Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 9, 8:22 AM
Nov 2022
It looks good, good first episode, I thought it was funny, I'm interested in seeing how they progress in the story, nice.
Jan 9, 8:22 AM
Mar 2021
Great episode, i really enjoyed it. And as someone who enjoys winter, i really like the snowy setting :)
Jan 9, 9:02 AM

Jun 2013
The force is strong with this one
Jan 9, 10:56 AM

Sep 2018
Very cute, but I feel like it's going to just be another 3 months of teasing with no substantial progress made.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Jan 9, 12:57 PM
Feb 2020
this is a good show but i mostly have negative things to say

1. The subtitles on Crunchyroll are DISGUSTING! CRUNCHYROLL HAS SOLD ITS SOUL! You can't judge an anime by the subtitles Crunchyroll gives it, so that doesn't effect my opinion of the show, though it does make it harder to enjoy it.

2. This show is completely ununique. It's basically if More Than a Couple, Less Than Lovers didn't have the unique concept of pretending to be married. I don't care if a show is unique though, and uniqueness can be risky.

3. This show is pointlessly sexual and the characters look weird. There is no legitimate reason for an anime to be sexual. All it does is make it harder to enjoy the show. Sexual jokes are fine but I don't want to see a character in super revealing clothing. More Than a Couple, Less Than Lovers had the same problem. This show isn't as bad as many other shows are but it's still a problem and has me considering dropping the show. Due to the sexual imagery, I do not recommend this show to anyone. No one needs to see that.

Overall, after one episode, this is a pretty good show but it has it's problems. Crunchyroll needs to do a better job with subtitles. I've been calling this out since 2019 but recently I've seen more people calling it out. Localizers have done a lot of harm to anime internationally. Beyond the localization problems, this show is pointlessly sexual, just as so many other shows are. At the end of the day it's a good show with the potential to be much better.
Jan 9, 2:10 PM

Jan 2023
I've been planning a trip in Japan for about a year now, and Hokkaido is where I want to go more than anywhere else. So when I saw an anime based in Hokkaido come out, I wanted to see it just because of that. This anime is unfathomably based. Love the first episode and the characters so far. Very glad I decided to watch it.

I will say though, that I am tired of English localization in subtitles. I watch anime because I enjoy the Japanese culture and I enjoy learning the language. I do not want to see English slang like "mid" plastered everywhere. Japanese has slang but not in the same way English does, and half the time, it's not even the way it was said in Japanese. This is the exact thing localization drama has been about for a month now. Especially after that Dragon Maid political nonsense insert that wasn't even in the original script. It needs to stop. Localization does nothing but diminish the quality of anime.
TrimethylglycineJan 9, 2:15 PM
死人に口なし
Jan 9, 3:27 PM

May 2018
Reply to billybub
Whoever did the translation/localization for this needs to be fired asap "mid", "this is so whack"? This is literally the shit people are complaining about...ridiculous
@billybub Can you guys stop pretending to care so much about common slang? It's genuinely embarrassing.
Jan 9, 3:58 PM

Feb 2023
Homegirl is built different! Hypothermia and frostbite have left the chat. Wasn't expecting the show to be so s3xual, but I guess I'm not complaining.
Jan 9, 4:03 PM

Feb 2023
Reply to IzanaSolos
It's that time of the year when we get our yearly Gal anime. I have to admit, this one is actually pretty good.

Having moved from Tokyo to Kitami City in Hokkaido, Tsubasa Shiki disembarks from a taxi in the neighboring town and decides to take a stroll around the neighborhood. However, amidst the vast landscapes and extreme cold of Hokkaido, he finds herself lost and bewildered. In front of Tsubasa appears Minami Fuyuki, a "local gal." The two, brought together by Minami's guidance, discover that they are in the same class and plan to meet again the next day. Tsubasa, feeling awkward yet close to Minami in both body and mind, finds herself constantly on edge. Little does he know that he will be invited for a home date on their day off.

The whole concept of -8 degrees and "freezing lungs" just doesn't make sense to me. Honestly, it feels pretty good. Sure, being close to the sea, and with even a slight north wind, -8 might feel colder than it is. It's not enough to freeze your lungs, though. Besides, the guy seems to be dressed properly, maybe even a bit too much, so I don't see how anything could freeze in just 5 minutes out of the taxi. He should be fine up to -20, especially in this kind of climate.

It's interesting, you don't see this side of Japan every day—schools not being heated properly, so everyone's bundling up in layers or even blankets to avoid freezing. And wow, this girl is definitely not shy. I can't help but wonder if her lack of shyness is comparable to or even surpasses Marin's. I mean, we're only one episode in here compared to however many episodes we may have with Sono Bisque, but this gyaru has already set her boundaries pretty quickly.

This gal anime had a really good start, imo. I'm definitely in for more!
IzanaSolos said:
The whole concept of -8 degrees and "freezing lungs" just doesn't make sense to me. Honestly, it feels pretty good. Sure, being close to the sea, and with even a slight north wind, -8 might feel colder than it is. It's not enough to freeze your lungs, though. Besides, the guy seems to be dressed properly, maybe even a bit too much, so I don't see how anything could freeze in just 5 minutes out of the taxi. He should be fine up to -20, especially in this kind of climate.

@IzanaSolos I bet it's probably only like 30ºF and bro is just a dramatic city boy...lol.
Jan 9, 4:11 PM

Feb 2023
Reply to Softhenic03
Pretty sure the probability of let’s say a person A stumbling upon some super hot blonde girl in bone chilling winter while randomly roaming the streets is negative… not even zero, but hey if you’re a black haired anime protag who can’t even speak properly outside of his own mind and freaks out every next second over.. literally anything, then there’s a chance, heck it’s inevitable.

We’re talking about our main dude here, whose name, Shiki Tsubasa, might sound cool to ears but that’s the only good thing about him, I mean not even his first day to school, much less in a completely new place and with completely new surroundings, he has somehow scored himself a blonde chick… what???????? And why? He’s already exchanging blankets, hanging out and above all is even getting an invitation to her house…. WHAT????

Why is that girl even showing an interest in him? Because he breathes? Or has two eyes? Or can speak the words and language of humans unlike his counterparts who only know how to bark???????? No really that’s a genuine ask.

Anyways, it really didn’t feel like this was or should've been the first episode of this series, because for some reason these two are acting OVERLY FAMILIAR already... for some reason. Opening sounded good, I mean something has to be decent enough after all lol.
@Softhenic03 ngl...I kinda appreciate the fast pacing of the show. At least we don't have to wait several seasons for something...anything...to happen. (I'm looking at you, Nagatoro!)

I swear if these anime dudes would just act even remotely like a normal, functioning, human being, they would have infinite harems because the rizz would be unstoppable...lol

Gotta say tho, this seasons Gyaru ration isn't too bad. At least when compared to Hajimete no Gal, but that's not a very high bar to clear.
Jan 9, 4:13 PM

Feb 2023
Reply to karrotStick
AOTS and I love hokkaido gyarus, no questions asked. Also I do wonder if it's time to upgrade from bathwater bottles to snot filled tissues?

WE ARE GONNA SEW SOME TROUSERS FOR YOU TO WEAR <3
@karrotStick Bruh...I was on the fence with this one until that scene!!! Gyat Dayum!!!
Jan 9, 4:28 PM

May 2019
Need that expeditiously

Jan 9, 4:29 PM

Aug 2013
I expected a lot of this series and I've got even more.
Fuyuki is indeed cute.
Can't wait for next episode.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 9, 4:33 PM
ザクシャ イン ラブ

Aug 2016
Reply to Embient
Heard good thigs about the manga and wanted to read it, but then saw the anime announcement and decided to wait.

Btw the title (Dosanko gyaru wa namara menkoi) is in Hokkaido dialect Japanese.
北海道 (hokkaidou) - lit. "northern sea way"
道産子 (dosanko lit. way (as in Hokkaido) birth child) - person born and raised in Hokkaido
"namara" is "very" (same as totemo)
"menkoi" is "cute" (same as kawaii)

3:30 A pun on Hokkaido and でかい (dekai) - "huge" (Colloquial)

Not the regular protagonist window seat this time, huh? lol
Are they not going to show us Tsubasa's house? I wanted to see his dad's reaction about him coming over to a girl's house.
This is literally the same Katsugen package as they sell in irl Hokkaido. I wonder if this is some sort of advertisement or they can just use the design freely.

There is a scene after the OP!
Really enjoyed this one, but honestly would've preferred a bit less fanservice.
@Embient Really interesting to hear the nuances of Hokkaido-ben coming from Ayaneru who is actually a Tokyo native. I wonder how Hokkaido natives would view this series and depiction of the dialect. As an enjoyer of Yakult and other milk/yogurt products, I'll definitely have to try Soft Katsugen sometime!
Jan 9, 4:34 PM

Aug 2013
billybub said:
Whoever did the translation/localization for this needs to be fired asap "mid", "this is so whack"? This is literally the shit people are complaining about...ridiculous

That's more like editor's fault. While "mid" is more of less correct ("lame" would be much better, because seasonal meme words inserted into translation are pathetic), the second scene you mentioned was completely out of place.
The translation as a whole thing is good (seriously, calling the TL terrible because of 2 words is overreacting, and it's not like I'm defending localization bullshit, but seriously subs can be WAY, WAY worse - just wait for Urusei Yatsura and you'll see), so I'm sure it's yet another example of pointless overediting by people who don't even know basics of Japanese (yeah, they are often even bragging about it).

MadanielFL said:
billybub said:
Isn't it because the characters are speaking in gyaru slang?

No, she is using local accent (not even dialect, unless you count some lesser known words in Tokyo-Ben).
rsc-plJan 9, 4:45 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 9, 4:34 PM

Mar 2008
Seems a decent start.

It's kind of painful seeing anyone standing in cold in a skirt or shorts lol
Jan 9, 5:08 PM

Aug 2019
He described himself as "lame", but I didn't expect him to be that lame.

What a dweeb of a protagonist, I hope he gets better...
Ahora, triste en la pendiente, solitario y ya vencido yo me quiero confesar

Si aquella boca mentía el amor que me ofrecía, por aquellos ojos brujos, yo habría dado siempre más

Jan 9, 5:16 PM

Sep 2023
MC looks like such a goofball with that hat 😂 Fortunately Hokkaido gals are VERY friendly!

The story is really mid (😅😅) uninspired but its interesting to see an anime set in Hokkaido for a change so I'll stick with it for a while.
Jan 9, 6:58 PM

Nov 2023
It's pretty cute.
Jan 9, 8:06 PM
Dec 2022
similar with My Dress Up Darling but its more entertaining

its been a while to hear Shimazaki Nobunaga comedic side, not to mention Sakura Ayane as Minami who is very similar with Saki Saki lmao

also the amount of expensive VAs.. definitely a must watch anime
Jan 9, 8:13 PM
Dec 2020
The first episode is not bad. It's a good episode for starters to get more interested in the characters. The 'plot' is fine, but what I found most interesting is the conversation about Hokkaido and Tokyo, and how different the 2 places are. Very nice, I think I'm gonna watch this anime til' the end.
Jan 9, 9:29 PM
Oct 2014
how is this not labeled a ecchii all the suggestive shots the katsugen on her chest , that butt shot when she goes to put in the movie , I mean I don't mind but I would have liked to know before starting the anime
Jan 9, 9:42 PM
Nov 2019
lumayan buat penyegaran mata
My Candies :
Jan 9, 9:53 PM
Jan 2008
This episode was so painful to watch, like can we stop it already with this type of men in anime??? I'm not asking for much, just a guy who can casually talk to a girl without thinking with his di*k all the time??? This whole “it's sound really sexy but actually it's something else“ kind of humor is realllly getting old to the point it's just annoying.
Jan 10, 4:00 AM
Apr 2021
Reminds me of My Dress Up Darling but harem style but I like it tho the MC is funny with his inner thought monologues💀

Minami is pretty cute and innocent but all the fanservice shots from her be making me think devilish😫

Waiting for the next episode for sure👍🏽
Jan 10, 6:24 AM

Jul 2017
Mangaka Kai Ikada's Hokkaido rom-com, it may look simple, but it comes from the author's roots living in Kitami City of Hokkaido as a set up for his first main series.

Masayoshi Ooishi always brings banger songs, and this OP is no different at all.

16-year-old Tsubasa Shiki moving from Tokyo to Kitami, Hokkaido, it's cold has heck since he couldn't move together with his dad, but chances upon a Hokkaido gal who's bare-legged and requests direction from her. But Shiki dropping early and trying to walk the way to Kitami, it's a 3-hour walk and is not a good one in the snow, thereby that she is waiting for the bus to go to the same location as well. In all coincidences, both Tsubasa and the Hokkaido gal Minami Fuyuki also study in the same Horkuyo High School, and for someone who's considered lame and has no experience with girls, this is his first time.

Tsubasa's entrance as a transfer student, he sure did not expect Minami to be in the same class as him, though he did not take the Hokkaido cold into account in class, and he has to borrow Fuyuki's blanket for the time being. And already, he's scoring Minami for himself (or the opposite rather) from class to her home because she's interested in all things Tokyo in 3 straight days since his entrance. It sure looks like she's trying to tempt him, and since she's already on a first-name basis, Tsubasa sure feels all weird that Minami is being this careless around him, though she doesn't see him as one. Still though, Tsubasa keeps his distance and cares for her like a normal friend would.

Rom-com fans are eating good and soft/hard this season, and this show is no exception to that rule. A pretty good showing!
Jan 10, 6:53 AM

Mar 2023
Reply to KANLen09
Mangaka Kai Ikada's Hokkaido rom-com, it may look simple, but it comes from the author's roots living in Kitami City of Hokkaido as a set up for his first main series.

Masayoshi Ooishi always brings banger songs, and this OP is no different at all.

16-year-old Tsubasa Shiki moving from Tokyo to Kitami, Hokkaido, it's cold has heck since he couldn't move together with his dad, but chances upon a Hokkaido gal who's bare-legged and requests direction from her. But Shiki dropping early and trying to walk the way to Kitami, it's a 3-hour walk and is not a good one in the snow, thereby that she is waiting for the bus to go to the same location as well. In all coincidences, both Tsubasa and the Hokkaido gal Minami Fuyuki also study in the same Horkuyo High School, and for someone who's considered lame and has no experience with girls, this is his first time.

Tsubasa's entrance as a transfer student, he sure did not expect Minami to be in the same class as him, though he did not take the Hokkaido cold into account in class, and he has to borrow Fuyuki's blanket for the time being. And already, he's scoring Minami for himself (or the opposite rather) from class to her home because she's interested in all things Tokyo in 3 straight days since his entrance. It sure looks like she's trying to tempt him, and since she's already on a first-name basis, Tsubasa sure feels all weird that Minami is being this careless around him, though she doesn't see him as one. Still though, Tsubasa keeps his distance and cares for her like a normal friend would.

Rom-com fans are eating good and soft/hard this season, and this show is no exception to that rule. A pretty good showing!
@KANLen09 Rom-coms fans will always be short on food, NEED MORE MEAT!!!

Welcome back, KANLen, where have you been? Glad you're doing well!
Jan 10, 7:51 AM

Oct 2022
AwwW~ what a sweet start. pretty much consisted of what I prominently expected from this series. Typical lousy shy boy MC, this time around it's Tsubasa. Wholesome first episode.
OP & ED didn't make much of an impression pretty mediocre.
"All things, be they divine or mortal, find their ultimate end. 
                      It is not a harsh punishment, but a merciful pardon."

Jan 10, 8:50 AM
Jun 2016
great start then we see...
Jan 10, 9:36 AM
Nov 2023
Seems like it'll be a fun anime, definitely made with fan service in mind but wholesome. Protagonists' hair is very fluffy.
Jan 10, 9:42 AM

Dec 2022
they already reached the third base in the first episode
Jan 10, 11:02 AM
May 2021
Reply to Shinuki_n_Reborn
@SD_strange What exactly a "14 year old kid" is supposed to write? a sexy romantic comedy? nah, I feel like a 14yo kid would come up with a typical battle/action shounen, like many of the ones you have in your list ;)
@Shinuki_n_Reborn Those battle shounen are far better than whatever this is...
Jan 10, 11:06 AM
May 2021
Reply to Szn08
@SD_strange Alright pack it up
This is not for you
@Szn08 guess you are right, look I am not against rom-com, hell I loved some of them (horimiya, angel next door, dangers of heart)
but this anime is too unrealistic
Jan 10, 12:29 PM
Mar 2015
Just too cute for words
Jan 10, 1:07 PM
Dec 2014
Idk, this was awesome for some reason. I have read manga long time ago, at least started it as I remember, so I was surprised when the anime was announced. This show is very promising. It is not common, the spirit of freshness is coming from the first episode. I am looking forward to the next to come
Jan 10, 1:50 PM

Sep 2020
This girl is just begging to be raped. Luckily for her, the MC is just another involuntarily celibate harem protagonist. Anyway, this is just shaping up to be another generic harem anime. Might drop after 3 episodes.

If liking lolicon makes me a pedo, not liking ecchi makes you a faggot
Jan 10, 1:55 PM

Dec 2022
Reply to SD_strange
@Szn08 guess you are right, look I am not against rom-com, hell I loved some of them (horimiya, angel next door, dangers of heart)
@SD_strange
SD_strange said:
I mean that's like every anime in existence but that's understandable
Jan 10, 2:47 PM
Sep 2022
Peak damn fiction
Jan 10, 3:57 PM
May 2023
It was cute, the animation is a little weird but still cute, I love the snowy theme and I love the main girl, she is so so cute
Jan 10, 6:22 PM
Sep 2023
Hey, not what I expected! in a good way that is.. I am looking forward for the next episodes!
Jan 10, 10:06 PM

Jun 2020
i loveeee gals! my favorite type of character off all time :D so happy to see another anime on them. but wow, this is a lot to take in for the first episode. minami is so sweet and extroverted!
forum avi: sia_job00 on twt

Jan 10, 10:46 PM

Oct 2020
Minami Fuyuki is very similar to Marin Kitagawa from My Dress Up Darling.
Jan 10, 11:09 PM
Oct 2019
Ayaneru as Grayu!!

Definitely giving me Marin Kitagawa vibes.

She is definitely the strongest female character in Anime, i mean how the hell she not freeze to death dressed like that. LMAO

Also why the OP slap so hard!!
Jan 11, 12:56 AM
Feb 2023
The animation was super pretty and I like where the story is going.
Jan 11, 3:12 AM

Sep 2016
urgh, that was borderline cheesy, so many awkward default cliches in one episode. if that gyaru wasn't so burning hot in her winter clothes i would have already dropped this trash.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Jan 11, 6:23 AM

Oct 2018
Pretty average, that one shot with her pits was nice though.
Jan 11, 8:27 AM
Dec 2023
me gusta este anime
Jan 11, 11:58 AM
Senpai

May 2021
I just waited for a twist, but nothing happend.
Yeah it is average for now. Maybe it gets very good lets see!
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Jan 11, 2:15 PM
Jan 2024
is very very very cute
Jan 11, 2:32 PM

Jun 2020
The design of the girl is amazing Ireally like her drawing but the boy…..It happened second time this season like wtf is with hair. Its cheesy romcom so I really don’t expect to much its nice to see a cold place for the first time in the romcom . Looks like there is 3 main girls when there is 3 its mostly start to become annoying.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dosanko Gal wa Namara Menkoi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 19

71 by Alex796 »»
Apr 25, 7:22 PM

Poll: » Dosanko Gal wa Namara Menkoi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 18

103 by kociamatka »»
Apr 22, 1:37 PM

Poll: » Dosanko Gal wa Namara Menkoi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 25

108 by HachiKyou »»
Apr 20, 7:01 PM

Poll: » Dosanko Gal wa Namara Menkoi Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 12

90 by 2life »»
Apr 20, 12:00 PM

Poll: » Dosanko Gal wa Namara Menkoi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 5

84 by Alex796 »»
Apr 20, 9:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.