Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 23, 7:59 AM
Jul 2019
Reply to Stark700
It was a fine episode, obviously not the main story's ending as it adapts around chapter 50ish+

However, I believe this episode did a solid at capturing the on-screen chemistry between Fuuko and Andy. I mean, even in this finale, we can see it through after all the battles they've had. One of the more unique anime imo this season. The tease at the end too...feels like this will inevitably get another season.
@Stark700 No doubt this will get another season but after how many years?. Look at what happen to Dorohedoro after 4-5 yrs we get a season 2. Also, who knows if david productions will animate the season. It will either some c tier anime studio to take over.
Mar 23, 8:28 AM

Sep 2017
I wasn't in love with this show by any means, but I have to admit it was very creative (both in power systems + plot) and overall was an enjoyable experience. Really feels like a rule of cool show. Will definitely check out a season 2 if there is one.
Mar 23, 8:57 AM

May 2023
great series I enjoyed it alot. Hope for a second season in the future
Mar 23, 9:01 AM

Jul 2016
And thus, Anno Un returned to the higher plane where he can't be seen nor perceived at all... or at least that's what I understood. Wonder if Fuuko will be able to get the Pen fixed now that she owns it.

Not gonna lie, last handful of episodes did wonders to the show's overall narrative. Anno Un's character and backstory were truly fascinating and the way how everything related to him was connected to the very first episodes left me feeling quite impressed. You can tell author put a lot of thought while writing this.

All in all and atrocious pacing issues aside, I gotta say this ended up being a rather entertaining show. Nothing too remarkable at first but things sure got more interesting the more episodes went by. Both Fuuko and Andy were nice leads, story felt really unique for moments, most plot twists were intriguing enough and production values remained strong from beginning to end. As expected from David Production.

7,5/10 -> 8/10 - Wouldn't mind a second season someday.
Mar 23, 9:35 AM
Mar 2015
And that is the end of autumn
Mar 23, 2:40 PM

Jun 2023
Reply to TheToad
Was I the only one who didn't realize Anno was a dude until this episode?
@TheToad heheh you're not alone bruh
Mar 23, 2:44 PM

Jun 2023
It's been a fun ride~!!!
I like they're working together..
MVP Anno Un..
2nd season please come asap..
Mar 23, 3:18 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
great last episode to closed the season, with action, bye-bye spider and tear with the disappearance of unknown!!!

season with ups and downs, but entertaining

6/10

kekeke
Mar 23, 3:30 PM

Feb 2020
And we reach the end of Undead Unluck

I found some parts of the story confusing, but it was fun to watch.
Mar 23, 9:17 PM
Sep 2023
undead!!! unluck!!!
Mar 24, 3:40 AM

Feb 2014
We didn't know Anno for long, but he played such an excellent role in this arc in helping out in anyway that he can, even going as far as to sacrifice himself to help Rip speed up his age back to normal. Thanks to this, Fuko, Andy, Rip, Latla and Bunny all worked together again UMA Autumn's Phase Two and came out on top in the end. =)

While he refuses to work together, the parting scene with Rip's team saying their goodbyes to Andy and Fuko was somewhat wholesome and nice. Enemies, they might be, but I do respect Rip for showing his regards to Andy and Fuko's assistance during this battle.

I'm also not surprised that the final seconds of the episodes showed a tease of Billy and Juiz meeting together in a blizzard before the end credits cuts in. It makes me wish for a second season right away!

Overall, Undead Unluck was a fun experience over the last 6 months. While it overdid it with the recaps in most episodes, I do forgive it as it gave me plenty of entertainment and solid character development. The production values from David Production was also very good as well, which adds to the overall satisfaction.

8/10 will be my final score for this series.
Mar 24, 4:30 AM

Feb 2016
I was not expecting Undead Unluck to be this good when I first added it to my list. I went into this without prior knowledge of its manga's existence. I expected it to be another forgettable seasonal, but this is one of the most enjoyable shows I've seen in a long time. Great fight scenes, a great cast including side characters, and it knows how to balance the comedic and serious moments.

As for the episode, I liked how they gave the side characters more shine than Andy and Fuko, considering the past couple of episodes was like a training arc for them to get stronger. Even so, they wouldn't have won with the help of Under and Anno.

Solid anime overall and I give it a 9/10, hoping for a season two
Mar 24, 11:54 AM
May 2023
Very good final episode, so Anno Un was a copy of Unknown who ended up sacrificing himself to help achieve victory against Autumn, although it's not exactly clear to me if he died as such or simply when the artifact was destroyed he was trapped in that parallel world. ..I don't know which of the two is sadder
I like that of without saying and showing much, the anime tells you almost everything...
I think they were both twins and (this is my interpretation) possibly in some kind of accident where they were both involved, maybe Latla did something unintentionally, but since she has her ability that nothing can touch her, she was unharmed but her sister was not (this would explain his guilt)
Rip would be the doctor who was especially dedicated to her (that's why it affected her so much, they formed a stronger bond than normal) and the day she needed an operation/surgery, possibly her ability was activated or she discovered it at that moment and unfortunately the hard way (this would explain his fault)

Now I understand Rip and Latla's reason for getting that artifact Ark, that's why he can't be a hero but has to be the villain... interesting
Still, he's still a son of a... but I understand him more.

PS: The place where Juiz and Billy were, maybe it's Ragnarok or it's just a place that's snowing haha

Very good anime, despite some mistakes here and there... I enjoyed it, I hope for another season although I don't know if it went that well
Mar 24, 12:11 PM

Apr 2015
I think it was really good solid 8/10.

The plot was a little all over the place in the last episodes, but i like Fuuko manga from episode 1 was that important part of the plot lol
Mar 24, 12:56 PM

Jan 2011
it had good visuals an some fun characters, its story isnt interesting an its action scenes werent partcularly good despite being well animated, it did had some funny moments though

6/10
Mar 24, 1:17 PM

Jan 2021
Admittedly I like the idea of a mangaka character that knows the entire future and past. His backstory was really moving even if it was just another tragic backstory. This episode was good only thing I didn't like was the recap for the episode right before it in the middle of the last episode of season 1. Seriously did we really need a recap of a backstory of a character that we just got. I really like the team working together. Unironically they have every covered from offense to defense the 5 of them are such a power team.

Overall this series is a 6/10. Ngl it kinda takes a dip in quality and the story gets over convoluted for my taste. What really kills this adaptation is the constant flashbacks and recaps, combine that with the OP and ED and we have barely any time for the story. Its very obvious they want to end an episode at a certain point because that's when they'll dig up a flashback so the story can just come to a halt. Its so frustrating to watch. I just get skipping over that crap. I'm getting really into the series and boom, exposition dump on shit you already no. Bad fucking storytelling.
Mar 24, 1:29 PM

Apr 2015
This was a good first season, Hopefully we get a second season announcement soon because as a manga reader I can tell you that it only gets better from here!
Mar 24, 7:47 PM
Jan 2024
Simplesmente incrível! Ouvi que o mangá não é tão legal, mas com certeza o anime é MARAVILHOSO! Que bom que foi adaptado e que venha a segunda temporada!!
Mar 24, 9:35 PM
Nov 2023
(self note)
Autumn arc was beautifully wrapped up, and the show presenting the title of episode 24 at the end really did it for me.

Undead Unluck has awesome fight scenes, and there are many beautiful stories behind each character. It might not be the best anime of the season (esp since there are goated shows out rn), but it has its intimate gut-punching scenes and episode 24's storytelling was particularly heartfelt.

Ultimately, Undead Unluck holds a special place in my heart because I got to meet the author and Fuuko's VA at Anime NYC in 2023. Super thankful to my friend for bringing me to it!
Mar 25, 8:16 AM
Feb 2021
im just confused man but whatever
Mar 25, 10:28 AM

Mar 2008
Well damn Anno Un is dead but Akira his original is still alive but he also looked like he was aged some too though not clear how much and he is unable to interact again though at least he is less alone since Andy and others acknowledged his existence.

This show felt like it could have great but also got really boring with excess recaps and some pacing issues at times just felt drawn out a lot longer than needed. How far would it have adapted if it didnt do that? Id watch a second season but i dont know it will get one so maybe id the manga but depends if it gets repetative. Really difficult to rate because it is all over the place.
Mar 25, 12:20 PM
Jun 2021
I loved watching Undead Unluck, I like the story, i like the characters and i like the fights. Even with all the problems with the pacing and the recaps i still really loved it. It has become one of my new gen favorite shonens and an unpopular opinion, i like it more than JJK. I will eventually read the manga because i don't think we are getting another season anytime soon.
Mar 25, 8:51 PM
Des31

Oct 2020
These unlucky and undead things feel kind of forced story to combine, hard to explain but something feels off for me I'm not saying that this is bad either and it's not that good enough hmm so so 7/10
Mar 26, 1:43 AM

May 2015
It was a good series with very creative powers and usage of their abilities. Their activation being tied to the worst possible moment for them to appear and the lengths our cast goes to in spite of their tragic backstories is truly awesome. Andy and Fuuko made quite the pair!

8/10 in my book.
Mar 26, 1:42 PM

May 2019
While this final episode was pretty good and concluded the autumn arc it left the story wide open as there is still much to do such as going after the remaining 3 UMA seasons.

The series as a whole was a good watch with a strong start and end but somewhere in the middle the story dragged a bit. Moreover, the needlessly long recaps, which were toned down towards the end, took time away from what could've been further progression of the storyline. I would watch a 2nd season if one is ever made. 7/10
Mar 27, 9:28 AM
Jun 2022
Great story, interesting characters.
Mar 27, 4:54 PM

Feb 2011
this show was alright.. but why in gods name was the last episode 70% recap of the previous episode?

Like.. damn, wasted potential.

Mar 28, 8:41 AM
Apr 2023
underrated anime of this season
Mar 28, 8:44 AM
Dec 2022
TOOOOO UNDERRATED
Mar 29, 5:21 AM
Oct 2020
empolgante até o final.
Mar 29, 3:48 PM

May 2015
Anno Un's story was very good, sad for his death.

Pretty enjoyable show, manga fans says it has some adaptation problem so maybe I need to read it now.
Mar 29, 5:42 PM
May 2023
Simplesmente incrível, o Akira Kuno se sacrificando pelos heróis dele, o passado do Rip, a luta contra o Autumn, o desfecho com o Billy aparecendo e a revelação que se passarão 10 anos nas memórias do Andy. Perfeito, que direção de episódio meus amigos e a animação bem fluida. Queria destacar como o Unknown sofreu e como conseguiram demonstrar toda a luta solitária que ele teve. Chorei, que venha a 2 temporada, DIA 1 DE AGOSTO, LEMBREM-SE.
Mar 30, 1:13 PM
Dec 2020
I just love unknown's character
Apr 1, 3:46 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Anno Un's final sacrifice to enable Rip and give him back his adult body was great, too bad they even did that kind of recap during the fight, it wasn't necessary IMO, anyway that's a decent ending for something that is still continuing but I don't have hopes for S2 sadly, really good anime regarding the story and animation but sadly the potential wasn't totally exploited because of the pacing
Apr 1, 1:43 PM

Nov 2014
I really hoped for S2 announcement in last episode. It will be a damn shame if that's where adaptation ends.
Apr 1, 9:57 PM

Aug 2018
Solid 8 out of 10. Undead Unluck > Jujutsu Kaisen and Demon Slayer tbh

The recaps were a little obnoxious and the pacing felt off at times as well, but unlike Jujutsu Kaisen and Demon Slayer this legit has got to be one of the most unique, fresh, and well thought out shonen in years in regard to characters, story, and world building. I haven't been this interested or invested in a new gen shonen since My Hero Academia or Black Clover years back. It's sad and tragic it doesn't have anywhere near as much popularity or recognition as the other two tho (JJK/Demon Slayer), but that's what happens when you're locked into one streaming service and the anime isn't gassed up with animation studios like Ufotable or Mappa to cater to a mainstream audience 😔

Still, I was very impressed with Undead Unluck. If it's true what manga readers have implied and the story only keeps on going places, this could very well be the best shonen in a decade and more. It would be known as the bona fide new gen shonen, and I'm not even stretching here
Apr 3, 5:29 PM
Jul 2008
Reply to PurpleMagic
Admittedly I like the idea of a mangaka character that knows the entire future and past. His backstory was really moving even if it was just another tragic backstory. This episode was good only thing I didn't like was the recap for the episode right before it in the middle of the last episode of season 1. Seriously did we really need a recap of a backstory of a character that we just got. I really like the team working together. Unironically they have every covered from offense to defense the 5 of them are such a power team.

Overall this series is a 6/10. Ngl it kinda takes a dip in quality and the story gets over convoluted for my taste. What really kills this adaptation is the constant flashbacks and recaps, combine that with the OP and ED and we have barely any time for the story. Its very obvious they want to end an episode at a certain point because that's when they'll dig up a flashback so the story can just come to a halt. Its so frustrating to watch. I just get skipping over that crap. I'm getting really into the series and boom, exposition dump on shit you already no. Bad fucking storytelling.
@PurpleMagic This is the first anime I know that insert a lot of recaps lol. In the middle of the series seems like the director found out they got more time alotted for the available story
Apr 3, 8:39 PM
Jan 2023
Kinda scuffed to put the op near the end of the ep but ok ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 7, 11:00 PM
Nov 2020
excited for next szn
Apr 9, 9:28 AM

Jan 2024
That was sick, wicked sick. 8/10. Interessting anime and story to me. Unfortunately it had to end at some point.
Apr 9, 10:53 AM
Dec 2023
manga is better but anime did its best
Apr 13, 9:17 PM
Jan 2009
I don't understand why everyone in this thread is acting like Akira is dead. The blonde version of him isn't the real him.

The big sacrifice would seem to be that, with the G.Pen broken, he's now back to being unable to interact with anyone except via manga. However, I think it's pretty significant that they collected the broken pen at the end. I doubt it will stay broken.
amf85Apr 13, 10:28 PM
Apr 14, 6:59 AM

Apr 2015
It's unfortunate how this never really caught on, it's not flawless but it did deserve more attention.

Solid visuals, nice fights, adequately off-kilter, maybe has too many characters for its own good but fairly well developed and interesting characters but critically...
The central idea of the show isn't hype enough.

I could see how it tried to depart from usual Shounen cliches while retaining its core elements but it might have hurt mass appeal
6-7/10
Apr 18, 3:55 PM
Oct 2017
Akira has the worst negator ability of all time I thought of myself in that position and it's plain lonely imagine existing on this plane of life and not being able to interact with any living organisms
If there's a situation in front of you taking place and you really want to do something to change it but can't that's just ughhh dude has it beyond rough
I loved this series and I hope another season gets adapted next 2 years or so
Apr 24, 9:55 PM
Apr 2024
waiting for new season!
Yesterday, 11:50 PM

May 2020
pretty good final and amazing show overall
glad I stuck through
the second half was really good
hopefully we get a season 2

3 hours ago
Apr 2024
was good definitely the start halfway got a bit boring but the end was amazing so looking out for a season 2
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Undead Unluck Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2023

122 by NTJBuriti »»
Apr 25, 2:34 PM

» Naming convention of adding UN to things

Jucab_N - Apr 23

6 by ReXiRa »»
Apr 24, 4:38 AM

Poll: » Undead Unluck Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 19

62 by Morpheus1318 »»
Apr 23, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Undead Unluck Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 16

73 by JRoUKnoShoes »»
Apr 22, 7:27 AM

» so, any news about the sound track release date?

aos10 - Apr 20

2 by ImTheJeff »»
Apr 21, 9:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.