Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 13, 6:30 AM

Jul 2017
The overworked MAPPA comes to helm SK∞ the Infinity's director Hiroko Utsumi, Blue Lock's series composer Taku Kishimoto and TOHO's Bucchigiri!?, a series about delinquency...and lots, I mean, LOTS of gags, as per Hiroko Utsumi standards.

I swear that the popular female director has character designs that imitate SK∞, but it's character designer Takahiro Kagami of Zettai Karen Children fame.

Kroi is back for another OP, though this is quite the action-packed OP. Mahiru Coda's ED is playful and spirited at best.

The well-manned Arajin Tomoshibi, armed with a guitar bag, and with an old Aladdin-ish "Genie in the Bottle" retelling in the form of a Honki Person, comes to school...or rather, a delinquent school with less cuties and more gangsters...except one: Mahoro Jin, who smites him from Day One. The one childhood friend of his, Matakara Asamine, who has not seen him since childhood days, he might have a demeaning look, but he's one respectful gangster, if you could call him that. But the days of wanting to become Honki People, he has long since overlived that dream, and just wants to score with Mahoro ASAP.

Welp, Arajin getting caught blind by another school's councilors from playing at an arcade (which happens to be on their turf), almost buck named and blasting a gun at them, only to get shot himself in a temple, which that bullet lodged on the side of his forehead unlocked the Honki Person Senya, which he grants him the usual 3 wishes, though Arajin does not make his points clear and only focuses on the date with Mahoro. Even that is enough to spawn a stomach upset within him when he gets nervous, and the nameboard stone was about to be given to her, only for him to be trapped in the hads of her older brother: Marito, the head of the school's Siguma Squad, which she sure has the bro-con for.

Arajin's wish of losing his virginity: power to rival even the strongest gangsters, he's got a goal to achieve.

I'll admit, this premiere episode, if you define it as how Hiroko Utsumi would've wanted it, it sure as hell, bloody works. Though for the Average Joe, this is just a mish-mash of original ideas done before in one way or another.
KANLen09Jan 19, 12:01 AM
Jan 13, 7:08 AM

Jun 2019
Well... that was definitely a much more interesting start. I enjoyed it very much which honestly I was totally expecting since I love all the previous Hiroko Utsumi works and this time she's back again at MAPPA to direct her original work after Banana Fish at the same studio. The character designs look from the early 2000s which I'm really liking so far. Arajin is a sweet kid and Matakara is as well but Mahoro being the cutest was the best for me. From the trailer, I deduced that Marito is definitely her brother because of the names sounding similar. LOL.

The first episode was really enjoyable and nice and pretty well done. This is Ogawa line, so not the same people who're working on the likes of JJK and CSM for people who don't know and I'm expecting this show to be around the same as his previous works like Tonsuki, etc. but given Utsumi-san is the director, I'm expecting it to be a very good and an enjoyable watch like her previous works. MAPPA is at the top of the committee again following their recent trend of controlling their own IPs with only Toho being the other member. Nice.

Both the OP and ED (cute) are visually and song-wise really good. A great start.
Jan 13, 7:44 AM

Feb 2021
An original anime from Mappa! And judging from the trailers it will be a wild one.
ぶっちぎり (bucchigiri) - (establishing a) big lead; (winning by a) huge margin; breaking away (from the field)​

本気人 (honki bito) - serious person
"maji" is "serious" too, but really informal
人 (person) can also be read as "jin"
魔神 (majin lit. demon god) - devil
So "majin" is both "devil" and "maji" + "jin" smushed together. Genius.
千夜 (sen'ya) - thousand nights

Mahoro definitely has a few screws loose. She was very suspicious from the start lol.
And the OP and ED (Mahoro is cute as hell) are both really good.
Well, this was chaotic as hell lol. Let's see how will this go moving forward.
Jan 13, 8:58 AM
May 2021
Honestly interesting start!! The op & ed visuals r really good! Honestly excited to see where this anime goes? MC already showing his resolve hahaa. Do love a delinquent anime that u dont have to take seriously.
Jan 13, 9:21 AM

Feb 2019
MAPPA taking a break from jump’s hell trilogy and giving us original content again, love to see it.

Feeling after this first episode is this has a lot of potential. MAPPA brought their usual prowess for beautiful animation and direction and combined with a modern Aladdin retelling? I’m interested. Don’t think I’ve ever seen a genie in this medium so this is fresh. Had shades of Roukdo onna tachi from last year with the delinquent classroom and everything too.

MC is funny as hell so far. Jin’s first thoughts after getting to a new school is where’s the cuties, so real. Gets in class only to find it infested with the scum of the earth. Should’ve known not to trust anyone in there, but bro saw a cute girl and folded. If anything, he should’ve linked up with his childhood friend who has minions and shit in the school already, but he was blinded by horniness 😂

Love his relationship with his mom as well. Kinda has some old school gag anime vibes going on in this one. Could be really good.

As expected, the whole Mahoro thing was a set up, anyone not down horrendously could’ve spotted that a mile away. Seems like it’s a common thing for new transfers to fall for too.

On the brink of death the one thing he clung onto was not dying a virgin, man this show is great lmao. Can’t wait to see what power up he gets next week to take on Mahoro’s brother
Marinate1016Jan 13, 9:51 AM
Jan 13, 10:04 AM
Dec 2014
It was a long time since I laughed with a idiot scene of an anime hahaha

The visual is cool, the characters are cute and fight, romance, food, magic and comedy are genders that fit so nice together. I will continue watching! :)
Jan 13, 10:09 AM

Jun 2013
That was cool just not sure what the premise is
Jan 13, 10:14 AM

Jul 2020
this is what you get when Rokudou no Onna-tachi gets a bigger budget.. although to be fair that Rokudou show was less of a sausage fest
Jan 13, 10:14 AM
Aug 2021
PEAK!!!!!! MAPPA WIN . My CEO WIN
Jan 13, 10:16 AM
Oct 2018
Reply to 1Lopata1
PEAK!!!!!! MAPPA WIN . My CEO WIN
@1Lopata1 holy based
Jan 13, 10:26 AM

Sep 2021
I really liked it! Can't wait for the next episode!
Jan 13, 10:28 AM

Mar 2020
Despite my disdain for MAPPA with all the things going around them these days, I like that they're doing something other than the Jump adaptations. As for this anime, I don't really know what to say at the moment, as it does seem like really fun stuff, but I have no idea where they're going with this, but that's the good thing about anime originals, the unpredictability of it all. I liked the high energy of the comedy, and the different visual style from what we're used to with MAPPA. Let's hope this turns out well.
Jan 13, 10:28 AM

Nov 2016
A colorful delinuent anime with supernatural elements? Definitely reminds me of Rokudou no Onna-tachixSK∞

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 13, 10:30 AM

Jan 2021
I honestly don't know what to make of this first episode. It's not terrible by any means. I'm just not sure how to feel lol. I'm going to keep watching though.
"To Infinity and Beyond."
Jan 13, 10:35 AM
Sep 2015
It's almost like this anime was created for me to watch alone when no one's at home.
Jan 13, 10:41 AM

Jun 2014
I like how colorful and vibrant the show is stylistically, and it's always nice to get more original works, so this should make for a fun watch I'm sure.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 13, 10:42 AM

Apr 2015
Not sure what to think. But it was fun, really liked the visuals. The ED is cute.

About the bishonen/BL stuff let's see if it will just be bait until the end. I note there was even some suggestive poster in the MC room(?) lol

Love Matakara of course, because i am weak for this trope of Bro type of character.
Jan 13, 10:44 AM

Apr 2009
It's so gay and I love it.
I was expecting that girl to be a guy though
Jan 13, 10:45 AM
Jan 2023
I enjoyed it immensely. It was kind of amazing for a 1st episode in my opinion. The shows visual quality is really great and it's characters feel extremely "animated".
Jan 13, 11:01 AM

Oct 2017
This anime wins the award for having the most anime characters of this decade lol. Been a while since saw such a colorful bunch of characters, sheesh.

The fmc is cute but she was suspicious from the start so what happened wasn't a surprise. I do wonder if something will develop with her or this is the end of it. The mom's really adorable btw, need more of her. Also tf was that tv show she was watching, Monk x Nun romance lol. Otherwise decent first episode, interested in it and the animation/visual is good. OP/ED were cool too.
Jan 13, 11:01 AM

Nov 2015
Arajin might have a crush on that girl but I still think there’s a chance that he can secretly be bisexual.
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Jan 13, 11:42 AM

Sep 2021
A really funny start! It reminds me of Rokudou's Bad Girls, minus the Harem (though that might still happen...) and the wholesome stuff but with more gags instead.

I wonder where this is going - just idiots being idiots and it's funny? Or an actual plot? Both sounds promising to me.

And I wonder how messed up Mahoro is. Just a bro-con? Or even more?
Jan 13, 12:13 PM
Nov 2022
Great setup, not a random story like we used to
Jan 13, 12:36 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I have no idea what was going on, but it seems like SK8 meets JoJo's Bizarre Adventure if MAPPA is taking inspirations from the old Bucchigiri(Bad Boys Boggie) manga. The premise plays out the same way Rokudou's Bad Girls except this time the MC gets powers to fight off the delinquents in his class. What a wacky way to start the series.
Jan 13, 1:05 PM

Jul 2017
Finally a new anime that's watchable besides solo leveling.

Jan 13, 1:34 PM
Aug 2020
i was worried but the episode 1 was not bad

it's a good start, i will be there next week...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jan 13, 1:43 PM
Jul 2016
I'm really vibing with this show tbh. Whoever described this as "JoJo for zoomers" was right on the money.

I like the colors and character designs. I like the OP and ED. I like Arajin and his funny relationship to his mom. I like Matakara. I like Mahoro and her relationship to her older brother. I even like that one guy who's just wearing a skirt for no reason lmao.

I'm a godless fujoshi, so I'm personally praying for a love triangle between Arajin, Mahoro, and Matakara. The childhood friend never loses!
Jan 13, 1:44 PM
Jul 2022
Loved the Ep. This show looks hella fun. The animation is pretty good too. The art style is great. The boarding for the characters looks bright and complete, really well drawn. Wish that was the case with JJK too. I mean, most of the time the drawings look incomplete. But can't really say anything given the conditions the staff was working in.

Well anyways, this show looks great. Especially the colors, they look bright and pretty. The character designs are pretty cool too. Hope the show continues this way.
Levi1108Jan 13, 3:24 PM
Jan 13, 1:57 PM

Mar 2013
This was EXACTLY what I wanted it to be. It's got those vintage delinquent anime vibes I was craving as soon as I saw the tags, the humour was on point, the plot was silly. I love it already!
Jan 13, 1:58 PM
May 2022
Animation is amazing characters are so beautiful/Handsome! this has an amazing potential.
Jan 13, 3:16 PM
Sep 2022
This looks insane, I’m in
Jan 13, 3:46 PM
May 2021
I honestly didn't expect this
Really hope they keep this up
ASOIAF is the best piece of fiction

Jan 13, 4:01 PM

Nov 2023
This might be amazing, honestly. For the twenty minutes, I couldn't look away, I was that interested.

I'm excited to see what happens next.
Jan 13, 4:04 PM

Apr 2020
I love how bright and colorful everything is, well done by MAPPA.
Also that Indian/Exotic Style feels really fresh.

To me, this one seems to be a less forced and much more loose and creative version of something like Tokyo Revengers. Delinquent Anime shouldn't be too serious, in my book. Will see this through.

And that ED? That was fire. 🔥
Jan 13, 4:29 PM
Jul 2021
Reply to Old_School_Akira
Arajin might have a crush on that girl but I still think there’s a chance that he can secretly be bisexual.
@Old_School_Akira There wouldn’t be anything secret about it really, bisexual people aren’t attracted to everyone they see and can have a preference between genders. There’s some baggage for Arajin to work through with respect to Matakara, but I’m not sure they’ll be overt about them being together even if they do (which is highly likely). We’ll probably see representation of their relationship being equivalent to Langa and Reki in SK8 the Infinity, or if we’re very lucky, like Yuri on Ice with a rather explicit kiss scene. In any case, very exciting.
Jan 13, 4:36 PM
Jul 2021
Reply to erikkamirs
I'm really vibing with this show tbh. Whoever described this as "JoJo for zoomers" was right on the money.

I like the colors and character designs. I like the OP and ED. I like Arajin and his funny relationship to his mom. I like Matakara. I like Mahoro and her relationship to her older brother. I even like that one guy who's just wearing a skirt for no reason lmao.

I'm a godless fujoshi, so I'm personally praying for a love triangle between Arajin, Mahoro, and Matakara. The childhood friend never loses!
@erikkamirs I’m curious if Arajin will continue to pursue Mahoro since she didn’t reciprocate his feelings at all and has an utter bro complex lol. The ED suggested that Mahoro will be pairing some of the characters with each other (Arajin and Matakara, plus the subordinates in opposing gangs), and as we’ve seen, she’s solely interested in her brother. Anyways #TeamArakara
Jan 13, 4:40 PM

Apr 2022
just watching this because of mappa tbh. heard it's from the director of sk8 and i can see similarities even with the bromance and crazy hairstyles/character designs. the scene of his virginity wish getting meme'd of bound to happen. that jin girl is trouble.
Jan 13, 5:22 PM

Sep 2015
Reply to Embient
An original anime from Mappa! And judging from the trailers it will be a wild one.
ぶっちぎり (bucchigiri) - (establishing a) big lead; (winning by a) huge margin; breaking away (from the field)​

本気人 (honki bito) - serious person
"maji" is "serious" too, but really informal
人 (person) can also be read as "jin"
魔神 (majin lit. demon god) - devil
So "majin" is both "devil" and "maji" + "jin" smushed together. Genius.
千夜 (sen'ya) - thousand nights

Mahoro definitely has a few screws loose. She was very suspicious from the start lol.
And the OP and ED (Mahoro is cute as hell) are both really good.
Well, this was chaotic as hell lol. Let's see how will this go moving forward.
@Embient And Ara-Jin = Aladdin ?!!!
Jan 13, 5:30 PM
Jul 2019
In all of Mahoro's scenes I kept thinking that she is actually a boy. I was waiting for this plot twist and it didn't happen. I'm pretty sure she's a boy! Overall, it was a really funny series! The best character, in my opinion, is the protagonist's crazy mother! She is someone we need to protect! A comedy with A Ranma's feeling! 😁
Jan 13, 5:47 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
First episode was crazy, bizarre, but refreshing. Looking forward to another great episode next week
Jan 13, 6:32 PM
Oct 2021
If this a reverse harem I'm actually gonna kms I hope it's so much more then some dumb fuck romance what a waste of pretty animation
Jan 13, 6:34 PM

Jun 2023
Okay nice starting btw ara-chan is soooooo adorable aaaahhh
Jan 13, 6:47 PM
Apr 2021
Holy crap what a start from an original anime from MAPPA I can tell the animation for the fight scene are just gonna be top tier as usual😩🔥

I knew the girl was fucked up from the beginning she was just too nice to towards the MC for my taste to accept her as a nice person and the way she gets turned on from her brother defending her is really insane behaviour😭

This show has the same director as SK8♾️ and I could see the characters models looked kinda similar to the characters from sk8 the infinty especially Makatara he reminds me of Joe for some reason

I love Arajin’s mom as of rn she seems to me to be my favourite rn bc she’s just so happy go lucky and when she realized Arajin was going on a date was so funny🤣

Not bad of a start I really enjoyed this👍🏽
Jan 13, 7:04 PM

Feb 2020
OH THIS GON BE LIT. Hidden gem of the season for sure. Hope more people watch it
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 13, 10:02 PM

Apr 2015
The first episode was about as weird as I thought this show was going to be solely based off of the trailer, but man that girl had so many red flags about her, it was so obvious she had something planned when she so quickly asked him to go out. This MC is hella stupid. This show definitely gives off similar vibes and energy to SK8, though the main reason I like Sk8 is because of Reki. I'm apprehensive if there's anyone in this show I'd like nearly as much as him...well anyways, I remember I disliked the first episode of Sk8 as well but warmed up to it in the later episodes, so hopefully the same will happen here.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Jan 13, 10:16 PM

Nov 2021
This episode blew me away tbh, everyone coming in with 0 expectation is probably going to be pleasantly surprised. It only caught my radar because of Michiru Oshima who is doing the music for this show and I immediately recognized her score in this episode which was lovely. The character and setting design is really superb.
Jan 13, 11:06 PM
Aug 2018
okay wow, this series clears all but like 3 others at least this season, kinda gives me undead unluck animation vibes and its a breath of fresh air compared to all the shit studios are producing just for profit
Jan 13, 11:59 PM
Jul 2021
Well this was my fav premiere of the season alongside Dungeon Meshi

Love the artstyle and the character designs
Jan 14, 1:39 AM

Jun 2020
I enjoy the male gay subtext and TEXT of this work, very SK∞ with the hunky male character designs so it has me interested. The Rehydrated Ganondorf looking Senya, chefs kiss, his character design alone is why I even started watching the show and I am not disappointed.

Also, the Kenichirou character looks like he was designed by Gai Mizuki, which honestly would not surprise me if there were some correlations. SK∞ did not shy away from similar Bara appealing characters on top of the general Yaoi ones.
TechnopunkJan 14, 1:47 AM

"Don't let your memes be dreams."- Ancient Japanese proverb, probably
Jan 14, 2:02 AM

Jun 2020
Reply to OnlyAraku
@erikkamirs I’m curious if Arajin will continue to pursue Mahoro since she didn’t reciprocate his feelings at all and has an utter bro complex lol. The ED suggested that Mahoro will be pairing some of the characters with each other (Arajin and Matakara, plus the subordinates in opposing gangs), and as we’ve seen, she’s solely interested in her brother. Anyways #TeamArakara
@OnlyAraku Remember the moment Arajin told Senya his wish is to loose his virginity, Senya immediately refer to him doing it with a boy (double male symbols in the background). What does the ghost know that Arajin himself isnt even realizing? His fiery hair holds many secrets.

"Don't let your memes be dreams."- Ancient Japanese proverb, probably
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bucchigiri?! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Apr 6

66 by Grinnygringrins »»
11 hours ago

» Maybe Arajin isn't as trash as you think. (Bear with me guys)

CarlosRock - Feb 29

37 by eightdollarwater »»
Apr 26, 11:33 PM

» Arajin Analysis & Hate

OnlyAraku - Jan 21

28 by Piromysl »»
Apr 25, 4:41 AM

Poll: » Bucchigiri?! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

jas-samaaa - Jan 20

107 by Alfred5_5Richard »»
Apr 23, 9:58 AM

Poll: » Bucchigiri?! Episode 7 Discussion

Embient - Mar 2

33 by DoctorTrash »»
Apr 23, 12:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.