Forum Settings
Forums

Which anime have fillers that are mostly good ?

New
Jan 4, 2:26 AM
Apr 2020
Which anime have fillers that are mostly good ?
Jan 4, 2:36 AM

Jun 2016
Urusei Yatsura has great fillers even though this triggers some Rumiko purists. Possibly even Rumiko herself seeing as she fired Oshii from the production.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Jan 4, 2:38 AM

Apr 2022
One Piece has good fillers, I mean they are not incredible, but at least they are fun to watch.
Jan 4, 4:27 AM

Aug 2020
InuYasha. Detective Conan also has a lot of good fillers.
Jan 4, 4:30 AM

Jul 2021
Gintama fillers were sometimes better (funnier) than normal episodes but I dont think there are many fillers in that show
Jan 4, 7:00 AM

Jan 2021
Bleach has the best fillers. Bount arc was peak.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Jan 4, 7:09 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
OG Naruto (Not Shippuuden) has best fillers, some of them has funniest comedy ever like that episode with laughing Shino

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Jan 4, 7:34 AM
Jul 2018
Cardcaptor Sakura had fillers that were just as good if not better than the canon episodes.
Jan 4, 7:45 AM

Jun 2017
Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel monsters has always been my "Filler done right" series. The filler mostly expands on things we didn't see in the manga or weren't fully wrapped up.

It's not always just some random nonsense, for example they add a filler duel between Yugi and Joey in the DK Finals, which is way cooler then Joey just surrendering like in the manga. Bakura Vs. Bonz in BC is shown in full and not cut out like the manga.

There is some that's just random crap thrown in, like Mai Vs. Jean Claude Magnum, but it gets a pass simply for being a Mai Episode.
My waifu is the most wonderful waifu. Mai Valentine.
Jan 4, 8:03 AM
Dec 2020
Reply to FZREMAKE
FZREMAKE said:

i thought i was the only person who actual liked the Bount arc.
Jan 4, 9:30 AM

Jan 2021
Reply to L1feHasNoMeaning
FZREMAKE said:

i thought i was the only person who actual liked the Bount arc.
@L1feHasNoMeaning That arc is universally loved.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Jan 4, 10:02 AM

Aug 2021
gintama fillers are comedy gold and fun to watch on their own + they break 4th wall too
Stawberry Milk Supremacy
Jan 4, 10:13 AM

Jan 2021
Yeah like someone else said Gintama has pretty nice fillers, some were pretty hilarious.

Migi... Handle the defence.
Jan 4, 10:42 AM

Aug 2016
Dragon ball before Z has some of the best fillers. HxH99 too.
:v
Jan 4, 10:48 AM

Feb 2020
Digimon fillers are probably my favorites.
Jan 4, 10:52 AM

Apr 2015
Gintama

And i have to say i like most filler arcs of Fairy Tail (Ok eclipse zodiac arc was meh, but there was some fun)
Jan 4, 1:48 PM

Feb 2016
Reply to TheBlockernator
Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel monsters has always been my "Filler done right" series. The filler mostly expands on things we didn't see in the manga or weren't fully wrapped up.

It's not always just some random nonsense, for example they add a filler duel between Yugi and Joey in the DK Finals, which is way cooler then Joey just surrendering like in the manga. Bakura Vs. Bonz in BC is shown in full and not cut out like the manga.

There is some that's just random crap thrown in, like Mai Vs. Jean Claude Magnum, but it gets a pass simply for being a Mai Episode.
TheBlockernator said:

Mai vs. Tea was awful. For every good filler like Dungeon Dice Monsters was a bad one like Orichalcos.
その目だれの目?
Jan 4, 1:51 PM

Oct 2017
The original Sailor Moon anime is literally better than the manga because of the filler content allowing the source material have more room to breathe. The manga goes WAYYYYY too fast, as a lot of villains are killed shortly after they are introduced, so they barely have any character. The anime slows down the pace by adding a monster of the week element, and saving the villain deaths for later on, which allows futher exploration of not only the characterization of the villains, but of the Sailor Soldiers as well with the more prominent slice of life segments of the anime. It just feels much better paced and more compelling than the original source material due to the filler content.
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
Jan 4, 2:53 PM

Feb 2016
Reply to LSSJ_Gaming
The original Sailor Moon anime is literally better than the manga because of the filler content allowing the source material have more room to breathe. The manga goes WAYYYYY too fast, as a lot of villains are killed shortly after they are introduced, so they barely have any character. The anime slows down the pace by adding a monster of the week element, and saving the villain deaths for later on, which allows futher exploration of not only the characterization of the villains, but of the Sailor Soldiers as well with the more prominent slice of life segments of the anime. It just feels much better paced and more compelling than the original source material due to the filler content.
@LSSJ_Gaming
I feel the characters remain simplistic even with filler.
その目だれの目?
Jan 5, 9:17 AM

Jun 2020
Pokemon fillers were pretty good, sometimes even better than the main overarching story.

"Don't let your memes be dreams."- Ancient Japanese proverb, probably
Jan 5, 9:21 AM

Jun 2019
Hunter x Hunter 1999 has like five filler episodes and they're all great.
Jan 5, 10:04 AM

Feb 2016
Reply to Technopunk
Pokemon fillers were pretty good, sometimes even better than the main overarching story.
@Technopunk
To this day I don't understand why anyone wanted a faithful adaptation of the games. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is the only one with an interesting story.
その目だれの目?
Jan 5, 10:12 AM

Jun 2020
Reply to Lucifrost
@Technopunk
To this day I don't understand why anyone wanted a faithful adaptation of the games. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is the only one with an interesting story.
@Lucifrost Think they just wanted to see game stories done in the high quality cutscenes format, which is what I think the likes of Pokemon Origins tried to go with.

I am mostly referring to anime filler stories sometimes being better than the anime mainline stories, partially because it's trying it's own original thing, but also because the Pokemon anime(s) allows itself to be more chill with it's pacing, more episodic in it's storytelling than some stricter serialized series.

"Don't let your memes be dreams."- Ancient Japanese proverb, probably
Jan 5, 10:12 AM
Detective Conan has the best fillers and Naruto has the worst
Jan 5, 10:32 AM
May 2022
Reply to Theo1899
Urusei Yatsura has great fillers even though this triggers some Rumiko purists. Possibly even Rumiko herself seeing as she fired Oshii from the production.
@Theo1899 I think this is a misconception, from what I have heard Oshii was already eyeing the door and the next production company Studio Deen was already chosen by the time the second movie came out, but yeah the fillers are really good in general
Jan 5, 10:58 AM

Jun 2011
One Piece G8 arc, still my favorite filler content by far to this day.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control

More topics from this board

» Do you see there being another Ecchi Anime as critically acclaimed as Mushoku Tensei in the future?

Dragevard - Yesterday

25 by logopolis »»
2 minutes ago

» Why are modern anime fights so awful?

_Nette_ - Yesterday

39 by Catalano »»
4 minutes ago

» Genre/theme you’re not interested in ? ( 1 2 )

Yonahim_Zz - Yesterday

60 by traed »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you have ridiculously long ptw list?

Cammell - 2 hours ago

24 by ForgotEyeWasHere »»
7 minutes ago

» Do you use Character.ai to chat with your waifu?

Dragevard - 2 hours ago

15 by Adnash »»
7 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.