Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 10, 7:51 AM

Dec 2021
Ragna and Starlia are teaming up to rock the time!

Cornered by the counterattack of the Argentum Corps, Taratectora musters the last of his strength to counteract against the fatal blow delivered by the reappearance of Ragna. Olta Zoro, blaming himself for pushing his comrades into a tight spot due to a judgment error, witnesses Taratectora's struggle. Despite recalling their past memories of fighting alongside each other, Taratectora urges Olta Zoro to make the resolve necessary to seize victory on the battlefield before them. Moved by the feelings of his comrades and focused on his own mission, Olta Zoro, as the commander, makes a ruthless decision.

Damn, that episode was a rollercoaster of emotions. When Starlia mentioned winning too early, I couldn't shake the feeling that something bad was about to happen. She really grew on me throughout the arc, so I'm desperately hoping she's not actually dead. But the way the episode went on, especially with that final scene, it seems like they've planned for her demise. It's heartbreaking, really.

As for Ragna, I'm not sure how he's going to muster up more power to take on Kamui, but I'm holding out hope for a surprise twist. Kamui feels like another Jiren, just there to push Ragna to new limits. It's a bit predictable, but I guess it's all part of the storytelling.

Well, at least the animation was good in this episode...

Feb 10, 8:29 AM
Sep 2015
This anime doesn't have any bad animation, but it really can't keep up when Kamui appear. Kamui's pure destructive power is beyond the studio's capability.
Feb 10, 8:41 AM
Oct 2020
RIP Tara chan. Well his explosion didn't eliminate the enemy but Kamui is here so yeah everyone is very screwed
Feb 10, 8:46 AM

Feb 2021
WTF That was so sudden and brutal. Especially that shot of the princesses severed head on her body.
I knew it was too early to celebrate. Damn, and I really liked her... T_T
19:29 A line was skipped in the subs. "And he became the second seat dragon"
Interesting ending. Though it's kinda weird that Ragna can still fight after he spent everything on defending from the explosion. I guess the princesses gave him more silverine.

And btw the past couple episodes Crimson has been just lying on the ground in the middle of nowhere right? lol
Feb 10, 8:49 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
There's no way that just happened, NOOO
Feb 10, 8:54 AM
Jul 2023
Moment before disaster.

Kamui entrance is very in characters, subtle yet flashy, his fight with Ragna is an interesting one, mainly because there’s no typical shonen banter between them, it’s quite surprising and refreshing to see.
Feb 10, 9:02 AM

Oct 2017
Wtf happened at the end there, one second he's fighting Kamui and the next they are somewhere else? Is it inside his mind? So Starlia's dead....? For real?
Feb 10, 9:08 AM
Nov 2016
This part in the manga was so damn good and emotional and this is what I got in the anime? I'm even more disappointed with the anime and the animation is mediocre as hell as usual, the anime simply can't give the manga the animation it deserves, the manga was SO MUCH BETTER here, the anime, on the other hand, was piss poor in comparison.

Whatever, fuck this, I was disappointed with the anime but this episode sealed the deal for me, it's a wrap. I will finish this anime only because I'm a fan of the manga but fuck the anime.
Feb 10, 9:22 AM
Aug 2020
Great episode

They really gave everything
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Feb 10, 9:24 AM
Dec 2017
holy fuck this episode was metal.
Feb 10, 9:27 AM
Sep 2021
That was some action packed thrilling episode & the ending of the episode was really shocking.
Feb 10, 10:35 AM

Dec 2021
why the princess had to die
*Los humanos no pueden vivir sin recuerdos... Pero tampoco pueden vivir sólo de recuerdos(Michiru)-AIR
Feb 10, 11:19 AM
Apr 2023
FUCK... I thought they would become a cute couple with Ragna blush and everything, I though she will become the light where Ragna is not going to be alone in the future. then this happen...
Feb 10, 11:25 AM

Feb 2008
The amount of twists during this episode was just crazy!
Feb 10, 12:55 PM

Jun 2021
Everytime, I can't believe it, everytime when you think you are watching a good episode the ending of this anime ruins it all (truth be told that what makes this anime more exciting). It's like uuhh hha you won't get a good ending.
It's unpredictable, no matter how many times I watch it, can't say what happens next.
On the next episode I will be prepared for this sudden twist they put in every ending (just hope that I don't forget my own warning over 1 week :")
Yandere_@lover
Feb 10, 1:19 PM
Jan 2009
Ugh, I actually liked the Silverware Princess. She was a badass, not to mention some good laughs.

I like to think the last scene means she actually lived, but it's obviously the super common trope of anime protagonists hearing their fallen comrades urging them on when they're about to give up.
Feb 10, 2:10 PM

Jul 2008
Holy shi* what an episode

Feb 10, 2:16 PM
Mar 2016
So that last scene... wasn't in Ragna's head, was it? The location is different, it's where Crimson was teleported to. The teleportation circle was already activated and the teleportation magic was still underway while Ragna was fighting Kamui. Does that mean Starlia is alive somehow? Some side-effect of the teleportation? Or is she really just an afterimage still lingering in his mind?
Feb 10, 2:22 PM

Feb 2019
Absolutely insane episode. Wow where to start

So Tara and Olta Zora served the same princess in life? And then they both became dragons and serve ultimatia.. I wonder what the lore was with that one. Always felt like Tara was the most decent of Ultimatia’s minions so I’m a little sad to see him go, but he went out with a bang(literally). In battle a leader has to make difficult decisions and Olta Zora ultimately did.

Starlia and Ragna’s combined attack oh my goodness, what a scene. After all the flustered scenes of them from earlier in the season you can kinda forget how powerful they could be together. Her ability really perfectly compliments his and together they can do some crazy stuff. Kinda got some Goku and Gohan father-son kamehameha vibes from that fight tbh.

Finally someone besides crimson knows and understands Ragna’s ability, about his future self etc. such a cute scene with Starlia getting all flustered and saying she wants to be with him long term.. you kinda had a feeling things were going too well though. This series is too metal to give our heroes a break like that.

But holy shit I didn’t expect to see Starlia decapitated like that. No way she’s really dead right?? Gotta be some sort of asspull coming.. surely?? As soon as they start to connect killing her off would be some bs 😢 Kamui, who’s the strongest opponent Ragna has faced yet, pulling up after he’s been thru the damn gauntlet in this battle is not good. No idea how he’s gonna get outta this one…

Looks like Starlia’s soul or essence is still around in Ragna’s mind probably because of them merging during the fight? I need the next ep ASAP. We gotta see where crimson ended up as well.

Animation is definitely not the best, but it’s not as bad some people making it out to be. Silver link have kinda been fumbling lately though. Maou Gakuin had some mediocre scenes and now this. They cooked with Prillya, so again just shows it’s all about staff.
Marinate1016Feb 10, 2:48 PM
Feb 10, 2:37 PM
Jan 2024
Still I think he hasn't reached his peak, so am expecting more from Ragna
Feb 10, 2:44 PM
May 2020
bro what the heck, WHY LEAVE US WITH A CLIFFHANGER LIKE THAT!!!!!
Absolutely loved this episode, pure action violence and grit
Feb 10, 3:22 PM

Jun 2014
I am positively confused, nothing unexpected tho, this is normal, can't be sure of anything in this show. The fights were cool as always
Feb 10, 4:27 PM

Oct 2016
Their teleportation circle sucks ass. Hope the shitty mages that teleported Crimson away and mismanaged the circle die soon
Humans only live for a hundred years, it is as unreal as a dream that ends in an instant. What is the point of a person living in this world? No more than just being on a journey, and witnessing interesting things. Although I do not want to die, I do not fear death. I am already on my right path, I have no regrets even if I die.

— Fang Yuan (Reverend Insanity)
Feb 10, 4:56 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Hahaha they can't catch a break even after manage to blow the shit out of Tara-chan tough shell. Ragna constant unleashed power ofc attracted Kamui to arrive even without needed Olto on-screen telling him to damn helping. I like how they show no mercy and just destroyed all those happy faces. This show needs all the brutality and its delivered well.

Talk about animation, its just alright. Nothing outstanding indeed, but this isn't on the same Ex-Arm level so not much complaint about that. Unless you are a shitty source reader that loves to compare apple with nuts, its so understandable...

All in all, let's see if the next episode still doin the best they can do
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 10, 5:34 PM
Feb 2019
Reply to badabass
Hahaha they can't catch a break even after manage to blow the shit out of Tara-chan tough shell. Ragna constant unleashed power ofc attracted Kamui to arrive even without needed Olto on-screen telling him to damn helping. I like how they show no mercy and just destroyed all those happy faces. This show needs all the brutality and its delivered well.

Talk about animation, its just alright. Nothing outstanding indeed, but this isn't on the same Ex-Arm level so not much complaint about that. Unless you are a shitty source reader that loves to compare apple with nuts, its so understandable...

All in all, let's see if the next episode still doin the best they can do
badabass said:

Ex-Arm is pretty bad so using Ex-Arm as some sort of measuring tool only makes Ragna Crimson worse, if anything, it feels like you are trying to cope with the mid animation from Ragna Crimson by using Ex-Arm as an example.

I'm also not happy with the animation in this anime, I started reading the manga of Ragna Crimson when the anime aired and boy, the anime is such a huge downgrade compared to the detailed art from the manga, the anime is simply not giving the manga any justice sadly and this makes me sad because the manga became one of my favorites and I believe it deserved better animation.

I'm actually more surprised to see people liking this mid animation but if people really like it then good for them, I simply don't and I believe it deserved better.
Feb 10, 5:57 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
Good episode. Little confusing of an ending. Will see next episode
Feb 10, 6:26 PM
Oct 2022
please nooooooooo 😨
Feb 10, 6:39 PM
Jun 2022
Mafene said:
Still I think he hasn't reached his peak, so am expecting more from Ragna

Bros far from his peak ibr
Feb 10, 7:13 PM

Nov 2022
That's one way to get a haircut. He just came in and chopped that head off when everyone thought this shit was over.
Feb 10, 7:20 PM
Apr 2023
This part in the manga is probably one of the reasons why this deserved to have an anime adaptation like this.
It was shocking in the manga and they slowly able to depict the sense of frustration Ragna had to go through.
Well, I guess just watch out for more.
Feb 10, 8:08 PM

Oct 2022
I really liked that no words exchanged during that fight with Kamui. No moves were called out, no speaking to the audience, no banter. Kamui showed up and the fight was on.
UndefeatedBahamut
Feb 10, 9:12 PM
Apr 2021
Just when i thought that this is another mediocre war, the princess gets her head chopped off and then she's well again? Impressive comeback. What is going on with this anime?
Feb 10, 9:26 PM

May 2019
Just after Crimson and Starlia had a nice victory by working together against Tara's suicide explosion Kamui came out of nowhere and beheaded Starlia! Damn, what a shame as I liked Starlia and figured she and Ragna could work together. I'm guessing that the last scene with Starlia talking to Ragna is in his head and not that they teleported together...

On a side note, I wonder what happened to both Olto Zora and Crimson as Crimson was last seen paralyzed from a fall and Olto Zora had requested for Tara to blow himself up.
Feb 10, 10:47 PM

Aug 2013
That was indeed...truly metal.
Don't believe the hype.
Feb 10, 10:57 PM
Nov 2021
Well let's say he defeats kamui so who's left. I mean wasn't kamui the strongest...? So maybe they will escape from here and ragna will keep remembering this moment.
I was actually happy seeing ragna blushing butttttt just why 😭 the next moment hime was killed instantly. Hope she's alive or can be revived (though idts it's gonna happen)
Feb 10, 11:06 PM
Jan 2020
Fucking called it https://myanimelist.net/forum/?goto=post&topicid=2140661&id=70432203

Never thought it would look this fucking bad, I've never seen a show downgrade this much since SDS, but here we are.

The lazy generic ass OP in this cour compared to the 1st one is the red flag
RonninnFeb 11, 2:02 AM
Feb 11, 12:17 AM
Jun 2007
As a manga reader looking forward to this episode, the first half was pretty good. Voice acting really does a lot of the heavy lifting in terms of adaptation, but it did convey proper emotions and impact. Poor Tara-chan, you went beyond and above

I was a bit disappointed with the second half and the battle with Woltekamui. The battle has a very precise and set timeframe (complete with an actual timer), as it is occurring at ridiculous speeds with high end power attacks. Each exchange of blows is part of an intense all-or-nothing battle narrative. The animation gets all the motions technically correct, but it fails to really impart the compressed timeframe (especially Ragna's knifehand blade slash) and the ridiculous power output.

Ah well. There are definitely limits to what the studio can pull off, and doing this fight the proper justice was probably way more than they could do in the amount of time and budget they probably had.

I'm just glad to see Ragna and Starlia really starting to connect finally (i.e. Ragna going "Thank you" is a prime emotional point), even if... uhh... everyone should have still kept their head in the game and not relaxed.

Starlia truly is an inspiring presence, head and shoulders above the rest. RIP
Feb 11, 2:16 AM

Oct 2022
Ballsy move. I respect when the show isn't afraid to kill established characters like this. No plot armor for them.
Feb 11, 2:33 AM

Jul 2021
Not gonna lie Ragna vs Ultimatia fight has better animation than Ragna vs Wolten Kamui! I am hoping they are saving the BEST for last, when Ragna vs Wolten Kamui Round 2.
Feb 11, 3:03 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
he cut the princess head!!!
kekeke
Feb 11, 3:52 AM
May 2021
Feeling so bad for Starlia........ Ragna vs Woltekamui will be cool though
Feb 11, 4:07 AM

Jun 2016
pleasee dont kill our princess starlia like that !!! (there is still hope from that cliffhanger maybe ?? )

there is no action shounenanime can surpass this one , not 2022/2023 for me..

another week reason to life ...
Feb 11, 5:16 AM

Mar 2014
on the last part of the fight the animation team literally said "fk it we are already out of budget."
Feb 11, 5:56 AM
Jan 2017
RoyalKnight said:
As a manga reader looking forward to this episode, the first half was pretty good. Voice acting really does a lot of the heavy lifting in terms of adaptation, but it did convey proper emotions and impact. Poor Tara-chan, you went beyond and above

I was a bit disappointed with the second half and the battle with Woltekamui. The battle has a very precise and set timeframe (complete with an actual timer), as it is occurring at ridiculous speeds with high end power attacks. Each exchange of blows is part of an intense all-or-nothing battle narrative. The animation gets all the motions technically correct, but it fails to really impart the compressed timeframe (especially Ragna's knifehand blade slash) and the ridiculous power output.

Ah well. There are definitely limits to what the studio can pull off, and doing this fight the proper justice was probably way more than they could do in the amount of time and budget they probably had.

I'm just glad to see Ragna and Starlia really starting to connect finally (i.e. Ragna going "Thank you" is a prime emotional point), even if... uhh... everyone should have still kept their head in the game and not relaxed.

Starlia truly is an inspiring presence, head and shoulders above the rest. RIP

Did she really die or did Ragna just dream about this?
Feb 11, 6:24 AM

Jul 2012
The adaptation is really good overall, but I can only hope they polish some things for the BD release. The manga's art is just way too good to be made justice from this arc onwards, and I knew it from the start (because Silver Link. let's be real), but I didn't think it would hurt the impact of one of the most shocking moments of the manga this much.

Still awesome content, just a bit underwhelmed by the presentation, this needed more time in the oven.
Feb 11, 8:52 AM

Jul 2016
How many people complaining and crying about the animation, these pseudo critics make me laugh 😂
Feb 11, 9:46 AM
Apr 2012
This episode's first half was very good.
The timing, and the direction are fantastic.
Emotional beats got me, I knew that he wouldn't leave the crimson because that's generic writing. Didn't expect her to die.

But then RIGHT after Kamui cut off someone's head and put it back on where I was like "OH SHIT?"
Was I taken immediately taken out of this anime experience into a slideshow.
I had to check if Hidiv was buffering at a point.
Feb 11, 1:45 PM

Feb 2014
Aww man did seeing Silverware Princess' lifeless eyes hurt
Feb 11, 8:31 PM

Feb 2015
Damn I liked her. Think she might actually be dead because the last scene she still has her long hair so it might be a dream or telepathy or something.
Feb 12, 6:50 AM
Jul 2023
Oh man, that was so brutal. I liked silverware princess. But at the end moment kamui killed her brutally. Nooooooo
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ragna Crimson Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Oct 21, 2023

69 by Jonsitoa »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Ragna Crimson Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - Mar 30

114 by grapman »»
Yesterday, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Ragna Crimson Episode 19 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Feb 24

23 by Magicmist »»
May 24, 8:00 PM

Poll: » Ragna Crimson Episode 18 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Feb 17

43 by De-Guzman »»
May 23, 11:16 PM

Poll: » Ragna Crimson Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Sep 30, 2023

219 by lasodamos »»
May 13, 1:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.