Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
WIND BREAKER
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 19, 9:40 PM
Feb 2020
this is the first episode that i actually liked
the animation still looks AI generated though
this is like a much less interesting version of tokyo revengers
7/10
Apr 20, 1:03 AM
Dec 2021
Umemiya is basically Gojo lmao
Apr 20, 4:45 AM
Mar 2024
It’s always so strange when you know a Va so well for another roll doing something else like umemiya even had similar expressions to Gojo it just feels so off lol
Apr 20, 7:56 AM
Oct 2023
Man this episode lifted the whole momentum of anime, hope it goes like that, some scenes just made me jump from my seat, that mc and long hair guy entry I wass not expecting, and cool attitude of strong ones are also good to see
Apr 20, 11:25 AM
Apr 2024
we get to know of hierarchy and got small fight scenes but wtf happened to animation.
hope it gets better in upcoming episodes
Apr 20, 12:28 PM
May 2021
Reply to MadanielFL
So they don't work, they don't go to school, they spend all day walking around town helping people for free.

What kind of life is that lol?
@MadanielFL life of a scoundrel, but fr man this is just an anime
Apr 20, 1:27 PM
Nov 2016
Reply to phantomfandom
@dodoxdo97 I prefer onsen or bathhouse, they deserve a man-to-man interaction with nothing on them.

Anyway, if Bofurin is a police academy that would explain a lot of things... Like why students need to patrol and why there's no police force.
phantomfandom said:
I prefer onsen or bathhouse, they deserve a man-to-man interaction with nothing on them

I haven't read the manga yet, but now I hope there will be a bathhouse or onsen scene now! lol
Apr 20, 1:51 PM
Apr 2024
It's good and funny. Sakura's face is cute.
Apr 20, 5:38 PM
Mar 2019
Umemiya is such a cool head. Laid back, and chill, that charisma goes well as his soon to be revealed fighting prowess. There's a reason why he's on top.
Apr 20, 10:17 PM
Jan 2024
I'm loving the action scenes and even the OST and credits song's really good. it's actually the singer I really like thoigh I forget his name all the time.
this actually reminds me of Bucchigiri. even the school infrastructure and all but thus is definitely better than Bucchigiri. also I loved how the characters are not stiff and have quirks and all. but I'm sure that yellow sunglass guy is gonna create trouble. the slow talking ones are always trouble!!
Apr 21, 12:06 AM

Jan 2017
Nothing much really happened except the introduction of the enemy's territory. I still do not quite understand how Sakura would reach to the top or something, but well enjoying this so far
Apr 21, 12:58 AM

Jul 2017
Haruka Sakura vs. Kyoaro Sugishita, the "road to the top" is more a sin from a fanatic, coming from the top himself: Hajime Umemiya, by JJK's Satoru Gojo's VA of all people, a perfect fit. Otherwise, everyone of Furin is all identical to the cause: to protect the town, not go against infighting between classmates.

Betwen the 1st to 3rd years of Furin, everyone is eccentric, even the Four Kings, of which Hiragi is one governing the Jimon Team, of which Haruka is part of his group. Going around the town to do patrolling and community work, this is part-and-parcel of life as opposed to the usual fights they have in the past. And just as is with someone escaping from another turf: the Shishitoren dogs and devotees of power, their 2nd-in-command Jo Togame isn't fooling around, which Haruka picks a fight with him. All of this has to be reported to Umemiya...but aside from his voice, he's a strong guy...who's an easygoing grade school kid?

Who's this enigma of a character with all that Gojo suave?
Apr 21, 2:14 AM
Feb 2015
Good thing Furin under great leader if not they might turn out like Shishitoren. Furin is saint if compared with other delinquent team. Sakura pick fight habit ma become a problem if it continue like this.
Apr 21, 5:54 AM
Feb 2022
The fight is just beginning many more action to come next episode
Apr 21, 10:14 AM
May 2018
"Wind Breaker" is a tiresome and clichéd anime that lacks creativity. After watching just three episodes, I found it to be a mere repetition of familiar tropes without offering anything new or engaging. Both in terms of storytelling and artistic style, the anime fails to capture my interest. It feels like yet another generic series produced in the same mold as many forgettable anime of its kind. Just as those series faded into obscurity, "Wind Breaker" seems destined to be forgotten as well. If you're looking for something fresh and innovative, this anime is certainly not the one to watch.
Apr 21, 11:41 AM
Mar 2024
I kinda enjoying Windbreaker so far.I live Shows with many different chars and this one is very promising so far.
Apr 21, 4:25 PM
Jun 2021
There were lots of funny moments this episode!
It felt more like buildup, but I don’t think that’s a bad thing.

I really like Sakura and I think he’s a really interesting main character. Honestly, I like most of the characters so far! They all seem interesting and I’m excited for the conflict that’s building.
Apr 21, 4:39 PM
May 2018
In episode 3 of WINDBREAKER, one of the best parts of that entire episode was seeing Haruka's reaction of him being accepted in Bofurin.

They accepted him for who he is and did not bring up the question as to why does Haruka have a different color on his hair and eye. 😊

More so, quite interesting to see that Haruka and Sugishita got along so quickly.

And I am here for it, since most stories would drag out these two for conflict over a number of episodes.

Initially I thought we were going to see Umemiya in episode 4, but I am so glad we got see him in episode 3 for WINDBREAKER.

Even though I do not know much him yet, he really knows how to brighten up a room with his persona.

Also, he reminds me of Gojo😅
Apr 21, 10:53 PM

Apr 2012
Lol, this is literally a delinquent version of Zenitsu. Also, is it just me or are most of the characters here really drawn in the shoujo style?
Apr 22, 5:17 AM

Jun 2021
Bofurin is basically a neighborhood friendly version of Toman, that actually serves some purpose
That Jo dude, pisses me off
Apr 22, 9:27 AM
Sep 2020
Episode 3x is officially release
Apr 22, 11:35 AM
Jun 2020
The animation is good but the story is annoyingly on the nose with its plot. People might be giving this show more attention than it's worth because it seems pretty lame IMO. Not for me.
Apr 22, 12:22 PM

Mar 2021
Sakura is basically a shojo love interest but a shonen mc.
Apr 22, 8:44 PM
Sep 2022
good episode! This anime is just plain fun even if its a little cheesy. Was cool to see the rival school a bit and get some more plot going! I really like Umemiya, we love a plant loving king
Apr 23, 5:14 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
In the episode we discovered the "boss of the school"!
Well, and the new enemy too!!
kekeke
Apr 23, 5:54 AM
Sep 2021
love Umeniya so much already😭
Apr 23, 6:35 AM
Nov 2021
it was ok i hope next ep will be good
Apr 24, 7:00 AM
Apr 2018
Suou and other guys could tell that despite being a fighting maniac, Sakura is a tsunderenand a kind-hearted guy. They easily accepted him.
What's keeping them together is their leader Umemiya Hajime with the motto "Protect the people and the town".

Why are they not allowed to talk about Kotonoha? (Maybe she's someone related to Umemiya?)

On the way for patrolling, "Bofurin" encounters another faction "Devotees of Power" and their second in command.

Apr 25, 4:33 AM
Oct 2022
Fun but really exciting

that new gang showed up and jacket was fire though
Apr 26, 4:48 AM

Apr 2012
WOWOWOOW LETS GOOOOOOOOOOO YEEEEEEEEEE .
Apr 26, 4:56 AM

Apr 2012
Liking it for now-
Apr 26, 8:26 AM
Jun 2023
Its a decent show. Waiting for more fun dtuff
Apr 27, 3:13 PM

Apr 2024
There he is!! Another strong easy-going white-haired character voiced by Nakamura Yuuichi!!
very sleep deprived
Apr 28, 1:32 AM

Aug 2019
First of all, where are the teachers of this school like are they receiving any sort of education? Or they're mostly spending their days patrolling the town. I'm assuming since it is the first day maybe the teachers didn't need to show up.

I love how friendly and supportive the members of Furin are with Sakura as a newcomer.

Anyways, Sakura ofc is already causing trouble with other groups lmao. As expected of him.
Apr 30, 7:15 AM

Feb 2021
Another territory, can't wait to see them fight :)
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 30, 1:44 PM

Feb 2016
so this is exactly like bucchigiri, are both clones of tokyo revengers? (i havent seen it)
May 2, 6:49 PM

May 2015
Umemiya must be quite the guy to get all those different conflicting personalities in line like that and things sure got more complicated already with this ruthless enemy turf being revealed. Hopefully Jo Togame gets punched a few good times before the end of this season!
May 2, 11:33 PM
Jan 2021
Haruka handled himself there. Despite slipping, he managed to up his reputation even more by landing a blow on Kyotaro Sugishita.

I agree with him in not apologizing since Sugishita is the one who provoked him by attacking him. Regardless they are in this together.

So now we know the identity of one of the people who helped out Haruka in the first episode, Toma Hiragi, who is the captain of Nirei and Haruka’s class. I’m glad that Haruka will have someone who can show him that life isn’t all about fighting the strongest guys.

And because of Nirei we got more of an understanding of the Bofurin structure. The teams are based on the Four Heavenly Kings (Tamon Team, Zojo Team, Jikoku Team, Komoku Team) and they are apart of the Tamon Team. I wonder if this will become more significant as the story progresses.

Hajima Umimiya, the top brass of Bofurin. Such a laid back fellow, but something about him freaks out the captains…

And lastly we got the major conflict with Shishitoren, The Devotees of Power. The middle schooler is lucky that Haruka and Sugishita came along. The three members involved are Arika Yukinari, Kanuma Minoru, and the guy who got knocked out in one blow, Saruwatari. The second in command Jo Togame stopped by and essentially issued a declaration of war against Haruka and Bofurin, so I’m excited to see how this goes.

I don’t like how Shishitoren treat anyone who loses as worthless and throw them out, so Bofurin will need to beat some sense into them.

I’m hyped UP!
May 7, 8:29 AM
Feb 2021
OK, I’m starting to like the show more now. However I wanna know is this like a school for delinquents or something because like the whole setting just feels like a school for delinquents even though these aren’t delinquents. Also it’s very interesting to see that there are two different sides similar to like Tokyo revengers but better. I hope to see more fights because I don’t think anything could top the first episode with the way that started. I hope to see more of those fight scenes again please!

I like some of the new characters that we got introduced. Hayato is so chill and interesting to be around, I like he’s company. Kyoutarou hates Haruka as much as he does, but has to obey to Touma and Hajime to get along with Haruka. Touma definitely feels like the teacher that has to manage the entire group without having to fill in bad reports for Hajine. And I’m guessing the next episode will learn more about Hajime than the fact that he’s a Gardener and is pretty chill for the most part. Other than that, a pretty good solid episode
May 7, 2:18 PM
Patron

May 2014
Kinda enjoy this Show so far
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wind Breaker Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 9

78 by RobertBobert »»
4 minutes ago

» Shounen-Ai?

mechian - Apr 4

9 by RobertBobert »»
30 minutes ago

Poll: » Wind Breaker Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 2

94 by FMmatron »»
32 minutes ago

Poll: » Wind Breaker Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 4

213 by Ishiryoku »»
Today, 12:57 AM

Poll: » Wind Breaker Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 25

73 by Magicmist »»
May 9, 9:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.