Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 16, 5:39 PM

Nov 2011
so i was wondering...does anyone here uses Tiktok?

*If you quit and have no intention of using it again, choose the "I avoid it like the plague" option.
DreamingBeatsMar 16, 5:50 PM
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Mar 16, 5:43 PM

May 2021
I do not use Tik-Tok but I know quite a few friends who do that send me a lot of funny stuff from it. Since I don't use the app its nice to get curated clips from friends here and there, I don't even have to try to find it lol. I don't think I'd ever use it though, I barely used Vine when that was a thing and Instagram Reels is like the most addicting thing ever so I try to stay away from it
Mar 16, 5:47 PM

Nov 2011
I just noticed i forgot to add the "used to, but quit" option.
if you quit and have no intention of using it again, for all intends and purposes you'd fall under "I avoid it like the plague" option.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Mar 16, 6:27 PM

Aug 2021
i recently deleted it because short form content bad for brain

i spend the majority of my time reading books now
Mar 16, 6:52 PM

Oct 2018
Never got into it, and never will, plus it is on the fast-track to being banned where I live (US)
Summertime days, passing gently
Sunlight, leading to an encounter;
Dreams that don't want to end
Continue onwards toward the next day
While she waits in the air.
Mar 16, 8:33 PM

May 2022
Never downloaded it and probably never will. I've never really been interested in watching short-form content for hours and hours, the only time I use it is when friend's send me silly videos and stuff but that's about it.
Mar 16, 11:29 PM

Jul 2021
Yes. I mostly use it because of the amazing anime edits people create.

Mar 17, 12:08 AM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
TikTok scares me. It's a place where unhinged lunatics post the most insane, and unnatural content imaginable.

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
Mar 17, 12:11 AM

Jan 2009
never used it and not interested when youtube have short videos too now
Mar 17, 12:51 AM

Jan 2019
No but the US government coming down on them has made me more inclined to. I guess it's too uncontrolled for their liking. Ironic that the algorithm on the Chinese app is more in line with free market competition that the American ones.
Mar 17, 4:00 AM

Jul 2014
I do, and even post every so often, but it's a dumpster fire of bitterness and petty culture war bullshit a lot of the time. I appreciate that it's radicalized a lot of zoomers against America and Israel though.
Take care of yourself

Mar 17, 6:42 AM

Oct 2019
Hell to the nah, I generally dislike "short form content", except cute cat vids.
Mar 17, 8:00 AM

Apr 2016
never used it nor planning to. I just don't feel using that app when I have youtube, reels, etc.
Mar 17, 11:35 AM

Dec 2015
I use it sometimes, I don't post anything or comment so I only lurk through.

I do that ocasionally, mainly when I am going to toilet for a longer time, or whenever I have to wait for something ex. when I am at train station and I need to wait around 20-30 minutes for next train.

Despite being staged there are some interesting and funny stuff like Moya Stacja Bytów which do perfect sketches of situation bringing it into gas station work place, or some educational stuff like Odlotowy Niewidomy who expand and shares some knowledge about blind people or Fizjotherapist [I don't remember correctly his profile] who posts some stuff about correct posture etc. for everyday normal situations like a proper posture during walking/climbing the stairs etc. + I like cat compilations there which I am encountering sometimes.
ZettaikenMar 17, 11:38 AM
Mar 17, 1:18 PM

Jun 2020
I don't use it every day but I enjoy it and sending my friends vids and them sending me some too
Mar 19, 3:02 AM

Apr 2021
Never used it in my life. Never really liked the concept of short form videos and scrolling to the next short video.
BWAHHHHHHHHHHH
Mar 19, 4:23 AM

Jun 2016
Not a fan of this type of content.
Even AIPAC hating it hasn't convinced me to join.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Mar 19, 4:52 AM

Jan 2023
No, I don't have TikTok. I find those apps boring.
Mar 19, 12:23 PM

Jan 2023
Never have, never will. I hate that app with every bit of my soul.

"You win this round. You doggies."
Mar 19, 12:40 PM

May 2020
First app deleted on my new phone...

Never want to touch or use it at all...
" Kindness can sometimes lead you to trouble. "

Mar 19, 4:58 PM

Feb 2020
Never. There will never be anything on that app that will ever make it worth having.

Please use dark mode, everything looks better. the End of the dragon sphere
Speak not the Watchers‚ Draw not the Watchers‚ Speak of me. Paint my likeness.
Write not the Watchers‚ Sculpt not the Watchers‚ Write about me. Carve me into stone.
Sing not the Watchers‚ Call not the Watchers' name. Sing of me. Call for me.
Please. Please realize...that I am here.
Hello, friend.
Mar 20, 12:50 AM

Dec 2022
I use it like an hour a day, usually when im waiting for stuff to finish (food cooking, waiting for bus etc.) Then I’ll just watch a few TikTok videos. But if I’m siting down on the couch I won’t watch TikTok and rather find a longer video on YouTube or something.

Mar 20, 8:20 PM

Oct 2014
nah. my time killer of choice is reddit.
Mar 21, 12:37 AM

Jul 2013
I'm too old to be watching punkass TikTokers spazzing out and crying like they are in an episode of Dr. Phil, MTV shit, some melodramatic TV show, etc.

TikTok can also go straight to the garbage for being represented by wannabe sluts in skimpy gym clothing harassing men trying to work out in a gym.

If I see it pre-installed in a device that I own, then I will delete it immediately.

Everyone knows that TikTok sucks and that those suckeroos using it should totally grow up.
Mar 21, 3:34 AM

May 2021
I use TikTok daily. I use it as a time killer for when im in the bathroom, sitting waiting for game to load in, in the passenger seat, things like that.

I was a huge Vine user when that was still around so short form content has always been nice for when im just trying to kill 5-10 mins. If I do have 30+ minutes to watch something I will always pick watching YouTube or some anime over TikTok. The nice part about TikTok is their algorithm, after using the app for over a year now I rarely see any content I don't want to see. Most of my For You Page is animal videos, anime, hand drawn animators, Music and Anti-American Government posts.

It surprisingly has a lot of creators who have really well put together videos like MC Taka (@kinpatsu_megane) who goes around Japan and tests people on their English, Tidying Up Online (@katazuke_online) which shows hoarder houses in Japan getting cleaned, and "Voice Cosplayers" Daiki (@utiha23) and The Strongest Todoroki SV (@sv111222333) who had me thinking for a bit that they were the actual VAs of those characters.

From here its just gonna be a list of creators who use the platform and make content I enjoy.

• Keith Lee (@keith_lee125) - Food Reviewer who reviews smaller restaurants hoping to bring business back to ones that got hurt by COVID or are going though tough times.

• Sam (@therealsamalkhatib) - He makes wholesome skit comedy videos about really anything.

• Mr. Rice (@goin1836) - A Korean man sharing his wisdom that his grandma taught him about food and really anything.

• Patrick Hicks Music Stories (@patrickhicks82) - Really well made videos on bands and artists, where they came from, how they grew up, and how they got their big break.

• The Chris Michael (@thechrismichael) - Makes videos showing where EDM Genres got their starts from and comparing them to other similar genres.

• Paul0592 (@paul05921) - Older gentleman who absolutely shreds blues on his guitar.

• W6RST (@w6rst) - Better know as Tim Henson. Lead guitarist of Polyphia, one of my favorite instrumental prog rock bands.

• OFF SCRIPT (@offscriptstore) - Hand drawn animator that makes short animations from current memes on TikTok.

• Gojo Apologist (@levisunattachedfingers2) - Anime editor that uses OP's and ED's to make their edits.

• Endeavorance (@endeavorance) - Guy who does news/videos on "Stuff that keeps happening."

• Ci James (@cijamestk) - Skits on world politics and news.

• Msloan98 (@msloan98) - Aussie who does skits on past historical or current Events.

• Cancelthisclothingcompany (@cancelthisclothingco) - Anit-blackrock and other major investment companies creator who shows just how fucked the US is when it comes to what we buy on our shelves.

• Daveracks (@daveo2real) - Underground creator who shows NYC and the surrounding areas how the government there isn't doing anything to help.

• PirateSoftware (@piratesoftware) - Cyber security creator who has recently blown up on Twitch who shows what the back end of video game creation looks like and plenty of other things in the IT field.

• Billi (@billispeaks) - A 14 year old cat that can talk! Her favorite word is Mad.

• ✨Walter the Catt✨ (@walterthecatt) - The soul-staring floof wizard & his human.

• Kylo (@yeedasu) - A talkative Shiba who has very bad luck.

• Miss Steel (@sissysteel) - A GSP who hasn't had any brain cells since the day she was born.

TikTok can definitely be filled with plenty of cringe and horrible takes but so can any other open speech platform on the internet. Just gotta know your way around it and avoid the things you don't like.

Thank you for reading my Tik Talk.
Mar 21, 4:03 AM

Nov 2019
No. I prefer not to destroy my mind with cheap dopamine

死神

What do you think are the most important things in life? Money, dreams, sympathy towards others...

Yes, they're all important things as well... But the most important thing is responsibility for your own actions.
- Yuichi
Mar 21, 4:56 AM

Jun 2019
If your comment starts with "bro" and ends with a skull emoji, you were probably raised in the TikTok comment section.
Mar 21, 5:02 AM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
I don't really have any interest in it. I'm old-school and still watch long videos on YouTube.
Mar 25, 3:05 PM

Jan 2021
I don't have TikTok, I had it for a brief period of time

The things it recommended me were ridiculous, I don't want to be exposed to that

fuck tiktok, instagram reels and youtube shorts

I liked vine

Mar 29, 3:33 AM

Dec 2020
i dislike the whole "grrr i hate tiktok dophamine short form brainrot site grrrr (< despite never using it before)" kind of mentality people have on it, but despite that i've never really used it before myself since it doesn't interest me tbh

i've had people send me some great stuff from there but like all sites with user submitted content, how good it is just kind of comes down to what you get on your feed yk? so i guess i do avoid it but neutrally in a way
I like Közi a healthy amount.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
This is no joke I'm really going to do it this time.
Mar 29, 1:57 PM

Jul 2013
No I do not. Why bother with such stupid Internet drama?

More topics from this board

» Post songs that you are addicted to right now

tsukareru - 8 hours ago

5 by mokkocchi »»
4 hours ago

» Favorite childhood TV shows?

56709 - Apr 17

26 by 707supremacist »»
Yesterday, 5:26 PM

Poll: » Game of Thrones vs Attack on Titan

DOSS300 - Mar 26

11 by WatchTillTandava »»
Yesterday, 4:54 PM

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7587 by SilentAssassin88 »»
Yesterday, 1:16 PM

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3387 by SilentAssassin88 »»
Yesterday, 1:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.