Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 27, 8:12 AM
Mar 2024
(Important: Before you post, please take the time to read this entire 'about' section of the thread from top to bottom.)

It's exactly what it says on the tin. If there's an anime you like that hasn't had a new season in a long time (The minimum amount of years passed since your chosen anime ended has to be at least 5 years!), feel free to talk about how much you would love to see said anime return! It doesn't matter how impossible it may be, as long as you want to see an anime series get brought back, it's fair game!

Personally, I would love to see a new entry in the Jewelpet anime series. It's a pretty fun anime series that I highly recommend if you're looking for a light-hearted, comedic fantasy anime series! My personal favorite season from the Jewelpet anime is Magical Change, due to the unique concept of Jewelpets turning into humans, and I really like how creative and attractive the human forms for the Jewelpets are! I would absolutely love for Sanrio to not only bring back the Jewelpet anime, but also to bring back the human forms, perhaps for a potential sequel to Magical Change! I would also love for Sanrio to get the character artists and the studio that made Magical Change to return for this potential sequel, especially if they were to give a human form to every other Jewelpet that didn't get one back in the original 2015 anime series even though they really should have! I would love to see human forms for such important characters like Angela, Diana, Opal and Milky, alongside every other Jewelpet! There are actually people out there who legitimately really want to see every Jewelpet getting a human form, so there's still some interest!

In all fairness, it's been way too long since the Jewelpet anime ended, and there are still a lot of people who want to see the anime return after 8 years! Not to mention that there are still people out there that still make Jewelpet fanart, fan videos and other stuff to show their love and appreciation for the franchise to this very day, so there's still interest in the series! Not to mention that Sanrio have confirmed that the Jewelpet anime is currently on hiatus, so there's a chance that the series could return if enough people are asking for the anime to return!

If you like the Jewelpet anime and want to see it return one day, be sure to go on social media (For example, Twitter/X) and make a post about how people like you would love to see the Jewelpet anime series return after so long! You don't need to worry about watching the whole series, you could watch only a few episodes from any season, and if you like it, make a post about how you would like to see the anime get another season! If you're interested in every Jewelpet getting a human form for a continuation of Magical Change, you can make a post about that as well! Let's get #Jewelpet trending on Twitter, everybody!

Sorry for going on for too long about my love for Jewelpet franchise, but I legitimately cannot express how much I would love to see the franchise return after so long! (You can always talk about Jewelpet potentially returning in this thread, by the way!) Anyways, have fun talking about anime you would like to see return! And don't get into any arguments, okay?
Cybre771Mar 27, 9:20 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 27, 8:26 AM

Aug 2020
Jewelpet... nice choice. I'd really appreciate a second season of Hyouka. It's been more than 10 years already.

Mar 27, 8:28 AM

Dec 2021
I'll always wait patiently for Angel Heart to have the rest of the manga adapted. Yes, that's about 4 years minimum of unadapted content, plus an additional 7 years from that manga's sequel. C'mon Kamiya Akira, just give TMS a discount for your services so they can finish the anime!
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.
Mar 27, 8:30 AM

Feb 2020
Aikatsu!
Bananya
Gochiusa
K-On!
Kemomo Friends
Long Riders!
Manaria Friends
Miss Monochrome The Animation
New Game!
Nyanko Days
Show By Rock!!
Tanoshii Muumin Ikka

+ many more. I could make a very long list, but oh well.

SerafosMar 27, 8:38 AM
Mar 27, 8:33 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
Still waiting for that continuation for Hajime no Ippo. They could easily make a 100 episode season or more with the content out now. It was ten years ago the last season ended.
First season started 24 years ago, year 2000. Second 2009 and the third 2013. A few movies in between seasons as well.
Today, I may be a weak little bug that gets tossed in the wind,
washed away by the currents, and drowns, but tomorrow,
I may become the butterfly that spreads its colossal wings and flies the open skies!

~ Oe Kintaro
Mar 27, 8:36 AM

Dec 2021
Zarutaku said:
Usagi_Drop (for the lulz)

@Zarutaku MAL will have to go into fucking turbo moderation mode if that happens. 🤣
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.
Mar 27, 8:37 AM
Mar 2024
Reply to KitsuFrost
Jewelpet... nice choice. I'd really appreciate a second season of Hyouka. It's been more than 10 years already.
@KitsuFrost Thank you so much! I really wish that more people knew about Jewelpet since it's such an underappreciated franchise that absolutely needs a comeback someday. I hope that Sanrio makes a new season of the Jewelpet anime since I know that there are many people who would love to see the anime return! Seriously, that fact that it's been almost 9 years without Jewelpet has really depressing.
Cybre771Mar 27, 8:51 AM
Mar 27, 8:37 AM

Nov 2017
Angel beats with better explaination and more information about characters. It was feeling very rushed and unexplained to me.

Mar 27, 8:44 AM

May 2013
Claymore
Btooom!
Interspecies Reviewers

Mar 27, 8:48 AM
Mar 2024
Reply to Lincompoop
Claymore
Btooom!
Interspecies Reviewers
@Lincompoop Was legit not expecting Interspecies Reviewers to appear in this thread but okay
Mar 27, 8:56 AM

Mar 2023
Skip Beat really need a second season. I hope when the manga is finished we will get more seasons.
Mar 27, 8:59 AM

Oct 2018
Houseki no Kuni will end in 06/24, it's the perfect moment for it to return.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Mar 27, 9:01 AM

Feb 2019
Spirited away, it would be awsome if Chihiro somehow could go back to the spirit world to explore more and learn more about Haku
Mar 27, 9:06 AM
Mar 2024
I'm surprised that people like you want a sequel to Spirited Away, and in a positive way, considering that the original film already was perfect is. But hey, we can only hope for the better.
Mar 27, 9:16 AM

Aug 2010
This summer will be 10 years since Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun released, and I am still waiting for season 2 since the manga continues to be fun and even more with more new characters - I need to see them animated!

I also want Alice Academy to come back with a sequel, or even better - a remake to completion like what Fruits Basket did.
Mar 27, 9:21 AM

Jun 2019
The MIA dates signify the year when the last season debuted. Some technically ended in a later year if they carried over into the next year or had films, OVA specials, etc. considered part of the series, but I'm going with the debut airing year.

Need:

- Kenpuu Denki Berserk season 2 (MIA since 1997)
- Noragami season 3 (MIA since 2015)
- Usagi Drop season 2 (MIA since 2011)
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya season 3 (MIA since 2009)
- Aku no Hana season 2 (MIA since 2013)
- Kodomo no Jikan season 3 (MIA since 2009)
- Centaur no Nayami season 2 (MIA since 2017)
- Flying Witch season 2 (MIA since 2016)
- Hyouka season 2 (MIA since 2012)
- Hakumei to Mikochi season 2 (MIA since 2018)
- Ikoku Meiro no Croisée the Animation season 2 (MIA since 2011)

Those above would be the most and top priority.

Then a step down in importance yet still desired:

- Beautiful Bones - Sakurako's Investigation season 2 (MIA since 2015)
- Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash season 2 (MIA since 2016)
- Black Lagoon season 3 (MIA since 2006)
- Juuni Kokuki season 2 (MIA since 2002)
- No Game No Life season 2 (MIA since 2014)
- Guin Saga season 2 (MIA since 2009)
- Gakkougurashi! season 2 (MIA since 2015)

And also some newer series which I won't include, because of the time/date qualifier.
WatchTillTandavaMar 27, 9:26 AM
Mar 27, 9:22 AM

Oct 2017
You just brought me back to primary school days by talking about jewelpet !
I'd love to see Magi return since it stopped right before the most interesting arcs began.
Edit : Rokka no yusha would be nice too, since I don't feel like checking the light novel assuming it has one.
ZhenroMar 27, 9:38 AM

Mar 27, 9:32 AM
Dec 2012
Honestly, two anime that I believe really need a comeback are Hyouka and Another. I feel like the few episodes that we got really only established the characters, settings and world just enough to really get us into the show and then bam they ended. I feel like shows like Hyouka would even do well as there is still a community following it.

Another anime I can think of is Space Brothers, they really did cut it off too soon. (Also I just realized these are all 2012 anime. Damn I am old.)
Mar 27, 9:33 AM
Mar 2024
You can thank me for reminding you about Jewelpet. I've got a question, actually! Would you like to see the Jewelpet anime return? I would absolutely love to see the franchise return one day! There's nothing wrong with being an adult who likes Sanrio franchises, by the way.
Mar 27, 9:37 AM

May 2021
Cybre771 said:
It's exactly what it says on the tin. If there's an anime you like that hasn't had a new season in a long time (The minimum amount of years passed since your chosen anime ended has to be at least 5 years!), feel free to talk about how much you would love to see said anime return! It doesn't matter how impossible it may be, as long as you want to see an anime series get brought back, it's fair game!

Anime i'm desperete to see more content (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • Zatch Bell
  • Banana Fish
  • Black Clover
  • Cat's Eye
  • Code Geass (OG timeline)
  • Digimon Frontier
  • Full Metal Panic
  • Hunter x Hunter
  • Noragami
  • Nyan Koi
  • Owari no Seraph
  • Rainbow
  • Promised Neverland
What debating with DigiCat is like according to APolygons2
That's why I thought a discussion would be pointless. It doesn't feel like a debate. It feels like I'm playing chess and somehow lose to an uno reverse card after loosing all my monopoly money lol
Mar 27, 9:39 AM

May 2021
Reply to Shamikont
Spirited away, it would be awsome if Chihiro somehow could go back to the spirit world to explore more and learn more about Haku
@Shamikont Holy shit now i want this to happen so bad 🤯
That's why I thought a discussion would be pointless. It doesn't feel like a debate. It feels like I'm playing chess and somehow lose to an uno reverse card after loosing all my monopoly money lol
Mar 27, 10:19 AM
ranked 54 in FAL
Mar 2018
there are many, but the biggest one for me is for sure 3 gatsu no lion, it has been like 6 years since the last episode of season 2 aired and that is a very depressing fact.
Mar 27, 10:33 AM
Nov 2021
the pet girl of sakura-sou was a nice one but never got a second season
Mar 27, 10:42 AM

Dec 2016
There's a lot of animes that I would like to see return. For now the ones that I can remember are:

1. Ajin
2. Arslan Senki
3. Owari no Seraph
4. Akatsuki no Yona
5. Yuri on Ice
6. Fire Force

I would have written Kuroshitsuji too but I'm so glad that it's returning.
Mar 27, 10:59 AM

Dec 2014
Reply to Daviljoe193
Zarutaku said:
Usagi_Drop (for the lulz)

@Zarutaku MAL will have to go into fucking turbo moderation mode if that happens. 🤣
@Daviljoe193
Ha that would've been something if we got a couple OVA's finishing off Usagi Drop.
Mar 27, 11:06 AM

Aug 2016
If we're talking anime I'd like to see a new season, it would be these:

Sangatsu no Lion
Beast Player Erin
Sora no Woto
Last Exile
Kaiji
Moribito
White Album 2
Girls' Last Tour
Noragami
-RyuMar 27, 12:05 PM
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
Mar 27, 11:06 AM

Jul 2015
I would love to see these return.

Ao ashi
Hajime no ippo
Skip to loafer
Mou ippon!
Drifters
Blood lad
Ace of diamond
Kekkai Sensen
katekyo hitman Reborn!
One outs
Saiyuuki
Soul eater
Undead girl murder farce

Mar 27, 11:12 AM

Dec 2022
Rokka no Yuusha, no question.

I'd also resurrect Takahiro Yamato if I could. We lost him and Kaze no Stigma from the world too early.

Shaded Horizon

Mar 27, 11:17 AM

Dec 2021
- Yona of Dawn
- Baccano
- Zaregoto series/Kubikiri Cycle
- Noragami
- Hyouka
- Beautiful Bones -Sakurako's Investigation
- Haruhi Suzumiya
- Time of Eve
- Arakawa Under the Bridge
- YKK
Mar 27, 11:57 AM
Jan 2021

• Girls Last Tour
  • New Game
  • Interspecies Reviewers
  • No Game No Life
  • Keijo!!!!!!!!
  • Nichijou
  • Kokoro Connect
  • K-On!
  • Lucky Star
Watch Symphogear
Mar 27, 12:31 PM
Apr 2022
-kami nomi
-hyouka
-akatsuki no yona
-yuri on ice
-zombieland saga
-ousama ranking

Mar 27, 1:09 PM

Oct 2017
I'd love to see revivals of some dubs that got cancelled early. Yu-Gi-Oh GX and 5D's are the biggest examples of cancelled dubs I'd love to see finished as I am genuinely curious to see what changes would have been made in the final seasons from Japan that were left undubbed. I'd genuinely be curious to see how duels like Jaden vs. Yugi and Z-One vs Yusei would have been handled, and how all the new characters would have been renamed by 4Kids. I have a soft spot for the Yu-Gi-Oh dubs in spite of them being inferior to the original Japanese storytelling, so it just feels disappointing to have 2 of the best Yu-Gi-Oh series have their dubbed versions left incomplete. The likelihood of Konami Cross Media going back and dubbing these missing episodes is very slim as it'd just be a lot of effort and money for something only hardcore Yu-Gi-Oh fans would probably want to go out of their way to see.

This one is pretty much a guaranteed I think, but I want to see more animated Jojo. Steel Ball Run is so good, and I really am excited for the potential that an animated adaptation can have with so many great moments to draw from. I hope the release schedule doesn't get messed up like with Stone Ocean though.

I remember enjoying Citrus when I was younger but idk how much it'd hold up now for me. I do remember wanting a secodn season that will never come when i was a teenager
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
Mar 27, 1:20 PM

May 2021
Reply to LSSJ_Gaming
I'd love to see revivals of some dubs that got cancelled early. Yu-Gi-Oh GX and 5D's are the biggest examples of cancelled dubs I'd love to see finished as I am genuinely curious to see what changes would have been made in the final seasons from Japan that were left undubbed. I'd genuinely be curious to see how duels like Jaden vs. Yugi and Z-One vs Yusei would have been handled, and how all the new characters would have been renamed by 4Kids. I have a soft spot for the Yu-Gi-Oh dubs in spite of them being inferior to the original Japanese storytelling, so it just feels disappointing to have 2 of the best Yu-Gi-Oh series have their dubbed versions left incomplete. The likelihood of Konami Cross Media going back and dubbing these missing episodes is very slim as it'd just be a lot of effort and money for something only hardcore Yu-Gi-Oh fans would probably want to go out of their way to see.

This one is pretty much a guaranteed I think, but I want to see more animated Jojo. Steel Ball Run is so good, and I really am excited for the potential that an animated adaptation can have with so many great moments to draw from. I hope the release schedule doesn't get messed up like with Stone Ocean though.

I remember enjoying Citrus when I was younger but idk how much it'd hold up now for me. I do remember wanting a secodn season that will never come when i was a teenager
@LSSJ_Gaming Agreed, Yu-Gi-Oh GX is actually one of my fav anime eng dubs, despite the script being infirior, the VAs did an impeccable job

Zatch Bell is also one where the eng dub got cut off before the last part of the series, so there's anothe small hope added to the already hope the anime gets a continuation and adapts the whole manga T^T
Mar 27, 1:32 PM
Oct 2006
All I want is more Haruhi. The material is there. Probably never going to happen thanks to endless eight.
Mar 27, 1:34 PM
Mar 2024
Looks like this thread is going pretty good! In that case, I'll just ask you all a question.

Would any of you like to see the Jewelpet anime return? (More details in the first post) I'm not trying to beg for attention, it's just that it didn't deserve to end, and that a new entry in the anime series could easily bring in some new fans. Besides, Sanrio still acknowledges the franchise's existence and they've stated that the anime is on a hiatus, implying that they still have plans for future entries in the Jewelpet anime series, it's just that there aren't enough people talking about the anime series. My goal so far is to get more people to know about the existence of the anime series, so that Sanrio could seek enough interest in continuing the Jewelpet anime series!

If you're interested, be sure to send me a friend request, and be sure to make posts on social media and to get people to know about how much you would love to see the Jewelpet anime return. Thanks!
Mar 27, 5:08 PM

Aug 2020
MOST wanted:

Akagami no Shirayuki-hime
DtB
Girls' Last Tour
Nana
Kaiji
One Outs

Lesser wanted:

Beck
Hyouka
Magic Kaito
The Big O
YKK
Youjo Senki
Mar 27, 5:58 PM

Jun 2020
I desperately need a second season of Amagi Brilliant Park and knowing that it never gonna happen kills me
Mar 27, 6:02 PM

Apr 2020
remakes to shoujo would be nice like gakuen alice. I also would love to see another season of chihayafuru. Manga got super good!! honarable mention is kono oto tomare since its similar
Mar 27, 6:12 PM

Jun 2019
TRC_Randy said:
Youjo Senki

Youjo Senki has already had a second season publicly announced for quite some time now. It's just possibly in production limbo or production hell with a forever-indeterminate TBA of a future airdate.
Mar 27, 7:07 PM

Dec 2012
There's a ton really:

"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Mar 27, 7:17 PM
Jan 2020
noragamiiiiiiiiiiiiii so much 😭 I'm still sort of holding out a hope for another season since the manga wrapped pretty recently I think....one can dream
Mar 27, 7:48 PM

Mar 2023
Sangatsu No Lion: The next arc in the manga is so good I have to see it adapted.

Girls' last tour
Its a crime not to adapt the ending.

Nichijou

Kino's journey

“Since when was this world so beautiful?” ~Yuuri (girl's last tour)
Mar 27, 7:51 PM

Jul 2017
Full Metal Panic getting one more season to wrap up the series once and for all, Silver Spoon and Baby Steps. Those are the ones that stick out to me the most that I dream for a new season at some point in my lifetime but improbable of ever happening.
Mar 27, 8:35 PM

Aug 2020
Asobi Asobase
Beck
D-Frag!
Girls' Last Tour
Houseki no Kuni (manga is ending next month, so perhaps there's a chance of an anime sequel adaptation[I hope])
Nichijou
Mar 27, 8:59 PM

Jan 2021
It would be really nice to see Owari no Seraph get a 3rd season. The second season ended on a cliffhanger which led to many fans wanting to see more. There is no official update about it being produced after such a long time despite it's popularity. There has been rumours that the 3rd season will be announced this year though but I'm keeping expectations low.
Mar 27, 9:50 PM

Aug 2009
I would be so excited if they re-did Pandora Hearts.

The soundtrack was great in the anime and so was the voice acting, but there is so much amazing meat to the Manga.

They did The Case Study of Vanitas recently [By the same Mangaka] and it was wonderfully adapted. I hope they get around to redoing this one.
Mar 27, 11:17 PM

Jun 2020
Promised Neverland, it never did get its Season 2.

"Don't let your memes be dreams."- Ancient Japanese proverb, probably
Mar 27, 11:32 PM

Aug 2009
Reply to Technopunk
Promised Neverland, it never did get its Season 2.
@Technopunk Actually it did get a season 2: https://myanimelist.net/anime/39617/Yakusoku_no_Neverland_2nd_Season
Mar 28, 12:54 AM

Aug 2023
For a Brotherhood treatment, Pandora Hearts. While I haven't actually watched the whole thing yet, I've seen some non-spoiler clips where it cuts off the pacing the manga has and I can definitely tell that it doesn't hold up as much. I know it's cheating to mention something I haven't seen but knowing the clips I saw, especially as a big fan of the manga, I personally couldn't help it.

For a sequel, Bloom Into You. People say that the anime's ending was off and while I must admit that the way the show ended could be a little better, there's still hope involved. 13 episodes of the anime covered the first 22-23 chapters extremely well so a second season should be just as amazing. I also want to see Sayaka's spin-off to be adapted.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase? ( 1 2 )

Catalano - Apr 25

51 by luckyrune »»
7 minutes ago

» Is there an anime character who looks like you in real life?

Alpha_1_Zero - 10 hours ago

22 by Spunkert »»
15 minutes ago

» What anime brought you to watch more anime? :)

Rinrinka - Yesterday

27 by Prupel1 »»
18 minutes ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand.

Alpha_1_Zero - 6 hours ago

9 by Catalano »»
23 minutes ago

Poll: » Have y'all seen Rainbow?

MillerEvans23 - 2 hours ago

7 by Jonas-K »»
27 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.