Forum Settings
Forums
New
Are you happy?
Mar 23, 4:42 AM

Jun 2019

https://worldhappiness.report/ed/2024/happiness-of-the-younger-the-older-and-those-in-between/

Are you happy about the ranking of your country? Do you think that it is a good representation of reality? And more importantly, are you happy?

I feel that people in my country are never happy about anything, but objectively speaking, its ranking seems about right. I personally do not worry much about happiness since I follow Albertine's method to forgot about this fundamental issue by devoting all my attention to work.
Mar 23, 5:00 AM

Sep 2016
Don't know, would say I'm neither happy nor unhappy. My deepest condolences to the Afghans, I'd probably end myself if I had to live there.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Mar 23, 5:26 AM

Feb 2020
Well, my country (Finland) is usually at the top of these lists.

"Are you happy?"

Umm, yes and no.
Mar 23, 5:53 AM

Nov 2019
Damn Not bad The lower rated countries are basically predictable, but the more "advanced" countries are more happier dont know about china tho lol.
I am a COMPLETIONIST. Aiming to finish AS MANY ANIME as possible before DEATH, Despite them being SATISFACTORY or if they are BORING.

I WATCH THE LOWEST SCORED/RATED/RANKED ANIMES ON MAL (OR you can CALL THEM The WORST animes in the WORLD - No Joke Like Seriously)

No anime has actually satisfied my anime taste, That I can call a MasterPiece (10/10), still searching... hopefully one day I will find that show and obsess over it till I die.
RULE NO.4 I MUST WATCH ALL CONTENT FOR THE SERIES I HAVE FINISHED, NOW THIS ONE IS QUITE EXHILARATING.
Mar 23, 6:41 AM

Dec 2015

Well according to memes no one here is happy.

Am I personally? I am neutral, if something good happens than I am temporarely happy, opposite if something bad than I would be sad. There isn't a thing which would make me feel Happy all the time, it would be so weird and I ain't gonna fake emotions.

Oh and obviously I always smile in Polish

ZettaikenMar 23, 6:46 AM
Mar 23, 6:45 AM

Jan 2009
the philippines rank 53 there i guess we are mid or average with this stuff
Mar 23, 7:22 AM

Mar 2020
Israel being number 5 is bullshit. They clearly did not include Palestine and West Bank.
💀😭😂🙏
Mar 23, 8:37 AM
Dec 2022
There are more important things than happiness.
Mar 23, 3:22 PM

Aug 2012
Mexico is full of depression outside of the rich neighborhood and the Capital. Gtfo.
Mar 23, 4:23 PM

Feb 2020
#20 I think is a little surprising for my country, as everyone always whines about how it's a "nanny state" and bans everything.
But fortunately I don't need man-eating dogs or disposable vapes to have fun in my country, as we have plenty of trains, which I love dearly ❤️
Mar 23, 4:54 PM

Feb 2020
Wait where's Bhutan?! so much for gross national happiness 😂

@Kei_XI Palestine is #103
Mar 23, 5:14 PM

Oct 2023
Happiness is not a metric that should be used to indicate goodness.

I really don't care about the ranking, and I don't know if I'm happy.
Mar 23, 5:24 PM

Nov 2019
Reply to PlasticRobot

@PlasticRobot lol tell that to Jeremy Bentham and John Staurt Mill, the Utilitarinist be like fuck you lol.
I am a COMPLETIONIST. Aiming to finish AS MANY ANIME as possible before DEATH, Despite them being SATISFACTORY or if they are BORING.

I WATCH THE LOWEST SCORED/RATED/RANKED ANIMES ON MAL (OR you can CALL THEM The WORST animes in the WORLD - No Joke Like Seriously)

No anime has actually satisfied my anime taste, That I can call a MasterPiece (10/10), still searching... hopefully one day I will find that show and obsess over it till I die.
RULE NO.4 I MUST WATCH ALL CONTENT FOR THE SERIES I HAVE FINISHED, NOW THIS ONE IS QUITE EXHILARATING.
Mar 23, 5:33 PM

Aug 2023
The United States falling out of the top 20 for the first time ever? I'm not surprised
Mar 23, 8:47 PM

Dec 2016
United States

Happiest: Old

Least happy: Lower Middle

Skynet plz do something about this.

Mar 23, 10:16 PM
Nov 2019
The fact that countries currently engaged in wars, facing dire economic conditions or highly unstable political environment are much higher than the one where I currently live is enough evidence that these and other such similar reports/indices are as trash as one can make them.

I fluctuate between being happy and morose depending on my day, but overall I would lean towards the former.
Mar 25, 6:32 AM

Jan 2023
Hahahaha, Israel at number five. What a joke.
Mar 25, 8:44 AM

Feb 2016
Reply to PlasticRobot

@PlasticRobot Agreed. What a useless and deplorable idea, even if just a stupid conversation starter.

I'm neither perennially happy nor sad, and I think that's how things should be.
Mar 25, 8:46 AM

Jan 2009
nordic countries always rank firsts on this so yes the social capitalism aka nordic model works
Mar 25, 11:14 PM

Sep 2018
US above Germany? Do they interview any poor people?
Mar 26, 12:19 AM

May 2013
Reply to QPR
US above Germany? Do they interview any poor people?
@QPR

Nothing can stop the indelible human spirit in the face of adversity, finding happiness regardless of social status. The beauty of human strength.

Skill issue.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Mar 26, 3:27 AM

Jun 2020
This ranking is utter nonsense. Certain countries (some who are "countries" in quotation marks) are so high up and yet they have people leaving them in droves cause of lack of economic and living opportunities, not to mention some currently in armed conflicts, or are politically a mess.

"Don't let your memes be dreams."- Ancient Japanese proverb, probably
Mar 26, 12:44 PM

Dec 2015
I'd say it's true. Since the country I live in, people behave eachother toxic as they're in a Russian ESEA CS server, some battle-royale game or dungeon parties of some WoW private server that allows players every insult.

You can get killed by some maniac just because you honk the horn on traffic or be subjected to mobbing in a job that pays you lesser than 300$ a month.
If you like sports, then some president of football club that did match-fixing (Had banned from UEFA competitions for 2 years 'cuz of that) 10 years ago can accuse other teams as match-fixer and their fans as terrorist and make people hate each other just like in early 80's English League (Before Thatcher).
Never wanna talk about politics as you can guess how it is.
Since the economy of the country got worse and we literally gave half of the country (maybe even more) to immigrants everything went bad.
Everything is changed. Mainly people of the country, maybe economic crisis has show their real faces.
I remember my dad was saying when we saw India on TV "Income distribution inequality is very high". Now we're in that situation.
I was a certified NEET (=D) for nearly four years and was living in some small seaside town. Two years ago I moved to city and I was shocked about what I saw.

I can't talk football even with my friends because of this man-made hatred that rich people did. How people could have been happy in here?
It feels like you didn't lost your home but lost everyone that you love inside that house. It feels like haunted place now and there is no solution.

I wrote the truth now and they knew which country it is, probably they will try to argue with me 'cuz in here we don't like the people that say the truth.
Even we have a proverb:
"They expel anyone who tells the truth from nine villages."

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you pay attention to forum signatures?

PostMahouShoujo - Apr 24

21 by Taiyaa »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » What is your average step count? [Poll] Do you think that you should take more steps?

Miscanthus - 5 hours ago

10 by BitChilly »»
12 minutes ago

» Who is the most perverted person you irl ?

Thy-Veseveia - 11 hours ago

9 by tsukareru »»
59 minutes ago

» What do you need cash for in your everyday life?

MeanMrMusician - Apr 21

39 by ProGoddess »»
2 hours ago

» Manga piracy website operator ordered to pay ¥1.7 billion to publishers

Meusnier - Apr 19

25 by KitsuFrost »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.