Forum Settings
Forums

What is your first impression on studio (part-8) : Ghibli?

New
Jan 10, 9:43 PM

Nov 2023
They made a lot of great anime movies.

Also have an Oscar Award for Spirited Away.

Very old yet popular studio.

Miyazaki's magic.
But it's so good, I've never known anybody like you
But it's so good, I've never dreamed of nobody like you
And I've heard of a love that comes once in a lifetime
And I'm pretty sure that you are that love of mine
Jan 10, 9:46 PM

Feb 2020
Not a very big fan, but I like Tonari no Totoro, Omoide no Marnie, and Neko no Ongaeshi.

SerafosJan 10, 10:28 PM
Jan 10, 9:56 PM
危ないお兄さん

Nov 2016
Despite his artstyle not really my type i love his storyboard since its content always meaningful and ghibli direction also mostly shoted on enviroment view n scenery in every certain so it can boost trainquility effect towards us as audience while enjoying their works

Jan 10, 10:11 PM

Sep 2013
Only like a handful of shows from them, but I kinda like their animation style and respect what they have done for the industry.
Jan 10, 10:25 PM

Sep 2020
One of my all time favourite studio.
Jan 10, 10:26 PM

Jul 2017
Studio Ghibli is one of my all-time favorite anime studios, and they've made quite a lot of films that I would consider to be timeless classics, so yeah, I do view Ghibli in a very positive light overall. Ghibli's art style and cel animation just look really amazing in my opinion.

As for first impressions, Spirited Away was the very first film I saw from them, and it was one of the few anime that got me interested in watching anime to begin with.
Jan 10, 11:19 PM

Jun 2016
I like those guys. I don't care if it's
>muh normie studio
That label means nothing.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Jan 11, 12:18 AM

May 2018
I am more of a Takahata fan, who was their Storyteller in comparison to Miyazaki who is their Animator.
I like earlier movies like Laputa and Totoro when they had more interesting ideas.
My favorite movie from them - Kaguya-hime no Monogatari.
Jan 11, 12:22 AM

Dec 2021
Heh, I hate Studio Ghibli for setting my expectations to having Princess Mononoke, Nausicaä, and Laputa be the benchmark for the rest of the anime I watched later on. I watched many of the Studio Ghibli films long before I had a MAL account so there's probably some nostalgia there too.

I can't say I care too much for Boy and the Heron though.
Jan 11, 12:54 AM

Aug 2020
Their works are more for watching experience than anything else (not a bad thing tho).

And ofc, that HIGHLY recognizable light blue logo of theirs
Jan 11, 1:36 AM
Jul 2018
Ghibili is the successor of the 70s till mid 90s Nippon Animation TV series, especially the World Masterpiece Theater ones as there was a lot of back and forth between key staff and Miyazaki was one of their lead animators in the 70s

Though after watching both, I find Ghibili movies inferior
Jan 11, 1:41 AM

May 2019
Great and fluid animation but I just don't like their stuff. It's just not for me really.

Jan 11, 2:07 AM

Sep 2018
Not a fan. I liked Kaguya-hime no Monogatari and Omoide no Marnie, but that's it.
Jan 11, 3:16 AM

Mar 2023
Great studio. I love most of their movies.
Jan 11, 3:26 AM
Jul 2018
Wholesome movies with great visuals and storytelling

One of my all time favorites
Jan 11, 3:56 AM

Jan 2020
Um… Like, Japanese Disney, maybe? Their works might be a safe way to introduce someone to anime, because they contain no “anime shit” (incest, onii-chans, jokes about the boobs, underwear, tsunderes and so on).
Jan 11, 4:56 AM

Jan 2023
Iconic as hell, not only with multiple well-known works but also their artstyle.

"You win this round. You doggies."
Jan 11, 5:14 AM
Jun 2021
They make comfy movies. Not much else to say, except that they get too much attention from American movie critics.
Hot Blood saves lives.
Jan 11, 6:24 AM

May 2022
The absolute GOAT and anyone who criticize their movies is just annoyed they don't have the usual degenerate stuff. Also they probably weren't loved by their parents as kids. I love Kiki's Delivery service and Laputa castle in the sky so much!
Jan 11, 4:48 PM

Mar 2021
An image of a production company that produces anime films.

Hayao Miyazaki and Isao Takahata seem to be the main producers. They produced a lot of anime that even small children could enjoy. The latest ones are aimed at adults.

Jan 11, 5:57 PM

Jul 2016
Miyazaki studio. Movies. Highly acclaimed. Haven't seen any of them lol.
Jan 12, 1:43 AM

Jun 2020
Amazing animation legacy. Hayao Miyazaki is glorified too much for his own good, quite arrogant of a person and brutally harsh and strict, often to the detriment of the people that work with him and the potential future of the animation studio.

"Don't let your memes be dreams."- Ancient Japanese proverb, probably
Jan 12, 3:04 AM

Nov 2020
Never watched ghibi anime adaptation, it can be good or bad
What Does Pot of Greed do?
Jan 12, 4:31 AM

Apr 2012
I don't like them nearly as much as the critics do, but I still like them. And Miyazaki's early work is quite special.
Jan 12, 1:20 PM

Aug 2018
Might even call them underrated when you remember that there are other directors there besides Miyazaki who made some truly amazing and memorable fillms, but overall the Pixar of the east thats for sure.
Jan 12, 3:10 PM
May 2015
These guys... elitist, but justifiably so. Their works are beautiful to see, and rival Disney with the "fantastic worlds with talking creatures".

When Takahata was around Ghibli displayed a modern environment more often (Only Yesterday, Whisper of the Heart, Porco Rosso), influenced by Takahata's neorealism themes. Nowadays they do straight-up fantasy, which works, but a look at modern settings does make the story feel more relatable.

And I feel that Ghibli sticking to only films and not doing any TV shows was a shame. Lupin III and Sherlock Hound were classic TV to me.
Haneken2086Jan 12, 3:13 PM
Jan 13, 8:52 AM

Jan 2020
Least "anime" anime studio which might cater non-anime fans.

As for whether I like it, I really like its art style and level of detail put in their films. Although rarely going over the 8/10 mark for me, maybe the stories themselves are not for me. It's something I'd recommend, but not something I'm super crazy about... so far, have only watched some of them.
MOKUSHI KUSHIMO SHIMOKU KUMOSHI MOSHIKU SHIKUMO.
Jan 13, 10:16 AM
Jul 2016
I've seen 2½ Ghibi movies, and I enjoyed each one.

Anime I watched
- The Secret World of Arrietty
- Spirited Away (I dropped halfway through)
- Kiki's Delivery Service
erikkamirsJan 13, 1:05 PM

More topics from this board

» Criticism You Don't Understand.

Alpha_1_Zero - 9 hours ago

21 by _ATG_ »»
36 seconds ago

» Is there an anime character who looks like you in real life?

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

26 by Zettaiken »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Have y'all seen Rainbow?

MillerEvans23 - 5 hours ago

10 by _ATG_ »»
5 minutes ago

» Tell me why older anime is better that newer anime. ( 1 2 )

fluffycow17 - Mar 24, 2021

56 by Spunkert »»
11 minutes ago

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

20 by DigiCat »»
37 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.