Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 16, 10:25 AM
Jan 2024
Omg, next episodes going to be fire! Frieren puppet is already really bad news, but there's also Fern XD
Feb 16, 10:32 AM

Mar 2016
Quite ironic yet befitting that the most straightforward and simplest task turns out to be the most difficult, hence the emphasis on needing to cooperate, but alas different people will inevitably have different mentalities and agendas even when given the details.

Also, Frieren with her usual fetish and buffoonery with Mimics continues even in a position like this 😂😂

Sense's expression says it all xDDD
Feb 16, 10:42 AM

Sep 2007
Impressive how Frieren can flex without even being present.
Feb 16, 10:51 AM

Nov 2013
Massive chills at the end. This show is just superb!
Feb 16, 10:53 AM

Apr 2018
The 2nd test is already miles better than the first one, espically in its pacing. I found that they focused too much on the bird in the first one. Anyway, it was a smart plan from Denken to team up and it's nice to see that blonde girl with them. Kinda interested in her, sadly we lost the other small one already. That golem is quite strong ngl. Also, Denken is just such a great character. His personality and aura are unmatched.
I did not expect to see that level of animation from the PV so early in the test. That was just majestic and so fucking fluid. I cannot wait to see how they'll go against Frieren. On top of the sakuga, it is the goddamn soundtrack that is so captivating.
Frieren is just doing her casual thingy in the dungeon, it is going fairly easy for her for now. Not sure who she'll fight against or how dangerous it will become.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Feb 16, 11:05 AM
Aug 2018
Reply to Fever1102
The hype levels at the end of the episode are off the charts! They can probably handle it though, since it is most likely nerfed (hidden) Frieren.
@Fever1102 they said the clones are perfect copies with the same abilities as the person. So no I don't think she's nerfed
Feb 16, 11:08 AM

Nov 2020
First of all, I really like the atmosphere of the dungeons, the way you can hear the reverberation during dialogues and so on. Animation....they must have saved their budget on this first part of the exam, because the animation in this episode was amazing. Denken getting ready to get beaten a second time? haha
Feb 16, 11:08 AM
Oct 2023
one of the most epic cliff hangers ive ever seen
Feb 16, 11:11 AM

Feb 2012
That last scene... what in the Dark Souls is going to happen?! GAHD DAYUM!!!
Feb 16, 11:13 AM

Nov 2020
Reply to SideCharacterKal
The 2nd test is already miles better than the first one, espically in its pacing. I found that they focused too much on the bird in the first one. Anyway, it was a smart plan from Denken to team up and it's nice to see that blonde girl with them. Kinda interested in her, sadly we lost the other small one already. That golem is quite strong ngl. Also, Denken is just such a great character. His personality and aura are unmatched.
I did not expect to see that level of animation from the PV so early in the test. That was just majestic and so fucking fluid. I cannot wait to see how they'll go against Frieren. On top of the sakuga, it is the goddamn soundtrack that is so captivating.
Frieren is just doing her casual thingy in the dungeon, it is going fairly easy for her for now. Not sure who she'll fight against or how dangerous it will become.
@SideCharacterKal I think it's good that we focused more on the bird in the first test, it would have been boring if both stages were just about fighting imo
Feb 16, 11:19 AM
Jul 2019
Reply to Incognonymous
That last scene... what in the Dark Souls is going to happen?! GAHD DAYUM!!!
@Incognonymous reminds me of Elden Ring Mimic Tear
Feb 16, 11:33 AM
Jun 2023
FRIEREN IS THE FINAL BOSS! The OST and reveal for that was just too hype I'm ngl.. this episode was one of the best so far. Can't wait for next episode!
Feb 16, 11:39 AM
Aug 2018
An adorable episode of anime. Frieren will never change, as far as mimics go. But, this upcoming battle is really going to be intense!
Feb 16, 11:59 AM

Aug 2018
The artists don't even need to be fueled. I already know what will be done with that test instructor and her hair.
Feb 16, 12:04 PM
Senpai

May 2021
I will miss Frieren so much. Only 5 episodes left.
Loved every second!
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Feb 16, 12:06 PM
Oct 2021
epic episode honestly flew by felt like 5 mins 😩
Feb 16, 12:21 PM
Oct 2023
Holy cow, that was awesome. Nothing more to say.
Feb 16, 1:03 PM
Jul 2020
Y'all be ready for peak Fern next episode
Feb 16, 1:32 PM
Sep 2023
Poor Denken, his group is absolutely screwed
Feb 16, 1:37 PM

Mar 2013
Frieren as the final boss...?! EPIC! 🤣🤣🤣

And so we lost a cutie in the race. 😖😫
CrazyButNot4UFeb 16, 1:45 PM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Feb 16, 1:40 PM
Dec 2013
OMG! That cliffhanger! Denken is going to fight Frieren's clone, so in a way, it's a rematch with Frieren, but Denken already lost to the real Frieren, so you'd assume that he'll lose to a clone of Frieren too, since it'll be as powerful and skilled as the real Frieren. Can't wait for the next episode.
wildhoodFeb 16, 4:12 PM
Feb 16, 1:42 PM

Jun 2017
Holy shit if the dungeon was able to make a perfect copy of Frieren then Denken's group is fucked.

And whoever gets Fern's copy, they are most likely fucked too.

Feb 16, 2:10 PM

Mar 2010
frieren was the cutest in this episode. Honestly she seems like a hoe who rejected the "nice" guy and keeps reminiscing lol.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 16, 2:15 PM

Jun 2016
I don't understand why Kanne and Lawine didn't join the dungeon together with Frieren and Fern... there was no restrictions in groups and in the end they became friends.
Apart from that I enjoyed the episode so much as always.
Franz_FurantsuFeb 16, 2:20 PM
Feb 16, 2:30 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
That ending. I'd be throwing that bottle on the ground faster than the speed of light if I saw Frieren coming at me.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 16, 2:39 PM
Dec 2023
Absolutely amazing fights and awesome soundtrack in this episode
Feb 16, 2:50 PM
Jul 2023
If this wasn't a test, I'd have broken my bottle already
Feb 16, 2:50 PM
Jan 2023
One of the best episodes so far in my opinion. The fights are so short, but oh SO SO GOOD.
Feb 16, 2:55 PM

Jul 2017
honestly deserves #1 spot on mal, its just a masterpiece idk what to say man
it doesnt miss
Feb 16, 2:58 PM

Aug 2018
It's really refreshing to have a polished anime like this
Feb 16, 3:00 PM
Nov 2016
Another pretty good episode, I'm really enjoying this arc a lot, this is so much better than the previous episodes before the exam arc started so yeah, I changed my opinion about the anime and I improved my rating from a 7/10 to a 8/10, this arc has been pretty damn good so far.

And lol, Frieren never changes with those mimics, I was wondering if we would ever get an episode of her getting trapped in a mimic (not in a flashback) and here it is, we finally got it, I'm not disappointed and even put a smile on my face.

These are the episodes that I like, keep them coming!
Feb 16, 3:08 PM
Level 1 Otaku

Jan 2018
99% chance still leaves 1% chance for a grimoire lul

I expected Frieren to blast the final boss away with one spell but Frieren being the final boss was not expected. Next episode is going to be amazing can't wait!

Feb 16, 3:09 PM

Jun 2015
The last scene is the anime equivalent of "Why do I hear boss music?"
These couple of chapters will be really good
Feb 16, 3:12 PM

Oct 2013
The storytelling is sublime. It doesn't matter that it's predictable that Freiren is going to be swallowed up by a mimic. These different moments don't need to rely on cheap surprises and plot twists. It just drives meaningful moments through the superb character development. It's so funny because I was already laughing when Denken said there's nobody left in the exam that would fall for a mimic. Oh god, and then the stark contrast reminding us that Freiren is a monster at the end of the episode. The drastic change in tone and Denken and the group questioning whether they can defeat the clone. Man what a special anime and story
Feb 16, 3:36 PM
Apr 2019
Can someone give me a small spoiler? Despite what Denken said, is the clone a true copy of Frieren's mana, personality and skill? Did Denken's group manage to defeat it?
Feb 16, 3:43 PM
Apr 2023
Reply to PokemonArk
Can someone give me a small spoiler? Despite what Denken said, is the clone a true copy of Frieren's mana, personality and skill? Did Denken's group manage to defeat it?
@PokemonArk
Feb 16, 3:50 PM
Apr 2021
PokemonArk said:

Feb 16, 3:55 PM
Apr 2021
SNDT said:
@Aminho Taking photos of laptop's screen lmao

<⁠(⁠ ̄⁠︶⁠ ̄⁠)⁠> <(⁠◡⁠ ⁠ω⁠ ⁠◡⁠)>
Feb 16, 4:06 PM

Apr 2010
Oh boy. Can four mages beat one Freiren?

Feb 16, 4:21 PM

Sep 2013
Bug cliffhanger. Another great episode. I don't think they can beat frieren clone. And if they do is with major casualties.
sic mundus
Feb 16, 4:22 PM

Jan 2021
They set up the mimic joke so easily I knew we where going to deal with it as soon as we got to the dungeon. It's such a simple joke and it still got me laughing my butt off. Seeing this old wise sage like Frieren still trying to convince herself that the 1% percent chance that theirs treasure is so funny.

Glad the lady choose right she got to see the mimic mishap and the Fern + Frieren enjoying the dungeon.

Also the magic copies of people is cool as hell. I was immediately thinking a copy of Fririen is going to spell trouble and then immediately we see her. I'm terrified and everyone else should be too.
Feb 16, 4:29 PM

Apr 2019
Another week cometh, another banger episode of Frieren we're blessed with.

Highlight of the episode was anytime that Frieren and Fern were on screen, which pretty much applies to every episode lol. But this episode especially with Frieren falling for the mimic routine and Fern talking with Sense about why Fern didn't have any determination and passion.

Now that ending? Hooo boy was that cool, with that replica of Frieren being a boss. Honestly, everyone fighting their own replicas is very interesting to see but that replica of Frieren though is just insane. Idk how well Denken and his party, or anyone for that matter, will fair since this is a replica of Frieren they have to deal with. So I wouldn't be surprised if they withdrew from the test or if they'll retreat until everyone else shows up. I also wonder how Lawine and Karne are handling the dungeon? I'm sure Ubel and Land are doing alright but Lawine and Karne being by themselves worries me slightly. Considering how they can get with each other sometimes.

Anyways, very excited to see what happens next.

Also, Frieren head tilt.
arcticmontysFeb 16, 4:33 PM
Feb 16, 4:38 PM
Sep 2020
Frieren last boss
Feb 16, 4:46 PM
May 2023
they can't defeat frieren
Feb 16, 4:51 PM

Apr 2022
frieren's theme *final boss version* bout to start up. the mimic meme, and the laufen fight was gas.
Feb 16, 4:53 PM
Oct 2016
The second test begins with the remaining applicants whom passed the first test now facing a dungeon raid. Their goal being to reach the bottom of this dungeon to pass the second test. Denken was right that if they all stayed together they could've easily swept through the dungeon. There is safety in numbers and with everyone assigned a role with a plan would've been a breeze. Sadly some of the other test takers don't share that sentiment and would rather group up in smaller numbers with people they know. Lots of different groups splitting off, I'm surprised that Lawine and Kanne didn't go Sith Frieren and Fern. Sure they're not technically forced to work together but they're not direct opponents either. Working together so they all get through this second test would've been smarter for them. Frieren and Fern along with the test monitor had a much different experience exploring this dungeon than everyone else did. They just ran into mimics and had a jolly time exploring while Frieren reminisced about Himmel being the best dungeon Explorer there is not leaving a single room unchecked. Meanwhile the much tougher course with Denken group and Wirbel group each running into terrifying things that could copy their whole move sets and skills. Those things are very dangerous being able to replicate powerful mages. A Frieren clone with all her power will be tough for them to defeat.
Feb 16, 4:53 PM
Feb 2024
The ending was so hype, I just love this show.
Feb 16, 5:00 PM

Aug 2022
The 2nd test sure sounded easy enough; that alone was a warning sign of its actual difficulty 🥲. I get why Dankan isn't too popular: despite seeming kind, it feels like he's really just looking out for his own goals. Now, I'm curious how his group will handle a copy of Frieren... If it can truly replicate her enormous power and mana, and even master all her spells, that should be their cue to bring out the golems 😆

And gosh... how does Frieren always end up swallowed by a Mimic, though? 🤣 I was trying to figure out why she sometimes changes her hairstyle, but I'd never have guessed the real reason, lol 🤣

But when she smiled, reminiscing about her former party (and Himmel, of course), she looked so content, I almost wanted to hug her! 🥰

And Fern too! Being happy about doing things you don't really care for, just to make someone you care about happy, definitely places her as my number one mage 😊💖

Now, we have another long week to wait before we can see how Dankan plans to use his golem 😂🤣
_Shara_Feb 16, 5:17 PM
Feb 16, 5:00 PM
Sep 2021
loving this series so far
Feb 16, 5:14 PM
Mar 2022
Reply to PokemonArk
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 26

263 by TanedaKaori »»
2 hours ago

» Land: Anime’s Greatest Glasses-Kun

Bolbysaur - Yesterday

11 by PoisonedSandwich »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Which mage would you rather have as your mentor?

Moonshine_cookie - Apr 30

29 by i-Savage »»
5 hours ago

» Does frieren remind you of anything TV SHOW GAME ETC.

mydaddy - Apr 28

28 by AlirezYU »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2023

527 by nanajp »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.