Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 4, 8:28 AM

Dec 2021
Kyoushirou needs to be careful and look out for himself.

Kyoushirou takes on the exciting challenge of leading the Japan Gekkenkai fencing tournament, immersing himself in the vibrant world of swordplay and competition. Meanwhile, Shizuma steps into the role of an active participant in the tournament, not just for the thrill of the sport, but with a specific mission in mind—to unravel the mystery behind a seemingly spontaneous and puzzling attack.

A little birdie informed me that the companies working on this show have closed down in Tokyo. It's unclear at this point whether this will affect the upcoming episodes, but we'll just have to wait and see how things unfold.

Feb 4, 2:41 PM
Jun 2023
A tournament arc? In this economy?
Feb 4, 8:58 PM

Jul 2008
I feel like there's almost too much going on, new stories and characters being introduced left and right.
Feb 5, 12:48 AM

Jul 2021
Reply to IzanaSolos
Kyoushirou needs to be careful and look out for himself.

Kyoushirou takes on the exciting challenge of leading the Japan Gekkenkai fencing tournament, immersing himself in the vibrant world of swordplay and competition. Meanwhile, Shizuma steps into the role of an active participant in the tournament, not just for the thrill of the sport, but with a specific mission in mind—to unravel the mystery behind a seemingly spontaneous and puzzling attack.

A little birdie informed me that the companies working on this show have closed down in Tokyo. It's unclear at this point whether this will affect the upcoming episodes, but we'll just have to wait and see how things unfold.
IzanaSolos said:

Wait what?? Can you elaborate? Are you talking about the studio or the producers?

EDIT:
Looks like the studio has (had?) an "info session" open to the public today, according to their website. Is this something they'd do if they're closing down?
perseiiFeb 5, 12:53 AM
Feb 5, 1:17 AM

Jul 2017
Japan's Meiji Era Gekken-kai fencing tournament is the show's tournament arc, as the Shounai Domain's Kyoushirou joins the Moriya Clan, and Shizuma, is still on the trail for his wife, now disguised as the geisha Koume. In the midst, the trade of opium that would make or break the Great Plan, that is still for grabs. For the police, Shizuma is tasked to disguise into the tournament, as Chief Superintendent Ohkubo designates the secret check on Ikegami Souichirou through Fujita.

Aside from the many branching plot points, Kyoushirou is also accounted by the Moriya Clan to participate in the Gekkan-kai, though there is one more competitor who has infiltrated their gambling dens with a dosu cane blade. This brings news to Buhei Hiramatsu, knowing his true origins as someone still after his head. Another notable competitor of Koto Nakazawa, she's also a fierce competitor, as do Shizuma himself, while his assistant is there to route out the possible culprit.

With the finalists procured, it's a battle to see who's the best of the best.
Feb 5, 3:36 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
We got a little tournament arc as all Gekken-kai draws some of the strongest fighters in the country. Now its down to eight competitors including Shizuma who is undercover to find the guy that murdered the guy that Shizuma found in the river.
Feb 5, 3:39 PM

Feb 2012
4:41 Miyamoto Musashi da ne? 😄 What the doggo got? A SEVERED HAND.
Of course, it's not this era with opium dealers.
Ohkubo meeting with Max von Brandt. More foreign players.
Tournament arc time

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Feb 11, 4:11 PM

Nov 2016
A tournament arc? You had my curiosity,now you have my attention. Oh wait, it had my attention already. I guess it just became a lot cooler.

Liked the intro to all the new characters. The craziest surely was the foreigner taking down the dove to use it for his painting.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 9, 6:03 AM
Dec 2020
i still can't tell the difference between the geishas so idk who is who

this episode was very boring, idk why they didn't spend more time on the tournament

also the way the archer guy put 3 arrows on the bow but 15 arrived at the same time was crazyyy
Mar 29, 12:02 AM

Oct 2013
Blaze Miller, another violent lad. Using blood for a painting, when the red color ran off, was one thing, but killing a bird with a stone, only to tear it into pieces to gain the blood, was even a higher level of unhinged behavior.

Ayo, tournament arc is incoming!
Jul 22, 6:04 PM

Oct 2022
So this episode reveals the meaning behind the anime's title, with the Gekken tournament. Why would Shizuma enter a tournament like this knowing there are going to be extremely dangerous people at the level he fights at. It's not just some casual investigation with these guys bro, it's possibly a deadly competition. Maybe he's looking for Kyoushirou, but does he really think he's going to be able to take the guy down in a 2 minute fight like this.
It was implied that by attacking the cargo convoy that big guy would blow up all of it by lighting an explosive with the torch- was expecting there to be a 'boom' in the next scene but no, kind of disappointing. That would definitely have taken them down- a NOTCH
SuperAdventureJul 22, 6:26 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Meiji Gekken: 1874 Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 17

23 by SuperAdventure »»
Jul 24, 6:07 PM

Poll: » Meiji Gekken: 1874 Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 10

10 by SuperAdventure »»
Jul 24, 4:51 PM

Poll: » Meiji Gekken: 1874 Episode 8 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Mar 3

11 by SuperAdventure »»
Jul 23, 7:29 PM

Poll: » Meiji Gekken: 1874 Episode 7 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Feb 25

12 by SuperAdventure »»
Jul 22, 7:38 PM

Poll: » Meiji Gekken: 1874 Episode 3 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Jan 28

16 by SuperAdventure »»
Jul 21, 7:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.