Forum Settings
Forums

I feel bad about not keeping up with seasonal anime

New
Mar 9, 2:17 AM

Mar 2016
and its a truly stupid reason to feel bad but its happening. I usually keep up with it but I've been physically sick/bedridden for a month now so that hasn't helped. Plus I'm working hard on my mental health which keeps me from home and into therapy/support groups most of the week.

I lost the joy of anime because I would always drink while I watched. And now its difficult to sit still due to the diagnosed unmedicated ADHD I think. But I can't get medicated for it because I'm also diagnosed Bipolar 2 and that could cause a hypomanic episode. Which is whats happening rn despite the medication.

I found joy in that anime, Delicacies in Dungeon and Solo Leveling this season so that's a success! But again, I have no real drive to watch anything else.

I'm a filthy casual that feels bad about being a filthy casual. L.O.L.
Mar 9, 2:31 AM

Apr 2010
Uh, alright, hang in there and take care of yourself.
Mar 9, 2:31 AM

May 2015
I don't now man, but it seems you have more serious problems than whether you keep up or not with seasonal anime. There was a time after I had quit smoking for good when I struggled with watching movies and anime in general because my old self had been so used to lighting up a cigarette during every episode that in hte end I got burned out of it for a time . You would go through the same thing if you really got drunk every time you consumed anime.
IshitatesoMar 9, 2:39 AM
Mar 9, 2:43 AM

May 2019
you know, you don't have to keep up with seasonals.
Mar 9, 2:57 AM

Mar 2016
Reply to tchitchouan
you know, you don't have to keep up with seasonals.
@tchitchouan Logic brain knows that. Emotional brain is just making me feel guilty over it. I know its dumb, I just needed to talk about it.
Mar 9, 3:38 AM

Jul 2021
if you find some time just keeping sipping something else while watching like fruit juices or non-alcoholic beers then slowly to water and then slowly to nothing. hopefully you should be able watch like this.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Mar 9, 3:42 AM
May 2019
Don't be that hard on yourself. if you don't find anime enjoyable try other mediums if they also looks like chore than take a break. Do something irl that will give you relaxation. Forcing yourself will end up in dropping the hobby altogether.
Mar 9, 3:43 AM

Jun 2020
I’m sorry I don’t have much to say regarding seasonals since I like to binge, but I hope you get better OP! 😊
Mar 9, 4:41 AM

Dec 2014
I took breaks from anime due to circumstance in my life. I have only 2 months ago returned again to watching anime my last 2 breaks have been 9 months and 6 months. Anime is not going anywhere focus on you and your health and when you are feeling better you can watch anime again. I am enjoying anime so much more this time round too, as I have loads of series from the past 2 years to catch up on.
Mar 9, 5:07 AM

Mar 2008
It is hard to keep up. I only managed to do it one season and two others i kept falling behind. It helps watching it in order it airs instead of picking at whim.

You just have to know what your limits are. I wind up losing my focus and pausing a lot taking way longer to finish some episodes than they should. Having trouble focusing doesnt inherently mean ADHD btw it comes with depression, anxiety, ptsd, and sometimes mania
Mar 9, 5:46 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014

There is really no need to watch anything new, simply watch anything you like whether it's new or old.

The new seasonal anime won't go anywhere :)

Get well soon :)

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Mar 9, 6:25 AM

Jun 2019
It's funny because I had the exact opposite experience in the sense that when I got extremely sick in the autumn of 2020 (purely physical stuff though rather than having a mental component), starting in early 2021 that's essentially what drove me to start watching large numbers of seasonals for the first time, because I just needed something to serve to distract as much as humanly possible and provide an escape from the pain and hell my body was going through, but yet didn't have as much energy or interest at the time to feel like starting older already fully completed series as it seemed somehow like more of a psychological and emotional investment.
Mar 9, 6:32 AM

Sep 2016
It's better to wait for Blu-ray release anyway because then you can binge the show in best quality with less or no censorship and possibly additional content.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Mar 9, 1:04 PM
Jun 2021
@Wallanimx You shouldn't be. In fact I think it's much more unique to just do anime you yourself like or want to try out instead of following along with the empty hype.
And about AD(H)D - just watch at your own pace. Again, no need to strain yourself if you feel that the attention is gone.
Bipolar 2 can be troublesome to control, but once again, going hypomanic over anime? Health first, to hell with everything else - and yes this means anime too. And I'm saying this to you as both a medical professional and anime fan.
Hot Blood saves lives.
Mar 9, 2:44 PM
Call me Oniichan

Jan 2007
Wait half a year for bluray encodes and binge watch it then. BD encodes often have fixed animation and uncensored content.
Mar 9, 4:53 PM

Feb 2021
If watching anime is bringing you more hardship than joy you'd better stop.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Mar 13, 4:04 PM
Jul 2018
Don't worry, you're not missing out on much anyway.
Mar 13, 5:10 PM

Apr 2015
Not like most new seasonal shows are all that great lately.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Mar 13, 6:14 PM

Mar 2019
Samee, I said I would start watching seasonal anime but I have failed to watch it in time so I'm learning to be more patient with myself and just watch it when I feel like it and that needs time and practice. The only seasonal anime I have watched almost in time is Sasaki to Pii-chan it´s a nice anime I recommend it! and it's so desafortuned that you can't watch anime for fun, I really hope you can get better or learn how to enjoy things with the way you are, I understand a little bit of what is having an illness but I believe that anybody with illness or not it's unique and has to learn how to be with the things that makes them feel better, so good luck with everything!! ( ˶ˆ꒳ˆ˵ ) ♡
Mar 13, 6:22 PM

Nov 2018
Watch whatever you want whenever you want. You don’t have to be in the loop for new shows, and no one’s forcing you to.

I haven’t bothered with seasonals all that much since before the pandemic. It’s too much fuss and hassle. I can focus some attention to manga as well because I’m not strapped down by the need to watch anime.

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Mar 13, 10:50 PM

Jan 2013
Don't? There's only a few shows actually worth watching, and since I'm watching like 20, I would know.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Mar 14, 9:44 AM

Jan 2010
You don't have to watch seasonal, there's a lot of older anime out there that are just as entertaining as any seasonal anime out there. So don't feel bad, branch out and watch older anime!!!
Mar 15, 1:44 AM

Oct 2018
You should know that many person who likes anime not watching seasonal anime too. Including me.
Mar 15, 1:45 AM

Feb 2020
Don't get too stressed, buddy. Watching seasonal is not for everyone.
Mar 16, 3:11 PM

Jan 2021
You feel bad about not wasting your time?

Don't let people bully you into it

More topics from this board

» Does femdom ruin romance anime for you?

Sanjay63773 - 3 hours ago

20 by Daviljoe193 »»
12 seconds ago

Poll: » What position do you watch anime in?

Spunkert - Apr 23

40 by DarkShame2 »»
3 minutes ago

» Do You Consider Yourself a Generous or a Harsh Scorer?

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 28

35 by FanofAction »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » Would you be in favor of tipping Crunchyroll for every anime you complete on their platform? ( 1 2 )

Dije - Apr 16

61 by ColourWheel »»
4 minutes ago

» what is the best slice of life anime and why ?

ame - Yesterday

23 by MichaelJackson »»
12 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.