Forum Settings
Forums
Vinland Saga
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 25, 4:14 AM

Jan 2009
cordelia badass mode activated the arrows and spears did not hurt them lol
Jan 25, 5:15 AM
Sep 2023
HELL YEAH BABY LET'S GO!
Jan 25, 5:20 AM
Nov 2023
Ive been nervous for 2 months. Cordelia is a badass. Until next month folks 🤘🏻
Jan 25, 5:34 AM
Sep 2016
Hahaha "He's probably the Nords' strongest warrior" the Lnu warriors about awakened Cordelia.
Jan 25, 6:26 AM

Jul 2016
A bit shorter than you would like after a break month, but it is what it is haha. Still a very enjoyable and great chapter. 👍
Penguins are funny
Jan 25, 6:46 AM
Jul 2019
Cordelia lives another day!

Jan 25, 7:00 AM

Aug 2021
thorfinn and gudrid's baby is finally born and the cries put cordelia on that type timing. went from complete wuss to him in a matter of seconds
Jan 25, 8:30 AM

Mar 2014
Let's go Cordelia!
Jan 25, 8:40 AM
Jul 2021
chapter's too short but it was a good ch
Jan 25, 8:44 AM

Jan 2009
also shout out to thorfinn and gudrid for being officially a parent of their own child
Jan 25, 9:10 AM

Apr 2019
Wow…what a chapter.

Jan 25, 9:25 AM
Negator

Mar 2022
The Thorkell genes have been awakened, and the resolve to protect those who are held dear has been found. Chills throughout the whole chapter, here’s to another month’s wait. What a great chapter to celebrate Yukimura’s 25th anniversary.
Jan 25, 10:34 AM

Sep 2014
Cordelia is just built different lol
Jan 25, 1:53 PM
Sep 2023
He is here. Thorfin Jr
Jan 25, 2:11 PM
Aug 2020
a little but short but at least , he (or she) is alive

the art was really good
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jan 25, 2:47 PM
May 2021
Thorfinns baby has been born! Protect at all cost. Cordelia literally just said “Nah I’d Win” 🤧
Jan 25, 5:14 PM
Jul 2023
The suspense is literally killing me
Jan 25, 7:13 PM

Apr 2022
chapters been feeling short lately. cordelia been getting stabbed for a while.
Jan 26, 9:14 AM

Apr 2014
Glad to see this Manga is still being dumb on the Pacifism.
She's getting stabbed and shot at by arrows and still won't fight to protect your home? Lmao. I hope the same tragedy that happened to Thorfinn's idiot father repeats itself.

Jan 26, 9:31 AM
Apr 2022
fucking beautiful
Jan 26, 9:39 AM
Nov 2023
NeutralSide said:
She's getting stabbed and shot at by arrows and still won't fight to protect your home? Lmao. I hope the same tragedy that happened to Thorfinn's idiot father repeats itself.

I respect the take, I just disagree with it. Theres plenty of real life examples of people taking a beating and not retaliating. Due to her size and presence alone, she was able to survive and scare off the smaller natives.
Jan 26, 3:56 PM
Apr 2023
Dilihimer said:
NeutralSide said:

I respect the take, I just disagree with it. Theres plenty of real life examples of people taking a beating and not retaliating. Due to her size and presence alone, she was able to survive and scare off the smaller natives.

Let's not forget that the main reason why the natives decided not to escalate the situation further is because they heard a child crying from inside the house, which meant that the swords that they're looking for are most likely kept somewhere else and there's no reason to get into a tough fight with an intimidating hulking beast like Cordelia if it's simply not worth the risk of losing a number of soldiers.
Jan 27, 7:35 AM
Aug 2013
Finally, he deserves to be the son of Thorkell
Jan 27, 1:13 PM

Apr 2014
Reply to Dilihimer
NeutralSide said:

@Dilihimer Darwin's award is all I can say to you. You're not taking simple beatings. You're legit getting stabbed with deadly weapons and you still think it's fine to talk no jutsu your opponents?
This manga is forcing 21st century pacisfism in an age where it's not surprising to get raided.

Jan 27, 1:16 PM

Apr 2014
Reply to Von_Oberstein
Dilihimer said:
NeutralSide said:

Let's not forget that the main reason why the natives decided not to escalate the situation further is because they heard a child crying from inside the house, which meant that the swords that they're looking for are most likely kept somewhere else and there's no reason to get into a tough fight with an intimidating hulking beast like Cordelia if it's simply not worth the risk of losing a number of soldiers.
@Von_Oberstein Let's conveniently forget the fact the native got scared to fight Coredlia feering they'll die but whatever suits your narrative? The natives were peaceful and just wanted the swords lmao. Not like they were treating cordelia like a acupunture for laughs early on.

Jan 27, 1:28 PM
Apr 2023
NeutralSide said:
@Von_Oberstein Let's conveniently forget the fact the native got scared to fight Coredlia feering they'll die but whatever suits your narrative? The natives were peaceful and just wanted the swords lmao. Not like they were treating cordelia like a acupunture for laughs early on.

How does it disprove my point? They obviously don't want to take potential losses fighting an enraged man twice their size over a small house with a crying baby. They'll still most likely win, but it's just not worth the risk.
Jan 28, 1:39 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Awakened Cordelia, lol. I didn’t expect to see that.
That said, I bet she took a lot of damage and wouldn’t be surprised if the heartbreak comes next episode with her death.
And Thorfinn is a natural dad now!
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 28, 3:49 AM

Nov 2020
Thorkel's daughter is amazing
Jan 28, 6:48 AM
Nov 2023
NeutralSide said:
@Dilihimer Darwin's award is all I can say to you. You're not taking simple beatings. You're legit getting stabbed with deadly weapons and you still think it's fine to talk no jutsu your opponents?
This manga is forcing 21st century pacisfism in an age where it's not surprising to get raided.

What do you want Cordelia to do in that situation then? Go on a shonen-style super saiyan rage and kill all the natives? Thats more unrealistic than what she ended up doing. Standing her ground and making sure nobody entered where the newborn baby was seems realistic to me, especially someone who hasnt fought in the past
Jan 28, 11:05 AM

Aug 2016
Nice chapter. The native americans from Nybyggarna would have offered a much more realistic result, though.
:v
Jan 28, 5:46 PM

Apr 2014
Reply to Dilihimer
NeutralSide said:

What do you want Cordelia to do in that situation then? Go on a shonen-style super saiyan rage and kill all the natives? Thats more unrealistic than what she ended up doing. Standing her ground and making sure nobody entered where the newborn baby was seems realistic to me, especially someone who hasnt fought in the past
@Dilihimer That's unrealistic? My dude you talking about the same manga where Thorfinn could go face front assault on a bunch of vikings to turn the tide of the battle and come out a winner or Thorkell could do it with ease but that's beside the point.
You're absolutely mental to even suggest standing around getting stabbed by spears and arrows is the way to go what if there's a bigger force that wouldn't back down? You just stand around like a human meat shield?. The most realistic approach is actually retaliating when you're confronted with deadly weapons. Heck Cordelia doesn't even have to wipe everyone in there, You just need to show that your people aren't a bunch of pacifier sucking push overs and will actually fight back when forced.

It's always the extreme end of the spectrum with you Thorfinn copium defenders. You either kill everyone or don't hurt anyone at all. There's a thing called in between which this manga failed to learn from it's exact premise.
You can be a peaceful man and be aggressive to protect your loved ones.

Jan 28, 5:51 PM
Nov 2023
NeutralSide said:
@Dilihimer That's unrealistic? My dude you talking about the same manga where Thorfinn could go face front assault on a bunch of vikings to turn the tide of the battle and come out a winner or Thorkell could do it with ease but that's beside the point.
You're absolutely mental to even suggest standing around getting stabbed by spears and arrows is the way to go what if there's a bigger force that wouldn't back down? You just stand around like a human meat shield?. The most realistic approach is actually retaliating when you're confronted with deadly weapons. Heck Cordelia doesn't even have to wipe everyone in there, You just need to show that your people aren't a bunch of pacifier sucking push overs and will actually fight back when forced.

It's always the extreme end of the spectrum with you Thorfinn copium defenders. You either kill everyone or don't hurt anyone at all. There's a thing called in between which this manga failed to learn from it's exact premise.

I feel like there’s several instances in the manga where there’s in between lol. Just recently you see Thorfinn fighting the Natives in the woods. I’ll leave it at that though, especially since you’ve resorted to name calling during an argument 😂
Jan 29, 6:06 AM

Mar 2017
People need to understand that Thorfinn will fight if it is the last resort
He did it in the Baltic Sea Arc- MULTIPLE times, and he is doing it now in the Vinland Arc- this is the "in between".
He will protect his loved ones/family/friends by using the Last Resort.

He said it himself in the Slave Arc
Violence for him is the last resort, everything else is the First Resort- Running, Talking, Dodging, even getting himself beat up.
And he has showcased both ends- he will fight if hes pushed into a corner, and if he cannot do anything else.
He will always try to use the First Resort.
Jan 29, 6:51 AM

May 2020
I mean of course in the face of such awakening, anyone would call it a day lol. Though I'm glad Cordelia still is alive and fine, at least she does look so, but those are some serious injuries.. so we can't be too sure.

Anyways, congrats to Thorfinn and Gudrid.
Jan 29, 8:42 PM

Apr 2014
Reply to Dilihimer
NeutralSide said:

I feel like there’s several instances in the manga where there’s in between lol. Just recently you see Thorfinn fighting the Natives in the woods. I’ll leave it at that though, especially since you’ve resorted to name calling during an argument 😂
@Dilihimer Lmao okay

Jan 29, 8:46 PM

Apr 2014
Reply to Hei316
People need to understand that Thorfinn will fight if it is the last resort
He did it in the Baltic Sea Arc- MULTIPLE times, and he is doing it now in the Vinland Arc- this is the "in between".
He will protect his loved ones/family/friends by using the Last Resort.

He said it himself in the Slave Arc
Violence for him is the last resort, everything else is the First Resort- Running, Talking, Dodging, even getting himself beat up.
And he has showcased both ends- he will fight if hes pushed into a corner, and if he cannot do anything else.
He will always try to use the First Resort.
@Hei316 Oh yeah he fights armed men into submission. I forgot this manga's world is literally bending over to Thorfinn's twisted logic. maybe thorfinn could disarm an entire army at this rate.

Jan 30, 2:03 PM
Nirai Kanai

Dec 2012
Cordelia still being alive just made my day. With the flashback, I'm like "welp, this is it" but she's learning to stand up (literally and figuratively) for herself. I was anime only but caught up on the manga the past few days. I would catch up in such an intense part LOL

The World Suffused with Sound.
Feb 9, 11:31 AM
Nov 2023
NeutralSide said:

Talk about being violent and unempathetic -_-
It's Cordelia's meek personality and trauma ffs. Not to mention Thorfinn's philosophy and his father's is far from wrong. If you tried to understand the manga and were mature you'd understand Thorfinn's logic is basically to never kill anyone and never harm anyone out of spite. A chapter ago he was fighting and harming, but nit killing.
I can't help but think you as a troll just here to ragebait for satisfaction. Re-read the manga with a different approach then make comments instead of outing your incomprehension of a slightly more advanced concept than "fight to kill". It's not that deep or complicated. Just maybe develop some fcking basic human empathy.
Feb 9, 11:32 AM
Nov 2023
Also not to mention the name calling. of other users. Talk about toxic.
Feb 14, 1:37 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Amazing Cordelia, she stopped all the attack!!!
kekeke
Feb 14, 2:32 PM
Nov 2022
Reply to NeutralSide

@NeutralSide NeutralSlide you're braindead, you're just projecting your own incapability to live piously onto a fictional character who's entire concept right now is a man doing everything he can to live piously in a world that fundamentally rejects such piousness.

please grow up
Feb 19, 8:10 AM

Jun 2023
I binged everything from Chapter 43 to 208 in less than 4 days today, and I have to say those four days were genuinely one of the best times I ever had while reading manga.

I believe this is the start of the downfall of Thorrfin's ideals; everything he imagined and accumulated throughout his whole life about "the perfect paradise on earth" is now bleeding. His character most likely won't be able to hold much longer and we could see a shift in his vision soon, along with Einar, his sworn brother, whom he practically shared that vision with.

It will be an extravagant ride as the story tries to unfold and (hopefully) reach a decisive conclusion.

"To the boy who once sought freedom, goodbye." 🕊️
Feb 23, 8:15 AM

Apr 2014
Reply to gallaghea
@NeutralSide NeutralSlide you're braindead, you're just projecting your own incapability to live piously onto a fictional character who's entire concept right now is a man doing everything he can to live piously in a world that fundamentally rejects such piousness.

please grow up
@gallaghea Oh damn look what happened in the latest chapter.
Maybe Thorfinn should just talk no jutsu his way out of this one and use his fists of love.

More topics from this board

» vinland saga manga is ending soon

deg - Apr 13

7 by deg »»
Apr 24, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Chapter 191 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BigPPFumiya - Feb 25, 2022

74 by jgreene »»
Apr 18, 9:12 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Chapter 209 Discussion

ryzxgum - Feb 23

22 by TheMangaManiac »»
Apr 15, 4:41 PM

» Some great music to listen to while reading?

Ghoultulhu - Aug 26, 2015

8 by enigmasauce »»
Apr 5, 8:10 AM

» vinland saga 210 release date?

CRG - Apr 2

1 by deg »»
Apr 2, 2:44 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.