Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 13, 6:19 AM

Nov 2021
What do yall do at a movie theater? Close your eyes every other frame? Glance at Subway Surfers gameplay on your phone?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 13, 6:20 AM

Feb 2020
I always watch anime at normal speed.
Mar 13, 6:23 AM

May 2019
I always watch anime at regular speed.
Mar 13, 6:46 AM

Jun 2017
They probably also play their 33 1/3 RPM records at 45 or even 78 RPM.

Mar 13, 7:42 AM

Mar 2023
I can not understand why any people would watch anything that way.
Mar 13, 7:56 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
For them they probably just casually accelerate the time twice as fast in the theater to reach the same effect~

They all have attained heaven.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Mar 13, 8:00 AM

Oct 2018
I watched Dune 2 highlights on TikTok 😭😭😭😭😭
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Mar 13, 8:23 AM
Jul 2018
I assume they take a sedative so real time seems twice as fast.
Mar 13, 8:32 AM

Jul 2022
Broke - watching a single anime at 2x speed
Woke - watching two different anime simultaneously at 1x speed
Mar 13, 8:39 AM

Feb 2022
This was how I was watching Dune 2 in the theater fr

TaynixMar 13, 3:36 PM
Mar 13, 8:47 AM

Nov 2021
I watch anime on one monitor and play runescape on the other.
Taiga best girl forever.
Mar 13, 8:56 AM

May 2013
Enjoy the ambience. I think the last time I went to the cinema was when The Greatest Showman was screening.

Mar 13, 9:19 AM

Feb 2020
Well I should really make them play the movie at 2x speed, as I've already been to the theater 3 times this year surely making me their best customer.
But instead I just take the L and flog myself with a stick until I pass out when back home.
Mar 13, 9:26 AM

Dec 2015
I do watch boring stuff at 2x speed, the difference is that in internet I just watch random stuff, at movie theather which I don't visit often I am considering what I will watch [there's not alot of anime in Poland in movie theathers so it is a rare scenerio to see here], because the ticket costs money, the ticket for tram costs money, I need to spend more time to travel from house to cinema + find the cinema as it is often in a shopping malls. After all I watch anime in internet for free, except for few titles I've seen on Netflix for which I am paying for + JJK0 which I've seen at theather.

Ah and using a phone which is brigth in a cinema theather where there are other people is disrespectful to others sitting next to me/behind me so I don't use my phone and I always switch it off/mute everything as that's the proper etiquette which I was learnt which is the case in my country. So playing the old mobile game which is no longer in trends or watching tik-toks is not proper in cinema [not to mention that there's alot of people there so internet connection will be of worse quality]

Just because I watch slow paced/boring stuff at 2x and majority of stuff including Youtube and Netflix at 1.5x, ain't meaning I can't watch anything at normal speed [From recent shows I watch Frieren at 1x].
ZettaikenMar 13, 9:29 AM
Mar 13, 9:37 AM

Jan 2021
I think I've only watched like 5 minutes at 2x speed, and that was because I was contemplating dropping that anime that episode. I only had like 2 episodes left so I just finished at normal speed. However, I believe that if you have to watch something at 2x speed, you'd be better of just watching something else, as watching literally everything at 2x speed makes it seem like you're just after bragging rights of "Yeah, I watched (x) number of anime."

Mar 13, 9:45 AM

Sep 2020
I never go to the movie theater (does it still exist?) The last time would have been 6 years ago and I was forced, I hate people, they give their opinions, they shout, and if it's a children's movie it's even worse! I can search for any movie on the internet nowadays and I'm not interested in current movies anyway.

Sorry if I write something incorrect, English is not my native language.

Mar 13, 10:05 AM

Mar 2021
I never speed up movies and TV shows.

Anime is filled with useless padding.

Mar 13, 10:10 AM

Oct 2023
I could never.

Having a visual medium become distorted for the sake of personal comfort or saving time seems totally asinine. Yet, I'm not subjected to that sort of shit myself, so it's no skin off my back. Let them rot their brains of their own accord and rack up those MAL hours as they see fit, pointless as it may be.
Mar 13, 10:13 AM

Jan 2009
some people got low attention span than the majority i guess
Mar 13, 10:14 AM
Jan 2018
Anime should be watched for fun, not adding notches to your completion list, so I always watch at regular speed.
Mar 13, 10:19 AM

Dec 2022
I never watch anime on 2x, 3x or on any x for that matter, whether it be the most boring stuff on earth. But my cousin does. Hell he fucking presses forward button every 2-3 seconds on top of watching it at 2x. He completed HxH, Naruto, One Piece, Bleach, Black Clover and what not that way. When I first saw him doing that, I was like what the fuck he doing?

-Tohka is better than Kurumi. You can't change my mind. 

Mar 13, 12:44 PM

Sep 2007
Reply to Nishikiban
Anime should be watched for fun, not adding notches to your completion list, so I always watch at regular speed.
Nishikiban said:

Same and agreed as I watch it for enjoyment for the most part and in moderation.
Mar 13, 1:43 PM
Jul 2017
I watch anime at a regular speed. Those guys just want to watch so fast so that they obtain a power from jojo.
Mar 13, 2:07 PM

Jul 2021
i've tried to watch like that, but I can't read the subtitles that fast... at the most, I watch 1,25x when the anime is going too slow
Mar 13, 2:19 PM

Oct 2018
it's 2024, watching at 2x is the minimum. Honestly 4x speed is pretty much the standard now for the average anime viewer.
Mar 13, 3:29 PM

Dec 2021
I'd sooner watch an anime at half speed than watch it at 2x.

EDIT: Like, I'll skip the OP or ED if I'm not in the mood, and maybe skip the previous episode recap if I'm binge watching, but that's as far as I go.
Daviljoe193Mar 13, 5:43 PM
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.
Mar 13, 3:55 PM

May 2021
I would've considered watching any content in 2x speed heresy but I see people online say they watch anime like this all the time. I guess times are changing and we need to consume content at double speed to get max efficiency
Mar 13, 4:31 PM

Jul 2021
People I know go to the theaters for the following reasons:

1. They go to the theaters only for the stuff they really, really care about (enough to stomach watching at 1x speed, in this case).

2. They go to the theaters to have a good time with friends and not get FOMO.

3. They get dragged to the theaters against their will and fall sleep there.

I've never known anyone watching stuff at 2x on a regular basis. With that in mind, I can't help but despise people watching stuff like this as a personal choice...
Mar 13, 4:45 PM
Apr 2022
the reason why i don't go to a movie theater
Mar 13, 5:29 PM
Mar 2017
i watch at 1.5 speed. idk regular speed seems too slow for me lol
Mar 13, 5:33 PM

Nov 2015
1.5x speed when the show is too damn slow and there's many filler to skip but i still want to watch it. one piece is like that for 5 minutes at the beginning of each episodes now.
Mar 13, 11:31 PM
Jan 2021
if you watch in 2x you need to be ostracized
Mar 13, 11:43 PM
Mar 2013
I never go to the movies, and even if I did, there is never anime stuff there anyway.

I watch most of my anime are regular speed, if I am low on time like on a work break, or I am watching through something that's incredibly monotonous (haruhi endless 8, running scenes in one piece like thriller bark or fishman islands 5 minute long episodes with 10 minute intros and 5 minute outtros....), then I will watch on 2x, sometimes 4x. I watched Demon Slayer Mugen train arc of the anime on 8x because I wasn't sure if there was any additional scenes when compared to the movie.

I watch anime to chill and enjoy, if I am not enjoying, speed up through parts I dislike or go next. It probably helps that I can speak Japanese and watch anime raw though....
I will however say I watch All of my lectures on 2-4x, all my youtube videos on 2x, and listen to my audio books on 2x or higher.
Mar 14, 12:38 AM

Jun 2020
The only time I've watched anime not in 1x speed was the Dragonball muscle tower miniarc in 1.25 speed instead. More than half of it was padded with filler anyways so I don't feel guilty in the slightest

Mar 14, 5:33 AM

Jul 2020
Reply to Squallsy12me
I never go to the movies, and even if I did, there is never anime stuff there anyway.

I watch most of my anime are regular speed, if I am low on time like on a work break, or I am watching through something that's incredibly monotonous (haruhi endless 8, running scenes in one piece like thriller bark or fishman islands 5 minute long episodes with 10 minute intros and 5 minute outtros....), then I will watch on 2x, sometimes 4x. I watched Demon Slayer Mugen train arc of the anime on 8x because I wasn't sure if there was any additional scenes when compared to the movie.

I watch anime to chill and enjoy, if I am not enjoying, speed up through parts I dislike or go next. It probably helps that I can speak Japanese and watch anime raw though....
I will however say I watch All of my lectures on 2-4x, all my youtube videos on 2x, and listen to my audio books on 2x or higher.
@Squallsy12me Finally someone I can mostly agree with. If there are particularly stretched out or boring filler sequences then I will up the speed to prevent things from becoming boring. It is meant to be enjoyable to watch after all so what is the point of sitting through lengthy filler for no reason. And sometimes when I am on break with 5 minutes left and the episode has 8 then yes I will speed it up in order to finish. I will say I have never gone beyond 2x for anime before though and I do enjoy going to the cinema regularly so I have to disagree here a little. People who instantly hate on anyone who ever speeds up shows for any reason are just overreacting. I will agree with them though that watching most or every show sped up is insane, as at that point you are basically admitting that you find all anime boring and a waste of time.
Mar 14, 11:30 AM
Call me Oniichan

Jan 2007
If there's a show I REALLY like, I watch it at 1x speed, sometimes at 1.2x speed.
Otherwise, I watch them anywhere between 1.3x and 4x. Shows that I enjoy are usually at 1.4x-1.8x. Shows that are very mid around 1.8x-2.2x. Anything higher than that means I didn't like the show and want to get it done quickly.

As for cinemas, I never go there because I don't like wasting money and I hate the experience. People in the back kicking in my seat, people around me making noise with bags of chips and eating noises. Sometimes some asshole is playing music on his cellphone and nobody has the balls to tell him to stop. Why the fuck would I go to cinemas? I don't have friends btw.
Mar 14, 12:07 PM

Apr 2015
Reply to AchromicBloom
it's 2024, watching at 2x is the minimum. Honestly 4x speed is pretty much the standard now for the average anime viewer.
@AchromicBloom Even 4x speed watching single anime is a rookie thing, some people watch 4 anime at 4x speed simultaneously.
Mar 14, 2:56 PM

Oct 2018
Reply to SilentVinyl
@AchromicBloom Even 4x speed watching single anime is a rookie thing, some people watch 4 anime at 4x speed simultaneously.
@SilentVinyl you're right, I'm still a rookie in that regard. Let's hope we can eventually experience up to eight series at once.
Mar 14, 3:04 PM

Feb 2019
I only do it if it's boring, full of recaps/ reused scenes, or if I'm trying to catch up to someone else
No watch list sig cuz "You watch anime in 3 days or 3 months! Such is the proper way!"
Mar 14, 3:15 PM
Sep 2018
short attention span........................:')
Mar 14, 3:54 PM
Oct 2023
Wait there r pipo who watch anime at 2x speed wo cool
Mar 14, 7:21 PM
Mar 2023
I watched whole Demon Slayer in 2x speed, not because I didn't like it (I really enjoyed it). I just didn't have enough time then as my exams were close and I was craving to watch a good anime.
Mar 14, 7:48 PM
Sep 2017
I legit never knew people did this!!
Mar 14, 10:48 PM

Oct 2022
It's one of many steps to escape the matrix.
When a pancake lover does something: "Outrageous vicious crime"

When a waffle lover does something: "That means it is not illegal"

Quotes - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld_HIM667Do&t=2822s
Mar 15, 2:07 AM

Jan 2023
I don't understand the point of it, I personally would not be able to enjoy anime (or any form of content) if I watched it at accelerated speed.
If I don't have enough time to watch something, then I'll just watch it later :)
Mar 15, 3:12 AM

Aug 2014
I always watch anime at normal regular speed.
Mar 15, 3:43 AM

Aug 2012
No clue why people do that. Do they even enjoy watching at that point? Or has it just become some obsession to get more watched anime on their list?

I mean, if something bores you so much you watch it at 2x speed to get it over with, then maybe don't watch it and do something else?
Mar 15, 5:55 AM
Apr 2022
I really don’t understand the point of that, if you need to watch it at an accelerated speed then chances are you aren’t enjoying it so why watch it at all?
Mar 16, 2:58 PM

Jan 2021
your post funny

post more often

I watch satisfying videos at 2x speed and have one earphone plugged in my ear playing white noise (sometimes I go for bright pink)
Mar 16, 6:07 PM

Oct 2011
Better they watch their anime 2x speed than to worry about someone with 3x speed questions worrying about how other's watch their anime, as if their brain is somehow connected with another's brain and is negatively affecting them.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» What's an anime you like but would probably never try to show someone to get them into anime?

MeanMrMusician - 6 hours ago

18 by iirayuki »»
24 seconds ago

» Love at first sight XD ( 1 2 3 4 )

kirAth-shiAue - Mar 24, 2007

175 by Yakazi »»
2 minutes ago

» Blu-ray is an outdated metric, Streaming services are the new standard

removed-user - Jun 2

42 by PeripheralVision »»
22 minutes ago

» Tried going to reddit to discuss Anime, worst decision ever. ( 1 2 )

kriissyy12 - Jul 4, 2022

97 by Lhundrup »»
43 minutes ago

» Which anime could be classified as "Technically isikai?"( Another place but same world)

Ratris_Decision - 1 hour ago

2 by JoeChip »»
57 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.