Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Dekisokonai to Yobareta Motoeiyuu wa Jikka kara Tsuihou sareta node Sukikatte ni Ikiru Koto ni Shita Episode 1 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 30, 8:15 AM

Jul 2017
What the hell Crunchyroll...more leaks?

Sigh...anyways, novelist Shin Kouzuki's generic works are clearly not good, but it's ironic that this show, the 2nd of his works, is getting the anime adaptation...by the infamous Nanatsu no Taizai Season 3 and 4's studio collab of Studio Deen x Marvy Jack. Talk about irony.

Alan, a level 1 ordinary noble in the ducal House of Westfelt, one who has no "Gift", he's clearly labelled as a failure, and was casted out of the family. At the very least, this is his reincarnated life, and the life he wanted anyways. His previous life, which involves his future fiancée of Princess Lise of Adoastella, one of the people who defended him for being a failure, meets them once again while battling clay wolves alongside Beatrice, her aide. Clearly, Alan's powers from his previous life is OP as heck, and as the banished hero, he's now a free man travelling alongside both Lise and Beatrice.

Into a village, the trio sees the current hero Akira Kazaragi of her Braver "Gift" being a wandering hero and witnessing a dragon threatening their livelihood, Alan just can't leave them alone, and aids them through defeating the dragon, who requires sacrifices to kill time. And not even Akira herself manages to defeat it, leaving Alan to take the rap for her work to take down the red dragon with his OP skills.

Welp, feels like this show just speedran through its generic processes from poor writing. I'm struggling to even finish the premiere episode, which even at 1.3X speed, is just slow and sluggish. This is just horrible...an easy "Appalling" series to boot.
KANLen09Apr 3, 7:10 AM
Mar 30, 8:19 AM

Dec 2021
The studio behind not only Konosuba but also the OG Spice and Wolf has now turned to this... the first of novelist Kouzuki's many generic titles. Oh, how the mighty have fallen, Deen.

Allen, once deemed a failure for lacking the "Gift" bestowed by the gods, is actually a former hero retaining memories and powers from his previous life. Using his expulsion from his family's duchy as a catalyst, Allen is on the brink of embarking on a carefree journey to pursue his desires when he stumbles upon an assassination attempt targeting his ex-fiancée. As a former hero, Allen still wields the extraordinary powers of his previous life, making it impossible for him to turn a blind eye to those in need—even if he wishes he could. Despite his desire for a peaceful existence this time, the unwanted heroic fantasy life is on the verge of unfolding.

"I'll keep my power hidden and live a peaceful life," Allen said. Five minutes later, he's using their power to save the princess. Well, that premise didn't last long, did it? As someone who "enjoys" isekai, I can usually find something to like: an interesting story, a captivating world, engaging characters, humor, cool character designs, great animation, maybe even a kawaii girl. But this show? It had none of that. The main character is overpowered, the premise is unoriginal and quickly forgotten, the animation is cheap, the character designs are annoying, and the characters themselves are boring. This episode was so bad that I'm struggling to find anything nice to say. I blame the source material and the script for this mess.

Voice acting? Terrible. Animation? Terrible. Story? Terrible. Everything about this show is just terrible. Well, let's see where it goes though.
IzanaSolosMar 31, 5:00 PM

Mar 30, 9:07 AM

Oct 2017
Okay wtf is even happening lol, I thought I messed up schedule for this many animes.
Mar 30, 9:19 AM
Aug 2021
KANLen09 said:
Not gonna lie, the premiere episode looks kinda ass, considering that it's the infamous Studio Deen and Marvy Jack combination, but in a stereotypical Isekai.

But what the hell Crunchyroll...more leaks?

Yeah this show is going to be gut wrenchingly shit, the combination is demential. Even the key visuals look bad
Mar 30, 9:46 AM
May 2022
This man healed a cart, This man used 2 named attacks to kill NPC wolves, My man spent 15 years of his life doing nothing and then when he's banished for his uselessness he says he wants to live a peaceful life???? It doesn't get more peaceful than 15 YEARS of time-wasting
Mar 30, 10:04 AM

Nov 2011
I'm 99% sure that Crunchyroll's management is run lately by new people, not the more experienced staff.

A leak every single day like this is pretty much unacceptable. That being said, this looks incredibly generic. Everyone has a similar face and protagonist gets called a lump and disappointment from the start. Also, I don't get why this show's character faces has a slight blush on their faces for the female cast. Beatrice and Riese got their introduction in this and meh, they don't seem like appealing characters.
Stark700Mar 31, 7:22 AM
Mar 30, 10:19 AM

Jun 2019
It was pretty boring and bland honestly.. nothing special. There was no comedy either, usually these types of anime have some comedy to make up for the mediocre animations.
Mar 30, 5:18 PM
Jul 2016
Actual animated dogshit
Mar 30, 9:26 PM
Apr 2023
This is like the third "banished" anime fantasy. And very generic and meh.
Mar 30, 9:53 PM
Nov 2020
this will save me 24 minutes every week
Mar 30, 10:43 PM

Jan 2013
What an absolute steaming pile of shit. Immediate drop. Horrible VA casting for the MC as well.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Mar 31, 5:17 AM

Apr 2022
Wow, this is trash. Complete and utter steaming pile of garbage. The crunchyroll guy wanted to just troll people into wasting their time
Mar 31, 7:48 AM
Dec 2022
mid, plain and simple
Mar 31, 7:54 AM
Apr 2018
easily one of worse anime of the season
Mar 31, 8:09 AM
Apr 2022
Ok, one less anime to watch this season, off to a great start
Mar 31, 1:19 PM

Feb 2015
who wrote this garbage. terrible first episode. wafer thin back story, forgettable characters and dismal Deen aniimation
Mar 31, 6:23 PM
Feb 2021
straight trash couldnt even get halfway through it
Mar 31, 10:20 PM
Dec 2022
I didn't even bother to watch it. I love isekais a lot but I know my limits.
Apr 1, 1:00 AM

Feb 2019
don't worry guys this ep was just an april fools joke!! next week's will be fire!!! (trust)
Apr 1, 8:38 AM

Jan 2017
Thank you saved me having to even start this.
Apr 1, 11:02 AM
Jan 2017
Reply to SomethinClever
don't worry guys this ep was just an april fools joke!! next week's will be fire!!! (trust)
@SomethinClever Are you serious? I want to drop this anime but I dont know...
Apr 1, 12:26 PM

May 2021
ngl, this shit so fucking ass even if I like isekai. terrible first episode.
Apr 1, 12:40 PM

Jan 2008
Definitely on the list of throwaway garbage isekai for this season. May not be the only one but it's my first one on the list. Don't think I can finish the series if the first two episodes were this awful.
Apr 1, 1:50 PM
May 2014
this is an isekai trash alright
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 1, 2:27 PM
Nov 2018
Generic Isekai # 5322 I'm sure this aint the only one this season.
Apr 1, 2:28 PM
Nov 2018
Reply to Paul
Definitely on the list of throwaway garbage isekai for this season. May not be the only one but it's my first one on the list. Don't think I can finish the series if the first two episodes were this awful.
@Paul I'm surprised you made it to ep 2
Apr 1, 2:32 PM
The Dreamer
Feb 2024
What an earth just happened ? confused.
One Piece Forever
Apr 1, 2:41 PM

Apr 2023
Great guess today I'm mourning 23:50 minutes of my life. And just after watching the wonderful return of Konosuba I fall face first into this.

I swear there is no convincing me that this anime was not made by 3 people, one of which got their idea from the dreams of their vegetative blind and deaf niece.

Apr 1, 3:12 PM
Apr 2019
This is just so bad. The choice of VA of the MC is really odd. I just watched the episode and it is already hard to remember what happened.
Apr 1, 3:28 PM

Feb 2015
Felt more like a season finale than season opener. Which is to say I didn't care about anything that happened without having 10 episodes of buildup. Actually started falling asleep watching this which is pretty rare. That said, if it continues like this (Alan keeps trying to relax but things keep getting in the way) it could be ok. Guess we'll see.

My guy really summoned like 1000 swords to take care of 3 wolves when he could even see the cores?
SawronZXZApr 1, 3:34 PM
Apr 1, 3:38 PM
Nov 2021
likable mc, but bad animation
Apr 1, 4:06 PM

May 2021
Okay, saw people calling this trash and was in disbelief. It can't be that bad, can it? Oh yes it sure can.

First minute or so we already have a dragon slayer who is goody two shoes resting in maiden's lap who is also the famous healer and there's a hero being thankful to this noname character. What are the odds. I am honestly surprised there wasn't a king of some sorts who would be important later taking a shit somewhere in the bushes and all the other protagonists barbecuing while OP MC PROTAG KUN is just too good of a human towards everyone.

That's few minutes before intro song. Dear lord what kind of trash is this?

Continuing, they are already engaged, and there are assassins chasing them, and they are going to get him a new sword, and blacksmith decides he's the on to bear best sword ever made, etc.. WHO WROTE THIS CRAP?
Apr 1, 4:06 PM

Jan 2016
Reply to trpk-teros
trpk-teros said:

Agreed, dude just wants to chill, but is too much of a good person to follow through with his wish.

Apr 1, 4:12 PM

May 2021
Reply to LilyVarbik
trpk-teros said:

Agreed, dude just wants to chill, but is too much of a good person to follow through with his wish.
@LilyVarbik he's the worst kind of good person. The kind where they can't show him doing good things, naah, instead they have everyone else apologize to him for random things and he just forgives them. He's that good.
Apr 1, 5:01 PM
Sep 2014
Looking up at the VA lineup, I feel sorry for them voicing this garbage. I stop right at 10 minutes.
Apr 1, 5:02 PM
Mar 2023
It's funny how 41 people so far rated this a 10 😂
Apr 1, 6:10 PM
Nov 2020
Reply to LostSpectre
What an absolute steaming pile of shit. Immediate drop. Horrible VA casting for the MC as well.
@LostSpectre Aoi Shota is a pretty good va but the staff behind this kinda dogfck the series
Apr 1, 7:03 PM

Jan 2013
Reply to Ryudrake
@LostSpectre Aoi Shota is a pretty good va but the staff behind this kinda dogfck the series
@Ryudrake I can't tell if you're disagreeing with me or not. I said it was a horrible casting, not that the VA is trash.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Apr 1, 7:52 PM
Jul 2022
I thought this was way better so far than this thread suggests. Sure, it’s a bit generic but it’s highly engaging and interesting
Apr 1, 8:35 PM
Nov 2020
Reply to LostSpectre
@Ryudrake I can't tell if you're disagreeing with me or not. I said it was a horrible casting, not that the VA is trash.
@LostSpectre the first two episodes weren't bad tbh, the lackluster animation kinda dragged it down but the story is Okay enough to make me keep on watching it, Isekai cheat magician is far worse than this one, the cast aren't terrible neither, it's just like what I said, the animation staff dogfck the show. I'm waiting for the upcoming episodes, I feel like it'll be better because of how they animated the outro.
Apr 1, 8:36 PM

Jul 2014
MC STARTS with a power called world ender and beats a dragon... that lives a short walk from where he's lived all his life... that he's never heard of... that protect the region... and requires human sacrifice... and is 2nd only to a god in power.

And it's not even the worst isekai this season.

My God, has Marvel infested anime? It's all turned to poop.
Apr 1, 9:05 PM
Mar 2024
It felt very generic and over the top but not in a funny way. I usually dont care about the story line as long as its good to watch but this one is different lmao. It's so artificially, I could'nt bear to watch it anymore.
Apr 1, 9:06 PM
Feb 2024
the main character is so naif
Apr 1, 9:13 PM

Feb 2019
i wonder who put the dragon up to being a bully like that. was it the village head or alan's father? hmm...

but, is it just me or didn't it look weird or bad animation to see a supposed huge dragon running away like a small-ish four-legged animal when alan started attacking him? it looked weirdly hilarious to me.
Apr 1, 9:33 PM
Nov 2010
What in tarnation is that "animation" quality lmao
Apr 1, 9:40 PM

Jul 2022
Wow, remarkably awful stuff. I'm down for some trash but this really pushes it.
Apr 1, 10:58 PM
Oct 2023
Definitely a picante side dish for the discerning connoisseur of stale trash anime. On a side note, I'm surprised nobody mentioned the mullet princess.
Apr 2, 4:05 AM
Jan 2022
Things to make an anime bad:
1) Rushed pacing, throwing characters into the show, unnatural dialog to explain plot
2) Illogical plot
3) Repeating the banished hero wants a simple life (Is now anything but simple)
4) Everyone loves the MC because of plot reasons.
5) Healing carts...

Wow
Apr 2, 5:12 AM

Sep 2018
This was somehow totally generic and really bad.
The first and hopefully only drop of the season.
Apr 2, 5:13 AM

Sep 2018
Reply to Ansilorid
It's funny how 41 people so far rated this a 10 😂
@Ansilorid
We have just found out how many people worked on this anime.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dekisokonai to Yobareta Motoeiyuu wa Jikka kara Tsuihou sareta node Sukikatte ni Ikiru Koto ni Shita Episode 6 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Apr 29

14 by Tanaka_Tomoyuki »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Dekisokonai to Yobareta Motoeiyuu wa Jikka kara Tsuihou sareta node Sukikatte ni Ikiru Koto ni Shita Episode 4 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Apr 15

26 by sergio0p »»
Yesterday, 7:52 AM

Poll: » Dekisokonai to Yobareta Motoeiyuu wa Jikka kara Tsuihou sareta node Sukikatte ni Ikiru Koto ni Shita Episode 5 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Apr 22

20 by itsRook »»
Apr 29, 7:51 PM

Poll: » Dekisokonai to Yobareta Motoeiyuu wa Jikka kara Tsuihou sareta node Sukikatte ni Ikiru Koto ni Shita Episode 3 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Apr 8

24 by sapphiron22 »»
Apr 23, 3:29 PM

» It's so bad that it is good.

xqXpx - Apr 10

11 by ota92ppon »»
Apr 22, 8:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.