Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 26, 1:32 PM

Mar 2008
Amityblight said:
@traed Your first statement is beyond stupid. We are not cave men.

The point is how things arose in the first place is from what easily could be a genetic predisposition that arose over time. The only question is how common it is and how strong an effect genes play a role. I didn't say that a person is inherently incapable of having how they feel influenced in other ways that may counter this if present.
Mar 26, 1:33 PM

Aug 2021
5/10 or something ig right in the middle
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 26, 2:05 PM

Mar 2008
PeripheralVision said:
Maybe it is just a sort of apathy to your own scintillating beauty mixed with the fact you just don't like looking at yourself in a mirror. From what you said, it is not so much "I am hideous" as much as "I do not like eating apples because I hate the texture of it in my mouth", making it more of a sensory thing if anything. I personally think it is okay if you feel you are not attractive as long as you do not obsess over it or anything, and besides...

I'd be so intimidated if you were beautiful too, Traed-chan.

No, that's not it. I remember at least when I was like 13 I'd look at my reflection a lot fixing up my hair or something and like what I see so I don't think it is simply apathy.

Cneq said:
I'd say my body in terms of being feminine is a 8/10 easily. Face wise everyone compliments how young I look despite being 25 but not sure what I'd rate my face, all I know is my body.

What are you doing to have an 8 out of 10 feminine body as a guy?

Won't be looking young long unless you're using sunscreen over there lol Though I heard Australian sunscreen is one of the best in effectiveness.
Mar 26, 3:17 PM
Jul 2023
idk 5/10 I'd say im pretty average looking
Mar 26, 6:52 PM

Mar 2013
Reply to Amityblight
@PeripheralVision

Aren't assumption and thoughts one of the same? The thing is speaking for myself I never had thoughts or assumption like that. I never thought if someone look good they had good attributes.

I don't know you but I don't think you those things. People here who call me those things I find it hilarious (Jewish Lesbian who only friends are people color). Racism, Sexism, misogyny are action not words to me. Once again I never treated anyone different based on those things. You didn't attend it that that's how they took it.

@traed Your first statement is beyond stupid. We are not cave men.

I am aware of your second statement.

forgot answer question I'll say this. I like way I look I don't care if some people don't. I think I am cool looking.
Amityblight said:
Aren't assumption and thoughts one of the same? The thing is speaking for myself I never had thoughts or assumption like that. I never thought if someone look good they had good attributes.

I don't know you but I don't think you those things. People here who call me those things I find it hilarious (Jewish Lesbian who only friends are people color). Racism, Sexism, misogyny are action not words to me. Once again I never treated anyone different based on those things. You didn't attend it that that's how they took it.

The thing is that we often fail to notice how we may treat people differently in the same situations based of external characteristics. Are we more likely to be wary of a black man or a white man? A black man weighing 250 lbs across the parking garage or a young Asian woman? Are we more likely to smile to or address strangers in ways that may not universally apply? Are we more likely to make negative assumptions about someone or give them the benefit of the doubt? What about people with disabilities? Are we more likely to view people in wheelchairs with far more pity than what is warranted? Assume our black colleagues are bullish or less capable?

Biases and such do not necessarily have to engage with conscious thoughts such as "well, this person is black and is more likely to be a thief", but is implied to exist based on more of a general difference in how we as a society can and often do treat different groups of people differently.

Maybe it is because I am a minority and an American, and many Americans have to deal with this sort of shit when it comes to racial lines and our sex and gender identity. For example, one of the biggest issue is healthcare, where black children are far, far more likely to be reported to child protective services despite having similar injuries to their Caucasian and Asian counterparts.

This is not because all doctors knowingly think that blacks are more inherently violent towards their children (Which is unfounded, if I recall correctly), and I can honestly believe most doctors aren't outright dropping the n-word every five sentences. Yet, due to how society has conditioned society to view poverty and see it as tantamount to neglect, how our media has influenced the perception of minorities, there is a general rule of thumb that people of certain ethnicities, skin colors, genders, and sex identities are treated much more harshly/differently. People who share one trait, such as race, in a particular situation, such as visiting the ER for their child's injuries, may fit into predetermine schemas (Really just stereotypes) that have instilled into us by our culture.

This type of bigotry is not reached by effortful bigoted thoughts, but by a lack of self-awareness. A lack of thought in how we default to our treatment of individuals outside of some egregious case of mistreatment. It is akin to driving and muscle memories. Does anyone really think about the individual drive or walk or bus ride home, from turning left to stepping on the right station? Personally I don't give much conscious thought to the extent that I "remember" it. I don't believe Asian men and black women perform the worst in interracial dating simply due to some evolutionary or racial essentialism bullshit, but from contemporary and historical patterns of discrimination, nor do I believe every woman or man hates Asian men. That's stupid.

If you do not treat people differently on the basis of their outward appearance including race, it is probably because you actually thought about your day to day interactions to a far greater extent than most people would be accustomed to.

I am not saying you are necessarily guilty of this, just to be clear, but one does not have to be extraordinarily shallow in order to fall prey to our own biases. I likely would treat women and people of other minorities differently if I did not put in a conscious effort to be conscientious about how I come across to others.
Mar 26, 11:39 PM
ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Aug 2014
With the pigeon mask, undoubtedly so.
Mar 27, 5:12 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Reply to Nyarly-Kanamin
@Rinrinka

You sound like Ayanokouji with that ordinary talk. You totally look like a super model don't you...

OT: At my best my looks are pretty solid, but looks alone doesn't mean i'm attractive. A former classmate once told me about her first impression of me, she said i had the expression of someone stupid.
Nyarly-Kanamin said:
@Rinrinka
You sound like Ayanokouji with that ordinary talk. You totally look like a super model don't you...

@Nyarly-Kanamin

Hehe no , I do look ordinary, nothing special ^.^

ISeeLifePeople said:
@Rinrinka mattaku nee rinchan, dou shita kimi wa omotta no ka ? Sarani sonna koto muri da nee rinka chan datte sa, kimi wa hontouni utsukushii ya biji onna yoou dakara, motto tsuyoku jibun wo shinjitte naritai imasu ne rinka chan

@ISeeLifePeople
Watashi wa futsuu onna,, hontouni....

But thanks for the encouragement, I appreciate it ^.^

mezasli3 said:
@Rinrinka after looking at ur selfie on ur profile i say u re 10/10, u re def attractive

Y-You didn't need to see that >.<
but thanks, I appreciate it~

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Mar 27, 5:30 AM

Aug 2012
I put myself between either 4 or 5. Strangely enough, others put me above 8.
Mar 27, 10:39 AM
危ないお兄さん

Nov 2016
Reply to Rinenka
I dont know

I have a psycho stare %100 of the time which make me looks suspicious and I am extremely introverted so girls dont approach to me

@Rinenka maybe due to ur night owler so thats why op think ur eyes like physco ones ig lollll

@Rinrinka futsu onna 普通女 ? Dareka kimi wo itta no wa ne rinchan ? Oshiete kure yo nazenara sono hito wa kanarazu zettai ni buttobasu da lmaoooo

Mar 28, 5:35 AM
Jun 2020
Reply to Rinrinka
Nyarly-Kanamin said:
@Rinrinka

@Nyarly-Kanamin

Hehe no , I do look ordinary, nothing special ^.^

ISeeLifePeople said:
@Rinrinka mattaku nee rinchan, dou shita kimi wa omotta no ka ? Sarani sonna koto muri da nee rinka chan datte sa, kimi wa hontouni utsukushii ya biji onna yoou dakara, motto tsuyoku jibun wo shinjitte naritai imasu ne rinka chan

@ISeeLifePeople
Watashi wa futsuu onna,, hontouni....

But thanks for the encouragement, I appreciate it ^.^

mezasli3 said:
@Rinrinka after looking at ur selfie on ur profile i say u re 10/10, u re def attractive

Y-You didn't need to see that >.<
but thanks, I appreciate it~

@Rinrinka sry i had 2 be honest esp after seeing ur cute selfie in ur prfile
youre welcome
Mar 28, 6:18 AM

Jun 2023
Overall, I'm probably average. I'm 6'4", and not fat, but that's pretty much all I have going for me, physically.
Mar 28, 7:18 AM
Review Moderator
Life is strange.

Jun 2017
0. I'm sadly too ugly to be even considered to be in such a scale.
Mar 29, 5:24 AM

Jun 2020
Reply to Rinrinka
I wonder,
I'm bad at assessing something about myself, especially about appearance.

I guess I'm 5/10 since I think I just look ordinary~

@Rinrinka Just by lookin at your avatar and the selfies in your profile you re totally not mid, girlie you are 10 out of 10 have a little more confidence lady

bout myself Ive got some girls said I look good so at least 7 out of 10
Mar 29, 8:24 AM

Jul 2013
Does it matter how attractive I am irl, given that this is just an Internet forum?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you pay attention to forum signatures?

PostMahouShoujo - Apr 24

22 by UncreatedSong »»
13 minutes ago

» Manga piracy website operator ordered to pay ¥1.7 billion to publishers

Meusnier - Apr 19

27 by Astachanna »»
34 minutes ago

Poll: » What is your average step count? [Poll] Do you think that you should take more steps?

Miscanthus - 8 hours ago

15 by RyuRabbit »»
55 minutes ago

» Is English your native language? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

73 by 707supremacist »»
2 hours ago

» Plushies

_Nette_ - Apr 25

19 by Deyuko »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.