a girl but is just acting ignorant/in denial I think...
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Apr 27, 3:20 PM

Apr 2013
I never thought I would despise so much a black-haired character in my life...

.·:*¨ ๐•พ๐–Š๐–™ ๐•ธ๐–Š ๐•ฑ๐–—๐–Š๐–Š - ๐•ต๐–Š๐–˜๐–˜๐–Ž๐–ˆ๐–† ๐•ต๐–š๐–“๐–Œ ¨*:·. ๐“†ฉโ™ก๐“†ช
๐Ÿฌ:๐Ÿฑ๐Ÿฑ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ใ…‡โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ ๐Ÿฏ:๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿฒ
โ†บ¹ |โ— โ–ถ โ–ท| โ‹ฎ≡
Apr 28, 8:46 AM

Apr 2022
Reply to utopica
Ren suspecting a girl in the bath and never questioned afterwards that there could be something fishy going on. This isn't some minor error like thinking the shirt someone wore is blue instead of green. Pretty hard to swallow, especially because Mito covers up her chest the whole time.

I'm also not sure why Mito's blood isn't getting any better (in the slightest) considering the amount of love and affection she gets in this very short amount of time. Maybe subconcious she still deals with a lot of trauma, but it's not very believable conveyed.
@utopica I think the reason that her blood is not improving is that she knows every thing anyone does toward her has to be a lie, due to her own choice to hide who and what she really is. Can something be love if it is not true? Especially considering that we are talking about an abstract concept being able to be measured by a device? If "My lips could tell a lie but my heart would know" is a saying, why wouldn't this magical device be able to detect that?
Website | YouTube
Anime reviews, episode discussions, lists, and opinions.
Apr 28, 9:27 AM
Aug 2022
I really hope at least one person realises Mito's a girl and I really hope its Ren as he's actually a really nice guy. It's just occurred now to me but idk why she even was crossdressing in the first place before meeting Ruka

More topics from this board

» Ruka or Ren

CocoJaypee - Yesterday

15 by lovshanks »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Vampire Dormitory Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 5

11 by kajinokage »»
Yesterday, 5:38 PM

Poll: » Vampire Dormitory Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 28

18 by Titadou »»
Yesterday, 9:33 AM

» What's your opinion so far on Vampire Dormitory?

Vermerin - Apr 24

19 by EmmyBomb »»
May 5, 6:01 AM

» Is it a big spoiler why she's crossdressing to begin with?

LostSpectre - Apr 9

11 by Katallina »»
Apr 28, 9:14 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.